UNITED MEDICAL

UNITED MEDICAL Employer Reviews

worst JOB EVER/RN clinican
RN nurse clinician (Former Employee), little rock, arkansasJuly 13, 2014
poor on the job training, critical non harmonious staff, talking behind your back, confrontational situations, high nurse turnover, spent most days calling patients' caregivers to check on supplies, medicine.
if you do something wrong they criticize you to the point of crying. when I left I told them I had never been so humiliated, frustrated, anxious, stressed out in my entire life. They asked me what I would suggest for them to do different, I wanted to say. Hire a RN/BSN nurse manager, not a diploma RN and learn how to train your employees, The clinic manager walked around and talked to people all day never saw her work one time.
Learned alot about Cpap and Bipap.
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARJuly 12, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: too many reports and tasks for one respiratory therapists.
Good place to work, but too many priorities. More jobs than one Respiratory Therapists can possibly do.
I learned how to pack and run machinery.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJune 1, 2014
A day consist of getting production out. Management was very nice and genuinely cared about the workers. The easiest shift for me were was the grave shift. First shift was the hardest because you had to deal with everyone's mistakes. They were not team workers.
I think they are closed!
Receptionist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 16, 2014
Pros: working with patients
Cons: everything else
For good reason...poor pay, no benefits, favoritism, and citations for medicaid fraud.
Exceptional Home Healthcare
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee), Morganton, NCFebruary 5, 2014
Great company to work for. The staff is knowledgeable and always goes above and beyond to take care of its clients. Great Healthcare and benefits package. Competitive salaries.
Fun work enviorment
Medical Assistant (Externship) (Former Employee), Bayonne, NJJanuary 18, 2014
Patient doctor inter action is wonderful. I learned how to do EKG/PFT, DXA, Paps and UA
enjoyed working here
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Seymour, TNNovember 26, 2013
enjoyed working here, fun place to work, very flexible company to work for...I wish there was another opening, I would go back!!!
A good learning place.
Medical Payment Poster (Current Employee), Newark, DESeptember 28, 2013
Print out lockbox, post reconciliation clients first then others client, receive faxes and eobs and distribute them, help other co-workers.

Managers are nice.

Co-workers are fun.

No hardest part of the job.

Keep patients' account updated.
Fun place to work.
Wharehouse manager (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJune 20, 2013
Pros: good place to work.
Cons: some times long hours.
We all thought as we were all famley, it was great place to learn how people live with there illness. And i love helpping people live longer or help them become will.
great people towork with
Manager (Former Employee), Asheville, NCMay 29, 2013
Pros: great benfits
Cons: never a set schedule
Always on the go.
You all the time are meeting new customers.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 13, 2013
Pros: free lunches, overtime
Cons: no job security, medical benefits
Although I enjoyed the job overall, it was poorly managed and no job security. Nevertheless the office closed due to bankruptcy. It was a high volume clinic which I loved that type of environment. We also were provided lunch from the drug reps every day and the staff was a nice group of employees to work with. There was a very high volume of patients daily which made the day go faster. Patients were pediatrics to older adults. We performed basic medical care to gynecology and physical therapy.
Small family company that was enjoyable at times and not at others
VP/Director of Development (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: interesting work and culture
Cons: small company, lots of politics
This was a small family-owned hospital management company that operated in the US and Puerto Rico, My duties consisted of managing medical equipment and home health entities for the company. Good staff, and the work wsa challenging, particularly in Puerto Rico. I managed day to day operations and often spent extended periods on the island. I learned a little Spanish and also streamlined operations there to reduce costs.
I only enjoy my job functions!
Cash Posting Clerk (Current Employee), Wynne, ARNovember 1, 2012
Pros: 10 days of vacation time
Cons: insurance & wages
At United Medical there are no opportunities for advancement. The pay is not enough for the work performed and the insurance is extremely too high.

United Medical lacks training and skill is diversity, supervisory, and management.

The company was currently sold to another company and we are not informed on any of the changes that will be coming in the new year.

The one thing I like about United Medical is that I like my job, I love what I do.
great work enviorment.
Pharmacy Technician III (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 19, 2012
Pros: benefits (sick leave, insurance, paid time off)
Cons: lay offs
This hospital is a great place to work. The Docotrs and the staff make it a fun place to work.
Extreme pressure/stress
Customer Service Represenative (Former Employee), Little Rock, AROctober 8, 2012
Cons: poor management, lack of down-time, extremely stressful, and dealing with a lot of unsatisfied customers.
A typical day would include a meeting at 8:00 AM, constant phone answering, dispatching drivers, calling insurance companies and data entry. Management was poor and very critical on performance. There was hardly time to eat lunch on most days.

This would be the worst job I have ever had.
Coordinator (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 30, 2012
Pros: flexiable
Cons: too many layoffs
This is definitely a great place to work. I would certainly recommend UMC to anyone looking for flexibility but not longevity. The most enjoyable part of my job was bringing Medical Education to the community which enabled Physicians to practice new and improved medicines or discoveries. My co-workers and management were great folks.
poor place to work
Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 21, 2012
poor management, always threaten that hospital will close
learning environment
Emergency Room Tech (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 6, 2012
will learn how to progress your skills and dealing with the problem
Productive work environment
Claims Rep. (Former Employee), Wynne, ARApril 20, 2012
Great workers and excellent management group! Carefree but made every deadline.
Fun place to work at times.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Paris, TNMarch 28, 2012
Cons: needed an additional csr.
This was the job that I had planned to stay with until I retired. I enjoyed the people I worked with. I was in the office by my self most days. The company opened another center in a nearby city and I was the CSR for that center as well. I begged for help because I became overwelmed with deadlines for both centers. They refused to hire someone to help me therefore, unfortunatly I had to resign. The kicker was that within six months of my resignation, another CSR was hired to help the CSR that replaced me.