United Nations

United Nations Employee Reviews

United Nations
Conference Operations (Freelance) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2015
The day starts with a general review of the day, checking in with the conference control center. Then a verbal sign in with the shift supervisor. Then I take a more detailed look at the necessary requirements for my assignments. We learn something knew almost every day. There are so many layers to what we do as technicians, it's what we haven't encountered that requires the most from us and our team. With management and our various departments, we can solve almost any problem should they arise. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning.
Pros
The environment and learning new things
Cons
The meeting can get very drawn out and they could spend days drafting 1 sentence.
Great experience
United Nations Spanish Language Programme Intern (Former Employee) –  Secretariat BuildingAugust 5, 2015
It is a great experience to work at the United Nations. The experience that I obtained was how bureaucratic each process can be. I learned to deal with clients from various parts of the world.
Unique place for AV knowledge
Audio/Video/Media/VTC operator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2015
Unique place for AV knowledge hungry professionals. Very supportive management. If you are AV fanatic and like politics, this is a place to be.
Executive Assistant
Personal Secretary (Current Employee) –  211 East 43rd street - NY10017July 28, 2015
after 25 years of experience as Personal Assistant in different Ministries of my country, I wish to join international organisations and NGO's. Being Productive, team spirit, perseverance,proactive and innovative I want to share my experience as well as update my knowledge in various field.
Pros
lunches and events
Cons
social activities
Surprisingly Friendly for NYC
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2015
The United Nations is a great place to work! At least the section I am currently in. Everyone is very kind and friendly, and always willing to help with an open door management system. Co-workers are friendly, management is super supportive.
Hardest part is remembering the various financial rules and how to apply them accordigly. Most enjoyable would definitely be the people!
Pros
Very supportive management and peers, multicultural
Cons
Hiring process takes very long
really nice place to work
Fav/Lav Mechanic and Armored Fleet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Northern siani, EgyptJuly 15, 2015
one of the best company's I have worked for in a long time. And would there again but have spent to much time in the war zones.
Pros
good people to work for
Cons
long hours and good money
Terrific Internship Experience
Global Commerce Intern (Former Employee) –  Santiago de Chile, RMJune 24, 2015
Loved working in South America at the CEPAL office. My internship overlapped the World Cup in Brazil (2006) which was an outstanding experience. I commend the job of the UN and it was an honor to work with such a smart team for these few months.
It was an incredible experience to have worked in a global environment
Information Technology officer to SL Mission to UN (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2015
Was able to work with a diverse number of people and thrived in working in a multicultural environment. I thrived in working in a fast paced job that continually taught me new skills and challenged me to give my best.
Pros
Cons
one hour lunch break and medical
Great cultured experience
Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2015
An absolute privilege to work amongst such educated and experienced officers representing countries from all over the world. Learn something new everyday.
Serious
Web Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 28, 2015
Working with the Committee on Teaching About the United Nations was a great experience for me. Great people and great environment to work with. Everybody there works for a good cause.
Project management and multicultural environnment
Project Management Office Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2015
I had the opportunity to use my Project Management knowledges and put in place projects with huge scopes. I worked with many stakeholders all around the world.
The working environment is very diverse.
Special Events Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2015
I enjoyed working with UN because it was really a fun place and i got to be involved in several large events. And from the events I could learnt a lot.
A very good United Nations/Bolivia Government Project to work for.
Administrative Director (Former Employee) –  La Paz, Bolivia, South AmericaMay 7, 2015
I was able to use my English language, my education and my previous work experience acquired in the United Nations Children's Fund, such as the knowledge of the United Nations rules, regulations and procedures, computer systems, and terminology.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
It was only a six-month job for the last semester of a three-year project.
Amazing international organisation with limitless potential
Intern; Criminal Law and Judicial Advisory Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2015
Start early and you never know what the day may bring but you know that you are working towards a goal greater than yourself. I learned of my potential, being able to assist in many different projects allowed for me to improve my communication skills and recognised my ability to improve and adapt to work with a fantastic group of like minded people.
Hardest and best part of the job was in understanding the impact that your work had on places around the work and pushed me to ensure that my work and help was worthy of that cause.
travel,training
MEDICAL OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Republic, MOApril 8, 2015
I learn management,I work in team work at the clinic,I am always taking care of the patients.The hardest part in my job is when I receive call at night ,when I am on duty.
Pros
dancing
Cons
healthcare
Amazing international environment working on global issues
Communications and Public Relations Advisor (Current Employee) –  WorldwideApril 1, 2015
Working with the United Nations is a great way to contribute your skills and experience in challenging interntaional environments to help solve global problems and improve the lives of people in communities all around the world.
It was very good.
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2015
I attend UN General Assembly Meetings. I interacted with allot of dignitaries. I met different great employees and employers. It was great to be in the UN headquarters.
Pros
know more about the UN
N/A
Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2015
This position required extensive time spent at the United Nations during seminars, meeting and various events.

Was able to learn a lot about international politics.
Not a place if you looking to stay long term.
Associate Capacity Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2015
This is a place where you have to be able to move around and relocate. Great place to gain experience and travel the world.
Pros
decent management
Cons
not a stable job
Interesting
Intern, Support Services (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2015
As an intern, you don't get paid, you don't have no help for housing or anything like but it's a great experience to learn about all these nations that the world is constituted of. You learn to care about others and learn about all different cultures.

4.4