United Laboratories Employee Reviews in United States

The hardest part of the job
Food Safety Specialist, Auditor II (Former Employee) –  Maryland, Virginia, Ohio, New York CitySeptember 2, 2015
No effective communication. Leadership is not in touch with field auditors. Auditors are often left out on Island with a boat and one oar. The rapid currents surrounding the island represent the demands of the job.

Engaging with clients and providing effective solutions to complex issues filled my passion for my position.
Pros
Opportunity to meet new people
Cons
Effective leadership
Do not waste an interview with this company
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILAugust 10, 2015
Poor outdated management and culture. High pressure sales techniques that perspective customers do not like. Training manual states "now that we have moved into the fax machine world!!!" Upper management leaves 15 minute voicemail messages for the entire sales force. Guess they have never heard of email ! Trainer is a "Jesus Freak" who tries to talk religion on every sales call you make. What is supposed to be a full week of training,,, he shows up on Tuesday and leaves before lunch on Thursday. If you have ever been a professional sales person this is not the place for you !
Pros
Cons
Very poor training. Kow pay.
Fun place to work
Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILAugust 3, 2015
My typical day included shipping and receiving, picking orders, driving a forklift. Also chemical batch making and testing. I was also the union steward.
Hard job, 100% cold calling in and out of numerous clients all day. Training was not good at all.
Account Sales Representative - Chemical Solutions (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 5, 2015
It is not what I expected. Thought the job was different than what I was told. Compensation is terrible. A lot of driving around, not sure you can make a lot of money with this company,
Pros
freedom to work indepently.
Cons
Cold calling all day.
Never consider working here!!!
Sales (Former Employee) –  USA, USOctober 16, 2014
Management is TERRIBLE!! Possible customers have NEVER even heard of this weak company!!
Pros
nothing positive
Cons
terrible management
Good people, great management
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILAugust 31, 2013
I enjoyed working here, the only reason I quit was because the pay was too low for the amount of work
I enjoyed learning about industrial cleaning products
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 8, 2013
I targeted businesses that might benefit from United Laboratories cleaning products. These businesses were Military, Hotels, mechanics, plumbers, electricians, etc. I learned how awesome their products were and that they were way better than products a consumer buys at the local store. The hardest part of the job was making the decision to quit after being offered to work with Energy Resource Group. I had know the owner of ERG for about 7 years and I believed him when he told me how great it was going to be selling energy efficient products. The best part of the job was demonstrating to potential customers the products and watching them be amazed!
Pros
learning about industrial cleaning products.
Cons
getting a requisition approved by the companies home office that was in another state.
Sales Position- is a joke
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 25, 2013
How many heard of a sales position that does not comp you for mileage, drive all over creation and expect prospects to buy in their first initial meeting? That's what United expects. Their sales trainers can not even do it but they expect newly hired reps to make 8-10 sales a week from basically one stop sales calls.

Don't waste your time, gas or energy. There are much better companies with a better management team to help with your success.
Pros
nothing
Cons
old sales techniques, old processes/procedures and really behind the times.
Excellent employer, great benefits
Medical Literature Researcher (Former Employee) –  Metro Manila, PhilippinesFebruary 27, 2012
United Laboratories, Inc is one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in Southeast Asia. It has been named a number of times as one of the Best Employers in the Philippines. It has a culture locally called as "Bayanihan spirit" meaning helping each other in buliding a family and a great community.
Pros
profit-sharing, bonuses, meals at a very minimal cost
Cons
goal-oriented, should meet deadlines