United Hospital Employee Reviews

mistreated as employee and underpayed
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WISeptember 7, 2016
Mistreated on a daily basis, asked to complete multiple tasks in extremely unrealistic time periods. Management as a whole is unorganized and treats employees with a lack of respect. Hardest part of the job was the lack of benefits and respect. Co-workers were a pleasure to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with hospital patients. I learned how to handle money, how to interact with people of different backgrounds, and how to balance multiple tasks at the same time.
Nice place to work
Environmental Services Aide (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJuly 13, 2016
I currently work in house keeping the job is ok but I have been hear for five years and it is hard for me to transfer to another department that fits my qualifications because I have been in house keeping so long. I would like to advance my job career.
Pros
Discounts in cafe. Health benefits.
Cons
Hard to advance my work career inside of my current department.
Great People to work with
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVAugust 29, 2016
The work environment, although fast paced is a great place to work. Doctors are supportive and co-workers easy to work with. I have learned a tremendous amount about the medical field, the patient needs and the required organization skills.
Pros
Friendly work enviroment
Cons
Vacation Benefits
positive work place
Environmental services (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMay 16, 2016
good work environment ,with good co-workers . great health care benefits. great growth potential. lots of social attivities
Pros
great income
Cons
work weekends
Transcribe/edit medical documents
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVSeptember 20, 2016
A typical day for working with UHC is I log in and edit reports that physicians have dictated. There are a few very difficult foreign dictators, which makes the job a challenge, but overall most dictation is very good. The co-workers who have been there longer than I have are all very supportive and willing to help. We are a team and work very well together. I have been doing transcription for about 30 years and I feel that I learn something new every day whether it be new terminology, the latest cancer treatments or new software being implemented to help us do our jobs more efficiently.
Pros
Work from home.
Cons
Strict work hours (not very flexible)
horrible
Night Janitor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 21, 2016
I would not recommend this job to anymore. There's no structure there. Management is poor. Working conditions are poor. Most of the working population there are Hispanics that don't speak English or very little. So its literally impossible to communicate with your co-workers regarding work issues.
Pros
its close to home for me
Cons
low pay hard work
A fun work place
Bag dropper. (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 12, 2016
A typical day at united hospital was to drop bags for others and help then break up their work and go around and clean up my area.I learned to work well with other. The management there was good. I didn't have any problems with any of my co-workers .
Pros
We got every holiday off and cookouts.
Cons
They told us when we got off close to time to clock out.
Worked there for 10 years with good support
Register Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 17, 2016
Staff and management was mostly supportive with my effort and success. I had a spotless track record there until some paperwork errors were discovered. At which point I was terminated without progressive discipline. I had given Allina a good 10 years of my life without as much as a goodbye when terminated. It began a new, dangerous chapter in my life!
Very possible place to work
Pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Pharmacy, Bridgeport, West VirginiaSeptember 21, 2016
I really like my job and working with an excellent crew at Health Direct. But I feel I need to know more into pharmacy such as learning iv therapy and how to mix, etc. I like to do more with physical moving around, like filling, cleaning, stocking, etc. I believe it would be a lot more healthier on me. Data Entry is excellent, but sometimes I like to do something a little different. and keep up on all pharmacy tech duties.
Pros
team work is excellent
Good co-workers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 12, 2016
Company doesn't value their employees. They prefer to have their nurses strike then to negotiate with them. They are a profitable non-profit. The health insurance is very expensive.
Productive and family like atmosphere
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVSeptember 4, 2016
Productive and family like atmosphere. The nurse to patient ratio can be excessive at times and can get quite stressful. The education department is great
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Patient to nurse ratio
Currently on Strike...
Critical Care RN (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNSeptember 19, 2016
I love United hospital. I feel honored and privileged to care for amazing patients and their families. My co-workers have been an outstanding resource to me as a new nurse.
Pros
Co-Workers
Great Pay with Various Hours
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 23, 2016
Deliver and pick up clean and soiled linens from area hospitals but the carts are around 700 lbs and most hospitals are not easy to get to.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
No stability
The best place to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2016
The team was great I loved the idea of the routine work shift. The staff was great. I had a lot of fun working at this facility. The managers were also great.
Professional setting
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMay 2, 2013
Working at the hospital had some major pros and cons. Some of the pros would be that the benefits were fantastic and you were treated like a part of a family by the hospital staff. The pto was great and working with patients was that much better. The hardest thing would be the clicks that had formed in my department and if you weren't apart of that click you didn't belong there. You were made to be an outcast and treated in a negative way sending me home in tears a few times a month because of that kind of treatment. The lack of management that was there was well was difficult because the manager had no idea what she was doing and did not communicate well. It was also extremely difficult to call in sick even with a doctor's note because you wouldbe placed on a warning system. They encouraged you to stay home and get better when sick but if you called in you got into trouble so there was no way to get around it.
Pros
Great pto and benefits
Cons
Mangement, negativity int he work place, calling off for being sick
Great workplace for a small, community hospital
RN (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMay 28, 2015
Overall, compensation was poor and seemed unfair. There is a lot of nepotism present. As a staff nurse, you can practice without seeing the nepotism and if you remove yourself from that culture.
Great patients...
RN (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 16, 2016
Management unrespecting of union contract. Patients are wonderful, tough as nails and ornery but a great bunch. Very large hospital.
United Hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. PaulMarch 30, 2015
great place to work. Great benefits. Co-workers able to help when asked. High demands on nursing but able to get relief in needed.
Fun facility to work at
Cardiac Technician (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIApril 30, 2014
Friendly staff with good patient care. Limited budget sometimes hurts compensation
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
poor compensation
Work summary
Sterile Processing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 2, 2015
Fun way to meet new employs, and build a relationship wtih staff members. I must give my thanks to United Hospital, because they should me how to become who I am, and lead the Sterile Processing department.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.