United Nations Employee Reviews

Un ima
IMA (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2016
Good work life balance and good benefits makes it a good place to work

Very casual and good people in the workplace

Highly recommendable
Great Comapny
Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 8, 2016
Huge opportunities to network and gain exposure to different cultures. Also working under a new secretary general was intense yet rewarding.
Great place with people of all walks of life and cultures. The Delegates dining rooms and events are very good.
AV Audio Operator, Event Audio & Video Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2016
Great people to work for. Getting to know many cultures and different people from around the around in one building makes the UN experience unique.
great work environment
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 2, 2016
I really love this working place since people around you are very nice and try to help. I know more about non-profit organizations and understand its mission.
Productive and fun workplace
Special Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bogotá, CUNJanuary 22, 2016
Very hierarchical culture, lots of politics and difficulty to reach top executives. Bureaucratic procedures make execution very slow sometimes. Great co-workers always willing to collaborate and share ideas.
Pros
Remuneration, human talent
Cons
No schedule, available 24/7
I like sport and a ping pong table is part my hoby
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mission in Central Africa RepublicJanuary 17, 2016
I start my career in International arena dealing with people from almost 194 countries with different background and I am open minded and easy going. I always make the best of every situation, I am a Great Team Player. I get the job done in a timely manner.
Good Place to work to get experience
OBIEE Architect / Lead (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2016
I learn a lot in United Nations. Very diversified culture. co-workers are really helpful. Overall nice place to work. Management really good. Food serve in cafeteria is really good. i like it
Very professional
Visa Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2016
Collect passports and issue visas for co-worker.
Answer and made phone calls.
Enter data in computer
The best part of the day is running around getting the visa in the passport before the due date
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Temp job
Both boring and exciting at times
Meeting Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2016
Working as a meeting service assistant, or MSA can be exciting in times, that is when servicing large meetings that include heads of state and foreign ministers. The topics up for discussion include human rights, current global crises (Syrian refugees, Yemen & Syrian Civil War, etc) and climate change which can be intriguing for the international affairs enthusiast. However most of the times working as an MSA can be menial, mundane, and boring. There were some great people to work with, but I would not call it a carer to aspire to.

I did learn the basics of meeting management within the United Nations, the complex method of scheduling, and logistics for meeting services, also more interestingly the positions held by several member states (countries) on certain global issues. A fitting job overall for my current study of international affairs.
Pros
good people, relatively easy work, paid overtime
Cons
boring, long hours at times
productive and creative
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  anyJanuary 5, 2016
moving up and down,most enjoyable is associating with people, newskills, realy intresting, long working periods,very good management
Pros
free lunches
Cons
healthycare
Exciting environment and opportunities to connect with professionals
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2016
The United Nations is a wonderful organization to work for. Although the demands are great, the opportunities to grow and connect with professionals are very good.
Bureaucratic Environment
human resources associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 21, 2015
If you're starting out your career here, only stay for a year or two. The UN is an interesting place, but highly bureaucratic. The skill sets learned within the UN are mostly useful within only the UN. The private sector/corporate world utilize different processes and procedures. The UN is highly political and a hierarchical place; so it's difficult to move up or establish your career quickly. You have to wait at least 18-36 months to make any shifts in positions.
Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
The working condition were very friendly.
Project Engineer. (Former Employee) –  Pakistan South Asia.December 21, 2015
I had Good experience while working for the this company, All of the staff was very co-operative. I had full support from my bosses during my stay with company and their help enabled me to complete the job on time.
fun and educative
Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2015
Always amazed when working with others and what they can bring in the table. I appreciate every moment i take engaging my colleagues at work.
Good Luck Getting Hired
business analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2015
It's very tough to get a business-related position here unless your great grandfather was a diplomat. A lot of politics and red tape. Just a heads-up.

This is a much better job: http://PayTaski.com/?ref=39035
Great place to gain an international background
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New York, New YorkOctober 3, 2015
I believe that the United Nations is one of the best ways to learn international politics and relate with people around the world.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Unpaid
United Nations
Volunteer For Unicef (Former Employee) –  InternatiionalSeptember 27, 2015
Days working for the U.N consisted of helping villages and towns food and aid. i also translated and taught a little english too. this job has a lot of benefits and one of them being the humanitarian benefits.
Productive and got confidence to work with high level individuals.
Administrative Officer,Mission of Bangladesh (Former Employee) –  United Nations, New YorkSeptember 25, 2015
Working in the UN is good and got a lot of experience with the high profile diplomats as well as with high level Ministers from the host country (Bangladesh).
Administrative Assistant/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 4, 2015
Working as a Administrative Assistant/ Receptionist and as a Legal Assistant, I really did learned a lot from my two positions, I worked in a very diverse environment/ where people were very polite, team work oriented, and very caring and i had very nice and reliable co workers,we got along very well . I learned a lot about my work, how to work closer with clients, how to handle hard clients and difficult tasks, how to be very patient and calm to very rude clients, and how to handle heavy load work during very busy days.
Moreover, the most enjoyable part of my job is how we treated and related to each other as far as co workers and most of our clients were very kind and respectful.
Pros
Bonuses at the end of the years.
Cons
Sometimes we had to work on New Years
Wonderful experience
Researcher/Speech Wirter (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 3, 2015
I have gained much experience and knowledge, along with traveling throughout the world.I have grown professionally by being able to branch out on my own through freelance opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Nations. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4