United Nations Employee Reviews

Doubled as HUB AdministratoR and also Chief (Former Employee) –  Juba South SudanApril 7, 2014
Logistics and Supply Chain Management professional experienced in leadership roles at strategic, technical and operational levels in directing, managing and developing strategies for Supply Chains to enhance capacity, services provision and products delivery.

Full spectrum of experience in: • Logistics & Supply Chain Development & Enhancement • Strategic Planning & Implementation • Business Development & Negotiations • Process & Procedures Improvements • Procurement/Sourcing & Contract Management • Conflict identification & Resolution • Systems Analyses & Assessments • Institutional Development & Capacity Building • Leader/Team Builder/Trainer • Relationship Cultivation & Management • ERP systems & software used/exposed to are SAP/R3, SYSPRO ver6.0, Quantimed, Pipeline, Orion, CRM, GALILEO (Business Objects/INFO-PAC).
Expertise areas: Logistics & Supply Chain Management of Assets, Commodities, Medicines, Health Care & HIV/AIDS Programs —Implementations/Interventions Strategies — Embryonic Start-Up Operations — USAID & UN Regulations/Management.

An accomplished Supply Chain Manager with operational experience in: Partnership building, Relationship management, Collaboration and Liaising with stakeholders, implementing partners and PEPFAR/USAID Activity Managers • Resource mobilization, Dissemination, Knowledge and information sharing on good practices, Systems strengthening, Supply Chains and scale-up of HIV/AIDS programs • Developed Work-Plans, Budgets and technical strategies and implemented annual Country Operating Plans (COP) with budgets over US$ 12 million • Reporting
  more... and providing feedback on financial status, disbursements, resource allocation, project performance and GAO Audits • Coordinated support to host government ministries/departments through Advisory/Consultancy services in developing best practice distribution/storage plans • Conducted analyses of supply chains to identify improvements and service delivery of pharmaceuticals and commodities • Monitoring COP, Work Plan implementation, budgets and adjustments driven by Continuing Resolutions (CR) • Human Resources management, Annual Performance Reviews (APR) and Capacity building through technical assistance, training, and appropriate skills transfer for effective service delivery as key to sustainability. Negotiated absorption into staff establishment/table of seconded officers for continued health care service delivery  less
Pros
team player and highly interpersonal skills
Cons
great team player
Team building and relationship trainer /Safety and security manager/Experience with UN
Military observer/Team leader and liaison officer (Former Employee) –  Eritrea/Ethiopia/GeorgiaDecember 14, 2011
Rami EREIQAT/Main Experiences
In charge as Business development staff at Challenger team 2011
Experience in Team building training and Adventures around Jordan...etc.
Curriculum development and Training staff /Royal military academy 2008-2010

With UN/Military observer 2006/2008
worked as team leader, train newcomers(UNMOs) the principles and instructions as SOPs, my duties focused on Duty roster , providing assessments and analysis for the mission headquarter, writing daily and weekly assessment of the latest events in the area of responsibility, liaise with the NGOs and peacekeepers operating in the area, participated in formulating the security matrix of UNOMIG to improve the security rules in the mission, reporting in daily, weekly and monthly basis to the HQ regarding the political and security situation in my sector, that’s included a written reports and verbal briefings as well, providing a strategic, military and political analysis concerning the area of interest, Collecting information, processing and producing intelligence, participating with FFT(Fact Finding Team) to follow up and collect the information about any incident , making sure of implement the rules and orders as SOPs in UNOMIG and providing advice for the military side regarding the security and military developments in the area of interest.
Military observer
UN
Anti protest and demonstrations instructor at Royal military academy for cadets’ officers 2005-2006
Operations officer 2002-2005
Dead Sea company commander 2001-2002
Intelligence officer 1998-2001
Peace keeping and liaison officer in ERITREA/Ethiopia
  more... in 2000.  less
Pros
in charge
Cons
team building and health care, security, supervisor
Very productive and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant and Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 30, 2013
Provide extensive administrative and secretariat support to the Chief and Desk Officers in the Section, as well as staff in the Field Offices, in the most effective manner.
Schedule and coordination of appointments and meetings with high-level Government authorities, United Nations Agencies and NGOs. Organize and coordinate flow of documents and follow up timely responses. Sort out correspondence. Answered queries on various office matters. Carry out quality control functions for outgoing documents; proofread and edit texts for adherence to format, grammar punctuation and style in compliance with the United Nations's correspondence manual. Coordinate interviews, Section Meetings. Arrange bridge lines for teleconferences. Maintain electronic and paper filing system for the Section including converting relevant documents into PDF files through scanning or conversion using Adobe PDF applications and retrieve documents whenever required. Assemble and distribution of documentation for internal meetings, interviews and workshops confirming arrangements with participants and find venues. Prepare and process confidential information., Make , process and finalize travel arrangements for the Chief of Section and Desk Officers. Coordinate travel itenerary. Prepare Visa requests. Prepare and collate information packages for the Section Chief and Desk Officers's mission trips and work with Section staff to pepare briefings books for Director and Chief of Section. Prepare final travel claims. Get security clearances for travel to the Field.
Pros
very interesting job.
Cons
short lunches
Everyone-Counts Culture
Assistant to Deputy Regional Director (Current Employee) –  Cairo, GAOctober 19, 2014
I arrive very early in the morning; maybe an hour before time. During this hour, I manage to finish all tasks that need focus away from usual daily routine and/or interruptions. we have a breakfast gathering once a week to socialize and break the daily routine at work. Usually, it is Sunday. The hardest part of the job is that I have to go through painful details about refugees, homeless, and sick people around the region. Accordingly, Management is having a lot of responsibilities to be achieved to support people. Meanwhile, the world is watching our work and achievements; mostly, critique is always ready and prepared. This include technical work and supportive work as well. This unfortunately creates a very stressful working environment. As my co-workers have the same difficulties of mine, we all try to show support and understanding to each other; mostly in funny way as well to absorb the stress and enjoy the high value added to societies and to ourselves. I would consider this supportive attitude is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
weekly breakfast gathering
Cons
almost no breaks with very stressful environment
Both boring and exciting at times
Meeting Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2016
Working as a meeting service assistant, or MSA can be exciting in times, that is when servicing large meetings that include heads of state and foreign ministers. The topics up for discussion include human rights, current global crises (Syrian refugees, Yemen & Syrian Civil War, etc) and climate change which can be intriguing for the international affairs enthusiast. However most of the times working as an MSA can be menial, mundane, and boring. There were some great people to work with, but I would not call it a carer to aspire to.

I did learn the basics of meeting management within the United Nations, the complex method of scheduling, and logistics for meeting services, also more interestingly the positions held by several member states (countries) on certain global issues. A fitting job overall for my current study of international affairs.
Pros
good people, relatively easy work, paid overtime
Cons
boring, long hours at times
Create a joke Board or a Humor Newsletter. Look for tools to disseminate fun and funny thinhs daily. Give employees tools to create a fun relationship
Vehicle Technician (Former Employee) –  MonroviaMay 21, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people, the staff and the customers. We would not be at a job without our customers and in these difficult times I am so happy to be in a position where I can help others. I truly enjoy every interaction I have with each employee or customer. There are times where you can make someone's day and times where you can't but you can help someone understand. If it were not for this high level or interaction I think I would expire. I love the crazy nature of the work and the fact that it is never the same thing twice. You learn new things and are challenged every day. I am constantly learning new skills.
Pros
one hour lunch brake
Cons
medical health insurance
UN Liaison Officer in UNMIS (SUDAN) (Former Employee) –  Sudan, TXApril 30, 2013
- As UN Military Liaison Officer
Contatcting warring factions representatives.
Receiving high officials and delegations and escort them in all their Visits to mission area according the work plan
Convey all UN confidential documents to Sudanese and SPLA AJMCs members besides,intelligence and police departments LOs.
Reporting all abnormal activities carried out by warring factions.
Receive immediate ceasefire claims.
Liaison with Sudanese civilian authority and non profitable organizations.
Arranging and facilitating procedures of departure and arrival of high delegated officials.
- As UN Military Observer
Attend morning briefing
Conduct the daily patrol (according to the assignment)
Repot the daily situation report to the UNMO team leader
Operate the duty station room and base station
The hardest part of the job:
Nothing significant to be told
The most enjoyable part of the job:
Working at a multinational environment
Pros
living allowances
Cons
no dental insurance
This was an absolutely fascinating position
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2012
The days went by very quickly as we were always busy.I increased
my geographical knowledge(which was execellent when I started).
I also increased my knowledge of difficult and complicated itineraries.

Management was very strict considering the circumstances,but always very helpful.Co-workers were for the most part helpful and
friendly,though we didn't have much time to communicate given the
work load.

The hardest part of the job was completing submitted itineraries in time for the traveler's departure,especially within Africa or Asia.

The most enjoyable part of the job was spending my time off in the
library and the adjacent map room,which was incredibly fascinating

Unfortunately,I was compelled to leave this position as I was caring for my terminally ill mother,and could not coordinate the commute
and care effectively to do both.
Pros
dealing with situations i never dealt with previously
Cons
the commute was very difficult considering my home location
Dynamic, Multicultural Institution with a Precious Mandate
RESOURCE MOBILIZATION INTERN AT UN WOMEN (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 6, 2013
Assisting Program managers in research on solutions applied to Gender issues have provided opportunities to expand my knowledge on the subject. Engagements in assisting in the development of Fund raising proposals have given me a chance to see the practical application of methods and techniques used by such institutions.

The office environment is open and friendly and a rich sense of direction allows the integration of ideas amongst staff. Inter actions among colleagues are informal yet allow for serious work and respect.
The need for a significant depth of information collection, to be used with short periods of time was demanding on occasions.

Serving in an organization with a very valuable cause.
A workplae one of a kind
Trainee, Fifth Committee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 30, 2013
As a trainee to the European Union Delegation to the United Nations, I worked in a team within the Fifth Committee which participates in budget-related issues of the UN on behalf of the EU. I handled highly sensitive information, I analyzed the reports of the oversight bodies and the UN, and I created briefs which were used by the Member States during the consideration of financial matters. I organized coordination meetings and briefings and I directly participated in budget negotiations. I also supported the EU team by fulfilling various administrative tasks. I believe that this experience gave me an insight in negotiation and communication strategies and exposed me to the decision-making process within the EU. Moreover, the experience reinforced my attention to detail, further strengthened my analytical skills and exposed me to the process of reading, writing and summarizing various financial reports.
Pros
multicultural
Cons
long hours, stressful

Want to know more about United Nations?

Ask a question
United Nations
Conference Operations (Freelance) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2015
The day starts with a general review of the day, checking in with the conference control center. Then a verbal sign in with the shift supervisor. Then I take a more detailed look at the necessary requirements for my assignments. We learn something knew almost every day. There are so many layers to what we do as technicians, it's what we haven't encountered that requires the most from us and our team. With management and our various departments, we can solve almost any problem should they arise. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning.
Pros
The environment and learning new things
Cons
The meeting can get very drawn out and they could spend days drafting 1 sentence.
Amazing and privileged experience to be a part of.
United Nations International Volunteer Aid Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 14, 2013
I began volunteering for the UN at a very early age. I was 12 years old when I was assigned my first country: Sierra Leona. My responsibility involved fundraisers. Working hard with a team, we have helped to raise over 30,000 dollars as of today for third world countries. The hardest part of the job is to raise the money, but the most enjoyable is that you know you are a part of a greater project than any other, one that involves saving and helping human being across the globe! There is no better feeling when you know you've helped make a difference in a child's life.
Administrative Assistant/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 4, 2015
Working as a Administrative Assistant/ Receptionist and as a Legal Assistant, I really did learned a lot from my two positions, I worked in a very diverse environment/ where people were very polite, team work oriented, and very caring and i had very nice and reliable co workers,we got along very well . I learned a lot about my work, how to work closer with clients, how to handle hard clients and difficult tasks, how to be very patient and calm to very rude clients, and how to handle heavy load work during very busy days.
Moreover, the most enjoyable part of my job is how we treated and related to each other as far as co workers and most of our clients were very kind and respectful.
Pros
Bonuses at the end of the years.
Cons
Sometimes we had to work on New Years
Adviser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2014
⬥Worked on the post-2015 Development Agenda in consultation with all stakeholders, including Member States, Civil Society, Academia and Private Sector.
⬥ Provided analytical inputs, expertise and outreach on different issues within President’s Office.
⬥ Driving forward agenda of the General Assembly and to lead and facilitate the follow-up processes on substantive mandates.
⬥Managed and prepared in close cooperation with UNESCO high level thematic debate on “Culture and Sustainable Development through 2015 Development Agenda”.
⬥Elaborated on high level thematic debate “The Role of Partnerships and their Contributions to the Post-2015 Development Agenda”.
⬥Elaborated on high level thematic debate “Ensuring Stable and Peaceful Societies in the Post 2015 Development Framework”.
⬥Working on High Level Forum on the “Culture of Peace” with civil society, academia, Member States in promoting and implementing GA mandated High Level Forum.
⬥Adviser on the fifth committee {Financial and Budgetary} Matters.
Friendly, and Professional
Conference Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 21, 2013
The hardest part of this job is the level of professionalism that is expected of the employees, because of the environment that they are in. Meaning the environment of high level government officials, and at times heads of state. As well as one week in Spetember where the work day starts at around 7 or 8 and won't have a definite ending. Although physically exhausting we were rewarded with time and a half pay after 8 and a half hours.
Other than that the staff is all very friendly, and the separate offices tend to create their own culture of friendship or family.
Pros
one hour lunch, opportunity to see high level officials and sometimes heads of state
Cons
sometimes stressful hours
it has been as good jod for me
EOD Deminer and Mine sweeper (Former Employee) –  Syria, VAMarch 11, 2013
Ive had been experienced as DE miner and mine sweeper during the time i was deployed as peacekeeper as part of United Nations peacekeeping mission in Golan Heights Israel and Syria, Ive enjoy what am doing there with the help also of other contingent like contingent from Austria,Croatia,India and Japan Peacekeeper.The hardest part of my Job there is when the time you have to recover a landmines and Unexploded Ordnance (UXO) with the used of our knowledge and techniques and render safe procedure.
Pros
on contract basis only by un
Cons
na
Harsh working eviroment but productive and supportive in all aspect of operations.
Central Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Darfur SudanJune 15, 2012
Having worked with the United Nations for the period of eight (8) years as warehouse assistant/Supervisor, I have gained more experience working with and supervising six (6) International Staffs. Dealing with each staff with respect,dignity, professionalism and respect for diversity as each of them are completely different nationals establishes a good working relationship.Team work helped archieve organization goals and enhance warehouse productivity and meet deadline/timelines.Though the enviroment is very harsh and almost always hot but working with different nationals to obtaine one goal is significant.
Pros
more vacations
Cons
restricted break time.
Amazing international organisation with limitless potential
Intern; Criminal Law and Judicial Advisory Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2015
Start early and you never know what the day may bring but you know that you are working towards a goal greater than yourself. I learned of my potential, being able to assist in many different projects allowed for me to improve my communication skills and recognised my ability to improve and adapt to work with a fantastic group of like minded people.
Hardest and best part of the job was in understanding the impact that your work had on places around the work and pushed me to ensure that my work and help was worthy of that cause.
Healthy comfortable work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2012
early morning fast paced work cleaning offices an restrooms of 22 floors. i learned how to be a team player an diplomatic. I ran the cleaning company as my former boss the owner lives in another country. my co-wokers where more like family we have worked so many years together. the hardest part of the job was sometimes going a month or two with out pay every one smiled an talked to each other sn flexibility
Pros
every one communicates
Cons
some time pay was late
The UN from afar
Sr. Field Operations Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington D.C.September 9, 2011
I had a great run with The United Nations, the job took me in an complete different direction in which I thought my life would go, but I would not change it for anything. The people you get to meet and interact with, the cultures that you are exposed to, being a military brat and born overseas I was lucky to be exposed to a lot of different places and customs, but for those of you who have not had the fortune to do so, working for the UN in any capacity is by far a whole new experience.

4.4