United Nations Employee Reviews

Work
Lead Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2017
Awesome place to work at is you get the opportunity. Typical 9-5 job with no real stress but HIGH taxes because its in NY. If you like the city buzz and the high prices than apply!
Very good place to work
Language Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2017
Overall I'm satisfied with this job, considering the competition.

it's a good job that grows on you.

Salary is great and the benefits are very good, in terms of health care and days off.....

This job is a bargain!
multi-cultural, diverse work environment
CHIEF, PEACEKEEPING FINANCE DIVISION (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2017
Excellent place to work if you are interesting in international non-profit environment with emphasis on cultural diversity, respect for diversity, integrity, team work. Areas of focus include humanitarian, peacekeeping, oversight, human rights, international affairs.
Work as an Intern
Fiance Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 5, 2017
I have an unpaid internship at UN. We have a lot of activities for interns, and meet people from around the world, which is fun. Management and coworkers are efficient and helpful.
I have gained external experience
Team site Leader (Former Employee) –  MonroviaApril 3, 2017
The United Nations observes all cultures and provides a conducive working environment. I had a chance to mix and work with different races and came out with great results.
Pros
All resources all available
Cons
Need to adjust to food and also affected with various diseases as you will be far from home country.
Very diverse
mail sorter, delivery (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2017
Very easy to make a good impression... One goes hand in hand..because the UN makes a good impression.. I loved working there.. Memories of a lifetime
Great learning experience
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2017
This position was one in all. It invloved server administration tasks, management tasks and application development majorly.
Hence, a great experience of a complete life cycle of an application development.
The most difficult part was me being the only developer on the team but that made my skill set enhance faster and greater.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 11, 2017
People here are highly intelligent and motivated to work hard for the good of everyone. You will not find a more diverse workplace anywhere else. There is definitely a lack of job security here, however. You may not know if you will have your contract extended even a week before your contract is up. Also consultants do not get health insurance and will need to pay for it privately, and do not get access to many of the services that staff get (library book checkout, language classes, different entrance, cannot access many of the areas of the UN). If you are ok with the uncertainty and benefits (or lack thereof) then it is definitely the place to be.
Productive with constant change to environment
MODEL U.N. TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Twin Cities, MNMarch 11, 2017
My role as a UN trainer was to train staff and participants in all things United Nations. I was responsible for putting program materials together, training staff, and facilitating discussion on topics like Genocide and Sustainalble development.

I learned how to better approach discussion with a diverse population in the Twin Cities.
It was a perfect first job.
Houseman/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2017
I was able to work with a lot of family to make this first job very satisfying to me, as well as the cleaning aspect of the duties.
Outsourced
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTFebruary 28, 2017
This was an outsourced service to the client, but the people running the department didn't really have an understanding on what needed to be done. Have to put your own effort in to get the work done.
Productive and motivating atmosphere
Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2017
I learned a lot about the United Nations System, its values and procedures.
I could attend high level meetings and really enjoyed working at the United Nations.
My taskes were important and I could gain more efficiency and seriousness.
Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 8, 2017
United Nations is a fast paced and fast growing company. i truly do enjoy the rich and friendly work environment. if you are looking to grow with american express, there are alot of opportunities to do so.
Intern
Foreign/Public Affairs/Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2017
Working at the United Nations, has been the highlight of my academic career thus far. I would love to be able to work within this government entity with a full time upper level position.
Great Place to be
Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2017
United Nations is the place to be especially now. However advancing in the United Nations is little difficult. Regardless I am proud to be part of the UN team.
Very laid back environment
Editorial and Desktop Publishing Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2017
The Environment there is very friendly. Everybody wants to help new colleagues and want to make them feel comfortable to ask any question regarding any matter.
Humanitarian organization
United Nations Security Official (Current Employee) –  Kosovo, Afghanistan, South SudanJanuary 20, 2017
World wide Humanitarian organization keeping the peace and providing aid in war torn areas. People from all over the world coming together to create a better world. Providing food, shelter, and rebuilding after a war or other conflict.
Trying to prevent conflicts and bring peace and stability to an area.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Living in hostile environments
Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at the United Nations learning about international politics, and studying how the developments in the disarmament field have evolved over the years.
Beautiful Mission
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 13, 2017
Beautiful People doing great work. Sensitive to Multicultural Diversity. Very rewarding work. Staff and co-workers had the highest standards of ethics. Fun work environment.
Pros
Enlightening experience
Cons
Standing and walking most of the day, every day.
good
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  MonroviaJanuary 9, 2017
During my period of work, I have achieved my work plan established for my unit. That is Respond swiftly to Fire scene within UN facilities, UN Agency fun and Programmed, and monitors the alarm systems closely for the safety of the UN HQ (PAP and PAP Annex Building), go out for regional inspections (UNOE) and support COE for operational readiness inspections. I have demonstrated commitment to my work and to my work mates; I have been very supportive to my unit and also to RSOs office when needed and dedicate to work at all times.
I enjoyed working with both my First Reporting Officer (FRO) and Second Reporting Officer (SRO) and the entire Fire Unit and Security Section as a whole I Promise also to be committed to my JOB, and to maintain the Core values of the UNITED NATIONS.
Pros
Firefigter
Cons
vacations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Nations. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4