UNITED MEDICAL Employee Reviews in United States

was not crazy about the managment or how the medical supplies was directed to patients
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJuly 26, 2016
never really enjoyed this position. Inventory was never in stock ,always had to order medical supplies for patients that needed it that day
Pros
Cons
alot
Learning Experience
LVN (Current Employee) –  Del Rio, TXJune 14, 2016
Best part of working at this clinic is the relationships built with patients. Knowing that they chose to entrust you with their healthcare needs, is remarkable!
Pros
Networking within the community
Cons
Unorganized
Productive and busy workplace
Medical Secretry (Former Employee) –  Washinton, DCJune 7, 2016
Days kept me busy. Lots of diversity in duties. Worked independently with little supervision. Management and co-workers were polite, friendly and helpful when I needed to discuss issues with them. After working in this position for over thirty years I was settled and really have nothing negative to say. I was content and happy. The hardest part of my job was losing my "Anesthesia family" of doctors and CRNAs (most I worked with for years) to a contract group two years ago and adjusting to a new group of physicians and work styles.
Pros
Working with a great team of co-workers.
Cons
Office not in best location to supervisor
Great place to work!
Oxygen nurse (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCJune 6, 2016
I enjoyed working in the field as an oxygen nurse. Great fun to assist and help geriatric clients at their home.

Rewarding and fun!
Pros
Independent
Cons
Had to leave
Controller (Former Employee) –  1310 Southern Avenue SE Washington, DC 20032May 10, 2016
Good place to work, lots of areas to cover, need to be cost conscious with expenses every month and diligent in monitoring these expenses.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Long commute
Great team
Sr. CSR / sales representative (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCMay 8, 2016
Days were very long and it was hard to keep staff to assist in keeping the workload down. Management was very unorganized and demeaning, but the team of coworkers stuck together making everyday worth the struggle. Hardest part of the job was having to notify patients of the removal of their equipment, due to changes in insurance or lack of organization in management. Most enjoyable part was taking the load off of the patients and getting them what they need.
Great Environment
Sr. Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 6, 2016
Great place to work, great work life balance. Friendly and hard working staff. If you like a fast paced challenging environment this is the place to you should be.
Great marketing manager
Staff Marketing and Advertising Consultant (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLApril 5, 2016
Marketing Director was challenging and lead the United Medical to fine sales results worldwide. I have nothing but good to say about this division of Pfizer.
Pros
Highly intellectual marketing environment
Cons
Bad place to work , deadend..
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GA 30906March 31, 2016
NO appreciation for good employees . Very negative atmosphere to work in. Bless to not be employed there anymore. God Bless
Pros
Had a Job
Cons
Bad management
Lack of career growth
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bear, DEMarch 27, 2016
The organization is growing quicker than it can handle. Staff members are not being trained efficiently and our success with clients is diminishing. There are not enough roles available, however, to guarantee that growth is an option for employees. Raises and bonuses are rare.
Pros
I don't have to take my work home with me at the end of the day.
Cons
Everything else
Great Colleagues
Performance Coordinator Quality Management (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 17, 2016
United Medical Center is a challenging place to work, but there are many committed individuals and professional staff who are committed to providing excellent patient care. Workload is high with movement of patients out of ER with a 90 minute turn around.
Pros
Committed Staff who work for the betterment of the patient experience.
Cons
Financially troubled organization that is rebuilding.
I love the places
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 8, 2016
i love work there good team work we love help out each other I can say I love my job
I do Filling
patient registration , triage ,
Pros
Good Team Work
Cons
nothing
medical company
Account Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bear, DEFebruary 11, 2016
Very good company to work for. Nice environment and good people to work with. CEO is a very good man and has an open for policy
Went down hill after sold
Warehouse Supervisor/Driver (Routing) (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 18, 2016
Being spy on by management all day.Learn .About other people business.All friends and relative was management.Long hours short pay. Helping customer
Pros
ALONG ON THE ROAD
Cons
MANAGEMENT VERY POOR AND ALL KINFOLKS
Basically a work first family second job
United medical (Former Employee) –  Natchez, MSDecember 9, 2015
Last paycheck I had over 100 hours. Expectations are way to high for the little help you have. They love to make you do more than one person's job. Pay was okay but you never had time to spend it. My usual day as a tech began at 8 and ran till around 7. Weekends on call and of course your going to get calls all weekend from patients because your managers are off on weekends and your not. Your on call all week and weekends never them.
Pros
Pay. Holidays. Weekends off
Cons
On call all the time. No home life. Never off at 5. Understaffed and overworked
Productively and Time management
Patient Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wynne, AROctober 26, 2015
I enjoy work as a CPR, involve working closely with insurance company for payment for patient on Medical supplies from the company.
Pros
Calling Insurance Rep. for payment on accounts
Cons
80/20 success rate.
Temp
Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Wynne, ARSeptember 15, 2015
medical insurance billing and coding mailing statements working long hours no advancement temp position once they were caught up the job was over felt like i was used
A great place to work to gain volunteer experience, no matter what area of interest is selected
Volunteered as a General Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 4, 2015
A great place to gain your volunteer experience to get a foot in the door if you can. I learned how the Administrative and OB departments operated on a daily basis. Everyone that I gained experience with were very helpful. There were not any given times during which the assignments received were hard . What I most enjoyed at United Medical Center was interacting with different levels of customers, by determining the cause of their issues, selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the concerns, expedited corrections and adjustments, followed up to ensure resolution, while having the ability to handle stressful situations in order for the customers to leave the hospital with a smile on their face at the end of the day.
United Medical
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Batesville, ARAugust 25, 2015
The company as a whole is great. The Batesville store manager is very unprofessional. The Batesville center is like a family.
No growth with under qualified management
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bear, DEJuly 31, 2015
High turnover rate with no room for advancement. Management consists of young under qualified employees who do try their best but need to be trained before entering positions. Employees are overworked and since most are new there are few opportunities for training. Highly micromanaged.