United Rentals, Inc.

United Rentals, Inc. Employee Reviews

Enjoyable calling on jobsites with contractors
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAFebruary 12, 2016
I learned how to run and operate all construction equipment from compressors to reach fork lifts, booms and all heavy equipment.
Pros
versatility in customer types
Cons
management
No room for growth
Territory manager (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 10, 2016
Company does not offer much room for advancement. Lots of stress from management and constant change in commssiion structure
Hard but Good money
Greet customers and assist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 10, 2016
wake up at the crack of dawn to start work. Had to use a tracho to load up trucks so they could haul it off. Had to use a centerfuge to clean the mud that the rig would use to drill. This job had long hours and long work days, but the money was worth it.
work
Yard Tech, Driver, Forklift (Former Employee) –  Prairieville, LAFebruary 1, 2016
a typical day at work would consist of using the wash bay to clean hoses and pumps, I used the forklift to move the pumps and or hoses around the shop yard. I sometimes made pick up and drop offs inside of plants.
Great place to Learn
Director, Internal Audit, Field Operations (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 12, 2016
This Company is made up of many very hard working individuals who give 110% day in and day out.
There are many opportunities to learn with this company.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement
Employees were Great.
Inside Sales/ Yard Foreman (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CAJanuary 12, 2016
As the foreman for United Rentals my job consist of safety, equipment maintance, operation and employee scheduling and job duities on a daily bases.
Pros
Management was great in allowing me to run the yard my way to ensure customers, employee were happy.
Cons
Work Life. Long hours.
Fast paced work environment
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Stevenson, ALJanuary 9, 2016
Fast paced work environment. Marketing opportunities.Diverse customer base. Multi tasking required. Opportunity to meet new people.
Great work/life balance
Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 8, 2016
Good work/life balance, benefits, compensation, job security, advancement, management, job culture. Great team work environment
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
short breaks
Easy and fun job
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2016
Maintained school buildings and demand work orders for summer capital projects
Managed and participated in different project reviews and executed work orders on the job site
cool work enviornment
helper (Former Employee) –  Houma, LADecember 30, 2015
good work hours learned how to operate different equipment and coworkers were nice ppl and also was pretty laid back around there
Pros
they brought us lunch after a nice long working day
Cons
breaks wasnt long enough
A place to learn and gain experience
Industrial pressure washer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28269December 29, 2015
I was a a contract worker. The only problem was that I had no chance for permanent employment with a criminal record in my past. I was initially let go solely on those grounds. That is very unfair.. There absolutely was no other reason to not hire me permanent. I have nothing bad to say about the company. Got along good with the workers. I worked there six months and one day they had me train another fellow and two days later was let go. That was pretty bad, everything else was good. Oh definitely not a mixture of different ethnic backgrounds at the site I worked. I was the only Black on the site and my replacement was another black person as well. Not good for a company.
Fast pace environment where attention to detail is key/being able to use your critical thinking skills.
Assistant Manager/Inside Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 23, 2015
Review scoreboard sheets and diagnose the productivity of the branch.Then I personally conduct daily safety/office meetings that includes branch manner , operation manner, sales rep,and techs just to inform the guys what the day may bring. After that I coordinate that plan that was put in place in the meeting as well as help complete the task at hand. Whether its actually getting my hands dirty ,setting up hauling, loading the material or just playing the role of the middle man between my company and the vendor, Im very hands on in relates by branch functioning. By having such responsibility mastering my field which in pump solution a field I didn't have any experience in is definitely the hardest part of my job.Attention to detail is so key in this field because the slightest mistake on my part could affect an entire job.However, it s the part I enjoy the most because the challenge of mastering a skill. I also, love the whole idea of me coordinating or managing the each job and coming up with solution with my fellow employees.
Pros
Company phone
Cons
Really no breaks, rental company never sleeps
Fun company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 23, 2015
The job keeps you busy and you learn very quickly even if you haven't been in the construction business before. I think anyone would like this job.
Great people
Truckdriver (Former Employee) –  East Liverpool, OHDecember 17, 2015
Great organization with great people. The business environment was too volatile and hours of operation were sporadic. Overall a good place to work.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
No security in the future
Ur
Equipment Associate (Current Employee) –  NCDecember 17, 2015
work from 7am-5pm its a hands on place, employees are nice managment could be better hartest part of the job when a whole bunch of orders com in had alot on my plate but lots of help. Most enjoyable getting praise from costermers or outside haulers
Pros
free group lunches
Cons
managment could be better
looking for a carrier
Driver (Former Employee) –  Pacheco, CADecember 14, 2015
looking for life time carrier where I can grow with the company. I couldn't do it there. I'm at work on time everyday I was with the comp for almost 2 years they put me out at chevron not a clean place to work and not healthy. so I need a comp that I can grow and have a life at.
At times it gets busy and At times its just dead
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CADecember 11, 2015
I was able to get to experience alot of different position such as Deliveries & Pick up ,Sales,customer service,Maintenance on equipment that needs serviced as wee a Company property
Pros
you get experience alot oresponsibilityf new
Good company to work for.
Region Safety Director (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 1, 2015
As a safety professional I found working at United Rentals to be a rewarding experience. All in all the company is motivated to do the right things for the right reasons.
Good Company
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 30, 2015
Good company with decent wages and benefits. Good culture and work was usually a pretty good time. There isn't a great opportunity for advancement if you don't start towards the top in the beginning.
Lacks support from upper management
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 24, 2015
Nice workplace but management support from local District is non existent. It is all about the numbers. Hiring process needs work as it takes too long to replace a team member. I liked working here because I was allowed to run the store as my own. Downfall is that when you invest a lot of your time to make the numbers it goes without recognition. Two stores were being combined and they only needed one manager, I was not that person unfortunately.
Pros
Growing company, benefits are good
Cons
Lack of Leadership, no support at local level