United Hospital

United Hospital Employer Reviews

it is a very nice new hospital
Telemetry Registered Nurse (Current Employee), WVMay 7, 2014
it is great place to work. Hospital is new with all privet rooms for patients. Staff is friendly
Fun facility to work at
Cardiac Technician (Former Employee), Kenosha, WIApril 30, 2014
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: poor compensation
Friendly staff with good patient care. Limited budget sometimes hurts compensation
Great People and Doctors
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 17, 2014
Pros: breaks and lunches
Cons: standing long periods
Everyone is a team player at United Hospital! We work hard and we never leave until the job is done. There is room to grow here and it is a great place to start a lasting career.
Fun place to work.
Nursing Asst (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 16, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: having to work holidays
A typical day included taking vital signs, serving meals to patients, walking patients after surgery, measuring blood sugars, and providing other personal care to patients.
Productive and exciting place to work at.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), St. Paul, MinnesotaFebruary 11, 2014
Responsible for assessing patients’ health problems and needs, educating patients on their illness and condition, developing and implementing patient care plans, helping in rehabilitation, and providing emotional support to patients’ families. Also in charge of coordinating and assigning duties to other health care personnel, such as licensed practical – more... nurses, home care aides, nursing aides, and orderlies. – less
350 bed acute care facility
Staff nurse Endoscopy Dept (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: great staff members
Cons: high seniority- no summer vacation time
great atmosphere with good working relationship with other team members. Rotating w/e call schedule very flexible. High seniority in the endoscopy dept means summer vacations not available for new staff.
The workplace was organized and structured to meet patient and employee needs.
Student Nurse Intern (Current Employee), Kenosha, WINovember 30, 2013
Pros: opportunities for advancements as a student.
Cons: there were circumstances where i did not get a break because of heavy patient load.
I enjoyed working at United Hospital Systems. This hospital allowed me to advance to new positions as I got further along in school. My co-workers and manager were supportive of my learning. My manager was extremely supportive of my decision to move out of state to continue with school and encouraged me to apply in a critical care unit. She also offered – more... to write a letter of recommendation for me. – less
hospital setting
Medical Records Assistant (Former Employee), Kenosha, WISeptember 29, 2013
Worked daily with patient records. Assisted doctors daily with getting records. worked closely with other office workers.
Rewarding
VOLUNTEER SERVICES (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: rewarding, fun
Cons: n/a
Being a volunteer in the PDS area of United Hospital has been a fun and rewarding experience for me. I feel like I have made someone's day when I leave my shift.
I love my coworkers they are great, the management is ok, the benefits are good, once you apply for a job you don't go anywhere
Nutrition Aide (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNSeptember 3, 2013
I loved every job I have had. Before I started working I
was on medical assistance from 1984-1997 When I got my
job at United hospital. As a cook I worked on the grill area
cooking for Customers, Family members of patients, Doctors,
Nurses. I also cleaned the area. As a Nutrition Aide I deliver
meals to patients rooms. and visit with them when I can.
I – more... do a lot of walking, I also do the snack cart for the new
Mommies, which I love. – less
The hospital life
Information Specialist / Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), St Paul MNJuly 1, 2013
Pros: the people, and the increased knowledge.
Cons: the hours.
this was so long ago, I worked on the cardiac step down units and we had a great time. Even though my position was not in the category of direct patient care, I had a lot of that with passing trays, helping to transport patients to and from beds and wheel chairs, helping them with their socks robes, or just talking to them. I learned a few things about – more... cardiac issues, the medications, the diets. Then I worked in an outpatient department and that was fun, here it was the patients and customers that were the best, of course I did like the gastro docs - they were great. There are times that I look back and think I should have stayed at the hospital, I most likely would be in an advanced position. The hours were hard though and that was why I went to the clinic, my family needed me more than I was available, so I went for the routine 9-5 Mon-Fri schedule. – less
Fun and helping environment
Volunteer (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNMay 8, 2013
Pros: flexible, fun, fast paced environment
A typical day consisted of working in patient discharge. So whenever someone in the hospital was being discharged we would wheel them to their destination, such as the lobby. Co-workers were of all ages and backgrounds with many looking to go into the medical field. It is extremely flexible and works around your schedule.
Professional setting
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Kenosha, WIMay 2, 2013
Pros: great pto and benefits
Cons: mangement, negativity int he work place, calling off for being sick
Working at the hospital had some major pros and cons. Some of the pros would be that the benefits were fantastic and you were treated like a part of a family by the hospital staff. The pto was great and working with patients was that much better. The hardest thing would be the clicks that had formed in my department and if you weren't apart of that – more... click you didn't belong there. You were made to be an outcast and treated in a negative way sending me home in tears a few times a month because of that kind of treatment. The lack of management that was there was well was difficult because the manager had no idea what she was doing and did not communicate well. It was also extremely difficult to call in sick even with a doctor's note because you wouldbe placed on a warning system. They encouraged you to stay home and get better when sick but if you called in you got into trouble so there was no way to get around it. – less
Very good cath lab, lots of experience.
Special Procedures Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNMarch 19, 2013
Good place to work. Management did not always listen to staff.
Well trained staff.
United
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNMarch 8, 2013
was a change of pace. co-wokers were great and I really enjoye the doctors that i worked with.
I very much enjoyed my job at united
Environmental Services (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNFebruary 14, 2013
I worked in many areas of the hospital. Labor and delivery was my favorite.every one I worked with was great. Management was helpfull. I worked alot of overtime.
Float Nurse
Float Staff, LPN (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNFebruary 11, 2013
Quality care of inpatient adolescent and adult patients.

Experienced in the field of: Epilepsy, Medical-Surgical, Neurology, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Psychiatry.

Completing the admission of a patient, caring of pre/post surgery patients, handling difficult situations with a psych patient, being their for the patient's wants and needs.
My position was very entrepreneurial and my work, to grow the cardiovascular service line, was strongly supported by the President of the hospital. I
Director, Cardiovascular Business Development (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJanuary 22, 2013
I had an opportunity to grow and develop my skills and abilities in this position. Because I was known as someone who could get results and make things happen, I was asked to take on many additional roles and responsibilities that were challenging and allowed me to become an even better leader.
fairly secure, nice job
CT TECHNOLOGIST / XRAY TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee), Kenosha, WIJanuary 2, 2013
A job is what you make it. I enjoy working at UHS. The environment gets better every year.
I worked Fulltime first shift
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), St. Paul, MnNovember 15, 2012
Busy productive. I learned that by helping patients as a phlebotomist
I'm saving lives daily, DR. will be able to make changes to better their lives. As for as management good and fair. Teamwork was there always spec in a em