United Health Services Employee Reviews

Director Innovation, Research and Development (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 17, 2015
Great place to work, many opportunities for advancement and recognition. Good overall strategy to grow the business. Best office space and amenities. Highly recommended place to work.
Pros
culture
Cons
need better structure
work load unbalanced
cna (Former Employee) –  rhcfSeptember 23, 2015
worked there for many years , the work load for employees is very unbalanced for all. since uhs joined Chenango memorial the home and personal feeling is gone. The staff great with the residents, but not friendly with each other.
Pros
Benefits good
Cons
not enough help
Great Place!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 8, 2015
A great place to work... Most MHT's have psychiatric educational back grounds so processing with the patients is more effective than most mental health facilities.
Pros
Growing Facility
Cons
Management can be more personal than professional at times, People aren't merited by their performances.
Excellent place to work
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYJuly 2, 2015
A typical day is performing phlebotomy on patients from 5 am to 130 pm or later until you are relieved. I worked in every part of the hospital including the ER trauma unit to the neonatal unit. I worked with a crew of co-workers that each took a floor a day and checked with each at end of floor check to see who missed a patient and going back up to get the blood. The best part of the job was knowing I could get the people with the hardest veins. The hardest part was not getting that blood, and the pain in the patients eyes when you miss.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
on your feet constantly and very fast paced.
Overall, an excellent entry level job and work environment.
Radiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYJune 23, 2015
A semi-retired former executive and manager with a radiology background, I worked a consecutive 3-day/12 hour shift which I preferred. The Radiology Assistant position is a basic, entry level, physically demanding job which can be as mundane or interesting as you want to make it; and, occasionally exciting. It's an excellent people oriented, post-retirement job for an able bodied retiree or a HS grad interested in a potential healthcare career, as it exposes you to many areas of potential interest and study. There's limited opportunity for advancement without further study and/or certification, although that is possible even while working; and, there is opportunity to transfer/change job classification depending on qualifications. Although there's usually a rotten apple in every bushel, I can't say enough good about most all the people I had the opportunity to work with at UHS.
Pros
Very interesting work environment, good benefits/cafeteria food at reasonable prices, xlnt co-workers.
Cons
Long hours/day, hours/shift subject to change, many arrogant physicians lacking manners & common courtesy toward non-physician employees.
Nice Company
Certified Nursing Asst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte NCMay 28, 2015
This was a nice company to work for using my skills of CNA for 15 years, I love helping others that need my help. Really enjoyed the people I worked with.
Productive and professional work place
Diet Assistant (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, NYMay 27, 2015
A typical day as a diet assistant consists of taking patients phone calls and setting up their meals for the day. In between phone calls we receive paper work from doctors and dietitians regarding patients diets and meal plans.
Over the year I have been employees with UHS I have learned more about nutrition and health.
Our management system is getting better. When I first started working for UHS we employees a food service called Sodexo, where we had wonderful and organized management. In December we signed a new contract with Compass, which created some chaos. Fortunately things are beginning to calm down and management has been great.
My Co-workers are wonderful, we all get along great and do what we can to help each other.
The hardest part of the job is learning how to word things. Some patients are on special diets and they are not allowed certain items on the menu.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the atmosphere. UHS is a great place to work and everyone is very helpful and positive.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
When the census is low, it can get boring waiting for a phone call.
It's great volunteer work
Member of NY State Championship Football Team (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYMay 11, 2015
I mostly was in charge of discharging patients from the hospital. The rest of the time I sat in the basement and watched tv.
Pros
free food
Cons
some patients are really heavy
worked there right after graduation
RN Staff Nurse and charge nurse, (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYJanuary 21, 2015
learned so much .wide variety of experience..worked in OR, pediatrics primarily...clinical supervisory.worked every shift..especially liked my OR experience, learned about anatomy first hand..helped in taking care of pts in later years
Cons
not much chance for advancement in later years
i have worked there almost 34 years
Medical Technologist (ASCP) (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, NYJanuary 8, 2015
I receive specimens into the dept as well as process and test and result them.
building relationships with patients and their families
unit assistant (Former Employee) –  binghamton, NYDecember 5, 2014
I enjoyed the rewarding feeling of helping make someone feel more comfortable, or making their life a little more worth while. The demand on you emotionally was high, you felt great helping people, but could feel a deep connection when someone passed.

Hardest part of the job was management and going on vacation and having someone pass away when you're gone.
Being a mental helath tech. is a difficult job.
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Summerville, South CarolinaSeptember 19, 2014
Working as a mental health technician is a very difficult job, but it is also very rewarding.
Not what promised
Patient Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYAugust 16, 2014
Typical day was quite hectic, usually short staffed. Coworkers weren't always helpful, out for themselves. Enjoyed creating tasty food for patients.
Pros
every other weekend off
Cons
short staffed most days.
Great opportunity to learn much about health insurance
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 15, 2014
- I learned many things about medical insurance and benefits. Also learned alot about claims, how their processed, codes billed and member responsibility
- I had an awesome manager who took a sincere interest in our development and progress with monthly scores and goals.
Very busy office and each day is different
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Endicott, NYJuly 25, 2014
Always something to do and I enjoy being busy
We have something to do all the time , mail and interoffice mail to put away. Very busy phones too. We also put a lot of messages in.
Very High Pace Work Environment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, NYJune 11, 2014
A typical day at work is just doing my job as a phlebotomist, working well with co-workers and also working well with patient care. The hardest part of my job is the rate of shortness of staff ever month, and the stress it puts on all of the workers. I love my job and what I do, and really love the workers I have to work with. I come in with the head up high and I am ready for what the day has to bring.
uhs
Revenue Processor (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJune 6, 2014
come in at 8 in the morning fix a couple of scanners, trouble shoot the problem which takes me about two hours to complete to get everything running again. scan in documents and index them to patients accounts. move electronic 835 remits files from the error folder over to the ansi splitter tool on the ansi server and take small files over to the in folder so it can be processed.
Very Poor Policy on Rehiring former employees
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYJune 6, 2014
I worked for UHS 12 years ago, I was young, not mature and had one child with health issues. I quit without giving a 2 weeks notice because of my sons health issues. Because of that poor decision 12 years ago UHS has blackballed me and I can no longer be hired at any UHS facility. Which by reading the past reviews that is probably a good thing. Since then I have gone back to school, have gotten a degree in the medical field and have become a Certified Medical Assistant. My attendance while at school was excellent and I was on the deans list every semester. Yet, instead of giving someone with excellent qualifications another chance they would rather stand by their ignorant hiring policies.
Great Experience
Weightroom Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Canton MoApril 29, 2014
The entire Athletic Department encourage every individual and gives them opportunities to take the initiative.
Pros
work around schedules
Cons
no breaks
Wonderful working environmant
Certified Professional Coder (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, NYApril 9, 2014
I code for family practice, with tons of support from within our department. You never stop learning when you are a coder. I have also done Internal Medicine and Pediatrics coding. I work with many other great people who are hard workers , but also have fun at times. We have parties and make sure people are recognized when so deserved. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the changes. We have programs changes often and new programs coming soon. We always get plenty of training with any program changes. We