United Rentals, Inc. Employee Reviews

Collections
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 22, 2017
This job was no fun. Office was boring. Employees were boring. Hated going to this job. I did collections each day. No incentives. No cell phones allowed
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING
polite environment
AP Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 18, 2017
daily scanning, filing of all invoices. learn the importance of a well kept environment and proper body postioning when lifting 20-50 lb boxes on a daily basic.
Pros
weekly free breakfast and lunches
Cons
employees not rude but not friendly
serivce department
Service Tech II (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WA 98311April 17, 2017
working for united rentals has been fun but the routine can get old quick if you are not challenged frequently. the opportunity for advancement is there but expect to work super hard to try and get the next jump in pay.
Pros
fun co-workers
Cons
same story different day
Challenging short time with startup company
District Controller (Former Employee) –  Hudsonville, MIApril 14, 2017
My time at United Rentals was only six months near the beginning of its existence. Pulling acquisitions into United Rental's accounting system was a daunting task. Paying the bills for about three dozen stores was nearly a nightmare. I signed 300 checks a day. Despite the environment and challenges, it was enjoyable somehow, certainly memorable.
Pros
Taking on issues was invigorating despite being scary.
Cons
The demands of a startup are taxing.
Very competitive environment.
District Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 14, 2017
Great people to work with. Loved the atmosphere and since of family. Left when the upper management decided to consolidate departments and move mine to Atlanta.
Pros
Great staff.
Cons
Big business mentality.
Great company to work for
ACCOUNT RECEIVALBES CLERK (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 10, 2017
Team is great to work with, the company is a great company to work for.
Its a company that allows people to grow within making advancement easier than most companies
Good company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXApril 10, 2017
Good company, good benefits. Balanced work life ratio. Wish the position paid a bit more, but overall it is a good start within a good company. I would recommend this to someone getting started in the work force.
would not recommend
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 10, 2017
I would not not recommend this company . Very top heavy in mid to upper management . The company is very micro-managed. Once the company went public , they shifted their focus from taking care of its employees to worrying about the bottom line.
Pros
Cons
Micro-managed
United Rentals is a great company
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAApril 9, 2017
United Rentals is a great company to work for. That is a company that will give you plenty of room to grow. Plus you will learn so many new skills you can use to gain better jobs.
Pros
United Rentals will help you gain certifications and will allow you to professionally
Cons
United Rentals can put a lot of strain on our body.
United Rentals Outside Sales Representative
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 3, 2017
As an OSR I was responsible for an outlined territory located within the greater Los Angeles area. The main duties of this role included calling on open construction sites, prospecting new customers and calling on existing customers. During my time at URI I learned how to efficiently manage time, present professional presentations, negotiate contracts and build relationships to ensure future growth. Among those duties I sharpened my skills interfacing with customers, overcoming rejection, balancing work loads and marketing products and services. The hardest part for me was dealing with internal operations and getting approval from upper management before a deal can be closed. The most enjoyable part was getting to personally know and work with the customer base.
Pros
Make your own schedule, good benefits, corporate training
Cons
internal operations
Productive and busy work enviroment
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXMarch 31, 2017
A typical work day would start with a safety awareness meeting, going over hazards, what can be done to prevent them and the importance of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and proper hydration. Being a temp, I usually worked with the mechanics and would provide service on rental equipment, inspecting whether the orders were rental-ready or needed further service. Supervisors and management did a great job in motivating employees and keeping the work ethic strong. The overall work environment was productive and employees respected each-other.
Pros
Easy access to Gatorade, Water, and required PPE
Cons
Work days could get very hot and messy
Sales & Rentals
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAMarch 30, 2017
Worked for 3 years. Good Benefits and Pay. Co-workers are helpful. Branch I worked closed down because of 2008 bad economy. Company laid me off and didn't bother to move me to other branch. No job security.
Pros
Helpful Co-workers, Good Benefits
Cons
No job security.
Political
Branch Manager - Outside Sales - (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 28, 2017
Depending on the area your work in it can be very political in the management realm. They pay well but sometimes can put you in a no win situation. If you find a good niche within the company but careful about moving up. You may get more than you asked for, or frankly, "set up" for failure. The employees have become disposable there. Because of it's size people just become replaceable commodities.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Political
Great job
Account Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 27, 2017
Positive work ethic , gentle work environment. I learned a lot about time management, various applications used for inventory management, patience with complex individuals and I enjoyed working with an amazing team of people.
Pros
Good pay, extraordinary perks.
Cons
Blunt favoritsm displayed at times.
Demanding and fast paced environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  NortheastMarch 27, 2017
The company offers many avenues for growth. Store managers are faced with many competing priorities and lack of staff to make everything happen. If you enjoy an ever changing environment and high stress levels you will enjoy this job. The only problem is it can begin to wear on you after time.
Caring company
Equipment Associate, Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMarch 25, 2017
They care about their employees and that they go home safe to their families. Their Safety Culture is number one. Their Benefits are great as well. They have a great balance of priorities and they live by them.
Garage Work
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 20, 2017
Great place to work if you enjoying wrenching on equipment in the garage. The radio blasting and good people makes it feel like working at home with friends.
Fast paced construction rental company
Senior Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, MEMarch 13, 2017
I enjoyed working for United Rentals because of the employees and the customers. The culture was laid back but we knew how to get the job done. It was very fast paced with many moving parts but the company always strived to give the best service to our customers while at the same time stressed employee safety.
Special Project
Invoice Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJMarch 13, 2017
I had a good time working here. I can't say much about the company because I was initially hired on as a Temp for a relocation project. the company was relocating from NJ to FL.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Nothing bad to say
Alright place to work.
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 11, 2017
It is a OK place to work. It is a large corporation atmosphere. Benefits are ok. The work hours are good regular work week. Company ideas are always changing.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Rentals, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval