United Methodist Church Employee Reviews in United States

very productive and welcoming place.
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCJune 20, 2016
A very well kept place and amazing welcoming people. great hospitality.excellent service. the food was delicious and well preprepared. handled with great care.
Pros
Food was provided for you to take home, after the completion of work. staff was nice and welcoming.
Cons
would love it if you could work in the summer time also.
Very Fun
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXJune 9, 2016
At the pumpkin patch, it was even really fun for me working there because other volunteers made sure that everything was going smoothly and everyone was enjoying their time there.
Job is exciting with the opportunity to meet needs of people around you.
Pastor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 1, 2016
A typical day could include any number of things. A phone call can change the plans one has. One might be needed at a hospital, visiting shut-ins, and counseling people are a regular part of the job. Each week involves sermon prep and planning worship services. Meetings with other ministers in area network, or with the district often occur. Conferences and reports are also a vital part of the job, as well as outreach programs and ordering the life of the church. I have learned the value of other persons, a lot of patience, and community. The hardest part of the job is balancing home life with work life. I truly love to work with people.
Pros
meeting people and being challenged to grow
Cons
hard to balance time with family.
Fun Workplace
Nursery Leader (Former Employee) –  Seymour, WIMay 31, 2016
Great people to work with, Kids were great!Good hours as well, parents were very nice, never had a problem with anyone. Fun place to work, being able to play with children all morning was great.
handled claims for casualty ins copany...worked under 3 supervisors
United Methodist Pastor (Former Employee) –  Six, WVApril 24, 2016
handled casualty claims for a major Indiana insurance company...worked under 3 different supervisors depending on type of claim being handled...casualty, bodily injury, physical auto damage...usually had far too many claims to be handled given the time available ...claims VP was a complete jerk..and the company didn't really appreciate the employees they had...poorly compensated for the responsabilities being handled on a daily basis given the fact that we were the direct personal contact between the company and the customer....and handled a LOT of financial reserves on a monthly/yearly basis...but I loved working with the customers and enjoyed the other adjusters working with me on a daily basis....hardest part of the job was sometimes making decisions I didn't like about coverages in certain claims situations...i.e. was the accident covered under the policy...most policy owners had no idea what their policy covered...and I had to be the one to educate them.
Excellent opportunities for service and personal growth
FULL TIME MINISTER (Former Employee) –  IowaApril 6, 2016
The United Methodist Church in Iowa has been a blessing to me. The weekly tasks of preaching, teaching, visiting the sick, meetings, weddings, and funerals, have provided me with opportunities to serve several communities, large and small, while also allowing me to grow spiritually and faithfully. I have also discovered new interests, especially my 20 years of volunteer work in our church camping program, which has also generated more volunteers for this program from the men and women who have worked with me. I have also been active in efforts to relieve the causes and effects of hunger throughout the world, and will continue to do so through my retirement. For all this, I can thank the Iowa UMC for the opportunities to serve and discover who I am as a pastor and a believer.
Pros
Job security, excellent benefits, accessibility to management
Cons
Dealing with conflict among employees, expectations occasionally unexplained and unreasonable;
Super great place to work
Parish Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Virginia, MNNovember 6, 2015
Answer phones, working on bulletins, newsletters, powerpoint, funeral, wedding and baptism information, website updates, facebook updates.
This is one of the very best jobs I have had. Its a great atmosphere and everyone is great to work with.
Cons
Not full time, no benefits
Great Organization
Senior Pastor (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 12, 2015
Great Organization!

Great Work environment and group team work.
Best support and compensation!

Testing one two three...
Pros
free lunches
Mellow place to work
Head Cook (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 24, 2015
Typical church . Planned, produced menus for buffets. Held on to a great rapport with customers. People were always asking to help me
Would walk around and talk to the people while they were eating. Always great comments about the food.
Pros
People helping with all of the end of dinner, breaking down buffet, dishes, and wrapping left over foods.
Cons
Kitchen could use updating. Stove not always regulated.
would have enjoyed being there longer
Daycare Worker (Former Employee) –  Inverness, FLSeptember 18, 2015
enjoyed the children.Children are like sponges they learn what they see so to see these furture adults learn of grace and goodness was a Blessing
Pros
seeing the kids learn
Cons
come down to money/closure
Dont force those
Maid (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCSeptember 7, 2015
Clean up bathroom , everythings
Take all of trash can and change new trash bag
Kitchen clean everythingss
Vaccum all of those room
More to get toilet and napkin in each bathroom
Retired Pastor and Art Educator, always ready to help get the job done!
Retied Pastor (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, FLAugust 25, 2015
It has been my goal to bring in an average of one new family each month as a pastor serving a church. I will encourage all around me that we must grow to better meet the needs of our mission. Each of us should know and be focused on our personal mission and the mission of our employer!
Pros
We are all members of a team and we work together.
Cons
I find pointless and boring meetings the downfall of our world.
Wonderful church and congregation
Director of Music Ministries (Current Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAAugust 7, 2015
I love working here and the Adult Choir and music team are the very best! The music staff is first rate and the music library is wonderful.
The Pastor and his staff are very supportive and make it so easy to work together as a music ministry team.
Pros
Wonderful environment
Cons
Some distance from my home
Fun experience. Worked with different varieties of people.
Fund raiser organizer (Current Employee) –  National City, CAJuly 30, 2015
Working with the church is a good way to show the younger youth how fun it is and the experience. It's not a paying job but it gives back to people and learning more about my own religion.
Bethpage United Methodist Church
Director of Music and Organist (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJune 29, 2015
12 years in Bethpage United Methodist Church and it was an amazing experience.

There were no coworkers.

The most enjoyable part - playing organ, piano
Best Job On Earth
Chapalin (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 23, 2015
Finally pursuing my calling, while utilizing my professional, personal and life-experiences every step of the way, while "sharpening my saw" (Covey) through my genuine passion for kayaking, cycling, hiking and being in nature :).
Fun and energetic!
Childcare Supervious (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAMay 19, 2015
I loved working with the different age levels of the children. Working there was always enjoyable. The parents were great and supportive! I would supervise children during childcare/church hours on Sundays. I would plan appropriate and engaging activities that were appropriate for the age level of the children.
was fun and fast paced
Runner (Former Employee) –  The Connecion youth groupApril 2, 2015
Working there was fun, I went everyday for 30 minutes during lunch and was able to get free food from working there. The person who ran the snack shop was nice and flexible. It was great because I was able to work with my friends who I works best with
Pros
was given free lunch for helping out
Great experience
Senior Pastor (Former Employee) –  Ducktown, TNMarch 10, 2015
Prepare sermons, how to use the Methodist Discipline, great people to work with and enjoyed all aspects of this assignment
Pros
great program
Cons
making sure that all aspects of the program was attended
Amazing people
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILMarch 9, 2015
I would show up, we'd prepare lunches for the children in town, and then they'd be delivered to them by some of the most friendly people I've ever met.
Pros
sweet people

4.3