United Parcel Service, Inc

United Parcel Service, Inc Employer Reviews

You do not make 170 a DAY as a Package Handler with 3-4 HRS a day
Package Handler/Debagger (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 20, 2015
You do not make 170 a DAY as a Package Handler with 3-4 HRS a day.

They do offer overtime if you're lucky, after you wait an hour after your normal shift that they don't just say "oh yeah we don't need you anymore today...go home."
Company hesitant to change and adapt
QA Analyst Internship / Co-op (Former Employee), Paramus, NJFebruary 10, 2015
- Work is manageable but picks up during peak seasons
- Managers are demanding
- No incentivizes to perform
- No corporate culture
Larger company with excellent benefits and salary
IT Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: excellent in-house training and management
Cons: n/a
• Assisted Project Managers with agendas, meetings, and minutes.
• Followed up on action items, issues and risks.
• Followed up with team members to obtain task status and update project plans.
• Monitored the status and progress of each project to help ensure that the project is successfully completed on-time.
• Held weekly status meetings with project teams to discuss the production schedule and any issues or questions that need to be addressed.
• Communicated with clients directly (via email and phone) for any questions that needed to be answered.
• Created and maintained a positive and effective relationship with customers, employing active listening and demonstrating customer empathy to ensure our customer's expectations are met.
• Coordinated vendor support.
Short, productive shifts.
Hub Supervisor (Current Employee), Stratford, CTOctober 29, 2014
Pros: full benefits if you have a family
Cons: not enough hours, weak pay
Once you get into a set routine, it is an easy place to work. People are typically friendly and some do what is expected of them. Hardest part of the job is the heavy workflow and inconsistency of the workers.
always busy and something to do
Ramp Manager (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKOctober 18, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: union
amazing benefits, lots of room for growth with the company
can move within the company
Good company but large size is often frustrating
Procurement Intern (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GASeptember 25, 2014
UPS is a great brand with fair pay and good management. However, the large size of the company and the countless departments often make it difficult to communicate across divisions. There is a large disconnect between corporate employees and those in the distribution centers/drivers.
Very respectful and professional work environment
Package Handler/ Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Chula Vista, CASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: great benefits and a comparable amount of pay.
Cons: very hard to get promoted
I currently work Part-Time from the hours of 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. I supervise a critical area that involves loading high profile, next day air packages onto a trailer that departs for the airport so that those packages can fly out that same night. I've learned how to manage all different kinds of personalities and have been the lead supervisor among my peers for the last four years. The hardest part of my job probably consists of acquiring people to fill in for those that call in sick. My specific operation starts before other operations do and it can sometimes be difficult to have an employee cover for one that has called in sick. The most enjoyable part of the job has been meeting all different sorts of people. We are constantly hiring new employees and sometimes I have to do the training. It's always a nice feeling when I train an employee and they are able to perform the task on their own without any supervision. It makes me feel proud as a supervisor. I like my job at UPS, but with only part-time work and UPS not particularly promoting at this time, I need to find a way to obtain a full-time job/career.
It is a long term job
Safety Compliance Supervisor (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAJune 23, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: harsh work environment
Physically demanding job. Must put time in before making any decent money and have benefits
UPS Employment
Full time service provider (Former Employee), Sierra Vista, AZApril 10, 2014
UPS is a great company to work for and make a career of it. My time at UPS I learn a lot of skills.
Fun Workplace
Telecom Eng. & Technology Support Specialist (Former Employee), Carolina, PRJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: flexibility and time management
Cons: do not offer transfers to other offices or states
It is a typical 9 - 5 job, where I learned to collaborate with co-workers worldwide. My management team was very good, especially my immediate supervisor. I got along great with my co-workers and we all helped each other out when needed. The hardest part of the job was that it was more of an administrative job and I am more of a technical person. The most enjoyable part was the flexibility if gave me to balance work and family life.
Productive and helpful work environment
Audit Intern, Internal Audit (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 12, 2013
The work environment is excellent. I enjoyed the activities I did.
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Menlo Park, CAJuly 22, 2013
Strategic Account Management and active business development of new Enterprise level customers.
Great Company to work for excellent start to an oppurtunity
OPERATIONS AND LOGISTICS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Saddle Brook, NJJuly 6, 2013
Pros: weekends off, health benefits, salary
Cons: extremely stressful
I began working for this company about 9 years ago started out as a package handler collaborating with a team of hardworking individuals. After 9 months I stated my interest in a managerial role and that I was currently attending College to improve my skills. Within a month of speaking out my intentions I was promoted to a front-line operations supervisor. The hours and responsibilities were intense, as an operations supervisor at UPS my duties centered on ensuring that there is cohesiveness within the UPS operation at a specific location.My responsibilities included making sure that the all departments are meeting quality standards, implementing programs that will improve worker confidence and ability and ensuring that safety regulations are followed. Operations supervisors can also assist in the hiring process by helping to select the best candidates. I would recommend this job to anyone starting out because it has taught me the value of hard work, teamwork and leadership.
Fast paced, friendly atmosphere
Delivery Truck Loader, part-time, permanent (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAJune 26, 2013
Pros: good wages and benefits for full-time, permanent employees
Cons: begin as part-time worker, low turnover results in lenghty delay for full-time positions.
Load delivery trucks with parcels for efficient, systematic delivery.

Highly efficient operation with few wasted motions.

Co-workers are primarily college students.

Completing work assignments on time and as directed results in a feeling of accomplishment.
Dreaming of packages
Supervisor (Former Employee), South San Francisco, CAMay 31, 2013
Pros: great company to work for
Cons: letting it all go
Package after package, was just I mostly saw everyday of my job. But all those packages had a story to tell. A muffler going onto a restored car, a gift to a child, or an important document that need to be signed. Behind each of these stories was all about servicing our customers. I learned so much from this company that I would not have learned any where else. I gain skills that I am proud to say that UPS gave me in returned of my employment. A manager can make a big difference on how far you want to go in your career. I enjoyed working with my co-workers, because we were a ups family, the upsers.
Position for Road Driver Not as Advertised
Road Driver (Former Employee), Newburg,NYMay 2, 2013
Pros: benefits, pay
Cons: dishonest job description.
This review applies to UPS Freight. Their Ad for Road Driver does not mention that you may spend several hours per night working the dock stripping trailers. This is due to the fact that, as a junior, driver you will be required to cover Hub runs, when, other drivers are off for the night, or, on vacation.
On a Hub run you will drive a couple hours, then, arrive at the hub, break down your set, then, work the dock for the rest of the night stripping trailers. When done on the dock you will hook your set to return to your home domicile.
You will be paid mileage while driving and hourly while on the dock.
Loader (Former Employee), Burtonsville, MDFebruary 21, 2013
Sign in work 4hours then leave. I worked in a truck loading packages wasn't much time to interact with co-workers.
Fast paced environment.
Unload Supervisor (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXDecember 14, 2012
Pros: fast paced.
Cons: little room for advancement, poor compensation.
Fast paced environment working with a good team. Very poor compensation with few raises. Advancement opportunities were rare.
physically demanding with low pay and hard hours ie 3am start time
Package Handler (Current Employee), Oakland, CANovember 27, 2012
Pros: love using machinary
Cons: low pay
UPs is a fast paced work environment. There will be a lot of confusion with supervisors when peak season hits. I like the job because i get to use machinary to assist with loading packages onto planes. Working at the airport is much better than working at the hub because you get more freedom and you are working outdoors. Meet the right people and they will have your back. There are cliques but most people are cool to talk to. I love being outdoors and working around planes.
fast pace work place
Package Handler (Current Employee), Ontario, CAJuly 19, 2012
Pros: amazing benifits
Cons: takes forever to become full time
i enjoy working for UPS but i need full time work, its perfect if you are a stundent it would be a perfect job for you and they also pay for your schooling

About United Parcel Service, Inc

United Parcel Service, Inc. (UPS) is a package delivery company. The Company delivers packages each business day for 1.8 million – Read more

United Parcel Service, Inc Photos