United Rentals, Inc. Employee Reviews

fast paced company
Shop Foreman (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 1, 2016
very fast paced place to work and competitive environment.
workers very easy to talk to, upper management not so easy to talk to.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
great working conditions and people at this branch
Equipent Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAMarch 11, 2016
working with the employees there was a great blessing to me. the management was open and helpful.The notice was not expected but the management was nice about it
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
no notice as to a layoff
Great Team Mates
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Converse, TXMarch 29, 2016
Day to day operations including filling last minute rentals along with ensuring delivery and pick up of equipment is done in a timely manner.
Pros
Training for entry employees
Cons
Lack of training for management
Lacks support from upper management
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 24, 2015
Nice workplace but management support from local District is non existent. It is all about the numbers. Hiring process needs work as it takes too long to replace a team member. I liked working here because I was allowed to run the store as my own. Downfall is that when you invest a lot of your time to make the numbers it goes without recognition. Two stores were being combined and they only needed one manager, I was not that person unfortunately.
Pros
Growing company, benefits are good
Cons
Lack of Leadership, no support at local level
Hard but Good money
Greet customers and assist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 10, 2016
wake up at the crack of dawn to start work. Had to use a tracho to load up trucks so they could haul it off. Had to use a centerfuge to clean the mud that the rig would use to drill. This job had long hours and long work days, but the money was worth it.
Good pay, bad job
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 17, 2016
Good pay. Constant cold calling. UR is the most expensive game on the block and 75% of the customers view the construction rental industry as a commodity. The 25% that don't are customers who are locked up by national account reps.
Employees were Great.
Inside Sales/ Yard Foreman (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CAJanuary 12, 2016
As the foreman for United Rentals my job consist of safety, equipment maintance, operation and employee scheduling and job duities on a daily bases.
Pros
Management was great in allowing me to run the yard my way to ensure customers, employee were happy.
Cons
Work Life. Long hours.
Good workplace and bad management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 18, 2016
Liked the people in my office but my boss had a god complex and liked to control everything. The office was good and there was always a different campaign being called.
Absolutely wonderful place to work
Senior Support Analyst/Minneapolis Credit Office (Former Employee) –  Houston & MinnesotaNovember 3, 2015
Working with URI was a wonderful experience. I would recommend this company to anyone who is established and unafraid of the many lay- offs the company initiates each year. I truly loved going to work and would return to the company now that I understand the culture a little better.
Pros
Training, Advancement, Caring Atmosphere
Cons
Lay-Offs always looming
Amazing opportunities to grow in every way
Tool Trailer Technician (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONOctober 12, 2015
• Was in charge of running operations at a tool trailer on job sites
• I learned how to be versatile, and adapt quickly through the vast responsibiliteis and variety of work that United Rentals employs
• essentially worked by myself, but communicated well with co-workers via email
• The hardest part of the job is adapting quickly to the unkown. You have to step out of your comfort zone, and be ready to be a strong representative of your company through exceptional customer service and problem solving
• The most enjoyable part is being able to travel and get a nice variety of work

Want to know more about United Rentals, Inc.?

Ask a question
Enjoyable calling on jobsites with contractors
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAFebruary 12, 2016
I learned how to run and operate all construction equipment from compressors to reach fork lifts, booms and all heavy equipment.
Pros
versatility in customer types
Cons
management
No support from management
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 27, 2016
Company is great but branch management to quick to past judgement on employees especially field technician few coworkers are good
Pros
Free transportation
Cons
Once a great company, now a hostile work enviroment
CDL-A Driver/Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYOctober 7, 2015
When I started out in 2009, I loved the company and my co-workers. However, transferring to a different branch was a poor choice. The management of that particular store not only tolerated mistreatment of employees via-a-vie harassment and punitive actions towards whistle blowers. Corporate choose to look the other way as the branch in question routinely made over $1m/month in sales. Profit allowed them to ignore policy and even safety concerns that led to at least one lawsuit being filed by a former employee after an on the job injury.
Pros
Decent compensation, though not as good as it gets.
Cons
Hostile work enviroment
Ur
Equipment Associate (Current Employee) –  NCDecember 17, 2015
work from 7am-5pm its a hands on place, employees are nice managment could be better hartest part of the job when a whole bunch of orders com in had alot on my plate but lots of help. Most enjoyable getting praise from costermers or outside haulers
Pros
free group lunches
Cons
managment could be better
Good place to work for
Technician at a General Construction branch (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 14, 2016
I started as a Technician 1. Was able to advance quickly. Was a good work environment. Great benefits, great people to work with.
A place where the employees matter
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Eunice, NMOctober 8, 2015
A great palace to work. The company cared about its employees and was all the time doing things for them such as dinners, lunches, parties, etc.. Everyone worked together to get the job done. Upper management would roll their sleeves up and get dirty with the normal employees just to get the job done.
Pros
Take care of employees
Cons
Never could get a transfer to Texas
work
Yard Tech, Driver, Forklift (Former Employee) –  Prairieville, LAFebruary 1, 2016
a typical day at work would consist of using the wash bay to clean hoses and pumps, I used the forklift to move the pumps and or hoses around the shop yard. I sometimes made pick up and drop offs inside of plants.
At times it gets busy and At times its just dead
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CADecember 11, 2015
I was able to get to experience alot of different position such as Deliveries & Pick up ,Sales,customer service,Maintenance on equipment that needs serviced as wee a Company property
Pros
you get experience alot oresponsibilityf new
looking for a carrier
Driver (Former Employee) –  Pacheco, CADecember 14, 2015
looking for life time carrier where I can grow with the company. I couldn't do it there. I'm at work on time everyday I was with the comp for almost 2 years they put me out at chevron not a clean place to work and not healthy. so I need a comp that I can grow and have a life at.
Bad environment
Route Drive (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCAugust 21, 2015
A typical day at this place ? Lol! You never know what you are going to get.
What I learned was some good safety etc. I also learned not to stay under this type of atmosphere.
The co -workers you have to stay away from but you can't
The hardest part of the job was the co-workers.
There was nothing enjoyable about this job what so ever
I think they really just need to be reported for work place intimidating if you don't meet the click requirements.
Pros
Pay wasn't bad equipment decent.
Cons
Lots

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Rentals, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

United Rentals, Inc. Reviews by Location