United Hospital Center Employee Reviews

United Hospital Center is a fast paced working environment that I really ejoy.
Registration Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVOctober 19, 2015
On a typical day, I register patients for express test and diagnostic tests. I add, and verify insurance and insurance claims as well as workers compensation claims. I take newly admitted patients to the proper floors. I love my co-workers and the team moral when working in the emergency department.
great place to work
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVOctober 6, 2015
UHC is great place to work, great md's and nurse. THe downside is there is not much room for advancement and salary is not great.
A very excellent Place
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVAugust 17, 2015
During my time at UHC (United Hospital Center) I found the people and quality of service towards the patients very excellent to say the least. There was virtually no problems I could find wrong while employed here, and In all honesty I quite enjoyed my time at this hospital. My co-workers where very well trained and good at their jobs, not to mention the great hours an time spent servicing the wonderful patients.
Pros
Excellent company to work for
Cons
I have none
This job offered opportunity to grow as an RN and as an individual
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVAugust 6, 2015
My shift was 3pm-11pm and I always hit the floor running. I was a very busy cardiac unit. I learned many new procedures and techniques through the physicians and my co-workers. The atmosphere was always positive and enforced you to grow as an RN. The work was always hard and time management was always a struggle. I loved going to work knowing that I would always learn and that I could make a difference in the patients' lives.
Pros
positive atmosphere, excellent benefits, uniform allowance
Cons
hard work, times og being short of staff
Professional Work Environment
Student Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJuly 11, 2015
During this time I used knowledge from nursing courses and gained valuable knowledge from the nursing staff. Most of the staff was very polite, helpful, and professional.
Office Clerk
Computer In-Put Clerk, Out-Patient Registration (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVMay 21, 2015
I reviewed emergency room charts and prepared them for computer in-put. I collected other charges such as lab, x-ray, central supplies, etc. and prepared them for computer billing. I loved the people, the benefits, and hours. Learned a great deal.
Pros
professional work enviroment
UHC review
Clincal Time (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport WVMarch 25, 2015
I did not work there but I did my Clinicals for my Associates degree at Fairmont State University.I loved going to UHC for my clinicals.They were very patient,helping and encouraging to me.

I learned so much from the HIM department that I have taken with me.I would do my clinicals all over again If I could do it there.
growing big
Charge/Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJanuary 29, 2015
I learn so much for this hospital because i was a small hospital and it started to grow. I learn very good communication and management skill. This is were my computer skill started we had started them in the ED. I love it but it was hard at first. We had great teacher.
I was given the opportunity to learn as I accomplished goals I set for myself. I had a great mentor.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJanuary 28, 2015
My supervisor knew I was eager to prove myself and grow into a bigger and better position. I was mentored and allowed to use my talents and skills as I worked on projects and developed responsibilities for myself beyond my original scope of work. I enjoyed my time at UHC for that very reason.
Pros
i learned a lot while there.
Cons
there is only so far you can go in that setting when you are not clinical.
Responsible for my position
Pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVAugust 30, 2014
At the hospital I was totally responsible for stocking and properly putting the iv fluids into 12 nursing stations. I like it because the director of pharmacy had faith in me to be the one employee responsible for stocking the ivs. Also help filled med carts and etc.
Pros
sometimes the hospital had outside merchants sales there and took it out of ur payroll
Cons
n/a
Clinical Experience
Clinical Experience (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJune 9, 2014
In the second year of the MLT, each student is to choose their location of choice to attend clinical rotations. I chose United Hospital Center & did all four of my rotations at this facility.
Fun work environment
Biomedical Engineer/IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVApril 1, 2014
Good work environment, and a good policy to go by. Good beginner job or job for students.
great first experience
Unit Secretary/MA-PCA (Former Employee) –  clarksburg, WVMarch 17, 2014
electronic medical records,
Float Pool—experience in OB, ER, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, PACU, OR
interpreting & following through with doctors orders,
answering phones and call bells, scheduling test, surgeries, procedures,
draw blood and preparing specimen for lab analysis,
shaving, bathing, and feeding patients, patient transfers and transporting,
assisting physicians and medical staff as directed or needed
AN OK PLACE TO WORK
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJanuary 31, 2014
CLOCK IN GET MATERALS TO WORK WITH, START CLEANING ,BUFFING,WAXING THE FLOORS, LEARNED TO RUN NEW MACHINES. SOME IS GOOD AND SOME IS BAD. I GET ALONG GOOD WITH ALL MY CO WORKERS. STRIPPING AND WAXING. SEEING IT WHEN ITS FINISHED.
Pros
bonus
Cons
healthcare
Not an employee or patient friendly facility
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJuly 17, 2013
Low moral no advancement opportunities, low wage, horrible benefits for the price, no retirement
Pros
n/a
Cons
everything about the facility
Productive job and good in house placement
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJuly 16, 2013
We worked well as a team and helped when help was needed. I learned that to get advantages out of your job you get what you put in it. I moved from a CNA to recreational programs on the weekends. I love interacting with my coworkers and patients. The hardest part of the job would be when we don't have enough coverage. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the satisfaction I get out of helping others, and knowing that I make a difference.
Pros
making friends and getting a discount for food
Cons
not taking luch break when expected if busy
busy
RRT (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJune 2, 2013
a typical day at work, get report, assess patients, check bipaps, ventilators, respond to rapid responses / codes. assist in cath lab with MI patients, check post-op intubated patients in recovery room. handle all calls from nursing staff regarding patients with desaturations in SpO2, respiratory distress, etc.. assess all patients in emergency department who present with respiratory complaints including those with chest pain.
Productive and Progessing
CNA (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVMay 27, 2013
I work midnight shift at the hospital, a typical work night consists of assisting patients to the restroom if necessary, cleaning and drying up the incontinent ones.
My DON is very esy to get along with, she tries her hardest to comply with all the requests the comes across her path as well as maintaing her job responsibilities and keeping in mind the absolute best for the patients we tend to.
Co-workers, we have a little lack of communication, but there's always room for improvement in that area at any job you work at.
The most enjoyable part of my job would be whenever the patients tell me that they "enjoy when I work," they're "glad to see me," "God blessed them with me to care for them" or that they "love me." It is such an overwhelmingly nice feeling knowing that the care that I provide for my patients touches them in the way it does.
Pros
holiday pay, free holiday lunch, free birthday lunch, bonus and advancement availability
Cons
short break and lack of staff
Brand new facility
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVApril 16, 2013
Newly built, nice big rooms. All brand new equipment available.
Pros
new facility
Cons
compensation
Intense yet fun place to work
Student Nurse - Cardiac Step Down Unit (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVAugust 8, 2012
I have learned a lot from my preceptor and all the other nurses in the unit. I enjoyed rendering my services to the clients I was assigned to work with. It was tiring yet very fulfilling.