United Natural Foods

United Natural Foods Employer Reviews

i felt like i was part of of a team there. i had a great working relationship with my coworkers . worked alot of hours.
Lead in productivity and attendance (Former Employee), Moreno Valley CalifNovember 19, 2014
Pros: im willing to help everybody learn and grow as a family.
Im a team player. willing to learn new things willing to be part of a team and learn help the company grow. As u can see i have a lot of qualifications and experience.
easy work
Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 13, 2014
this is my favorite job i was a great selector i feel like i shoudve stayed here great pay and great people
Management has poor agenda toward safety.
SAFETY / LOSS PREVENTION / MAINTENANCE MANAGER (Current Employee), Lancaster, TXOctober 23, 2014
Pros: good benefits and the associate co-op
Cons: you can get fired when management takes away your support, and your expected to perform two completely different jobs with only yourself.
I work worked for this company for a year and a good portion of the time I enjoyed it. However, upper management only cares about the financials and drive impossible deliverables to the facility staff and terminates staff for not being able to do two job roles at the same time.
Shipping Manager (Current Employee), dayville CtOctober 8, 2014
Great group of Fllor associates as well as Middle Management
No job security
Certified Forklift Operator - Sit Down/Stand-Up (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 3, 2014
Pros: free food sometimes
Cons: health care not good, pay is horrible for the amount of work
Company is not truthful about incentive pay. Work is too hard for the incentive and it is a joke when you do get it.
Fast pace environment. Some good and bad days
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Greenwood, INAugust 25, 2014
A productive day everyday in repack. Some early day and late nights.
Good work environment, long hours during peak
Repack selector (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLJuly 25, 2014
Pros: great location
Cons: long hours
Select product for Whole foods and surrounding natural food stores.
I have learned how to deal with long hours during the spike in sales during the winter months, and push through it. I have learned many key things about safety and loss prevention.
Progressive company with knowledgable employees
Space Analyst (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCMay 25, 2014
Pros: laptop provided, caliper provided, great benefits
I had an extremely satisfying career with UNFI. I enjoyed my position because it was challenging yet rewarding. My team was knowledge, professional, and genuine.
Very fast paced environment
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAMay 23, 2014
The workplace always has new hires present replacing others no longer with the company.
A little wild, a great sense of accomplishment
Level 3 Tech Support (Former Employee), Rocklin, CAMay 15, 2014
Pros: the people (and the varied work environment - office, warehouse, remote).
Cons: the occasional 18+ hour day, little spare time for long-term projects
The typical workday at UNFI for site technicians started with updates on projects and larger-scale issues, a quick review of the night's activities and the day's schedule, and a mad dash to fit break-fix issues in with projects, executive and remote sales needs, planning and arranging with contractors and vendors for service, upgrades, and ongoing large-scale – more... projects.

After, that, lunch. The days could be quite full. I of course learned to handle many new technologies, from a warehouse full of handhelds and equipment-mounted devices, to large MHE systems and methods for dealing with everyday computer and printer support, but the most important thing I learned in an environment like that is juggling. It's not just a question of prioritizing, which is important, it's a question of communicating. The first "pressure-release valve" on a troublesome support issue of often knowing help is on the way. Luckily, the people I worked with made that easy.

The management at UNFI I will have to deal with in two halves - IT and general. The IT management team was mostly remote but kept in touch regularly with all the techs at the sites and in the field (and techs sometimes traveled as well, partly for familiarity with new systems and cross-training). Systems for keeping the chain of command informed of events and potential downstream consequences were constantly evolving - it was an exciting time. Schedules were hectic, but IT management made sure to keep in touch and made it known someone was available at pretty much any hour for backing the techs up, or providing authority for purchases or IT decisions. I always felt like help was nearby.

Our location had a number of executives, and they were a pleasure to work with. Though their needs and schedules could be demanding, they were pleasant, professional, and cheerful. That attitude definitely rolled downhill, the staff in general were, despite sometimes demanding work, more glad to see help arrived than angered by the issue. We were lucky to have a good team to keep on top of the minor issues and keep the major projects going, but the attitude and knowledge of the 700 or so souls at the site, more than anything else, kept things running smoothly.

The hardest part of the job, apart from the occasional 18-hour day or surprise travel, was the fact that certain projects of lower priority had to be put off or even "wired around," if they or the solution did not affect day-to-day operations, and that certain larger projects could not be completed (or even started) before I left. It is hard to leave work unfinished.

The most enjoyable parts of the job were my co-workers. Memorable, great times from the simplest of tasks or larger projects to "lunch teams" meeting when our schedules worked out. One of the best parts of being in tech support is meeting and seeing just about everyone in the company - the singer, the part-time auto racer, the world traveler... the senses of humor, the stories, and the energy people bring to a place make it unique, and everyone there has something to teach you. – less
long hours, no life, split days off
Order Selector (Former Employee), moreno valley caApril 30, 2014
longs hours. no life always working overtime. no management control
Jr. Siebel Analytics Developer
Jr. Siebel Analytics Developer (Former Employee), Providence, RIApril 7, 2014
• Gathered Requirements and created functional specifications documents
• Created detailed design documentation
• Extended all 3 layers (Physical, Business and Presentation) of rpd for the financial data model
• Enhanced existing Business Models & created customized Dashboards
• Implemented measures & dimensions and organized the data into related subject – more... areas
• Customized and developed repository, configured metadata objects (Subject Area, Table, Column) and Web Catalog Objects (Dashboard, Pages, Folders, Reports)
• Configured iBots to deliver analytics content based on schedule, automated iBot queries to obtain weekly reports & sent notifications Alerts to Managers
• Created hierarchy based Sales Card Dashboards for different Business units and end users
• Worked on subject areas like Finance, Inventory Procurement etc.
• Assisted in migration of project from Test to Production, troubleshoot and resolved issues
• Configured existing dashboards, metadata objects and report level security to set up position based functional dashboard access
• Environment: Siebel Analytics 7.8.4, Siebel (Admin Tool & Analytics Web - Answers, Dashboard), Informatica Power Center 6.1, MS-SQL Server 2000, Windows, Teradata – less
Bad management
Reach Truck Operator (Former Employee), Greenwood, INApril 6, 2014
Pros: incentive
Cons: horrible management
Not organized or ready for customer orders.
Bad turn over rate.
Supervisors were not on the same page as eachother.
a nice productive place to work at
Material handler (Former Employee), York, PAMarch 22, 2014
i enjoyed every second i spent working for them, and i enjoyed a lot more helping people
Growing fast changing company
HR MANAGER (Former Employee), Palm Harbor, FLFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: profit increase, environmentally consciouss, culturally driven
UNFI is an incredible company that is growing and consistently changing to be a company that represents the product they carry. UNFI strives to focus on internal culture, sustainability, and philanthropic initiatives.
It was a fun experience for my first job and it taught me how warehouses run and what the work is like in them.
Cooler/Freezer/Grocery Selector (Former Employee), York, PAOctober 30, 2013
Pros: free trips, events, free food, friends
Cons: short breaks, a lot of overtime, fatigue
My days at UNFI were usually 9 to 10 hours long. Everything was organized and the production was well. The people I worked with taught me how to work in there and how I could get better if I just tried. The hardest part of the job was trying to deal with out of stocks. The out of stocks would slow me down and kill some of my rate. The most enjoyable – more... part of my job was bonding with the people around me. That helped build motivation for me when ever the day was just not right. – less
Always under general supervision , but enjoy my position with the company .
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 7, 2013
Pros: the pros for me was becoming a permanent worker
Cons: the cons for me was when the company relocated to another area, unfortunately i wasn't able to relocate .
A typical day at work would be assisting in all areas, working for this company was much appreciated with much respect because you was train in all areas, so that itself gave you the opportunity to learn and grow . Management was fair to me, if you were willing to carry your load a long with quality work you would excel . I never had a problem with – more... any of my co-workers in believe it or not we had 3 shifts. The hardest job for me was, learning to operate the cherry-picker, picking orders from a very high level , but I learn to adapt to a new situation ,and begin to love it to much . The most enjoyable part was pulling all the orders in a timely manner , somewhat of being competitive in a good sportsmanship way . – less
Good benefits,long hours
Order Puller (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 28, 2013
Good Benefits,But we can work up to 16 hours in one day,no set time to get off.Sure we get three days off but you be too tired to spend time with your family.
One of the best places to work at!
Technical Project Manager (Current Employee), Providence, RISeptember 4, 2013
Pros: opportunity to work as a team, diligence, resillience.
Cons: have to work real hard, no heaven on earth.
Candid and diligent team work can not bring anything but success!
UNFI
Senior Pricing Coordinator (Current Employee), Chesterfield, NHSeptember 4, 2013
Its a decent place to work but the pay could be better. Work lifestyle is okay - sometimes under-appreciated but the benefits are a plus.

1 2 3

About United Natural Foods

Distribution is second nature for United Natural Foods, Inc. (UNFI). The company is one of the top wholesale distributors of natural, – Read more