United Hospital Center Employee Reviews

Excellent employer
Manager (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVOctober 4, 2017
United Hospital Center is an excellent place to work with many opportunities. Focus is quality patient care and team work. I would recommend it as an employer of choice.
Stellar
ER RN (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVOctober 4, 2017
Amazing management and staff; very supportive and encouraging, non- judgmental. Would definitely recommend as an employer; would attempt to return if needed to relocate to area.
Busy and unappreciated
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVSeptember 19, 2017
My coworkers were great. Upper management is weak toward employee satisfaction. There is huge employee turnover in all departments due to under-staffing
Benefits
Cons
Upper management
supportive work environment
STAFF NURSE (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVAugust 25, 2017
Worked part time in an outpatient department for an exceptional nurse manager. Great group of co-workers. Competitive salary. Educational opportunities.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVAugust 17, 2017
This organization has very friendly staff, team work is a priority and encouraged, extremely organized, and great on-job training. Overall, pleasant place to work.
Cons
short breaks, low pay.
Local Hospital
Senior Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJuly 17, 2017
I have worked at United Hospital Center since graduation. I have worked all three shifts including Special Procedures/Cath Lab. I have always loved my work and my patients. We have a Radiology Program and students rotate thru each modality. I enjoy teaching the students and helping them learn. I currently work at an off site Family Medicine Practice with 5 Providers. We have digital equipment and the PACS System to make getting results back quickly.
Pros
Great Benefits
Checking patients in/out
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJuly 5, 2017
Busy, fast passed employer. Potential to be fun helping others in the community. Has gone thru a lot of changes since my employment. Would go back...maybe.
Pros
No two days are ever the same
Cons
Short staffed
High overturn
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJune 19, 2017
Lose people very easily and I see why. Staff is overworked. Too many patients for the staff. Patients are not getting the treatment they deserve. Pray you have a good team when you go in.
Amazing opportunity
PCA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJune 15, 2017
My time at UHC has been the most challenging but amazing experience ever. I've learned so much and will continue to to learn. The staff and management is so caring and helpful.
Pros
Great Benifits.
Professional enviornment
RN (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJune 12, 2017
Very skilled physicians and nurses. Everyone I worked with was kind and respectful to one another and the patients. Professionalism shown by all departments
Enjoyed working there
Staff Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVMay 21, 2017
Enjoyed working at UHC
Loved my job and patients
Staff was great
Pay was great
Discounts were great
No complaints
Benefits were great
Department worked together
Excelent place to begin my skills
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVMay 9, 2017
I have learned a multitude o things as I began my nursing career here. From being a tech and now a rn on a step down telemetry, I am very confident in my skills as I move forward in the future
Advancement Opportunities
CNA/Secretary/Central Supply (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVMarch 26, 2017
I worked here as a young adult. It was a good way to start out my career in the medical field. I moved away before I got to dance very far in the facility, but I felt if I had stayed I would have had advancement opportunities.
Pros
Great working with the community
Cons
no Cons
Gallery Host (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVMarch 12, 2017
Great place to work for me. I just got hurt and they wouldn't hold my job till I got better. Great co workers. Nice place to meet people. Was willing to stay.
Work environment and staffing with patient ratios were unsafe. Minimal pay for responsibilities and liabilities.
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  WVFebruary 9, 2017
The moral and work ethics in this facility are low, management is crossing lines between friendships versus being fair and equal across the board when it comes to implementing policies.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Short staffed, poor pay, favoritism
fast pace working environment
Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 29, 2016
register patients, verify key information which includes address, job information, insurance, emergency contacts, obtain consent for treatment
RN various departments.
RN (Former Employee) –  5 north and 3 Center At old hospitalOctober 8, 2016
Working at UHC was a good learning experience and a good stepping stone. They paid my tuition for my Masters degree. I am thankful for that. I learned telemetry and how to manage my time effectively. RNs are treated as "scut workers" by some managers. If you aren't their favorite you can just quit now. You get the worst patients and the worst schedule if you don't kiss butt -- with some of them. Pay is good. Managers are not - from the top down. Always working short handed. Always being pulled to another floor. Switched from one team of patients to another.
Pros
Good cafeteria
Cons
No team work. No leadership
medical transcriptionist/editor
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVSeptember 20, 2016
A typical work day for working at UHC would be logging in and editing reports that the doctors dictated in voice recognition. Lots of interesting words come into reports when a doctor is dictating using voice recognition so transcriptionist have to go in and clean up the reports. I have been doing this type of work for 30 years and I have learned so much and continue to learn whether it be new terminology, the latest cancer treatments or new software to help us do our jobs more efficiently. I have had a great experience working for UHC. My coworkers who have been there long than me are always very supportive and willing to help in any way. The most enjoyable part of my job is really just working with good people and being part of a team who knows how to work together and help each other!
Nice place to work!!
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVSeptember 7, 2016
Good people to with. Gets a bit overwhelming sometimes, but not bad. Job security not so good. Benefits not bad. Retirement not good.
room for exploring different units
Registered Nurse/Graduate Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVAugust 9, 2016
would be a fantastic place to learn, grow, and utilize skills and knowledge. However, very poor nurse managers and preceptors
Pros
many areas to choose from
Cons
poor management-low pay-no breaks