United Nations Foundation Employee Reviews in United States

Unique and interesting workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2015
There is no such thing as a typical day at work. Every day was a new challenge and a new set of opportunities. However, having the opportunity to work on creating the innovation program from the ground up, allowed me experience what life is like on so many different teams and what their respective roles are (ranging from partnership to strategy).

On the one hand, this organization is undergoing much restructuring and the senior management seems a bit disconnected from the junior staff. On the other hand, as people, the management are genuine people who make an effort to get to know you and sharpen your skills.

My co-workers were absolutely wonderful. I was always impressed with what they brought to the table. There was somewhat of a feeling at times, though, that we get paid to work together, not to be friends.

The hardest part of my job was managing conflicting and strong personalities. Because I was worked externally and internally, it was often difficult to translate between the two as well as meet expectations. This is where I think I made the most progress and learned the most.

All in all, a great place to work. I would definitely recommend this as a positive experience in my life and one that is fulfilling on both professional and personal levels.
Pros
great learning opportunities, exposure to senior level external people, good benefits package
Cons
limited opportunity for growth, senior management disconnect, financial instability as an org
Interesting...
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2014
Colleagues are generally supportive and friendly. Streamlined HR and operational processes.Fast paced organization, with little room for advancement- often dependent on Management's favorites. Very little opportunity for professional development. Your experience will depend on your department, and role.
Young and smart workforce
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 10, 2012
The United Nations Foundation is a great place to work for young professionals. People are smart and hard-working and as I always tell new hires that this job can be as big as you want or as small as you want. Everyone has the flexibility to expand their professional horizons by taking on more responsibilities that can add to their experience.
Pros
great benefits
Good place to start your career
Information Technology Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 21, 2013
non profit with lots of young professionals. Depending on the department creativity and innovation is encouraged.
Pros
benefits, metro pass reimbursement
Friendly & Professional Enviroment
Membership Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 26, 2013
This organization truly values its employees and guests, making them feel welcome and truly part of a team dynamic. Management is nurturing, which helps bring out the best in their employees. The team dynamic allows us to coordinate projects easily.
Great mission, culture, opportunity
Employee (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 24, 2014
a great institution, top notch. less political and management enhancement needed to sustain
Work Culture
Women & Population Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 14, 2012
A positive environment with good management, not enough technical skills that are used in the programs. Innovative but not substantive.
Motivated and hard-working environment
Every Woman, Every Child (EWEC) Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2013
Worked to support an event hosted by the Secretary General of the United Nations. Attended event planning meetings as well as informational meetings.
friendly work environment
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 28, 2013
good place if you want to work in NGOs
people here are very friendly
you can get involved with UN activities sometimes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Nations Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.

United Nations Foundation Reviews by Location