United Medical Center Employee Reviews

Its a good place to work
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Del Rio, TXJanuary 11, 2018
Its a good place to work they trit you good not a hard job some time but thats every were have good medcal heath hailyday off and paid good staff to work with dont have noting to say
Teamwork
Floor Technician/Custodian (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 9, 2018
I enjoyed working with my team during my time here. Its definitely an great experience. The staff are friendly and management are reasonable. I will miss working with them all. Its time for me to move on to something new and more stable.
Phlebotomist/Receptionist Clerk
Phlebotomist/Receptionist Clerk (Current Employee) –  Del Rio, TXJanuary 7, 2018
In the few months I have been working for UMC I have had the opportunity to learn new things and have worked with an outstanding group of medical professionals. I have enjoyed working for UMC and continue to do so.
ok
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 3, 2018
fast pace with patience and slow paced with nurses nurses are to comfortable with the culture of people and care, but don't care hardest part of the job for me was to get nurses to answer their lab calls when they were just standing around talking. If the they were busy i would have gotten someone else to take their call.
Fair
Psychiatric Counselor II (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 29, 2017
I worked on a inpatient psychiatric 25 bed unit. Working with people on drugs, mental illness, substance abuse issue, violent individuals. Typical day at work was stressful. Most enjoyable time at work was working with a competent staff/crew. Hardest part of the job was working on the floor by myself.
Pros
Free meals when working overtime
Cons
No hazardious duty pay
Loyalty
Unarmed Special Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCDecember 22, 2017
Its a good hospital to work at. Doing security there. You going through different events everyday. I can explain more if I'm the one for your job Different things
High- Paced
Community Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 20, 2017
The hardest part of my job, Learning that one of my patient passed. You gain this relationships with your patients. Down to knowing there children birthday's, sport games they play in, there favorite colors, etc...
And then you receive the call from the hospital stating that the patient has passed.
I attend all of my patient funerals.
Grateful for the experience
Office of the Chief Finance Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCDecember 9, 2017
-Day to day working current & past patient accounts for payment i.e. insurance companies, patients. -I enjoy problem solving. -Hardest thing daily is the direction of tasks from management. - What I've learned how to manage multiple requests given daily.
United Medical Center
Medical Billing and Coding Degree Externship (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 5, 2017
My internship at United Medical Center was a great experience. I got to perform the tasks that I was attending College for. I performed the following tasks: Patient Registration, Patient Referrals, Obtained Authorization from Insurance Companies,Coding using Cpt and Icd-10 codes. I enjoyed it being fast paced and knowing it was always work to be done and my Supervisor was very helpful and allowed me to receive as much experience as possible in my field of study. The hardest part was receiving authorization codes in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part was the workers were very welcoming and willing to help if I needed it.
Pros
Independent working, Knowing what needs to be done on a daily basis, 1 hr lunches
Cons
The food
1 Big family
PATIENT REGISTRAR (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 10, 2017
United medical Center is a family.All ans all a great place to work.I enjoyed it there just wasn't enough advancement opportunities for me.I have worked in many department which gave me a lot of experience.
Pros
my work hour 600am to 230
Cons
short breaks, no advancement opportunity
It is a good place for someone looking for an experience
Intake Coordinator/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 2, 2017
I love working with the patient population I saw at united medical center. I had a lot of experience. I love what I did and people I work with. The hospital gave opportunity to utilized my public health nursing .
Pros
Flexible time for break
Cons
In house cafteria
Okay place to work
Computed Tomography Technologist, PRN (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 13, 2017
This hospital could use better management in all departments. Everyone there has pretty much been there for a very long time so it feels like working with family.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
short staffed
Day to Day Interactions
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 12, 2017
Everyday in my department was fun. I had awesome co-workers, a wonderful, honest, supervisor. We really functioned as a team. We had strong communication, celebrated birthdays. We were a family. Even though the hospital was surrounded by controversy, my department was very engaging. Each day came with it's own tasks that needed to be accomplished by COB. I learned some strong time management skills while working there. I also learned that some things are out of your control. Instead of trying to change what you can't, focus on what you can do. To me, the hardest part of the job was communicating with other department managers of the hospital. Everyone was pretty busy handling their responsibilities, they didn't necessarily have time to be back to you in a timely fashion. The most enjoyable part about the job? The satisfaction knowing I helped someone successful. I always take customer service very seriously. Helping someone means you truly care about them. The workplace culture was always strong. We are held accountable for our own actions. We are congratulated when we succeed and are coached when we don't do well. Our management was great as well. The boss/supervisor. The second-in-command and running mate. We followed our chain of command.
Pros
Excellent Co-Workers, Lenient Supervisor, Fun Enviroment
Cons
Limited Opportunities of Advancement.
not a good work environment for me
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 7, 2017
work days were stessful co workers weren't team oriented .
workplace wasnt stable or focused on same things i was.
hardest part of the job was the co workers the job itself was a breeze.
not a good place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 31, 2017
really stressful, poor management, manager was rude and not educated would speak down to all employees, we didn't get breaks and if we did they were not on time, our work was not appreciated, worked more than 8 hrs daily , no benefits.
United medical center
Patient Concierge (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCJuly 25, 2017
The Hospital was good introducing me to healthcare I learned so much for teammates there. and so much about myself I grew as a administrative assistant and brought me skills to DaVita
Not Really A Good Work Environment
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 24, 2017
The Doctor is rude towards his staff member and towards his interns. When working in the office you are not respected by other staff even the Patients are super rude. The Doctor is not always on time. He's office is just unprofessional. Not a good experience at all.
Crazy, chaotic
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 3, 2017
The city hospital is chaotic and fast-paced. I enjoy helping, educating, and encouraging my patients. The hardest part of my day at UMC is to see so many people mot taking care of themselves. I enjoy making a difference.
Pros
Being a ray of light to patients
Cons
low wages
Small Clinic but you learn a lot.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 28, 2017
Schedule is 5 days a week and 8 hours per day. You will be trained in front and back office. Multi Tasking is key. Co workers are all friendly. Ideal for a new out of school medical assistant.
Productive place to work but not at all fair
Medical Records Clerk/ PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Del Rio, TXJune 20, 2017
Answer numerous phone calls, register patients, make appointments, verify information, multitasking, the hardest part of this job is doing 5 things at once while answering 6 lines on the phone while transferring verifying etc. but great experience.
Pros
Great opportunty to work well with nurses and medical terminology
Cons
Doing 5, 000 things at once while others broke the rules