United Rentals, Inc. Employee Reviews

Company closed down
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, OR 97527July 18, 2017
Company downsized and closed the location in Grants Pass so was unable to continue working there. Co-workers and clientele were great. It was fun coming to work everyday.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Closed down location
Fun, productive, professional place to work
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJuly 17, 2017
Great place, preform preventative maintenance on equipment, assist customers, learned to use supply/ equipment catalogs to order replacement parts from companies statewide and internationally and proper purchasing procedures, most enjoyable part was working by myself completing projects.
Fun yet focused company. Safety culture
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 16, 2017
Great team to work with not only at my location but company wide as well. The opportunity for advancement is talked about constantly and your development plan is designed to get you ready for the next position you want to move into.
Local driving position
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75220July 14, 2017
Safety oriented culture. Drivers respected and encouraged to give input to help be more efficient. Management always displayed their appreciation for the efforts made by everybody-TEAM EFFORT
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere with everybody looking out for everybody else
Cons
HARD to get a job with
great expierence
Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TX 76001July 14, 2017
this is a great company to work with they offer the best health insurance, 401k plans and you actually can go and manipulate your money. Plus it has one of the best management.
good pay and benefits
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZJuly 11, 2017
got along great with all employees there. the pay and benefits were great. hardest part was being so busy trying to schedule repairs, it got a little stressful. I was laid off when our biggest customer closed. which made me feel betrayed because they didn't even offer me something somewhere else even in a different position.
Best job I ever had
Tool Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJuly 11, 2017
typical material handling work day, multitude of skills, management is decent, workplace culture was perfect, hardest part of the job was the poor management, dealing with the customers was the best part of the job
Horrible place to work at.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAJuly 10, 2017
If you want to completely give up you personal life to a dead end job this is for you! Having to risk your safety for low pay is also a huge thing with this company. Half the time you are just winging it and not following processes. Only reason this company is so profitable is because of the slave wages.
Pros
get a paycheck
Cons
treated like dirt
Fun place to work
Inventory/Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  East Chicago, INJuly 7, 2017
I loved working for United Rentals, Inc., the people are great, hours are flexible and management is fair. I was always busy, made the day go by, sometimes too busy to complete my daily requirements. I loved the work and people.
Pros
hours flexible
Cons
health care expensive
Decent place with decent people tyo work for
Service Tech IV (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJune 29, 2017
Worked here for several years and advanced quickly. Lots of hours required for job leaving little for anything else but depends highly on branch location
Pros
Overtime available
Cons
Can be more hours than you expect

Want to know more about United Rentals, Inc.?

Ask a question
awesome
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 27, 2017
overall the job was great. although time there was cut short i enjoyed the employees and the working atmosphere. Over at united i learned the value of teamwork.
The people are great to work with here
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 22, 2017
The work days are very fast pace.

I've learned a lot about boom lifts, scissor lifts, Telehandlers, and earth moving equipment.

Management is decent to work with.

the culture here is strictly safety.

the hardest part of my job is talking to customers who don't know the technician lingo.

I really enjoy working on the equipment.,
Pros
you get a free breakfast after safety meetings on wednesday morning
Cons
Lots of work and little to no man power
Leadership are Mangers
Fortune 500 Company and North American Leader (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 21, 2017
A Manager is not automatically a Leader. Many other Mangers I worked with were fantastic. Senior leaders were people that you could not trust. The Branch Employees are fantastic, hard-working people.
Can be a great place to work as long as a senior leader does not put you in his cross-hairs.
Best of luck with URI.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Poor Sr. leadership
Great enviorment
Service Technician and Installer (Current Employee) –  Cathedral City, CAJune 18, 2017
This is a great company everyone there is hardworking and very dedicated very strict on safety they make sure safety is the number one priority. I have learned many things being a service tech there from all the mechanics and management.
Great starter and long term career company
Sales, Maintenance, Driving (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJune 15, 2017
Everything depends on the local construction industry. If the industry is booming, United Rentals is booming. When the industry slows down, UR slows down. UR mostly consists of Salesmen, mechanics and drivers.
Pros
Benefits, free food, coworkers
Cons
long hours, busy environment, meeting demands for customers.
Service Tech II (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXJune 12, 2017
Enjoy working here but no room for advancement unless you apply for and get a position at another location. Work is steady and rotating on call isn't too bad. Its cool having something different everyday to do or deal with as far as equipment. Keeps it interesting and always something new to learn.
n/a
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJJune 7, 2017
good company to work for pretty much dont have much else to say about it do what you have to do and go home chances to move up and is pretty secure
High paced atmosphere
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 6, 2017
I liked this job although I was only contracted to work a certain amount of time I was sad when the job was over ! I enjoyed working here and management was great
Greatest sales Training Experience
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 30, 2017
United Rentals has prepared me for any sales/customer support job that I am faced with, developing the skills to handle any urgent matter under a small amount of time. The name "United Rentals" naturally places a target on your back,(and in most cases a decal on the side of your vehicle) promoting the company as an everyday lifestyle. Because of this huge target, it has helped me build a great deal of discipline and self-accountability at work and in my personal life. Greatest company to start small and grow big.
Pros
Paid Vacation/ Health Benefits/ Traveling Opportunities
Cons
High Stress/Personal Time
Stressful environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTMay 30, 2017
Was given numerous job duties outside of original hired position to complete and was never compensated or advanced in position. Told that I was doing exceptional, yet never progressed from doing so

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Rentals, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.