United Nations Foundation Employee Reviews

Productive, engaging, and collaborative workplace
Grassroots Engagement Intern, Shot@Life (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 16, 2017
Good work-life balance, collaborative and uplifting work environment, and great employees that are genuinely passionate about their work. As an intern, my colleagues made sure to treat me as an equal and cared about seeing my succeed.
Good work culture
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington ,D.CJune 7, 2017
UNF is a great place to work at. You get to be part of a wonderful team that works hard towards a better tomorrow. Its all about betterment of human condition worldwide.
United Nations Foundation
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 10, 2017
United Nations Foundation partners with the United Nations on goals that benefit many countries. We have many campaigns that is rewarding. I feel that although I am not a team member for an individual campaign I still contribute by processing payments for the work to be done.
Pros
I work with a team of team players.
Very Mission Driven
Head of Executive Office (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 9, 2017
The UN Foundation is a great place to work. Young staff are given lots of responsibility to grow and run with their ideas. Senior Management have an open door policy.
hard working, motivated coworkers
Director (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 28, 2016
Everyone at UNF is passionate about the work that they do, which means that it is motivating to go to work every day. My coworkers are ambitious, which brings out the best in you, but it also means that there are often challenges to have a good work-life balance.
Great benefits and flexibility to telecommute
Executive Director, Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 25, 2016
Friendly environment, great office space, flexibility to telecommute once in a while and great benefits. Opportunities for growth and great benefits.
Pros
Extra days off, happy hours
Cons
Very fast paced
Terrific organization with flexiblity to work on interesting and timely substantive issues
Senior officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 29, 2015
Staff is professional, smart, and friendly. Only drawback seems to be lack of professional advancement opportunities after a certain period.
Pros
Great staff, co-workers, ability to work on meaningful issues
Cons
lack of advancement, job security given funding arrangements
Unique and interesting workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2015
There is no such thing as a typical day at work. Every day was a new challenge and a new set of opportunities. However, having the opportunity to work on creating the innovation program from the ground up, allowed me experience what life is like on so many different teams and what their respective roles are (ranging from partnership to strategy).

On the one hand, this organization is undergoing much restructuring and the senior management seems a bit disconnected from the junior staff. On the other hand, as people, the management are genuine people who make an effort to get to know you and sharpen your skills.

My co-workers were absolutely wonderful. I was always impressed with what they brought to the table. There was somewhat of a feeling at times, though, that we get paid to work together, not to be friends.

The hardest part of my job was managing conflicting and strong personalities. Because I was worked externally and internally, it was often difficult to translate between the two as well as meet expectations. This is where I think I made the most progress and learned the most.

All in all, a great place to work. I would definitely recommend this as a positive experience in my life and one that is fulfilling on both professional and personal levels.
Pros
Great learning opportunities, exposure to senior level external people, good benefits package
Cons
Limited opportunity for growth, senior management disconnect, financial instability as an org
Great mission, culture, opportunity
Employee (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 24, 2014
a great institution, top notch. less political and management enhancement needed to sustain
Interesting...
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2014
Colleagues are generally supportive and friendly. Streamlined HR and operational processes.Fast paced organization, with little room for advancement- often dependent on Management's favorites. Very little opportunity for professional development. Your experience will depend on your department, and role.
Good place to start your career
Information Technology Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 21, 2013
non profit with lots of young professionals. Depending on the department creativity and innovation is encouraged.
Pros
benefits, metro pass reimbursement
Friendly & Professional Enviroment
Membership Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 26, 2013
This organization truly values its employees and guests, making them feel welcome and truly part of a team dynamic. Management is nurturing, which helps bring out the best in their employees. The team dynamic allows us to coordinate projects easily.
friendly work environment
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 28, 2013
good place if you want to work in NGOs
people here are very friendly
you can get involved with UN activities sometimes
Young and smart workforce
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 10, 2012
The United Nations Foundation is a great place to work for young professionals. People are smart and hard-working and as I always tell new hires that this job can be as big as you want or as small as you want. Everyone has the flexibility to expand their professional horizons by taking on more responsibilities that can add to their experience.
Pros
great benefits
Work Culture
Women & Population Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 14, 2012
A positive environment with good management, not enough technical skills that are used in the programs. Innovative but not substantive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Nations Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3