United Methodist Children's Home Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoying watching the responses of the teens when exposed to something new
Mentor as well as role model for disturbed youth (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLDecember 30, 2015
I worked the midnight shift which consisted from 10 pm until 6 am. proved very trying because when I got off work I had to drive to school almost 1hr and half away. enjoyed the job think I took on too much at the same time
Pros
excellent pay and benefits
Cons
had to work on holidays and weekends
Productive work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Selma, ALAugust 27, 2015
Very productive work place. I learn how to be a good supervisor. I still keep in touch with my coworkers. The job was not hard, the most enjoyable part of the job was working with the children and seeing them graduate from high school

Pros
WE WORKED AS A TEAM.
Cons
NONE
Educate young mother's on how to raise there kids
Youth Care Worker/Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham,AlJanuary 3, 2012
This is a good company, they help young teen mothers have a chance to better themselves and be able to provide for there kids.
Pros
good health benefits
Cons
it's hard to advance to a higher position
Excellent program for at risk youth
Alternate Teaching Parent (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 19, 2014
I enjoyed my job although it was highly stressful. My colleagues were commited to working with at risk youth.
Pros
great work
Cons
poor compensation
Loving company that really knows how to take care of their emloyees.
FIC Counselor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 7, 2013
Greet third shift staff get a report of the nightly events, wake up residents prepare breakfast. Assist residents in dropping of their children to school as well as the residents getting to school. Document as state requires and as the company requires about incidents and accidents that may accure.
Supervisors are very helpful and easy to understand.
Co-workers communicate very well and work hard together to reach each and every goal that have been set forth by the social worker and case managers.
The most difficult thing about this job would be letting go of the residents when its time for them to move on.
The most enjoyable thing about this job would be knowing that the young ladys are leaving in a better situation then when they arrived at our facility.
Pros
paid medical insurance
Cons
not always having a chance to take a lunch break
Positive Working and Growing Experience
Office Manager//Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Andalusia, ALMarch 2, 2013
I feel very fortunate to have worked with such an outstanding company that put families and children first. This company allowed me to grow in many areas of office management as well as self development. All supervisors were encourageing. The hardest part of this job was the stress of learning the many situations that children and adults were subjected to in their lives. The most enjoyable was seeing positive outcomes in lives due to the support our team provided.
Pros
flexable working hours
This was one of the most self rewarding position I have experienced. I was able to plant positive seeds into their lives.
Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHJune 5, 2012
Children are our future and it is up to all of us to give them a fair chance in this world. Foster parents are needed more than a lot of us truly understand. We are not replacing their parent's ,just showing each child there is a better way to live, or should I say a different way. Foster parents understand the children coming into our homes have issues and until they are addresses they will continue to come up. Children want security, and consistency in there lives, the love will come when you least expect it.
Pros
doing the next right thing for all the right reasons
Cons
it's the only job that you will ever have to prove you are innocent of an allegation.
terrible place to work for
was an employee (Former Employee) –  mt.vernonMay 2, 2014
I worked for Bright Start as it transitioned from HappTime to Bright Start.After the transition they got rid of almost all of Happy Time staff and told them they just weren't a good fit lol. But they were good enough to train their own staff that had absolutely no idea how to run such a large daycare and from what I have seen and heard still don't. There are absolutely no pros to working for them unless u are Methodist. There is still Happy Time employees working there that are way more educated then the ones they are hiring and still are making less then the new employees.
Cons
all of the above
noce place to work
General Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 2, 2014
As a former resident of United Methodist Children's Home, one of their core beliefs is that the youth their needed structure and job training. one of their things included assisting the youth have work experience. The would see if you were a good candidate to work on their work program and which department would be best for you. A typical workday normally occurred on Mondays and Wednesday unless otherwise specified from 330-445 pm or unless they also changed the work hours
Pros
pretty cool place to work
Cons
no healthcare a worker who stayed there
Greatly enjoyed my job, however the management was changing and the job was no longer the same.It was also unsafe.Many/most residents had weapon/drugs
Education Advocate (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GANovember 24, 2013
My time spent mentoring and helping the residents with their school work or with resumes and job searches was highly enjoyable. I would begin by teaching GED, from then on every day was different.
I enjoyed the fact the there were several offices throughout the state providing care to foster children.
Therapeutic Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 3, 2013
I was interested in the United Methodist Children's Home because it is a faith-based organization that provides care to children in foster care.
Pros
the changes i was able to make in the lives of the 8 foster children i served.
Cons
n/a
Provides services to young adults between the ages of 17-21, while teaching life skills and essential education goals
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILSeptember 18, 2012
Teach eduational and life skills to young adults to provide them with the tools they will need to succeed.
A great place to work, professional yet personal atmosphere.
Construction Trainer / Career Coach (Former Employee) –  Mt. Vernon ILJune 12, 2013
I enjoyed working at UMCH, it was like a large family of co-workers who got along well and supported one another.
Important Work
Alternate Teaching Parent (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARAugust 30, 2012
Helping kids with behavioral issues to overcome their problems was a very rewarding job.