United Health Services

United Health Services Employee Reviews

Nice Company
Certified Nursing Asst (Former Employee), Charlotte NCMay 28, 2015
This was a nice company to work for using my skills of CNA for 15 years, I love helping others that need my help. Really enjoyed the people I worked with.
Productive and professional work place
Diet Assistant (Current Employee), Johnson City, NYMay 27, 2015
Pros: Free drinks
Cons: When the census is low, it can get boring waiting for a phone call.
A typical day as a diet assistant consists of taking patients phone calls and setting up their meals for the day. In between phone calls we receive paper work from doctors and dietitians regarding patients diets and meal plans.
Over the year I have been employees with UHS I have learned more about nutrition and health.
Our management system is getting better. When I first started working for UHS we employees a food service called Sodexo, where we had wonderful and organized management. In December we signed a new contract with Compass, which created some chaos. Fortunately things are beginning to calm down and management has been great.
My Co-workers are wonderful, we all get along great and do what we can to help each other.
The hardest part of the job is learning how to word things. Some patients are on special diets and they are not allowed certain items on the menu.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the atmosphere. UHS is a great place to work and everyone is very helpful and positive.
It's great volunteer work
Member of NY State Championship Football Team (Former Employee), Johnson City, NYMay 11, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: some patients are really heavy
I mostly was in charge of discharging patients from the hospital. The rest of the time I sat in the basement and watched tv.
worked there right after graduation
RN Staff Nurse and charge nurse, (Former Employee), Johnson City, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Cons: not much chance for advancement in later years
learned so much .wide variety of experience..worked in OR, pediatrics primarily...clinical supervisory.worked every shift..especially liked my OR experience, learned about anatomy first hand..helped in taking care of pts in later years
i have worked there almost 34 years
Medical Technologist (ASCP) (Current Employee), Johnson City, NYJanuary 8, 2015
I receive specimens into the dept as well as process and test and result them.
building relationships with patients and their families
unit assistant (Former Employee), binghamton, NYDecember 5, 2014
I enjoyed the rewarding feeling of helping make someone feel more comfortable, or making their life a little more worth while. The demand on you emotionally was high, you felt great helping people, but could feel a deep connection when someone passed.

Hardest part of the job was management and going on vacation and having someone pass away when you're gone.
Being a mental helath tech. is a difficult job.
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee), Summerville, South CarolinaSeptember 19, 2014
Working as a mental health technician is a very difficult job, but it is also very rewarding.
Not what promised
Patient Line Cook (Former Employee), Johnson City, NYAugust 16, 2014
Pros: every other weekend off
Cons: short staffed most days.
Typical day was quite hectic, usually short staffed. Coworkers weren't always helpful, out for themselves. Enjoyed creating tasty food for patients.
Great opportunity to learn much about health insurance
Customer Service (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 15, 2014
- I learned many things about medical insurance and benefits. Also learned alot about claims, how their processed, codes billed and member responsibility
- I had an awesome manager who took a sincere interest in our development and progress with monthly scores and goals.
Very busy office and each day is different
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee), Endicott, NYJuly 25, 2014
Always something to do and I enjoy being busy
We have something to do all the time , mail and interoffice mail to put away. Very busy phones too. We also put a lot of messages in.
Very High Pace Work Environment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Johnson City, NYJune 11, 2014
A typical day at work is just doing my job as a phlebotomist, working well with co-workers and also working well with patient care. The hardest part of my job is the rate of shortness of staff ever month, and the stress it puts on all of the workers. I love my job and what I do, and really love the workers I have to work with. I come in with the head up high and I am ready for what the day has to bring.
uhs
Revenue Processor (Current Employee), Binghamton, NYJune 6, 2014
come in at 8 in the morning fix a couple of scanners, trouble shoot the problem which takes me about two hours to complete to get everything running again. scan in documents and index them to patients accounts. move electronic 835 remits files from the error folder over to the ansi splitter tool on the ansi server and take small files over to the in folder so it can be processed.
Very Poor Policy on Rehiring former employees
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Endicott, NYJune 6, 2014
I worked for UHS 12 years ago, I was young, not mature and had one child with health issues. I quit without giving a 2 weeks notice because of my sons health issues. Because of that poor decision 12 years ago UHS has blackballed me and I can no longer be hired at any UHS facility. Which by reading the past reviews that is probably a good thing. Since then I have gone back to school, have gotten a degree in the medical field and have become a Certified Medical Assistant. My attendance while at school was excellent and I was on the deans list every semester. Yet, instead of giving someone with excellent qualifications another chance they would rather stand by their ignorant hiring policies.
Great Experience
Weightroom Coordinator (Current Employee), Canton MoApril 29, 2014
Pros: work around schedules
Cons: no breaks
The entire Athletic Department encourage every individual and gives them opportunities to take the initiative.
Wonderful working environmant
Certified Professional Coder (Current Employee), Johnson City, NYApril 9, 2014
I code for family practice, with tons of support from within our department. You never stop learning when you are a coder. I have also done Internal Medicine and Pediatrics coding. I work with many other great people who are hard workers , but also have fun at times. We have parties and make sure people are recognized when so deserved. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the changes. We have programs changes often and new programs coming soon. We always get plenty of training with any program changes. We
Terrible management (former employee)
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee), Johnson City, NYMarch 15, 2014
UHS has too many young people in management positions with absolutely no experience in management, problems are not delt with fairly, employee problems are "brushed off" , UHS is more run like a business and not very much concerned with patient care, UHS only cares about the almighty dollar.
Worst place I've ever worked
Medical assistant (Former Employee), Johnson cityMarch 4, 2014
Pros: patient contact
Cons: rude management no results when you have a real problem
Management is self orientated and not helpful, rude leadership, hr is not helpful when you have a problem, they will lie to make them selves look better and ignore your calls when you are trying to get ahold of them, fail to keep promises and absolutely worst treatement ever of employees
Challanging job, but has made me much more confident
Nurse Team Leader, RN (Current Employee), Binghamton, NYFebruary 14, 2014
Reviewing schedule to prepare for what to expect as far as challenges. Co-workers are a big asset to the office, working together as a team is extremely helpful to have a productive day. The hardest part if the job can be time, seeing many patients in a day, and dealing with difficult parents and children can be challenging also, must be patient. Most enjoyable part is the children.
Educational, But stressful environment
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Johnson City, NYJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: health insurance, and 401k
Cons: no breaks, complants volided and not reviewd for maganement, gossup
Very busy, stressful environment with a high turn over in specialty office within in hospital. Management was poor quality, no follow up on employee complaints regarding management. Some coworkers very helpful and would help educate others, others didn't have the time to help wasn't in there job description. The hours and work days were great.
Fantastic place to work.
Social Worker (Former Employee), Binghamton, NYDecember 31, 2013
Pros: learning the community.
Cons: leaving.
I so enjoyed working in the hospital setting. Working with other co-workers. Working with patients and working through their issues in individual settings as well as groups settings. Learned the community when assisting with their placement.

United Health Services Salaries