United Personnel Employee Reviews

Not bad
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, MAMay 12, 2017
Pay could be better, but they put you to work right away with opportunities to get hired on permanently at locations after 3 months. Overall what you would expect from a decent temp agency.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Pay
a good please for progress
Machine Operator 1 (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 10, 2017
I love work there and i love operate the machines. Some ones are heavy and hard but i handled realy nice. I love my job. I learn if i belive in me i can
Hard-working and dependable with 7+ years of combine experience in manufacturing, landscaping and general maintance.
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 21, 2017
I have work for United Personnel for a year and I did relly good. They always treated me and everyone with the upmost respect. I would love to work for them again. And they also have good things about me concerning how hard I work.
Pros
Pay for my lunches
Cons
Health care
Temporary Worker
Temporary Worker / Kitter (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAMarch 23, 2017
Great place to work with
finds jobs I like to do
finds jobs close to me
works with me if there is any problems
dont like that there isnt any vacation time
Pros
finds positions that fit my needs
Cons
no vacations
Lack of work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicopee, MAJanuary 17, 2017
Work is not consistant. Alot of things are last minute. I perfer a set schedule so i can have time to manage my home life as well as my work life. I believe a schedule is bery important.
Good idea but not what I expected
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 13, 2017
Organization has been around for many years, but it has high turnover. It's too bad because employees leave for companies that recognize longevity and employee development.
Tempoary
Pallet Builder (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, MAJanuary 9, 2017
A typical day at Yankee Candle starts by getting there on time. Then you meet your shift crew at the back of the facility, stretch have a small meeting on how the day will go and last but not least start working.
Job Placement was great!
Shift Lead 5A (Current Employee) –  Whately, MANovember 29, 2016
Individual management was less than desirable in treatment of employees. The hardest part of the job was being forced to let go of quality employees just because upper management did not like them.
Pros
Bonus, Lots of overtime
Cons
No room for advancement
Short Time working there Great Experience
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 23, 2016
I have worked at United Personnel for a very short time but have loved every minute. The people internally are great, hard working, strong and dedicated people. They have a drive to help applicants in anyway they can. Management is very involved in the day to day aspects which is not typical in most companies and they really care about the success of their employees. My favorite part of the job is getting great people to work, We all individually work hard to create success for as many people as we possibly can, sometimes that faces its own challenges but in the end everyone gets through it. The hardest part of the job is really not being able to help someone for whatever the reason is. A typical day at work is meetings, phone calls, sourcing and going through resumes online, responded to responses received, Interviews, Attending Job Fairs, Personal Connections with Applicants, Updates and laughs with co workers.
I have learned about different industries, different types of jobs I had no knowledge of and had only heard of previously, they taught me another level of respect, they taught me that management isn't just management they are head first into the job.
Pros
Pay, benefits, people
Cons
not being able to help everyone
Busy, time flies
Staffing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 20, 2016
There is no such thing as a typical day @ United Personnel. Each day is different from the next. I meet great people and match the candidate to the jobs. I have developed wonderful relationships with my clients and I enjoy my work.

I work with a great group of consultants, just when I think we are not going to be able to get a job filled, we somehow get it done.

The hardest part of my job, balancing all the moving parts. Unlike any other business, in staffing, you have clients, candidates, and management to perform well for.

The most rewarding aspect of my job is when I place a candidate in a job and they succeed. This can be life changing for both the company they are placed with and the candidate.
Pros
Parking is paid for
Cons
short break, small company, and no matching of 401K contributions
to big for its britches
Bank Client Specialist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 9, 2016
A company more interested in money than its supposed core values. They lie to their customers to get them to open accounts and tell them it's overdraft protection...Lies upon lies and I couldn't bare to work in such a place who treated their customers this way.
company doesnt work with employee
Work hand (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 28, 2016
different job every week
no security to being permanent or having benefits
learn different task due to different work every week
didn't get familiar with co workers
good advantage not bored cause you do something different
Decent
Temp Worker at Yankee Candle (Former Employee) –  Yankee CandleDecember 30, 2015
Its a temp company. I worked at Yankee Candle.
Decent pay, mandatory overtime.
Uncomfortable workspace; fast paced and not stimulating.
Lacks a 30 minute break for meals.
Possible placement with the company though, and real employees are treated somewhat better.
You lose $3/hr because you are a temp, so its generally $9-12 range
Pros
Lots of free goodies
Cons
Short breaks, hard work, low pay
Good companies with benefits
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee) –  SpringfieldAugust 12, 2015
United Personnel offers employment with different companies like Yankee Candle or Performance Food Group which have good benefits and opportunities for advancement, but the starting pay rate is not reasonable at all.
Pros
Chance for advancement
Cons
Low pay rates
excellent work atmosphere
Assembler (Current Employee) –  North Adams, MAMay 1, 2015
United Personnel cares for the clients that work for them. They are willing to work with you when there are problems. You get to learn all kinds of areas of expertise depending on where you work for United.
Pros
excellent staff
Cons
periods of shut downs
I enjoyed going to work each and everyday. I learned a great deal.
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 21, 2014
I worked for Citi and its subsidiaries-for 13 years and enjoyed every day until the time came for consolidation in 2008. I learned a great deal, I had great management that took the time for training and the chance to work very independently and allow me to make decisions for myself and my staff. The opportunity and the trust put in me was very rewarding and gave me more confidence in myself than I ever had. I was truly sadden by the closing of the branch. I am still very much in touch with a co worker as well as my direct supervisor.
Pros
gained experience-confidence and life long relationships
Cons
the closing of a great branch
not good pay and demanding
order selector (Current Employee) –  South Deerfield, MAOctober 16, 2014
the people at yankee candle were great and helpful they take good care of there employees had a great time with fellow coworkers
Gift Baskets at Yankee Candle
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 9, 2014
Arrange gift baskets for internet orders and the Yankee Candle Store.
Clearing guns
Guns (fire arms) clearing technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 28, 2014
It was great to be working doing this type of work but even when I haven't miss a day , being late or sick, I was going to layoff when there's others that has miss many days, being late many times and don't have recommendation e-mail from supervisor like I do, for other positions, they get to stay. So kind of dis appointed with the situation. This happens while being assigned to The Smith & Wesson Comp. in Springfield,MA. Were I'm still working but in another department now (assembly), witch I don't really enjoy. It was that department or the layoff.
Pros
They will find a job for you
Cons
In order to be elegible for vac. you have to work 1, 800 hours.
Productive work environment with generous work incentives
Window Inspector (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 24, 2013
I learned how to operate various wrapping machinery. I was also taught how to scan windows to make sure all parts need were in place. My co workers were self motivated individuals ,go getters. they taught me a lot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Personnel. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8