United Nations

United Nations Employer Reviews

the United Nations has taught me a lot
Programme Officer- Head of UN Women office (Former Employee), Jordan and IraqAugust 11, 2014
Pros: diversity and different cultures
Cons: high bureaucracy!
Very overwhelmed atmosphere, but on the meantime is very knowledgeable and encouraging. Most management are very supportive and the colleagues are just great. High ethics, high standards and great privileges to all employees, the hardest part of the work is you will never get a life balance if you anticipate to grow in the system. Working is almost – more... 24/7! – less
Average working place
Branch Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 5, 2014
one has to work hard to prove one's worth and potential with fierce competition.
fine job culture, but working like crazy
Administration Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 1, 2014
Pros: good culture
Cons: hard working needed
This job is fun in all because every day I can meet different new people from all over the world, and at the same time I can help them with my workings, which makes me feel so good.

On the other hand, my daily working situation is like running like a crazy chicken. I can make it, and I also feel very proud and accomplished to do so.

My co-worker and – more... supervisors are all very nice to me. It is really a good place to stay. – less
Very challenging work environnement
INTERNSHIP IN PROCUREMENT DIVISION (Current Employee), New York CityJuly 2, 2014
Pros: very educative and international environment
Cons: cannot secure a permanent position beyond internship. can be done only 6 months after terminating.
The procurement division works closely with all UN division and services. It is very helpful and instructive to see the impact of your job on other structures.
Great experience!
Assistant Liaison (Former Employee), AsiaJune 29, 2014
I was well trained for simultaneous translation; developed early experience in high profile communication, and diplomac.y
Very Excellent
Executive Branch relating (Former Employee), Ivory coastJune 15, 2014
Pros: free launches health care transport
Cons: short breaks
I got an honorablen certificate for reorganization of meritorious service from Force Provost Marshal.
Learned a lot
Environmental Affairs Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 8, 2014
Great company to work for. Loving the experience. People were great and can't complain. Projects were challenging and impactful
Wish the UN had an office in San Francisco!
Assistant to President of ECOSOC (F/T) (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 6, 2014
Working at the United Nations was a true pleasure and honor. The organization boasts probably the single most educated workforce in the world. Not surprising, given the complexity of the problems the world faces and the complexity of the organization itself.
Typical quasi-government entity environment
Business Intelligence Analyst/Technical Writer (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 29, 2014
Pros: exposure to international culture.
Cons: rigid adherence to standards and protocols.
Enterprise centered IT environment which is highly regimented. Application development is based on approved and standardized software platform. Majority of actual programming are outsourced abroad or done by outside consultants.
Nice work environment
Sr.SAP ABAP Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 22, 2014
Nice environment to work with the staff.
Very co-operative co-workers to work with.
Nice work place to learn new things.
Create a joke Board or a Humor Newsletter. Look for tools to disseminate fun and funny thinhs daily. Give employees tools to create a fun relationship
Vehicle Technician (Former Employee), MonroviaMay 21, 2014
Pros: one hour lunch brake
Cons: medical health insurance
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people, the staff and the customers. We would not be at a job without our customers and in these difficult times I am so happy to be in a position where I can help others. I truly enjoy every interaction I have with each employee or customer. There are times where you can make someone's day and times where you – more... can't but you can help someone understand. If it were not for this high level or interaction I think I would expire. I love the crazy nature of the work and the fact that it is never the same thing twice. You learn new things and are challenged every day. I am constantly learning new skills. – less
Communication Intern
Communication Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 18, 2014
I was responsible for administrative work and events supporting in Property Management Unit.
Good but not great!
Financial Analyst & Accounting Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 21, 2014
Great place to meet new people and delegates. But limited professional growth is a big big minus.
Doubled as HUB AdministratoR and also Chief (Former Employee), Juba South SudanApril 7, 2014
Pros: team player and highly interpersonal skills
Cons: great team player
Logistics and Supply Chain Management professional experienced in leadership roles at strategic, technical and operational levels in directing, managing and developing strategies for Supply Chains to enhance capacity, services provision and products delivery.

Full spectrum of experience in: • Logistics & Supply Chain Development & Enhancement • Strategic – more... Planning & Implementation • Business Development & Negotiations • Process & Procedures Improvements • Procurement/Sourcing & Contract Management • Conflict identification & Resolution • Systems Analyses & Assessments • Institutional Development & Capacity Building • Leader/Team Builder/Trainer • Relationship Cultivation & Management • ERP systems & software used/exposed to are SAP/R3, SYSPRO ver6.0, Quantimed, Pipeline, Orion, CRM, GALILEO (Business Objects/INFO-PAC).
Expertise areas: Logistics & Supply Chain Management of Assets, Commodities, Medicines, Health Care & HIV/AIDS Programs —Implementations/Interventions Strategies — Embryonic Start-Up Operations — USAID & UN Regulations/Management.

An accomplished Supply Chain Manager with operational experience in: Partnership building, Relationship management, Collaboration and Liaising with stakeholders, implementing partners and PEPFAR/USAID Activity Managers • Resource mobilization, Dissemination, Knowledge and information sharing on good practices, Systems strengthening, Supply Chains and scale-up of HIV/AIDS programs • Developed Work-Plans, Budgets and technical strategies and implemented annual Country Operating Plans (COP) with budgets over US$ 12 million • Reporting and providing feedback on financial status, disbursements, resource allocation, project performance and GAO Audits • Coordinated support to host government ministries/departments through Advisory/Consultancy services in developing best practice distribution/storage plans • Conducted analyses of supply chains to identify improvements and service delivery of pharmaceuticals and commodities • Monitoring COP, Work Plan implementation, budgets and adjustments driven by Continuing Resolutions (CR) • Human Resources management, Annual Performance Reviews (APR) and Capacity building through technical assistance, training, and appropriate skills transfer for effective service delivery as key to sustainability. Negotiated absorption into staff establishment/table of seconded officers for continued health care service delivery – less
International Civil Servant
Editorial Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 31, 2014
Pros: being part of an intergovernmental organization, an incredibly comprehensive benefits package and pension
Cons: bureaucracy
Editorial work that is very detail focused and timeline driven.
I have learned a lot about U.N. editorial manual guidelines and standards.
An former international civil servant working for peace and security globally
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 10, 2014
Working in a multicultural setting was a very enriching experience. My focus on a team effort towards the organizational's goals was rewarding.
Enlightening, fun, busy
Communications Officer (Former Employee), NYFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: exposure
Cons: being away from home 98%
Travel, long days
Hard work, respect, appreciation of life
positive and involved
mix from all over
travel 100%
seeing the world and its people
UNICEF
EDF Climate Corp Fellow (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 9, 2014
Innovating for social change - The best work environment I have ever experience. It was incredibly rewarding to have the opportunity to work with individuals like-minded, with a high intellectual curiosity and an intrepid ability to question processes to create a greater impact.
Unique culture with diversity
Project Manager (Former Employee), NY NYJanuary 22, 2014
It was a great opportunity to work here. it is important to keep in mind that the mentality and culture is not what one sees in traditional US settings.
Highly bureaucratic
Liaison (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 13, 2014
Mediocre workplace - good mission but bureaucratic headaches abound.

1 2 3 4 5

About United Nations

The United Nations is an international organization founded in 1945 after the Second World War by 51 countries committed to maintaining – Read more