Journeyman Electrician / Maintenance Tech responsible for installation and maintenance of electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical systems.
- Experience in Commercial and Industrial electrical
- Ability to follow NEC codes to install and repair electrical systems
- Read diagrams and blueprints
- Experience in working with hand tools. power tools, and electronic test equipment.
- Knowledge of job-site safety and the ability to complete a company safety orientation.
- Basic Microsoft office computer skills.
- Must have high standards in communication and professionalism.
- Drug free at all times
- Valid drivers licence
- TDLR Electrical Journeyman's License.
Traveling may be required with expenses paid including Breakfast, Dinner, and Hotel. No out of pocket travel expenses. We pay you for the time you spend traveling in a company vehicle to and from job sites as well. We try to have employees home on every weekend if traveling is required.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Troubleshooting electrical components,wiring diagrams, transformers, panels, and motor control circuits.
- Install power wiring and conduits such as: EMT, Rigid, MC Cable etc,,,,
- Inspect electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic systems.
- Installation, Troubleshooting, Maintenance of conveyor systems.
- Keep detailed Maintenance catalogs
- Maintain Electrical Licence
- Directing and training workers to install, or maintain electrical wiring, equipment, and pneumatic systems.
- Maintain proper communication to end customers
- Paid Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision plans
- Prescription and Drug plans
- Lift Insurance
- Short-Term and Long Term Disability
- 401 (k) plan
UIS has full service operations in Louisville, KY and San Antonio, TX. We have extensive experience in the material handling industry. We provide installation, alterations, maintenance and repair for a number of items including:
- Docks - Levelers, Locks, Shelters, Seals and Bumpers
- Doors - Overhead, Sectional, Roll up, Rolling and Freezer
- Material Lifts
- Conveyor Systems – Mechanical and/or Electrical Installation and Service
- Fans - High Volume, Low Speed, High Velocity
- Curtain Walls Installations
- Lighting Power Design & Installation
- Cabling and Wiring Projects
- UPS Installation
- HVAC Power Supply
- Electric Controls
- Automation Systems