United Methodist Church Employee Reviews

Fun place to work if you love kids.
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Gales Ferry, CTMay 4, 2017
Good job, nice coworkers, would love to work another summer there. Played with children, cleaned the classrooms and bathrooms. Director of the daycare very nice and would recommend working there to a friend.
Great Environment to work in
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHMay 4, 2017
Most days were pretty slow. The people were great but the compensation was low. It was very close to my home and it allowed me to be at home while my son was young.
Pros
People and environment
Cons
Low pay and no benefits
productive work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAApril 28, 2017
everyone was nice and friendly. loved working for the church came in got my work done no one bother me i worked alone. got to leave work early a few times when finished my work early
Pros
got to leave early
Cons
low pay got laid off
Good place to work.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Washington, IAApril 28, 2017
Started in restrooms, then vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, wipe down windows and shades, raked leaves, and pick up sticks, took out trash and wipe down tables.
great place with great people
Pastor (Current Employee) –  Custer, KYApril 19, 2017
The Methodist church is a wonderful place to work. My boss is supportive and it is fun seeing people grow in their faith. They have supplied me with a Parsonage (house) and I do not have to worry about a thing with regard to the Parsonage. They take care of everything.
It was a fun place to work and that is where I found my calling.
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 19, 2017
When I started at Untied Methodist I had really never worked as a teacher. My boss was very supportive and I learn so much , there is alot of knowledge at that school and I soaked it up. I would have stayed there for a long time (most of the teacher's were there 10-20 yrs) but we wanted to start a family and came to Tally. Its a wonderful school and very much faith based.
Pros
Wonderful teachers, hot lunch, chapel, waterday.
Cons
Very long day pay not so good.
Productive place to work, very comfortable
Volunteer Receptionist (Former Employee) –  North Miami, FLApril 18, 2017
I I've Cleaned And Done Plenty Paper work, Scheduled After school Programs And Has Set Up Field trips For The Team Committee, including kids, adults,& parents.the hardest part of the job is to make sure everything is schedule as planned,I've learn how to be more productive and multitask also learn how to have patience, most enjoyable part of the job is to know that you've got the work done making sure everything is in place, the workplace culture has many different cultures, mostly the Haitian culture but not all it has more then one culture.
A fulfilling experience
I served as Senior Pastor for a local church (Former Employee) –  Erie, KSApril 18, 2017
I enjoyed working with people and interacting with their families during times of joy or grief. It was a fulfilling experience being a part of their spiritual lives by sharing sermons and teaching in small groups. I also had the opportunity to work with the youth, interacting with our sponsors on a variety of projects, recreation and study groups.
Pros
Interaction with over 80 families
Cons
sometimes it was very stressful and time-consuming
It is great to be part of this minsitry as it gives an opportuinity to serve otehrs and bring them closer to one another
Pastor (Current Employee) –  New York StateApril 5, 2017
Serving at Brooks Memorial United Methodist Church is a great blessing for me as its gives me an chance to connect to a,lot of people of the same faith
Pros
good enviornment and location
Cons
transportation can be a problem
Great to work with them.
Pastor (Former Employee) –  Centerville, IowaMarch 7, 2017
I enjoyed working as a Pastor. The hours were long however I really enjoyed it.

I was called of God to be a Pastor!

I enjoy helping people and assisting them in their spiritual walk with God!
Pros
Preaching, Bible Studies, visiting with them in their homes
Love to Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 26, 2017
Started volunterring at a young age because of my grandparents. Met some of the most amazing people. Loved being able to make people feel good, I will always volunteer at home.
Quiet enviorment
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Dayton, IAFebruary 21, 2017
This position was a part time position. Very quiet position. Low traffic with people. Very flexible schedule. Very nice people to work with.
As a Methodist minister I enjoy leading and directing congregations, laughing and playing in representing the church to the best of my ability
Clergy (Current Employee) –  United Methodist ChurchFebruary 17, 2017
Retiring United Methodist Church minister with reasonable computer skills and it good Communication skills. I enjoy working and traveling and meeting new people. I find most people very interesting and everyone has a story and in most cases desire to share that story. When one is willing to listen we are able to create bridges of friendships and opportunities.
extremely political wherein tenure means nothing
Senior Pastor (Current Employee) –  MississippiFebruary 15, 2017
16 hour workday
lots of educational requirements
top heavy management with no open promotional opportunities
extremely ethnocentric
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 2, 2017
Great place to work. I enjoyed working for the company. Nice employees and great learning experience. Have been working for this company for 7 years and I enjoyed it.
Ordained Minister (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 28, 2016
Challenging and rewarding calling lived out to, with, by, and for people of great passion for loving people and the world. The UMC is highly organized and efficiently run through an episcopal system and general superintendency. The denomination is global in scope and works with people from all walks of life regardless of personal circumstance or decision.
great
Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saraland, ALDecember 23, 2016
• Responsible for performing a variety of work in general maintenance and repair of building facilities and equipment.
• Resolves minor and major mechanical repairs or aesthetic issues. Performs minor carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, flush valves, plunge toilets, paint and/or wallpaper, and carpet repairs. Occasional tile work and water disaster cleanup may be required.
• Performs general building preventative maintenance on HVAC, electrical, lighting, plumbing, doors, locks and hardware. Maintains environmental conditions.
• Checks lights and changes light bulbs/ballasts as need. Walks all vacant suites to insure they are clean and market ready.
• Ensures quick response per company policy if on-call duties are required and responds appropriately to the building automation and security, fire, life and safety systems.
Energy filled workplace with great kids
Babysitter/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAOctober 11, 2016
Fun place to volunteer at to work and help so many energetic kids. The vibe the workers was always positive and the kids were extremely easy to work with because they were all just so ready and willing to learn and enjoy the activities that kept them active.
Relaxed environment with friendly workers and clientele
Recreation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vestavia Hills, ALOctober 9, 2016
It is fun to help the kids who play in the gym. Everyone is fun loving and is always willing to lend a hand. My bosses even do what they ask me to do along side me instead of just giving orders.
Lack of General Business Knowledge No balanced structure to follow
Finance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYSeptember 7, 2016
This was a newly created assignment that turned into a global experience in a good / interesting way.
The organization needed structure however the board did not want to receive the necessary instructions to create a compliant environment to manage the business matters. I learned that this organization like others needed reorganizing and a new leader who they respected. The best part of this experience was working on the service projects with the special needs students they were amazing. I miss they all.
Pros
Fun with my Supervisor and the Students, Learned a new skill grant writing
Cons
Dealing with individuals who do not have Business Financial Acumen

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Methodist Church. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3