United Nations Employee Reviews in United States

The working condition were very friendly.
Project Engineer. (Former Employee) –  Pakistan South Asia.December 21, 2015
I had Good experience while working for the this company, All of the staff was very co-operative. I had full support from my bosses during my stay with company and their help enabled me to complete the job on time.
great work environment
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 2, 2016
I really love this working place since people around you are very nice and try to help. I know more about non-profit organizations and understand its mission.
Un ima
IMA (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2016
Good work life balance and good benefits makes it a good place to work

Very casual and good people in the workplace

Highly recommendable
productive and creative
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  anyJanuary 5, 2016
moving up and down,most enjoyable is associating with people, newskills, realy intresting, long working periods,very good management
Pros
free lunches
Cons
healthycare
Administrative Assistant/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 4, 2015
Working as a Administrative Assistant/ Receptionist and as a Legal Assistant, I really did learned a lot from my two positions, I worked in a very diverse environment/ where people were very polite, team work oriented, and very caring and i had very nice and reliable co workers,we got along very well . I learned a lot about my work, how to work closer with clients, how to handle hard clients and difficult tasks, how to be very patient and calm to very rude clients, and how to handle heavy load work during very busy days.
Moreover, the most enjoyable part of my job is how we treated and related to each other as far as co workers and most of our clients were very kind and respectful.
Pros
Bonuses at the end of the years.
Cons
Sometimes we had to work on New Years
N/a
HVAC TECHNICIAN (International) UNV (Current Employee) –  South SudanAugust 17, 2015
In short, it is nice been a volunteer. Work is good for the fact that i am in a different country with different kind people and culture. I have learn a lot things regarding the situation. Corporation from my co-worked in the field is worth wealthy for the length of experience. I have find no difficulties at the moment. The enjoyable and interesting part on the job is the different kind of people and culture.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
United Nations
Conference Operations (Freelance) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2015
The day starts with a general review of the day, checking in with the conference control center. Then a verbal sign in with the shift supervisor. Then I take a more detailed look at the necessary requirements for my assignments. We learn something knew almost every day. There are so many layers to what we do as technicians, it's what we haven't encountered that requires the most from us and our team. With management and our various departments, we can solve almost any problem should they arise. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning.
Pros
The environment and learning new things
Cons
The meeting can get very drawn out and they could spend days drafting 1 sentence.
Unparallelled Experience
Department of Public Information Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 31, 2015
It is an unparalleled experience to be working as a full-time intern at the United Nations. This is because it is both challenging and rewarding, having high expectations for intern's work performance, yet opening many opportunities for continued learning and high level policy participation as well.
Good Luck Getting Hired
business analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2015
It's very tough to get a business-related position here unless your great grandfather was a diplomat. A lot of politics and red tape. Just a heads-up.

This is a much better job: http://PayTaski.com/?ref=39035
Surprisingly Friendly for NYC
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2015
The United Nations is a great place to work! At least the section I am currently in. Everyone is very kind and friendly, and always willing to help with an open door management system. Co-workers are friendly, management is super supportive.
Hardest part is remembering the various financial rules and how to apply them accordigly. Most enjoyable would definitely be the people!
Pros
Very supportive management and peers, multicultural
Cons
Hiring process takes very long
fun and educative
Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2015
Always amazed when working with others and what they can bring in the table. I appreciate every moment i take engaging my colleagues at work.
Productive and got confidence to work with high level individuals.
Administrative Officer,Mission of Bangladesh (Former Employee) –  United Nations, New YorkSeptember 25, 2015
Working in the UN is good and got a lot of experience with the high profile diplomats as well as with high level Ministers from the host country (Bangladesh).
My co-workers and managment were the best and that make your work more enjoyable.
Account Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 25, 2015
I have enjoyed every day. I have learned different cultures and languages. It is a joy to be able to serve the world. It is an International Organization that service the world with humanities and need of the donor countries.
Executive Assistant
Personal Secretary (Current Employee) –  211 East 43rd street - NY10017July 28, 2015
after 25 years of experience as Personal Assistant in different Ministries of my country, I wish to join international organisations and NGO's. Being Productive, team spirit, perseverance,proactive and innovative I want to share my experience as well as update my knowledge in various field.
Pros
lunches and events
Cons
social activities
United Nations
Volunteer For Unicef (Former Employee) –  InternatiionalSeptember 27, 2015
Days working for the U.N consisted of helping villages and towns food and aid. i also translated and taught a little english too. this job has a lot of benefits and one of them being the humanitarian benefits.
Great place to gain an international background
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New York, New YorkOctober 3, 2015
I believe that the United Nations is one of the best ways to learn international politics and relate with people around the world.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Unpaid
Wonderful experience
Researcher/Speech Wirter (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 3, 2015
I have gained much experience and knowledge, along with traveling throughout the world.I have grown professionally by being able to branch out on my own through freelance opportunities.
It was an incredible experience to have worked in a global environment
Information Technology officer to SL Mission to UN (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2015
Was able to work with a diverse number of people and thrived in working in a multicultural environment. I thrived in working in a fast paced job that continually taught me new skills and challenged me to give my best.
Pros
Cons
one hour lunch break and medical
Great experience
United Nations Spanish Language Programme Intern (Former Employee) –  Secretariat BuildingAugust 5, 2015
It is a great experience to work at the United Nations. The experience that I obtained was how bureaucratic each process can be. I learned to deal with clients from various parts of the world.
A very good United Nations/Bolivia Government Project to work for.
Administrative Director (Former Employee) –  La Paz, Bolivia, South AmericaMay 7, 2015
I was able to use my English language, my education and my previous work experience acquired in the United Nations Children's Fund, such as the knowledge of the United Nations rules, regulations and procedures, computer systems, and terminology.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
It was only a six-month job for the last semester of a three-year project.

4.4