United Hospital Center

United Hospital Center Employer Reviews

Clinical Experience
Clinical Experience (Former Employee), Bridgeport, WVJune 9, 2014
In the second year of the MLT, each student is to choose their location of choice to attend clinical rotations. I chose United Hospital Center & did all four of my rotations at this facility.
Rough!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), n/aApril 28, 2014
Pros: good health insurance
Cons: heavy workload
The workload for nurses is overwhelming. I rarely get a break and many times miss lunch. At the end of the day, I feel like I have been in a car wreck.
Fun work environment
Biomedical Engineer/IT Analyst (Former Employee), Bridgeport, WVApril 1, 2014
Good work environment, and a good policy to go by. Good beginner job or job for students.
great first experience
Unit Secretary/MA-PCA (Former Employee), clarksburg, WVMarch 17, 2014
electronic medical records,
Float Pool—experience in OB, ER, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, PACU, OR
interpreting & following through with doctors orders,
answering phones and call bells, scheduling test, surgeries, procedures,
draw blood and preparing specimen for lab analysis,
shaving, bathing, and feeding patients, patient transfers and transporting,
assisting – more... physicians and medical staff as directed or needed – less
AN OK PLACE TO WORK
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee), Bridgeport, WVJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: bonus
Cons: healthcare
CLOCK IN GET MATERALS TO WORK WITH, START CLEANING ,BUFFING,WAXING THE FLOORS, LEARNED TO RUN NEW MACHINES. SOME IS GOOD AND SOME IS BAD. I GET ALONG GOOD WITH ALL MY CO WORKERS. STRIPPING AND WAXING. SEEING IT WHEN ITS FINISHED.
Not an employee or patient friendly facility
Surgical Technician (Former Employee), Bridgeport, WVJuly 17, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: everything about the facility
Low moral no advancement opportunities, low wage, horrible benefits for the price, no retirement
Productive job and good in house placement
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Bridgeport, WVJuly 16, 2013
Pros: making friends and getting a discount for food
Cons: not taking luch break when expected if busy
We worked well as a team and helped when help was needed. I learned that to get advantages out of your job you get what you put in it. I moved from a CNA to recreational programs on the weekends. I love interacting with my coworkers and patients. The hardest part of the job would be when we don't have enough coverage. The most enjoyable part of the – more... job would be the satisfaction I get out of helping others, and knowing that I make a difference. – less
busy
RRT (Current Employee), Bridgeport, WVJune 2, 2013
a typical day at work, get report, assess patients, check bipaps, ventilators, respond to rapid responses / codes. assist in cath lab with MI patients, check post-op intubated patients in recovery room. handle all calls from nursing staff regarding patients with desaturations in SpO2, respiratory distress, etc.. assess all patients in emergency department – more... who present with respiratory complaints including those with chest pain. – less
Productive and Progessing
CNA (Current Employee), Bridgeport, WVMay 27, 2013
Pros: holiday pay, free holiday lunch, free birthday lunch, bonus and advancement availability
Cons: short break and lack of staff
I work midnight shift at the hospital, a typical work night consists of assisting patients to the restroom if necessary, cleaning and drying up the incontinent ones.
My DON is very esy to get along with, she tries her hardest to comply with all the requests the comes across her path as well as maintaing her job responsibilities and keeping in mind the – more... absolute best for the patients we tend to.
Co-workers, we have a little lack of communication, but there's always room for improvement in that area at any job you work at.
The most enjoyable part of my job would be whenever the patients tell me that they "enjoy when I work," they're "glad to see me," "God blessed them with me to care for them" or that they "love me." It is such an overwhelmingly nice feeling knowing that the care that I provide for my patients touches them in the way it does. – less
Brand new facility
Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Bridgeport, WVApril 16, 2013
Pros: new facility
Cons: compensation
Newly built, nice big rooms. All brand new equipment available.
Intense yet fun place to work
Student Nurse - Cardiac Step Down Unit (Former Employee), Bridgeport, WVAugust 8, 2012
I have learned a lot from my preceptor and all the other nurses in the unit. I enjoyed rendering my services to the clients I was assigned to work with. It was tiring yet very fulfilling.
Being a member of United Hospitals team was very rewarding.
CNA I (Former Employee), Clarksburg, WVJuly 11, 2012
Pros: helping individuals in need
Cons: no-one said it was easy, but at the end of the day i know i did my job to the best of my abilities, and that by it self is rewarding.
No matter if I am in a hospital setting or nursing home, I know that I can provide the specialized care of the individuals needs.
I am very greatfull to be a part of the Nursing field.
A very difficult place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Clarksburg, WVMay 31, 2012
Helpful staff and coworkers, but sometimes the floor is very unorganized.
Good Job, OK Life
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Clarksburg, WVMay 21, 2012
Pros: benefits, experience
Cons: hours, depression
Working at United Hospital Center was a very good learning experience. You will meet so many different, interesting people and hear so many stories. However, the hours are very long and the job in general can be depressing at times. The insurance is unbeatable though!
Part Time position, really should not rate with the limited time I was actually there
Physician Assistant Certified (Former Employee), EDJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: good facility
Cons: salary
Enyjoyed working with the staff and patients. Did not have to deal with management so I can't give an opinion there.