United Natural Foods Inc.

United Natural Foods Inc. Employer Reviews

It had a lot of perks as far as getting discounts at the company store and a very laid back atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Aurora, COMay 23, 2014
I enjoyed all my co-workers, and the freedom the company gave us as far as what we an wear. The management and the systems need some updating, they were not always on the same page and it was frustrating at times.
Just a paycheck
Grocery Selector (Former Employee), Atlanta, Ga.April 10, 2014
Pros: decent paycheck
Cons: long hours, physically tiring, no advancement
If you are applying to this job PLEASE do not expect advancement and an extensive social lifestyle. Hours are long especially when the workload is heavy. Management could careless of how hard you work each day. This job is strictly for a paycheck. Just a stepping stone to something better.
If you are applying, dont work here.
Driver CDL (Former Employee), Auburn,WAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: pay is competitive. benefits ok.
Cons: long hrs, every problem is hung on driver, not operations. schedules are "punishing".
UNFI has grown by buying out many former independently owed companies across the U.S. and Canada. I work as a driver for years and the strike of 2012-2013 turned mgmnt @ this location vindictive and cold towards everyone. Even pre-strike it wasnt a great envirinment, but post strike it's almost unbearable. Mgrs increased work loads on drivers by cutting – more... routes and consolidating customers by giving big corp. accts priority and ignoring "Mom and Pops" who were the backbone of the company. Mgrs say they have an open door, but no matter what the issue, you wont get a good, clear answer. Often it seems they fix things that arent broken. Very micro-managed by self important office workers who look down on Drivers. – less
cruel workplace
Dry Grocery selector (Current Employee), Auburn, WADecember 12, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: injuries, slave like work, 16 hour days, etc.
You are treated like slaves here. There is no advancement. No crosstraining. You work 16 hours a day. Are held to an unrealistic production standard. Injuries are extremely common. Always people on light duty because of that. Pay might be good but you'd be better off poor and happy rather than worked like this. No appreciation whatsoever. I've worked – more... here for 2 years and am constantly looking for a way out. I don't recommend this place or wish it upon my worst enemy. Stay away!! – less
One of the worst jobs I ever had
Inside Sales (Former Employee), Aurora, CONovember 14, 2013
Pros: employee discounts, benefits
Cons: morale, verbally abusive management
The morale was terrible at this company. Multiple people around me were fired for minor errors, often not even their fault. You're considered "on call" on your days off, whether you want to be or not, no matter what you have going on. The managers were verbally abusive. Employees have to provide proof of everything. If it's election day, you'd better – more... hope your polling place is one of the few that gives you an "I Voted" sticker, or they won't believe you. If you're sick, you're expected to have a doctor's note, even though most people don't go to the doctor every single time they're ill, because it's a waste of money. Someone I worked with was forced to go to the ER one day when she was sick, or face being written up.

I would not wish this employer on my worst enemy. – less
Productive place to work
Grocery Selector (Former Employee), Auburn, WAMarch 7, 2013
Pros: work enviornment
Cons: laid me off
Loved every bit of it. Pushed me to become a hard worker. Great co-workers and just overall fun place to work.
A great work place with awesome benefits
Order Selector (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAAugust 28, 2012
Pros: benefits upon first day of work. company picnics. company discounts.
This company really takes good care of their employees. From your first day of work, the management team helps their employees be the best at their job while providing them with the best benefits and other programs that they have. They make work fun and made everyday at work a good day. they are very positive.