UNITED INSURANCE Employee Reviews

Enjoyable enviroment to work in.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Sumter SCJuly 29, 2016
Work on your own as an Agent so hours are scheduled around your clients. Great Company to be associated with. I especially enjoyed working with my clients, as this is a home service insurance setting. The co-workers were very professional and fun to be with during our scheduled bi-weekly meetings. Management is top of the line!
Pros
excellent benefits
terrible
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMay 27, 2016
Terrible, treat employees terrible and no benefits. Learned about medicare. they took phones and locked them up, locked bathrooms and made people sign in and out to use bathroom because someone kept messing it up.
bad
bad
Looking for a change
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 20, 2015
I need a change, plus there is a rumor they are closing my office. The office has hired retired people to fill full time position and it is my job to manage sales and collections of these Sales Reps. They dont work 8 hr days and I am the one who has to pick up the slack when they dont perform. I try to recruit but the training pay is not good enough to attract Bread winners so I am stuck with the same Retired guys. I put tons of pressure on my self and it is effecting my health. The most enjoyable part of the job and the reason I do it still is the customers. They Love me and I love them.
Pros
benefits and flexible work day hours
Cons
dying industry
A company with great potential.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 15, 2012
A typical day involved tracking lead distribution, new talent recruitment, new policy application audit and submission, agent licensing, completing daily performance reports, answering phone, attending conference calls and webinars, scheduling webinars, meeting venues and travel arrangements. Assisting other administrative assistants around the country and ordering supplies.

I learned about HIPPA requirements for Medicare and about various coverages available to Seniors and various carriers that provide coverage. My co-workers were all upbeat but many lacked the drive needed to be truly successful. The employees that were enthusiastic and worked hard were very enjoyable to interact with and were the most enjoyable part of the job.

The most difficult part of the job was a lack of production by agents, which made days drag a lot of times and management suffered from a little too much beaurocracy.
Pros
well funded company; great it department.
Cons
corporate control out of michigan extensive, compensation lacklustre.
outside sales report to office once a week
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Hillside, ILSeptember 29, 2015
Sales Agent works outside writing policies and collecting premiums. Must meet a quota salary plus commission pay may increase or decrease.
Pros
work your own hours pay increase with sales
Cons
cold calling, solicting, need referrals collecting premiums door to door.
Work environment is not safe
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 26, 2016
Have to collect insurance premium door to door in East Los Angeles.
Management is very pushy, always ask agents to sell more.
lots of motivation from management
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 23, 2012
I was new in 2009 doing insurance did not know what the expectations were and being a debt collector over the phone is very different from collecting payments from clients in their home. The company caters to people with low income and they can be a hard sale with today's economy.
Pros
work your own schedule, great benefits, no salary cap
Cons
home based debit, stressful and frustrating getting clients to pay
insurance
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAMay 4, 2016
I loved working in a fast paced office. The only thing I did not like Is the district where I worked closed down. I would have loved some career advancements
Wonderful Work Place
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MSMay 19, 2016
I love this job because of the great customers, the boss is incredible. The work was easy to learn. I learned to take payments and use all of the cites needed on a daily basis. I loved meeting new customers and making them smile!
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
I need more hours, I need better pay
Productive but yet slow pace enviorment
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 28, 2014
A great company to establish a new career in insurance. Slow pace enviorment with little leads and short cliental base. Benefits available as well as pension.
Pros
reimbursment after you pass state exam
Cons
low client base
Enjoyable to meet new clients
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 28, 2013
Constantly was meeting new clients to review policies and to recommend new products that fit their needs. Collected monthly premiums. Was in the field everyday. Worked independently 95% of the time.
Pros
meet new people daily
Cons
driving all day, compensation
Administrative Assistant/insurance agent (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 25, 2016
This is my first job and I learned everything from here.The management is very good too.Servicing client is most enjoyable part of the job , interacting with client.
It was a learning experience.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMay 12, 2016
Typical day was just going door-to-door trying to get sales. Also, visiting my clients making sure they was happy with their policies.
Needs Better Leadership
Exclusive Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove CaOctober 26, 2012
Training is poor and compensation is very poor and the concept of picking premiums from clients is very time consuming and costly in this day and age
Great Company.Great People
INSURANCE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 8, 2012
Great Company.Great People. Great training. Great products, compensation, bonuses and incentives.
I donĀ“t recommend.
Sales agent. (Former Employee) –  Opa Locka, FLSeptember 7, 2015
Very little money to be made there, average of $300 to $500 weekly, on top of that you have to use your own car to visit customers all day and the company do not pay for your gas or milage. The management is a joke.
Pros
You can manage your time as you want.
Cons
Poor money.
Terrible job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 17, 2015
I did an entire two months worth of training to get this job along with having to spend hundreds of dollars to get my licenses to be able to work in the insurance field. I was told I would be reimbursed for my training and license fees which I never was. I was told that the potential to make commission was very high, which it wasn't. I was charged after I quit this job for collection payments that I had collected but the staff had misfiled so I had to take the hit to my paycheck to pay back. One last thing it took them 6 months to get my last check to me which was also slightly lighted than usual because of their inability to keep track of paper work. My average route took me 5-7 hours a day to do and it stretched about 2 hours of driving(highway) to get to the furthest point. My pay was only 500 dollars a week.
Pros
Cons
Hours, Driving, Paperwork, People.
Flexible Schedule, great clients and coworkers
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCSeptember 16, 2015
Great company with very supportive management. Most enjoyable is meeting with new clients and servicing my existing clients.
Pros
Meetings at district office are always enjoyable
Cons
Sometimes gets stressfull toward end of month closeout, but that is to be expected
depressing
agent (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCOctober 16, 2015
bad management no feed back.make your own schedule.mangement
always putting you down.never an encouraging word.the overall product for this company is unfavorable to new clientele.
Pros
set your own hours
Cons
charge backs on commission
You meet a lot of different people
INSURANCE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 23, 2013
A typical day at work is good customer service. I learned to patient. The management on a scale 1-10; I would give it a 3. My co-workers are the best co-workers anyone could ask for or want. The hardest part of the job was, well there was no hard part, I enjoyed it all. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different people.
Pros
Make your own work schedule
Cons
Do not provide a gas allowance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UNITED INSURANCE. Our community is ready to answer.