United Services, Inc. - Connecticut

United Services, Inc. - Connecticut Employee Reviews

Great management, Poor working hours
Estimator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 29, 2017
United Services is an insurance repair company with job security and compensation based on property damage for insurance claims. On-call and after hours were very common. Good working environment; however, work and compensation was directly related to commercial and homeowner property damage occurring.
Ethics and morals in the pits, mgt went to HS together with clients
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTNovember 26, 2017
As a recent graduate clinician it was confusing to see the support of a case Mgr who had a baby with a clients bf, with full protection from mgt. Rural relationships with no boundaries.
Pros
Local job
Cons
Management is in bred
Interesting and diverse
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 20, 2017
I performed all office duties from opening the office, sorting mail, answering phones to driving to the work site to deliver plans. I greeted customers, set up appointments, made travel arrangements. I enjoyed my position there and would still be there if the owner had not passed away.
Pros
A great boss
Cons
no health care
It was a good place to work
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 29, 2017
I liked the work but the shop foreman even though he was 2 years older then ,would say he didn't have to work cause he did his time ,although I have been in the feild longer then him,he would stand around and tell us the job had to be done fast but with out his help. And I was told all foreman there where working foreman,so didn't like that part. But as for everything else it was a great company to work for .
A challenging and rewarding place to work
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOJuly 28, 2017
United Services provides a valuable service to the community. Focused on complete and comprehensive care to preschool age children with specific focus for those with special needs. They provide not only preschool education preparation, but a full spectrum of therapy support to develop children of all abilities. It can be challenging, but the reward of seeing these children achieve and develop makes the efforts more than worthwhile.
Pros
Rewarding and gratifying
Low Pay, long hours
❸ Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 18, 2017
Good place to work but I couldn't maintain my lifestyle with $10.50 an hour. Main part of the job is to clean airplanes and get them ready for the next flight.
Pros
Weekly payments
Cons
Workload not shared if your good
supportive work place
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CTJune 30, 2017
United Services provides supportive management, great office culture, and an dedicated CEO. I look forward to coming to work, and never feel guilty when out sick as I know my team will support me.
no comment
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 4, 2017
I really have nothing to say about this company, it was just a job that I had to do in order to pay my bills. I worked hard for my paycheck and I did what was required of me.
Constantly Changing Employees
Shelter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayville, CTJune 4, 2017
Management in intensive services is awful, No support ! Dangerous situations evolve and you are alone in shelter.Can't keep help! Management made workers move their desk to face wall because they would get more work done. Management in intensive services talks to workers like their in kindergarten.
Pros
Great women that work there
Cons
Very rigid no flexibility
A great place to get human services experience
Vocational Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, CTMay 8, 2017
United Services helps people all over the state struggling with mental health issues. The vocational department finds jobs for these people and has the job coach's go on site with them. Workplaces and participants are constantly changing, but it remains an enjoyable experience.
Pros
Ability to travel
Cons
Bad hours
Great place to get your feet wet.
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dayville, CTMarch 11, 2017
Overall you will meet great people who work real hard to help other in the community. A great place to get some experience, limited advancement without a master's degree.
United Services in St. Peters Mo not Connecticut.Wonderful place to work. Colleagues are amazing.
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOFebruary 10, 2017
United Services in St. Peters, MO not Connecticut. Great place to work. Team oriented. Will miss the school district students served there. Work place treat each other as family. hardest part of the job is that it is very physical. Working in a multi needs classroom can be very physically demanding. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the children each day.
Fun work place
Restoration Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Bluff, ILJanuary 27, 2017
Fast past long days I learned how to clean with certain cleaning solutions meet good people the best part of the job was when we all had lunch and the company paid for it
Pros
Lunch time out side
Cons
Not enough time to finish product
domestic violence advocate
Domestic Violence Advocate (Current Employee) –  Dayville, CTJanuary 12, 2017
supervise women and children who come into shelter. transport them to appts and other places. most times you are working in the office by yourself. challenging but rewarding work
Little to no room for advancement, No pay increase
Client Support (Former Employee) –  Danielson, CTMay 4, 2015
Overall an ok place to work, trust between management and employees was lacking.. co-workers were great! money was tight and employees did not receive a raise during my time there. Good starter place for employment, not career worthy.
United Services is a well run CMHC. I enjoy working at United Services.
Psychiatrist (Current Employee) –  Dayville, CTNovember 1, 2014
United Services is a CMHC in the rural northeastern part of Connecticut. It is well run and perfectly suited to the needs of the residents of the 23 towns that it serves.
Did not have computer software at that time of my employment
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTFebruary 16, 2014
went to clients houses to see if they were taking medications
case management
not supportive
friendly
not really therapeutic
independence
Pros
independenc
Cons
not therapeutic
Very good place to work
Psychiatrist (Current Employee) –  Dayville, CTSeptember 7, 2013
Excellent CMHC
I perform initial medical intakes and medical followups for patients.
The work is gratifying.
lack of trust from supervisors - too much papwework
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CT.September 3, 2013
A typical day involves dealing with crisis, transporting clients to appointments, progress notes, assessments, treatment plans. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the paperwork, and dealling with daily issues of clients. Too much pressure from supervisor, detailed to paperwork.
Ok company to work for
Community Living Counselor (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTJuly 5, 2012
I worked in a transitional house with clients in late adolescents. These individuals were mentally ill and/or had prior substance abuse issues. As a transitional counselour i provided support to clients living in the facility and those in the community.