United Group

United Group Employer Reviews

fun and a lot to learn
maintainace (Current Employee), Sydney, NSWJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: bounces
Cons: short breakes
Managing People – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Builds a diverse workforce.
Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.
Quality Management – more... – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Judgment – Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions. Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Productivity and Efficiency – Continually strives to improve productivity. Implements cost savings plans and programs. Takes responsibility for outcomes; Keeps commitments; Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities.
Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention – less
Flexible productive work space
Community Manager (Current Employee), Schenectady, NYDecember 9, 2013
worked great with past school schedule!the Hardest part was turning people away who messed up too many times. everyday task is friendly atmosphere so families and residents feel welcomed.
Small firm dealing with Facility Mgmt and some data
IT Network Solutions Project Manager (Former Employee), Auburndale, MAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: a few groups still left here worth working with..
Cons: always looking to "trim the fat" and upper exec are where you want to be in this company
Not impressed. This company sought after me from the consultant industry and folded the company selling it to a European company only after I worked there 2 years. The new company gave everyone employed there under 5 years a severance. The company is stretched "thin" trying to make the jump to serve clients on a bigger IT Networking need. They're behind – more... the curve and should stick to what the original owners of the company (deceased) were upholding (promoting from within and sustaining a strong employee family orientated business) – less
Not at all a good place to Work
Engineer (Former Employee), SydneyOctober 13, 2013
Pros: reputed name, major company
Cons: worst management
Not a friendly work environment.
High level politics.
Earlier employees left for similar reasons.
They would find a scape goat to cover the companies faults and reputation.
Great place
Facilities Maint. Tech (Current Employee), Brevard NcMay 15, 2013
with the right management in place this company would not lost its contract with the college
UGL Services
Regional Accounting/Admin/Procurement (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 6, 2013
Pros: i took this positon with less pay and comprehensive benefits package to improve my quality of life
Cons: little room for growth, no promotion from within and lack of training
My day begins early as I'm a morning person that hits the ground running. This sets the tone for the remaining hours necessary to continue a living for the life I love.

I've been in the workforce quite a number of years and know a job well done and take pride in doing it. I'm company loyal and have worked with a few that feel the same way about their – more... employee. This is the workplace that I'm searching for. – less
overall not a bad company to work for.
Precision Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Dayton, OHSeptember 5, 2012
Was more of a family feel to UGL the first couple of years but it steadily declined. I think that kind of atmosphere is condusive to quantity and quality of work.
MEETING
Cleaner/Housekeeping (Former Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 24, 2012
Pros: very good pros
Cons: no cons
I had one typical day at work, That day when the sewage piples has
busted in the basement we had to clean and disinfect .
Over the years how waxes ,strip,buff,carpets floors
vaccum,clean offices (etc.)
Ilike what I do.We all get along lone .Very little complains.
Itwas not hard it not what you do it how you do it to get the job done.
At the end of the – more... day we all sit around and talk about the work we done.

No room for advancement
Administrative Assistant/ Human Resource Assistant (Current Employee), Hebron, KyJuly 18, 2012
Pros: close to home
Cons: no room for advancement
There is no room for advancement with UGL. It's a workplace with Tech's that do building maint. The hardest part of the job is there isn't enough people in the workplace and I'm doing a job for 2 people.
UGL Internship
Equity Research Sales Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 7, 2012
Flexible internship hours. Great learning experience!
Co-workers were friendly. I learned a lot about corporate real estate.
Lots of travel.
Route Mechanic (Current Employee), PennsylvaniaJune 22, 2012
Pros: great benifits and pay
Cons: a lot of travel
Maintain multi-state Fed Ex equipment. Most of what I do I already knew, but I had to let go of the 5 day 40 hour week because some days you might work 12 hours or 2 hours, so you learn to just round out your week instead of just working 8 hours a day for 5 days. Management and co workers are great. I guess the most enjoyable part of my job is doing – more... what I love and the new people I meet every day. – less
Very Good
Supervisor (Current Employee), billerica MAMay 4, 2012
Pros: great pay
Cons: great pays
I been on this company almost five years and I love but is time to start new things in my life
New company on west coast
Journeyman Engineer (Current Employee), CAMarch 16, 2012
UGL is new company on the west coast. It is still to early to tell how it will be in the future.
good group of guys to work with
Electrical Mechanic (Former Employee), SydneyApril 8, 2014
Pros: good variety of work
Cons: not enough work available
good company to work for with a good workforce allowance is also made for personal hardships
Corporate Company values and standards
Systems Officer (Former Employee), Bendigo, VICApril 5, 2014
Power and Water Construction environment -Project based
Adapting to various Project site both Green and Brown field
Level of Management varies from Project to Project depending on the size of the job.
Co-workers are mostly men in almost all cases would be the only female onsite
Hardest aspect is to engage trust and confidence as a woman in a construction – more... environment
Varied responsibilities and challenges – less
PRODUCTIVE
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee), Dubai,March 29, 2014
Pros: lunch
Cons: happy hours
My natural management skills have always helped me in performing my duties with proper efficiency, apart from meeting the targets on time. The love of my juniors and respect from my peers, not to mention the affection of my seniors, has helped me in handling affairs of the firm. I perform a number of duties, such as development of administrative personnel. – more... I also performed the important functions of managing the human resource policies in regard to research, and appointments in compliance with the rules and regulations of the organization. – less
productive and enjoyvible place to work
ENGINEERING TRADESPERSON (Former Employee), Sydney Western Suburbs, NSWMarch 25, 2014
Pros: many entittlements
Cons: no free ride on trains
it was good and quite happy to work every single hour at that place
productive workplace
Protection Technician, Technical Administrator (Former Employee), Hamilton basedOctober 22, 2013
Receiving the paper work of the tasks done by maintenance teams.check they were completed then verify test results and correct them after calling the responsible person for the test. Then enter all data to Transpower MMS system through remote access. Then invoice all the completed jobs through Transpower MMS system. I learned the use of MMS system , – more... updating of assets data base and compliance of equipment and tools.I managed maintenance teams and project safety standard procedures.The hardest part of the job was when I drive 2 hours to a site and find the work not coordinated to shut down the part to work on.The most enjoyable part was when work was completed successfully and safely. – less
good money not stable, too much politics
Trades Assistant (Former Employee), NSWSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: unstable shifts
overall good short term job, gets repetitive but co-workers are good
Work alone as "Instrument Tech" should work for "Operations", not "Maint"..
Instrument Tech. Goonyella (Former Employee), Riverside, SAugust 16, 2013
Pros: access to plant controls.
Cons: short term contract.
Confer with Control Room any O/Night issues with plant.
Profi-Bus learnings
Excellent UGL Management.
All Electricians helped when required.
Maintenance Supervisors dont relate to Instrumentation.
Making a process change and improving the output.

About United Group

UGL Limited is a leading diversified services company operating in maintenance, facilities management, engineering and construction – Read more