United Methodist Homes Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
CNA/Med Aide (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 8, 2017
it pretty busy at times, I always learn something new dealing with my residents day to day. Management can communicate a little better but over all its a good place to work at.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Health care
Summary
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Collingswood, NJJune 7, 2017
United Methodist is a small community with great structural system to care for the residents. The people that work the have been there for years so the residents are well kept.
fun workplace
Activity volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tunkhannock, PAApril 7, 2017
I enjoyed working with this company. It was alot of fun to spend time and make friends with the older people. They were all so much fun to be around. Just volunteering there was lots of fun, I could only imagine how fun working there everyday would be!
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Opportunity for Growth
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 2, 2017
The opportunities for growth are definitely there! The benefits are great. I always enjoy conversing with the residents. Very warm friendly work atmosphere. They are always renovating and thinking of new ways to make the facility feel like the residents "actual home".
Pros
Rate of pay, work/family balance, quality of care for residents
Cons
Micro managed
The residents are wonderful and so is the staff
CMA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Newton, NJMarch 8, 2017
I love working here, always learning something new. I work in the Alzheimers unit, and in Assisted living. The staff is a lot of fun.
Our DON is terrific. The facility is beautiful.
A Wonderful work place
CNA (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 7, 2017
A wonderful place to work, the employees are treated very well and the residents receive the best care in the world. I learned that we are all to be treated equal no matter where we come from, no matter our aliments, no matter our disability. Management was excellent, the workplace was clean, beautiful. The hardest part of job is heavy lifting, loss of life, and demand. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interactions with the staff and residents.
Pros
Interactions with residents and giving the best care you can give
Cons
heavy lifting and demands
Team Working Environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CtJanuary 31, 2017
I worked the 11 to 7 and 7 to 3 shift. Assisting residents with their needs was rewarding. Pleasant place to work. Working with many different people was challenging.
Well paying part time job with paid time off
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYJanuary 25, 2017
It is easy to take pride in the work you are doing to provide necessary care for people in need. Kitchen work is fast paced and exhausting at times, but very rewarding overall. My only complaint is that my coworkers, mostly high schoolers, were often rowdy, rude, and insubordinate. Kitchen management seemed to have a hard time exercising authority with them, resulting in food fights, wasted time, harassment, and an unprofessional work environment.
Pros
Free leftovers during your break, meaningful work, paid time off
Cons
Insubordinate coworkers, unprofessional environment
Dietary
Aide (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PAJanuary 3, 2017
Worked in a patient oriented environment where people need to be put first. Quality customer service is key to a successful organization.
nice place to work
LPN charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYMarch 10, 2016
I believe they really care about their residents and employees. The facility is clean and cheerful. Well staffed with excellent staff retention.
cerified nurses assistant
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYJanuary 26, 2016
Certified nurse assistants have a very hard job. Its physically hard (lifting) as well as emotionally hard (people passing away)
However this job has helped me learn how to be patient as well as help others as much as possible. The employees are your rock. they make sure you have the help you need to carry out all the job duties in a normal day.
Pros
meet alot of wonderful people
Cons
watching them expire
Fun and Productive place to work as a first job
Dietary Aide/ Porter (Current Employee) –  580 Long Hill Ave, Shelton, CT 06484August 9, 2015
Great work atmosphere, great people, fast paced work environment, helpful and understanding staff, great management,
Bristol Glen is ranked at the top of Continuing Care Retirement Communities for quality of care to the resident's they serve.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Newton, NJAugust 3, 2015
The resident's of Bristol Glen make this a very rewarding place to work. Bristol Glen is ranked #1 in the Sussex County area for continuing care communities. I thoroughly enjoyed my work in helping seniors make the best possible transition from life in their former houses to living the lifestyle at this retirement community.
Working with older
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYApril 8, 2015
Attend to the patients at all times clean them feed them make sure they have al they need bath and can there rooms wash there clothes
Resident focused, supportive team
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTDecember 10, 2014
Supportive management team. Positive forward thinking company.
great place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PAOctober 29, 2014
hard working, some of the outside staff (agencies) are rude, hardest part was consistently repeating yourself to patients, enjoyable part helping the patients.
fun work place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  shelton, ctJune 9, 2014
Enjoyed my time employed at United Methodist Homes. Left because of lack of personal growth and employment within.
a good home for eldrly
Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYDecember 7, 2013
I loved working there. It is hard rewarding work. You become family and friends to the residents. What you get back form them is worth more than any dollar amount.
Pros
The residents
Cons
death
Job wasn't very satisfying because of management
Maintenance Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PAOctober 11, 2013
A typical day of work consists of dealing with residents both independent as well as non dependent. Management almost always 99% of the time sides with residents when they complain for no reason. The employee is always at fault. Most of the co-workers are ignorant and arrogant. Backstabbers. The hardest part of the job is trying to please the management as well as the residents while the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and talking with them.
Pros
provided a pay check
Cons
healthcare
Productive job where everyone is part of the same team
Restorative Aide / Certified Nurses Aide (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTAugust 27, 2013
Everyone is working for the same goal. If your not a team player it only makes harder on all. This is a great place to work..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Methodist Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

United Methodist Homes Reviews by Location