United Personnel Employee Reviews in United States

to big for its britches
Bank Client Specialist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 9, 2016
A company more interested in money than its supposed core values. They lie to their customers to get them to open accounts and tell them it's overdraft protection...Lies upon lies and I couldn't bare to work in such a place who treated their customers this way.
company doesnt work with employee
Work hand (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 28, 2016
different job every week
no security to being permanent or having benefits
learn different task due to different work every week
didn't get familiar with co workers
good advantage not bored cause you do something different
Good companies with benefits
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee) –  SpringfieldAugust 12, 2015
United Personnel offers employment with different companies like Yankee Candle or Performance Food Group which have good benefits and opportunities for advancement, but the starting pay rate is not reasonable at all.
Pros
Chance for advancement
Cons
Low pay rates
excellent work atmosphere
Assembler (Current Employee) –  North Adams, MAMay 1, 2015
United Personnel cares for the clients that work for them. They are willing to work with you when there are problems. You get to learn all kinds of areas of expertise depending on where you work for United.
Pros
excellent staff
Cons
periods of shut downs
I enjoyed going to work each and everyday. I learned a great deal.
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 21, 2014
I worked for Citi and its subsidiaries-for 13 years and enjoyed every day until the time came for consolidation in 2008. I learned a great deal, I had great management that took the time for training and the chance to work very independently and allow me to make decisions for myself and my staff. The opportunity and the trust put in me was very rewarding and gave me more confidence in myself than I ever had. I was truly sadden by the closing of the branch. I am still very much in touch with a co worker as well as my direct supervisor.
Pros
gained experience-confidence and life long relationships
Cons
the closing of a great branch
not good pay and demanding
order selector (Current Employee) –  South Deerfield, MAOctober 16, 2014
the people at yankee candle were great and helpful they take good care of there employees had a great time with fellow coworkers
Gift Baskets at Yankee Candle
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 9, 2014
Arrange gift baskets for internet orders and the Yankee Candle Store.
Clearing guns
Guns (fire arms) clearing technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 28, 2014
It was great to be working doing this type of work but even when I haven't miss a day , being late or sick, I was going to layoff when there's others that has miss many days, being late many times and don't have recommendation e-mail from supervisor like I do, for other positions, they get to stay. So kind of dis appointed with the situation. This happens while being assigned to The Smith & Wesson Comp. in Springfield,MA. Were I'm still working but in another department now (assembly), witch I don't really enjoy. It was that department or the layoff.
Pros
they will find a job for you
Cons
in order to be elegible for vac. you have to work 1, 800 hours.
Productive work environment with generous work incentives
Window Inspector (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 24, 2013
I learned how to operate various wrapping machinery. I was also taught how to scan windows to make sure all parts need were in place. My co workers were self motivated individuals ,go getters. they taught me a lot
Got me positions when no other company was successful!
business manager- part time (Current Employee) –  Spfld, MAJuly 31, 2013
When I had trouble with the timecard system, they called me immediately and corrected the problem. Every time it happened!

They went out of their way to place me, a changing careers older person with a lot of integrity. They seem to get the better employers that are looking for quality employees. No game playing with maybe temp to hire when its really a maternity fill-in position.

They worked for me and I joined 7 different agencies.
internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 19, 2013
I interned at United Personnel it was a very educational experience learning a new computer systems. As well as meeting new co-workers.
Pros
meeting new people
Good place to temp through
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 3, 2013
Recruiters work very hard to place you in a good job. They call and ask if you are interested in certain positions.
Decent work but no security or advancement.
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 20, 2013
Factory work, relatively easy, but many layoffs, no room for advancement. Very dangerous. I worked the night shift, which was also very difficult.
Pros
easy work
Cons
low pay, far travel
Temporary job with no permanance
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 15, 2012
This is a temporary job with no propect of being hired fulltime. I am being paid much less than those that work for Yankee Candle. I do not want to get stuck working for a temporary job company. I would like a full time job that I am fully vested in.
not the best temp agency I've worked for
Appeals Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 26, 2012
I worked through United Personnel at Baystate Physician's Billing Office. Baystate at the time decided to fire me based on bumper stickers that I had on my personal vehicle. The vehicle never went into work with my, and they in no way affected my job abilities. That was my sense of humor outside of work.
Pros
good cafeteria
Cons
uptight people with no sense of humor

2.8