UNITED MEDICAL Employee Reviews

Highly competitive
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJuly 11, 2017
I replaced a salesperson who went to work for the competitor. They took all of their referrals with her after 10+ years. They gave me her goals. This was unattainable. I was able to get many referrals back and several new sources as well. After not achieving the set goals, I was placed on "warning".
Pros
Very good pay and benefits
Cons
Unachievable goals.
Productivity and certification
PLUMBER (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 19, 2017
Job has employee with lack of knowledge in the maintenance department. Employees with no licenses in the plumbing trade that's installing plumbing in this hospital that putting a lot of patient lives at risk. Also Assistant Director with lack of knowledge in the boiler plant that's touching steam that could put this hospital in danger.
fun and family friendly
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 7, 2017
Would have loved to have stayed there if their was a better union
All an all nice place to work, not to much room for growth. Basic rules often change when management does.
Unprofessional
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNNovember 2, 2016
It is unfortunate that the training is not as professional as it should be. I was told that what ever the training person told me to let it go in one ear and out the other. This is not professional. Also, once you have worked for Lincare and left or released, you can never work for Lincare again.
fun workplace
Facility Architect (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCSeptember 12, 2016
Due to severe financial challenges I as facility architect was hamstrung so few projects got built. In addition there was no communication with upper management
Pros
facilities had great bunch of people
Cons
disconnect with upper management
was not crazy about the managment or how the medical supplies was directed to patients
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJuly 26, 2016
never really enjoyed this position. Inventory was never in stock ,always had to order medical supplies for patients that needed it that day
Pros
Cons
alot
Learning Experience
LVN (Current Employee) –  Del Rio, TXJune 14, 2016
Best part of working at this clinic is the relationships built with patients. Knowing that they chose to entrust you with their healthcare needs, is remarkable!
Pros
Networking within the community
Cons
Unorganized
Overall Views Of The Hospital
Volunteer Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 10, 2016
My views of the hospital is that they are in works of striving to become the superior customer service oriented when it comes to their patients. I believe they have the power in making strides in changing the concepts of all their service's. I once was a volunteer their seeing the improvements as they are dedicated with persistence as well.
Pros
The Hospital Staffing & CEO
Cons
Customer Service & Waiting Periods
Productive and busy workplace
Medical Secretry (Former Employee) –  Washinton, DCJune 7, 2016
Days kept me busy. Lots of diversity in duties. Worked independently with little supervision. Management and co-workers were polite, friendly and helpful when I needed to discuss issues with them. After working in this position for over thirty years I was settled and really have nothing negative to say. I was content and happy. The hardest part of my job was losing my "Anesthesia family" of doctors and CRNAs (most I worked with for years) to a contract group two years ago and adjusting to a new group of physicians and work styles.
Pros
Working with a great team of co-workers.
Cons
Office not in best location to supervisor
Great place to work!
Oxygen nurse (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCJune 6, 2016
I enjoyed working in the field as an oxygen nurse. Great fun to assist and help geriatric clients at their home.

Rewarding and fun!
Pros
Independent
Cons
Had to leave
Controller (Former Employee) –  1310 Southern Avenue SE Washington, DC 20032May 10, 2016
Good place to work, lots of areas to cover, need to be cost conscious with expenses every month and diligent in monitoring these expenses.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Long commute
Great team
Sr. CSR / sales representative (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCMay 8, 2016
Days were very long and it was hard to keep staff to assist in keeping the workload down. Management was very unorganized and demeaning, but the team of coworkers stuck together making everyday worth the struggle. Hardest part of the job was having to notify patients of the removal of their equipment, due to changes in insurance or lack of organization in management. Most enjoyable part was taking the load off of the patients and getting them what they need.
Great Environment
Sr. Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 6, 2016
Great place to work, great work life balance. Friendly and hard working staff. If you like a fast paced challenging environment this is the place to you should be.
Great marketing manager
Staff Marketing and Advertising Consultant (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLApril 5, 2016
Marketing Director was challenging and lead the United Medical to fine sales results worldwide. I have nothing but good to say about this division of Pfizer.
Pros
Highly intellectual marketing environment
Cons
Bad place to work , deadend..
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GA 30906March 31, 2016
NO appreciation for good employees . Very negative atmosphere to work in. Bless to not be employed there anymore. God Bless
Pros
Had a Job
Cons
Bad management
Lack of career growth
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bear, DEMarch 27, 2016
The organization is growing quicker than it can handle. Staff members are not being trained efficiently and our success with clients is diminishing. There are not enough roles available, however, to guarantee that growth is an option for employees. Raises and bonuses are rare.
Pros
I don't have to take my work home with me at the end of the day.
Cons
Everything else
Great Colleagues
Performance Coordinator Quality Management (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 17, 2016
United Medical Center is a challenging place to work, but there are many committed individuals and professional staff who are committed to providing excellent patient care. Workload is high with movement of patients out of ER with a 90 minute turn around.
Pros
Committed Staff who work for the betterment of the patient experience.
Cons
Financially troubled organization that is rebuilding.
I love the places
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 8, 2016
i love work there good team work we love help out each other I can say I love my job
I do Filling
patient registration , triage ,
Pros
Good Team Work
Cons
nothing
medical company
Account Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bear, DEFebruary 11, 2016
Very good company to work for. Nice environment and good people to work with. CEO is a very good man and has an open for policy
Went down hill after sold
Warehouse Supervisor/Driver (Routing) (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 18, 2016
Being spy on by management all day.Learn .About other people business.All friends and relative was management.Long hours short pay. Helping customer
Pros
Along on the road
Cons
Management very poor and all kinfolks