United Nations Foundation

United Nations Foundation Employee Reviews

Unique and interesting workplace
Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: great learning opportunities, exposure to senior level external people, good benefits package
Cons: limited opportunity for growth, senior management disconnect, financial instability as an org
There is no such thing as a typical day at work. Every day was a new challenge and a new set of opportunities. However, having the opportunity to work on creating the innovation program from the ground up, allowed me experience what life is like on so many different teams and what their respective roles are (ranging from partnership to strategy).

On the one hand, this organization is undergoing much – more... restructuring and the senior management seems a bit disconnected from the junior staff. On the other hand, as people, the management are genuine people who make an effort to get to know you and sharpen your skills.

My co-workers were absolutely wonderful. I was always impressed with what they brought to the table. There was somewhat of a feeling at times, though, that we get paid to work together, not to be friends.

The hardest part of my job was managing conflicting and strong personalities. Because I was worked externally and internally, it was often difficult to translate between the two as well as meet expectations. This is where I think I made the most progress and learned the most.

All in all, a great place to work. I would definitely recommend this as a positive experience in my life and one that is fulfilling on both professional and personal levels. – less
Great mission, culture, opportunity
Employee (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 24, 2014
a great institution, top notch. less political and management enhancement needed to sustain
Good place to start your career
Information Technology Intern (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 21, 2013
Pros: benefits, metro pass reimbursement
non profit with lots of young professionals. Depending on the department creativity and innovation is encouraged.
Motivated and hard-working environment
Every Woman, Every Child (EWEC) Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 27, 2013
Worked to support an event hosted by the Secretary General of the United Nations. Attended event planning meetings as well as informational meetings.
Friendly & Professional Enviroment
Membership Intern (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 26, 2013
This organization truly values its employees and guests, making them feel welcome and truly part of a team dynamic. Management is nurturing, which helps bring out the best in their employees. The team dynamic allows us to coordinate projects easily.
friendly work environment
Accounting Intern (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 28, 2013
good place if you want to work in NGOs
people here are very friendly
you can get involved with UN activities sometimes
Young and smart workforce
Network Administrator (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 10, 2012
Pros: great benefits
The United Nations Foundation is a great place to work for young professionals. People are smart and hard-working and as I always tell new hires that this job can be as big as you want or as small as you want. Everyone has the flexibility to expand their professional horizons by taking on more responsibilities that can add to their experience.

December 22, 2012

I'm a bit confused. A great place to work for "young professionals" only, or a great place to work for everyone?

Work Culture
Women & Population Program Intern (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 14, 2012
A positive environment with good management, not enough technical skills that are used in the programs. Innovative but not substantive.

About United Nations Foundation

Though its primary goal is to promote humanitarianism, the United Nations (UN) is much more than a peace and love cultural movement. – Read more

United Nations Foundation Salaries