United Nations

United Nations Employee Reviews

Great cultured experience
Intern (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 29, 2015
An absolute privilege to work amongst such educated and experienced officers representing countries from all over the world. Learn something new everyday.
Serious
Web Designer (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 28, 2015
Working with the Committee on Teaching About the United Nations was a great experience for me. Great people and great environment to work with. Everybody there works for a good cause.
Project management and multicultural environnment
Project Management Office Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 21, 2015
I had the opportunity to use my Project Management knowledges and put in place projects with huge scopes. I worked with many stakeholders all around the world.
The working environment is very diverse.
Special Events Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 18, 2015
I enjoyed working with UN because it was really a fun place and i got to be involved in several large events. And from the events I could learnt a lot.
A very good United Nations/Bolivia Government Project to work for.
Administrative Director (Former Employee), La Paz, Bolivia, South AmericaMay 7, 2015
Pros: Good salary
Cons: It was only a six-month job for the last semester of a three-year project.
I was able to use my English language, my education and my previous work experience acquired in the United Nations Children's Fund, such as the knowledge of the United Nations rules, regulations and procedures, computer systems, and terminology.
Amazing international organisation with limitless potential
Intern; Criminal Law and Judicial Advisory Service (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 10, 2015
Start early and you never know what the day may bring but you know that you are working towards a goal greater than yourself. I learned of my potential, being able to assist in many different projects allowed for me to improve my communication skills and recognised my ability to improve and adapt to work with a fantastic group of like minded people.
Hardest and best part of the job was in understanding the impact that your work had on places around the work and pushed me to ensure that my work and help was worthy of that cause.
travel,training
MEDICAL OFFICER (Former Employee), Republic, MOApril 8, 2015
Pros: dancing
Cons: healthcare
I learn management,I work in team work at the clinic,I am always taking care of the patients.The hardest part in my job is when I receive call at night ,when I am on duty.
Amazing international environment working on global issues
Communications and Public Relations Advisor (Current Employee), WorldwideApril 1, 2015
Working with the United Nations is a great way to contribute your skills and experience in challenging interntaional environments to help solve global problems and improve the lives of people in communities all around the world.
It was very good.
Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 5, 2015
Pros: know more about the UN
I attend UN General Assembly Meetings. I interacted with allot of dignitaries. I met different great employees and employers. It was great to be in the UN headquarters.
N/A
Advisor (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 5, 2015
This position required extensive time spent at the United Nations during seminars, meeting and various events.

Was able to learn a lot about international politics.
Not a place if you looking to stay long term.
Associate Capacity Network Engineer (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 4, 2015
Pros: decent management
Cons: not a stable job
This is a place where you have to be able to move around and relocate. Great place to gain experience and travel the world.
Interesting
Intern, Support Services (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 4, 2015
As an intern, you don't get paid, you don't have no help for housing or anything like but it's a great experience to learn about all these nations that the world is constituted of. You learn to care about others and learn about all different cultures.
International Meeting Place
Intern (Former Employee), New York, New YorkFebruary 26, 2015
Attended meetings concerning various global events during my YOUTH internship here. The intern leader was very helpful and debriefing us on what our duties were. Opportunities to learn the main languages used at the UN were a plus.
fast food
sales (Former Employee), erie paJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: i love meeting new people.
Cons: short breaks
i want to prep food work on register and customer service and cleaner also and it would help with developing my customer service skills.
Great experience ,reflect the name United Nations Management and workers
COMIS 2 (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 14, 2014
Pros: monthly review of employees help to improve the work place
One of my memorable work period. a great working family.Meet many PRESIDENTS .KING
Interesting,productive and motivating work environement
Diplomacy intern (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 28, 2014
Interning at the UN was a short-lived but very interesting work shift. The organisational culture was warm and receptive, and very encouraging. Information needed for my reports was easily accessible. During the General Assembly, I stayed at work longer hours as a Cameroon delegate. It was a little hard to be up and active the following day but overall it was a great experience.
Good job for working in numerous countries
Movement Control (Former Employee), DR Congo, Sierra Leone,November 21, 2014
Excellent job for meeting people from various nations, travel between various locations is unlimited, good vacation benefits, health care is provided, increased pay per year served.
Great place to start a career or to end a career.
Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 13, 2014
Pros: meet with very influenial people from all over the world
Cons: not in professional development and growth.
This is a very good place for recent grads to start a career or individuals nearing retirement to want to do something different.
family-like working environment
Intern, Division of Sustainable Development (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 27, 2014
full-time intern..

…it is pretty good work place though very competitive to get into the organization for young professionals.

…treat others like your family members without differences in nationalities, colors and etc would always be very nice.

…make sure to take advantage of this opportunity and networking in some high-level meetings.
Productive, enjoy helping others when needed.
Mailroom clerk (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 23, 2014
Every morning we sort the mail that come in (3-4 buckets the most), after that around 9:30 we get ready to go on our mail runs throughout the building. If needed the Manager/Assistant manager would help us on what floor the mail should go if someone has moved on a different floor. Co-workers would help each other out if boxes are needed to be moved.

1 2 3 4 5

About United Nations

The United Nations is an international organization founded in 1945 after the Second World War by 51 countries committed to maintaining – Read more

United Nations Salaries