United Internet Employee Reviews in United States

Hostile Work Environment
MyWebsite Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Chesterbrook, PAAugust 8, 2016
1&1 internet is the worst place I have ever worked in terms of the environment. The job itself was ok and at times enjoyable. The compensation and benefits were above average which is why people stay so long. The management and treatment of employees is why people ultimately leave, it becomes unbearable. The managers curse at you, use profane language when speaking in general and belittle/harass you constantly. HR there is a joke. If you think HR will help you, you're a fool. Going to HR makes things worse because they don't do anything and second, they don't keep anything confidential. Whenever you feel mistreated and go to HR, within 2 weeks you mysteriously get written up for some minor infraction after not having done anything wrong for months. Favoritism exists everywhere but not as bad as at this place. If you have experience and education to back you up for a promotion it gets overlooked if you're not friends with the managers. Those individuals who constantly go out to drink and party get promoted like nobodys business. Do yourself a favor, if you decide to work here, do it as a temporary gig and get out within 1 year. This place is not worth your time.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Management, hostile environment, no room for advancement
Review
Retention Agent (Current Employee) –  Chesterbrook, PAOctober 27, 2015
I don't have much to say about the company but only positive experiences. They make sure to set goals that everyone can achieve and always willing to listen.
Before New HR
Inbound Telesales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chesterbrook, PADecember 3, 2014
Before they changed the HR and the VP it was a great place to work for. There was flextime and you could balance a work and life very easily. Benefits were great. Base pay was low but commissions were uncapped and you could make a great pay if you put in the effort.
1&1 Internet
Outbound B2B Sales (Former Employee) –  Chesterbrook, PAAugust 1, 2014
Assessed customers needs and recommended appropriate products and level of service.

Use of company’s customized contact management systems

High volume outbound telesales of Internet Domains, SEO tools,
CMS, and servers

Exceeded monthly sales quota
Fun working environment
Search Engine Optimization Agent (Former Employee) –  Chesterbrook, PaJuly 18, 2014
Had a great time working there. The company had good blend of young and older people woking there. Also paid well.
Typical day at my job
Design and Development Manager Design Team Leader (Current Employee) –  chesterbrookOctober 3, 2013
First I send out my daily reports. This includes software bugs and numbers from my team. I also check my email then I video conference with my other 2 departments In cebu and Spain that I manage remotely .The afternoons I usually spend just managing my team running around and teaching and helping my agents with there various cases and questions.
I take supervisor calls and I also knock out some UI design for our main website in the early even also on a daily basis to keep my art skills sharp.
Pros
really good managing experience there are many problems and i love solving problems !
Cons
more and more it seems ii have less time for design and mostly i am just teaching
Call Center
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Chesterbrook, PAJuly 15, 2013
My typical day as a sales agent would be discussing packages and solutions for businesses at an inbound sales line. I learned a great deal about system management and what it takes to run an online business. The management staff were mostly relatives of executives and had a very relaxed attitude as long as our numbers were in good standing. I have a 35% conversion rate and low call dropped percentage so I never had a problem. Some co-workers hold degrees in various fields but mostly have a high school education. There was significant downtime on the job which we were free to surf the web or talk among ourselves. There was fresh fruit and coffee everyday in our kitchen. The hardest part was the customer complaints but I have a natural calm so handling those who were upset about service I was able to make things right for them.
Pros
fresh fruit, relax atmosphere, no dress code
Cons
virtually no breaks, office split by smokers and non smokers, aggressive co-workers
Easy-going, relaxed work environment
Technical Support/Site Design (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAOctober 13, 2012
Learned about web design, content, functionality and the ins and outs of hosting.
Cons
compensation
good to get back on your feet, but keep your resume going out
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chesterbrook, PAAugust 16, 2012
Bad management great company! Free coffee to keep you going.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
management /