United Hospital Center Employee Reviews

Work environment and staffing with patient ratios were unsafe. Minimal pay for responsibilities and liabilities.
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  WVFebruary 9, 2017
The moral and work ethics in this facility are low, management is crossing lines between friendships versus being fair and equal across the board when it comes to implementing policies.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Short staffed, poor pay, favoritism
medical transcriptionist/editor
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVSeptember 20, 2016
A typical work day for working at UHC would be logging in and editing reports that the doctors dictated in voice recognition. Lots of interesting words come into reports when a doctor is dictating using voice recognition so transcriptionist have to go in and clean up the reports. I have been doing this type of work for 30 years and I have learned so much and continue to learn whether it be new terminology, the latest cancer treatments or new software to help us do our jobs more efficiently. I have had a great experience working for UHC. My coworkers who have been there long than me are always very supportive and willing to help in any way. The most enjoyable part of my job is really just working with good people and being part of a team who knows how to work together and help each other!
fast pace working environment
Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 29, 2016
register patients, verify key information which includes address, job information, insurance, emergency contacts, obtain consent for treatment
Gallery Host (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVMarch 12, 2017
Great place to work for me. I just got hurt and they wouldn't hold my job till I got better. Great co workers. Nice place to meet people. Was willing to stay.
room for exploring different units
Registered Nurse/Graduate Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVAugust 9, 2016
would be a fantastic place to learn, grow, and utilize skills and knowledge. However, very poor nurse managers and preceptors
Pros
many areas to choose from
Cons
poor management-low pay-no breaks
Nice place to work!!
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVSeptember 7, 2016
Good people to with. Gets a bit overwhelming sometimes, but not bad. Job security not so good. Benefits not bad. Retirement not good.
faced paced work environment
Food Service Floater (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVApril 5, 2016
There was never a typical day
I learn that I do not like food service
Management needed some work
Coworkers weren't a very good team
Pros
health insurance was great
Cons
no teamwork
My medical experience.
Surgical OR Scrub Tech (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVDecember 30, 2015
Working in the medical field is where my passion sits. I love knowing that my knowledge has grown. Working as a surgical tech the amount of knowledge about the human body and the anatomy grew tremendously. I was able to expand and grow as a provider and expand my skillset to a higher level.
United Hospital Center is a fast paced working environment that I really ejoy.
Registration Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVOctober 19, 2015
On a typical day, I register patients for express test and diagnostic tests. I add, and verify insurance and insurance claims as well as workers compensation claims. I take newly admitted patients to the proper floors. I love my co-workers and the team moral when working in the emergency department.
A very excellent Place
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVAugust 17, 2015
During my time at UHC (United Hospital Center) I found the people and quality of service towards the patients very excellent to say the least. There was virtually no problems I could find wrong while employed here, and In all honesty I quite enjoyed my time at this hospital. My co-workers where very well trained and good at their jobs, not to mention the great hours an time spent servicing the wonderful patients.
Pros
Excellent company to work for
Cons
I have none
This job offered opportunity to grow as an RN and as an individual
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVAugust 6, 2015
My shift was 3pm-11pm and I always hit the floor running. I was a very busy cardiac unit. I learned many new procedures and techniques through the physicians and my co-workers. The atmosphere was always positive and enforced you to grow as an RN. The work was always hard and time management was always a struggle. I loved going to work knowing that I would always learn and that I could make a difference in the patients' lives.
Pros
positive atmosphere, excellent benefits, uniform allowance
Cons
hard work, times og being short of staff
Enjoyable and caring atmosphere.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVFebruary 26, 2016
Learned most of my medical computer skills from this group of dedicated and caring staff. Enjoyed meeting all types of people.
I was given the opportunity to learn as I accomplished goals I set for myself. I had a great mentor.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJanuary 28, 2015
My supervisor knew I was eager to prove myself and grow into a bigger and better position. I was mentored and allowed to use my talents and skills as I worked on projects and developed responsibilities for myself beyond my original scope of work. I enjoyed my time at UHC for that very reason.
Pros
I learned a lot while there.
Cons
There is only so far you can go in that setting when you are not clinical.
Productive job and good in house placement
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJuly 16, 2013
We worked well as a team and helped when help was needed. I learned that to get advantages out of your job you get what you put in it. I moved from a CNA to recreational programs on the weekends. I love interacting with my coworkers and patients. The hardest part of the job would be when we don't have enough coverage. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the satisfaction I get out of helping others, and knowing that I make a difference.
Pros
Making friends and getting a discount for food
Cons
Not taking luch break when expected if busy
great first experience
Unit Secretary/MA-PCA (Former Employee) –  clarksburg, WVMarch 17, 2014
electronic medical records,
Float Pool—experience in OB, ER, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, PACU, OR
interpreting & following through with doctors orders,
answering phones and call bells, scheduling test, surgeries, procedures,
draw blood and preparing specimen for lab analysis,
shaving, bathing, and feeding patients, patient transfers and transporting,
assisting physicians and medical staff as directed or needed
busy
RRT (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJune 2, 2013
a typical day at work, get report, assess patients, check bipaps, ventilators, respond to rapid responses / codes. assist in cath lab with MI patients, check post-op intubated patients in recovery room. handle all calls from nursing staff regarding patients with desaturations in SpO2, respiratory distress, etc.. assess all patients in emergency department who present with respiratory complaints including those with chest pain.
Responsible for my position
Pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVAugust 30, 2014
At the hospital I was totally responsible for stocking and properly putting the iv fluids into 12 nursing stations. I like it because the director of pharmacy had faith in me to be the one employee responsible for stocking the ivs. Also help filled med carts and etc.
Pros
Sometimes the hospital had outside merchants sales there and took it out of ur payroll
Cons
n/a
Office Clerk
Computer In-Put Clerk, Out-Patient Registration (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVMay 21, 2015
I reviewed emergency room charts and prepared them for computer in-put. I collected other charges such as lab, x-ray, central supplies, etc. and prepared them for computer billing. I loved the people, the benefits, and hours. Learned a great deal.
Pros
professional work enviroment
Being a member of United Hospitals team was very rewarding.
CNA I (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJuly 11, 2012
No matter if I am in a hospital setting or nursing home, I know that I can provide the specialized care of the individuals needs.
I am very greatfull to be a part of the Nursing field.
Pros
helping individuals in need
Cons
no-one said it was easy, but at the end of the day i know i did my job to the best of my abilities, and that by it self is rewarding.
UHC review
Clincal Time (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport WVMarch 25, 2015
I did not work there but I did my Clinicals for my Associates degree at Fairmont State University.I loved going to UHC for my clinicals.They were very patient,helping and encouraging to me.

I learned so much from the HIM department that I have taken with me.I would do my clinicals all over again If I could do it there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Hospital Center. Our community is ready to answer.

United Hospital Center Reviews by Location