United Rentals, Inc. Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work at.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAJuly 10, 2017
If you want to completely give up you personal life to a dead end job this is for you! Having to risk your safety for low pay is also a huge thing with this company. Half the time you are just winging it and not following processes. Only reason this company is so profitable is because of the slave wages.
Pros
get a paycheck
Cons
treated like dirt
Fun place to work
Inventory/Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  East Chicago, INJuly 7, 2017
I loved working for United Rentals, Inc., the people are great, hours are flexible and management is fair. I was always busy, made the day go by, sometimes too busy to complete my daily requirements. I loved the work and people.
Pros
hours flexible
Cons
health care expensive
Decent place with decent people tyo work for
Service Tech IV (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJune 29, 2017
Worked here for several years and advanced quickly. Lots of hours required for job leaving little for anything else but depends highly on branch location
Pros
Overtime available
Cons
Can be more hours than you expect
awesome
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 27, 2017
overall the job was great. although time there was cut short i enjoyed the employees and the working atmosphere. Over at united i learned the value of teamwork.
The people are great to work with here
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 22, 2017
The work days are very fast pace.

I've learned a lot about boom lifts, scissor lifts, Telehandlers, and earth moving equipment.

Management is decent to work with.

the culture here is strictly safety.

the hardest part of my job is talking to customers who don't know the technician lingo.

I really enjoy working on the equipment.,
Pros
you get a free breakfast after safety meetings on wednesday morning
Cons
Lots of work and little to no man power
Leadership are Mangers
Fortune 500 Company and North American Leader (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 21, 2017
A Manager is not automatically a Leader. Many other Mangers I worked with were fantastic. Senior leaders were people that you could not trust. The Branch Employees are fantastic, hard-working people.
Can be a great place to work as long as a senior leader does not put you in his cross-hairs.
Best of luck with URI.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Poor Sr. leadership
Great enviorment
Service Technician and Installer (Current Employee) –  Cathedral City, CAJune 18, 2017
This is a great company everyone there is hardworking and very dedicated very strict on safety they make sure safety is the number one priority. I have learned many things being a service tech there from all the mechanics and management.
Great starter and long term career company
Sales, Maintenance, Driving (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJune 15, 2017
Everything depends on the local construction industry. If the industry is booming, United Rentals is booming. When the industry slows down, UR slows down. UR mostly consists of Salesmen, mechanics and drivers.
Pros
Benefits, free food, coworkers
Cons
long hours, busy environment, meeting demands for customers.
Service Tech II (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXJune 12, 2017
Enjoy working here but no room for advancement unless you apply for and get a position at another location. Work is steady and rotating on call isn't too bad. Its cool having something different everyday to do or deal with as far as equipment. Keeps it interesting and always something new to learn.
n/a
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJJune 7, 2017
good company to work for pretty much dont have much else to say about it do what you have to do and go home chances to move up and is pretty secure

Want to know more about United Rentals, Inc.?

Ask a question
High paced atmosphere
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 6, 2017
I liked this job although I was only contracted to work a certain amount of time I was sad when the job was over ! I enjoyed working here and management was great
Greatest sales Training Experience
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 30, 2017
United Rentals has prepared me for any sales/customer support job that I am faced with, developing the skills to handle any urgent matter under a small amount of time. The name "United Rentals" naturally places a target on your back,(and in most cases a decal on the side of your vehicle) promoting the company as an everyday lifestyle. Because of this huge target, it has helped me build a great deal of discipline and self-accountability at work and in my personal life. Greatest company to start small and grow big.
Pros
Paid Vacation/ Health Benefits/ Traveling Opportunities
Cons
High Stress/Personal Time
Stressful environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTMay 30, 2017
Was given numerous job duties outside of original hired position to complete and was never compensated or advanced in position. Told that I was doing exceptional, yet never progressed from doing so
Good for younger worker not older
Truck Driver/Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Donaldsonville, LAMay 30, 2017
I was a truck driver for prime equipment ,rsc, dogged equipment and management at united rentals. Was the worse. I load unload and relieved small and heavy equipment
Pros
Good training
Cons
Poor management
Register, bank reconciliation and tax Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJMay 25, 2017
The compensation, benefits and Paid time off packages offered is good. The work place culture was pleasant. The company has grown at a steady pace and appears to be stable.
Productive and very customer service oriented
Dispatch/Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMay 23, 2017
I will never forget working for this place! it was great!

I learned a lot about customer service, being on call and the reasons why, about construction and its equipment.

I learned about opening and closing about cash handling and accounts handling, billing etc....
Pros
great place
GREAT place to work
Helper/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Joppa, MDMay 22, 2017
Nothing but great things to say, boss, and coworkers are awesome, job is fun (messy at times) i love the hours but the pay is not the best. The schedule is great.
Pros
coworkers, schedule, hours
Cons
Low pay
Very good place to work.
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 21, 2017
Best job for someone who enjoy big toys. Management and coworkers are great, pay and benefits exellent. Not for inexperience drivers do to a lot of city driving in a very tough situations Most of the time.
Pros
Great equipment, great team of coworkers and management
Cons
Days could be long
Good place to work not good location
Lead/Heavy repair technician (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDMay 21, 2017
Was a good place to work would recommend it. Working in williston was a bit of a different experience but the work was great good pay and lots of hours if thats what your looking for
fast paced, fun, always changing environment
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 15, 2017
execute on previous planned activities, visits to job sites and offices throughout the day. position United as a leader in the market and follow through on the value proposition to every customer. develop deep long lasting relationships with customer to be the single provider for all their rental and sales needs.
Management is too abundant, way to many managers to report to on a daily basis regarding all the KPI's that are expected to be hit on a daily basis.
the job does allow for a great amount of flexibility for any errands you may have to run during the day while in between meeting and job site visits.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
too many middle managers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Rentals, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

United Rentals, Inc. Reviews by Location