United Nations

United Nations Employer Reviews

No luxuries in Africa, but otherwise a good place to work for.
Air Conditioning and Refridgeration Technician (Former Employee), Loki, Nothern Kenya. Juba and Rumbeck, South SudanFebruary 27, 2012
Pros: everything was free. competitive salary.
Cons: none.
A lot of traveling by air and road, beautiful countries, friendly people. A lot of respect for the work that the United Nations are doing for Africa.
Working at the pinnacle of the world is amazing.
Public Information Officer (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 24, 2012
Working at the UN is like working at every story that you read in the newspaper. You have to deal with people from all over the world and with important global issues.
Team building and relationship trainer /Safety and security manager/Experience with UN
Military observer/Team leader and liaison officer (Former Employee), Eritrea/Ethiopia/GeorgiaDecember 14, 2011
Pros: in charge
Cons: team building and health care, security, supervisor
Rami EREIQAT/Main Experiences
In charge as Business development staff at Challenger team 2011
Experience in Team building training and Adventures around Jordan...etc.
Curriculum development and Training staff /Royal military academy 2008-2010

With UN/Military observer 2006/2008
worked as team leader, train newcomers(UNMOs) the principles and instructions – more... as SOPs, my duties focused on Duty roster , providing assessments and analysis for the mission headquarter, writing daily and weekly assessment of the latest events in the area of responsibility, liaise with the NGOs and peacekeepers operating in the area, participated in formulating the security matrix of UNOMIG to improve the security rules in the mission, reporting in daily, weekly and monthly basis to the HQ regarding the political and security situation in my sector, that’s included a written reports and verbal briefings as well, providing a strategic, military and political analysis concerning the area of interest, Collecting information, processing and producing intelligence, participating with FFT(Fact Finding Team) to follow up and collect the information about any incident , making sure of implement the rules and orders as SOPs in UNOMIG and providing advice for the military side regarding the security and military developments in the area of interest.
Military observer
UN
Anti protest and demonstrations instructor at Royal military academy for cadets’ officers 2005-2006
Operations officer 2002-2005
Dead Sea company commander 2001-2002
Intelligence officer 1998-2001
Peace keeping and liaison officer in ERITREA/Ethiopia in 2000. – less
Very Professional Organisation with Scope and work ethics.
Crossing Point Monitor Team Leader (Former Employee), Former Yugoslavia-Sizak-CPNovember 28, 2011
Pros: crossing point monitor team leader-sizak-cp
Cons: all un contractors benefits.
During my tour in Former Yugoslavia as a Crossing Point Monitor Team Leader,i was deligated to a Denmark Military Unit,they were very supportive towards my needs,in Crossingpoints,the Serbian Troops that time were very unstable for negosiations and sometimes agrivated towards UN Convoy movements,and with the cooperation of Denmark(DANBAT) i could manage – more... easily. – less
The UN from afar
Sr. Field Operations Officer (Former Employee), Washington D.C.September 9, 2011
I had a great run with The United Nations, the job took me in an complete different direction in which I thought my life would go, but I would not change it for anything. The people you get to meet and interact with, the cultures that you are exposed to, being a military brat and born overseas I was lucky to be exposed to a lot of different places and – more... customs, but for those of you who have not had the fortune to do so, working for the UN in any capacity is by far a whole new experience. – less
I like security guard work because it needs too much attention to details as will as wisdom patience mental and physical alertness
pharmacist (Former Employee), lebanonApril 1, 2014
Cons: interesting and much joy
a typical day is a day when I reach my work site a little bit earlier to have some time to discuss with my college in the previous shift about the problems that I may face, Smoothly solve any problem may appear, learn something new from senior co-workers, manage all situations properly and in safe way,
The hardest and most enjoyable part in security – more... guard job is the ability to protect the property of the employer with involving my self in the risk. – less
An former international civil servant working for peace and security globally
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 10, 2014
Working in a multicultural setting was a very enriching experience. My focus on a team effort towards the organizational's goals was rewarding.
i have great experiance
Instructor of Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (Current Employee), srilankaMarch 1, 2014
Pros: free vechiles
Cons: long hours
i have nice experiance also i learned new things..i was a instructor in that company
WORKING
Art Collection Manager (Former Employee), Genève, GEFebruary 26, 2014
I have just moved to London from Geneva for family-related reasons and to enhance my work experiences in a new foreign country.

In Geneva, I have been working for the United Nations as Art Collection Manager, with the main duties of organising and managing all the activities (inventory, conservation, documentation, dressing/exposition and ceremony – more... events planning for 2200 art-works).

Before that, I had been working in Torino, my home city, for the Italian Culture Ministry as Warehouse manager and Communication Assistant in charge of the logistics and conservation of the Italian Sacred Art paintings (from the XV century to XX century) in Racconigi Castle (Unesco Heritage).

My second passion is for the jewelry sector. I’m a jewelry advisor for friends and private customers, in my free time. I follow the jewelry auction where I buy the objects. I know the new fashion tendencies and when it’s possible the sector’s fairs.

I’m flexible, organized, I’ve good negotiation skills and the ability to handle sensitive situations with diplomacy and also the ability to stay calm under pressure and manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
For me, the attention to detail is essential like the great taste.
Please note that I would be able to begin full or part time, immediately. My enclosed CV details my skills and experience. – less
Global Organisation which requires innovative thinking to address complex issues
Risk Management Officer (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 6, 2014
Diverse environment offering the opportunity to deal with complex, real world, global issues.
Great platform
Controller assistant intern (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 15, 2013
Huge institute.
Friendly co-workers.
Job rotation.
Productive office.
A workplae one of a kind
Trainee, Fifth Committee (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: multicultural
Cons: long hours, stressful
As a trainee to the European Union Delegation to the United Nations, I worked in a team within the Fifth Committee which participates in budget-related issues of the UN on behalf of the EU. I handled highly sensitive information, I analyzed the reports of the oversight bodies and the UN, and I created briefs which were used by the Member States during – more... the consideration of financial matters. I organized coordination meetings and briefings and I directly participated in budget negotiations. I also supported the EU team by fulfilling various administrative tasks. I believe that this experience gave me an insight in negotiation and communication strategies and exposed me to the decision-making process within the EU. Moreover, the experience reinforced my attention to detail, further strengthened my analytical skills and exposed me to the process of reading, writing and summarizing various financial reports. – less
I enjoy very much my work place environment
Local Security Assistant-United Nations (UNDSS) (Former Employee), Eastern Province , Sri LankaJuly 22, 2013
General Responsibilities:
The LSA is responsible for assisting the ASC and FSCO in the execution of his/her security responsibilities at the assigned duty station.

a) Maintaining & Monitoring the Security Plan, including updating staff lists & Clerical Administration;
b)Implementing the security plan such as the warden system, emergency procedures, – more... evacuation drills, maintaining communication to from UN staff and other role players, ensure the SOP's in the event of various incidences are followed,
c) Monitoring the status and compliance of the Minimum Operational Security Standards (MOSS) and MORSS.
d) Assessing the security situation at the duty station;
e) Identifying Emergency Communications equipment needs (MISTS);
f) Conducting security evaluations and providing advice on security measures for the residences of UN staff and UN offices in consultation with the FSCO;
g) Providing UN staff with the security tree & warden system information flow (SMS, e-mails etc);
h) Supporting training courses on security issues/awareness and preparedness;
i) As a member of the ASMT take the minutes and follow through implementation with the ASC/FSCO;
j) Identify security requirements;
k) Send daily and other routine and incident reports as per prescribed working procedures to DSS in Colombo and the FSCO;
l) Liaising and coordinating with the local government security organizations as a secondary priority to the above;
m) Other security tasks assigned by the ASC or FSCO;
n) Supervise EOC staffs & functions. – less
productive and enjoyable
Personnel Secretary (Former Employee), JordanJune 3, 2013
I have learned and gained office based skills and hands on people, building good working relationships with people and departments.
So much fun and the salary was really good
Interpreter and Translator (Former Employee), New york/HaitiOctober 31, 2012
Pros: free lunches, breakfast and dinner
Cons: certain things
Translate documents and Interpreting, receiving local people
I learn how to be a good soldier
Nothing to reproach
Some of my co-workers were very down to earth and enjoyable to work with
Hardest part was when I had to go to red zones....
Most enjoyable was all the privileges i had
cleaner,house keeping,kitchen porther,warehouse,picker and packer,security
Language assistant (Former Employee), UNMIT East TimorOctober 16, 2012
Pros: 1 hours meal break
Cons: if there serious case or police check point for the vehicle
I have 3 type of shift like early shift from 0700-1500 hrs,late shift 1500-2300 hrs,night shift 2300-0700 hrs, i have improve my computer skill ,and police job like how to arrest the suspect, attending some crime case,for the management is done well,I have good relationship with my co-workers we working as a team we help each other.night shift is the – more... hardest part is night shift,the mos enjoyable of the job is when I am busy doing translation for the UNPOL and also conducting Patrolling with the Police – less
Example: Productive and fun workplace
Procurement Asst (OIC) (Former Employee), Dubai, Kosovo, Sierra Leone, and SudanAugust 4, 2012
Pros: example: free lunches
Cons: example: long hours
Procure goods and services required by the mission in a competent, operationally-effective, efficient and timely manner, in accordance with UN procurement and financial rules, and internally-issued Procurement Guidelines.

1.1 Timely and efficient processing of high-quality solicitations for all assigned services and commodities.

1.2 Achieve and maintain – more... positive working dialog with Requisitioners and Vendors, thereby promoting efficient and cost-effective procurement in the best interests of the organization. In general, always strive to promote and ensure transparency, objectivity and integrity in all procurement-related actions.

1.3 Verify award recommendations made by Buyers to ensure that they are in accordance with UN procurement/financial rules and are made correctly and in the best interests of the organization.

1`4 Establish personal monitoring tools to enable efficient monitoring of status of assigned cases, ensuring continual progress and timely actions where required (e.g. updated status of on-going cases, updated delivery status, updated status of contract expiry dates).

1.5 Assist with the clearance of unliquidated obligations as early as it is possible to do so within the current FY.

1.6 Increase in outsourcing/contracted services; quantitative reduction in cases overall

1.7 Maintain quality procurement documentation/standard logs, according to UN procurement rules and internally-issued Procurement Guidelines.

1.8 Periodically review Buyer case files to ensure they tell a complete story, reflect proper procedures and are maintained in line with Procurement Guidelines.

1.9 Contribute to maintenance of all relevent logs used to monitor/record Section/Unit activities, as required (including but not limited to contracts log, status of requisitions).

1.10: Improve customer service and client-orientation.

1.11 Maintain a schedule of regular meetings with clients to facilitate better and timely communication and problem solving

1.12 Ensure that queries are acknowledged and/or responded to within two working days of receipt, whether from internal clients, external agencies, or vendors. – less
Contract editorial work
Freelance sub-editor (Former Employee), LondonJuly 24, 2012
This was a freelance contract, arranged by an agency, for the UN about clothing enterprises in the Third World and how they operate. I had to confirm to strict UN house rules in copy-editing regarding countries' names and their leaders' names - quite politically correct and detailed with a strict House Style sheet. The work was sent to me to work on – more... at home, with a deadline, in a series of Word Documents. I did not have a great degree of freedom in editing the text as my job was to ensure all the copy was consistent in style i.e. bullet points in lower case, subheads in bold with secondary headings in italics. It was neither hard nor enjoyable - boring for the most part and not that well paid either. – less
Environnement de travail agreable
Record Management (Individual Contract) (Former Employee), Port-au-prince HTFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: on donnait une somme d argent a part pour votre nourriture
Cons: on ne paie pas les heures supplémentaires pour les employés du département de marketing
une grande compagnie internationale dans différents pays du monde. offrant beaucoup davantage sociaux. une compagnie de téléphonie mobile dans plus de 34 pays dans la caraïbe.
Hayat
intership (Former Employee), AfganistanSeptember 17, 2013
Birlesmis Milletler icin sadece Hayat yazabilirim. Aldiginiz nefesin bile degerini hissetmenizi sagliyor buradaki ögrendikleriniz.

About United Nations

The United Nations is an international organization founded in 1945 after the Second World War by 51 countries committed to maintaining – Read more