United Nations

United Nations Employer Reviews

NA
Translator (Former Employee), KosovoAugust 3, 2013
An organization that strives to build and repair relationships between nations post conflict with a great opportunity to learn about new experiences and other cultures.
It was a great experience
Advisor to Secretary General (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 26, 2013
Pros: contact with people
Cons: short contracts
Cultural Attaché

• Coordinated special events such as parades, dances and meetings for the Bolivian community
• Represented Bolivia in meetings with other Latin American countries to plan participation in
mutual cultural events
• Developed programs to promote cultural awareness and Bolivian heritage
Fun and Exciting
Chauffeur / Security (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 26, 2013
Late nights, crazy hours and being able to drive fast behind secret service. Cool place and very cultural people
Working in the Network Operation Center for the UN HQS in New York
Telecommunications Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 16, 2013
Operations,maintenance and repair of the links in WAN of the United Nations Network.
Part of my work was to be Telecommunications Specialist for the Secretary General of the United Nations during his work abroad.
I learned to find the best solution in a short period of time,in New York or overseas,working for the Network Control Center or during the – more... trips with the Secretary General Delegation. – less
I worked with other colleagues at General Assembly
Desk Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 19, 2013
Pros: worked with the ambassadors
Cons: no fun at all
I worked in various committees at the United Nations. I did some research on certain issues for talks at the UN General Assembly.
Amazing and privileged experience to be a part of.
United Nations International Volunteer Aid Worker (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 14, 2013
I began volunteering for the UN at a very early age. I was 12 years old when I was assigned my first country: Sierra Leona. My responsibility involved fundraisers. Working hard with a team, we have helped to raise over 30,000 dollars as of today for third world countries. The hardest part of the job is to raise the money, but the most enjoyable is that – more... you know you are a part of a greater project than any other, one that involves saving and helping human being across the globe! There is no better feeling when you know you've helped make a difference in a child's life. – less
UN Liaison Officer in UNMIS (SUDAN) (Former Employee), Sudan, TXApril 30, 2013
Pros: living allowances
Cons: no dental insurance
- As UN Military Liaison Officer
Contatcting warring factions representatives.
Receiving high officials and delegations and escort them in all their Visits to mission area according the work plan
Convey all UN confidential documents to Sudanese and SPLA AJMCs members besides,intelligence and police departments LOs.
Reporting all abnormal activities – more... carried out by warring factions.
Receive immediate ceasefire claims.
Liaison with Sudanese civilian authority and non profitable organizations.
Arranging and facilitating procedures of departure and arrival of high delegated officials.
- As UN Military Observer
Attend morning briefing
Conduct the daily patrol (according to the assignment)
Repot the daily situation report to the UNMO team leader
Operate the duty station room and base station
The hardest part of the job:
Nothing significant to be told
The most enjoyable part of the job:
Working at a multinational environment – less
President Reagan appointment
Correspondent (Former Employee), United StatesApril 17, 2013
Pros: presidential appointment
Cons: no salary
Supply "crime prevention" and "control of offender" information to United nations law enforcement entities.
The United Nations Organization is a mult-cultural and internatinal organization with the task of ensuring world peace and security. A great employer
Deputy to the head of section and desk officer (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 31, 2013
Most of my years on this job evolved deployment to high risk countries to provide staff safety and security in the humanitarian and development security operations. The hard part of this job was that it was a 24/7 job, The good part was that it provided very good income and benefits.
Productive and fast-pacing environment with diverse group.
Research Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 22, 2013
Productive and fast-pacing environment with diverse group.
Very dynamic working environment
Policy Adviser (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 18, 2013
-Following the work of the major UN organs
-Attending daily meetings
-Writing reports for the government
-Organizing events
it has been as good jod for me
EOD Deminer and Mine sweeper (Former Employee), Syria, VAMarch 11, 2013
Pros: on contract basis only by un
Cons: na
Ive had been experienced as DE miner and mine sweeper during the time i was deployed as peacekeeper as part of United Nations peacekeeping mission in Golan Heights Israel and Syria, Ive enjoy what am doing there with the help also of other contingent like contingent from Austria,Croatia,India and Japan Peacekeeper.The hardest part of my Job there is – more... when the time you have to recover a landmines and Unexploded Ordnance (UXO) with the used of our knowledge and techniques and render safe procedure. – less
Human Rights
Fordham UN Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 3, 2012
What a great learning experience on an international level. Great networking opportunities and a wealth of information received to bring about change across the world.
funworkplace
Nurse (Former Employee), Manila, P00November 18, 2012
Pros: free snacks
Cons: nice facilities
very challenging, peopel have full cparations pleasing and outsranding achievements
very tough to get a job here
operator (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 8, 2012
Pros: none because you will not get hired
Cons: none because you will not get hired
It is very tough to get a position here unless your great grandfather was a diplomat. A lot of politics and red tape.
The UN Secretariat is a massive bureaucracy run by professional international civil servants. It is a highly structured and rule-driven environment.
Business Analyst and Writer (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 17, 2012
Pros: great benefits for staff. permanent staff have good security.
Cons: difficult to adapt to organization.
The UN Secretariat may not be everyone's cup of tea. It is an interesting place to work because of the international character and the proximity to the General Assembly and Security Council and diplomatic activity.

On the other hand, it is governed by a vast accumulation of resolutions, information circulars, and staff rules. This can make it difficult – more... at times to make change. – less

March 7, 2013

I LIKE WORKING WITH UNITED NATIONS BECAUSE I LIKE BEEN A DIPLOMAT. SECOND, LIFE IS WORTLESS WITHOUT LIVING FOR OTHERS. UN MAKES ONE LEARN MORE ABOUT DIVERSE CULTURE, ETHNICITIES, AS WELL AS RELIGIOUS BACKGRAND.

Social Worker.
Social Worker (Former Employee), PakistanOctober 6, 2012
Pros: met a lot of new people
Cons: n/a
I liked working there, I have no complaints. During the day I had meetings daily with people, if there was any problem with schools, families, hospitals, etc. we report it to our main office and they take care of it.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Analyst assistant (INTERN) (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 30, 2012
The multicultural environment and the constant dialogue regarding international affairs provide the employee to develop a wider perspective from the current global issues. The environment is stimulating for analysis and development of new approaches to contemporary issues.
Working to make a difference
Senior Programme Officer (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 26, 2012
Engaging place to work with colleagues from 193 different countries, working on pressing world problems and solutions
wonderful
Conference Officer, United Nations (Former Employee), viennaSeptember 11, 2012
good place to work! I have learned to work in fast space environment and be able to use my language abilities(speak french, german). The co-workers were very nice and open to share their own experience at the job site.

About United Nations

The United Nations is an international organization founded in 1945 after the Second World War by 51 countries committed to maintaining – Read more