United Site Services

United Site Services Employer Reviews

Great starting job.
Service Technician (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: paid weekly.
Cons: for the work we do, pay was low but not horrible.
A typical day at work is just like any other labor, lots of sweat. I learned a lot from this job and enough to prepare me for other jobs requiring hard labor. Management was a little sloppy, managers need to move up in ranks and start from the inside not the outside, regardless of education. Co-workers are unpredictable, you make acquaintances and friends or you simply mind your own business. Hardest part of the job was getting the truck into tight spots and making the supervisors have their workers move. But in my opinion that wasn't hard at all. Most enjoyable part of my job was working, as long as i'm working making money to support myself and my family thats all the joy i need.
productive and fun work environment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLOctober 7, 2014
Pros: happy, fun environment
Cons: small office, large staff
Was an enjoyable place to work, everyone was nice and worked well together. Completed payables for several locations and maintained monthly reports.
SAD WORK ENVIRONMENT
Service Technician (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CASeptember 14, 2014
Pros: ???
Cons: healt care so expensive
THERE IS NO INTEREST IN THE CUSTOMER SATISFACTION, PRODUCT QUALITY AND WORK CUALITY, WHAT IS REFLECTED IN LOSS OF CUSTOMERS AND BAD REFERENCES
real close to where i live
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Foxborough, MASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: expected to work long hrs.
A typical day is 12 hrs. I've learned that when you work with 15 other people you have to give and take,not everyone sees the job the same. Management could be trying at times,it's a workable situation.The co-workers are generally good. There are always a few bad apples in every batch. The hardest part of this job is extreme heat&rain.After 12-13 hrs. just glad to be done for the day.
United Site Services
Director of Marketing (Former Employee), Shelton, CTSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: good salary, friendly environment and solid leadership
Cons: nothing substancial worth mentioning
United Site Services is a very unique place to work. You work long hours depending upon the position and management is very friendly outgoing. I would recommend the company to someone in the market for a job.
"At will "employment
Account Manager (Former Employee), Davie FLJune 15, 2014
Pros: good salary in the beginning
Cons: horrible place to work, no leadership
Good beginning salary for an account manager. Upper management wants sales results within a month of joining. No support for making sales calls. Most account managers. sales reps are let go within 2 to 3 months after being hired, after they have built a book of business for someone else to close and manage, usually someone in the call center. Pricing for portable sanitation IS NOT competitive with other suppliers, new prospects laugh in your face when you quote pricing. Good benefit package , if you can stay there past the 90 day probation period. " At will " employment lets them off the hook when you are let go
Run like the Mafia
Manager, Call Center Operations - West Coast, (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMay 29, 2014
Cons: mafia style management
This is a porta-potty business.

I was hired to run the San Jose call center and to consolidate 4 other call centers into mine, which I did rather successfully. I even mentored an employee they were thinking of firing into a leadership position.

I lived in the Sacramento area at the time and the Job was in San Jose. Once I accepted the job and had been making the commute for a few weeks my boss told me that I was being paid a salary that would allow me to live in San Jose and that he expected me to move closer or lose the job. So I moved my family to Tracy. It's about 50% closer and housing costs were reasonable enough that I could still support my family. Once I got settled in my boss came back again and told me that I had to move even closer or he'd fire me. I should have resigned on the spot but the economy was in shambles and jobs were hard to find. So I moved my family to San Jose. We could barely afford to survive.

Call Center Agents were brought on as temps to hire but they were never hired. The VP of Sales and Marketing, who was my boss, would not allow them to be hired even after more than a year on the job because he didn't want to give them benefits.

I tried to work with my boss to resolve this serious morale issue, but he wasn't interested. One day, the CEO was in my office and we got to talking about my ideas to improve the department. I had everything written out on a white board and I went through it in detail. He LOVED it and said "This is what we should have been doing all along!" Then he said something I'll never forget, "I'm going to set up a conference – more... call with you, me, your boss, the head of HR, and the CFO. You're going to tell them everything you just told me. If they push back you WILL stand up to them or I will [blank] fire you. Do you understand?"

Needless to say, that scared the daylights out of me, but again, the economy was in shambles and jobs were hard to find, so I prepared as best I could. Before I got three words out, my boss, the head of HR, and the CFO began tearing me apart. They called me every name in the book, they laughed out loud, they ignored my data. And all the while, the CEO just sat there. He never said a word. He just let it happen. A week later I was fired.

In retrospect, I know that the CEO was constantly butting heads with my boss and perhaps this was his way of messing with him. I just happened to be the unlucky sap that he used to exact some payback.

I had only been on the job for 10 months, and yet they gave me a $10k severance package, so I'm confident that they know that what they did was wrong.

I would not recommend this company to anyone. – less
Great place to work. Great People
Billing Supervisor (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMay 27, 2014
Pros: flexibility
This is a great place to work. I have learned a lot and grown with the company. I have been aloud to help plan and train in different departments. There is never a dull moment always busy even when the economy took a hit. The company is built on acquiring multiple companies in wish I have had the pleasure in helping through the transitions.
Company is NOT a Friendly work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 6, 2014
Cons: the time clocks are 3 mins faster.
This is the WORSE company I have ever worked with. Management/ Employee are two face jerks that only cares only if you are management otherwise.
fun too work at
Yard Associate (Current Employee), Irwindale, CANovember 19, 2013
Pros: they let you learn
Cons: they don't appreciate the workers, do so mush for so little pay
normal day busy, learn to work has a team new skills, management is good, co-workers funny too work with it and help full, hardest part is the drive too work in traffic, the special events we set up for
Great team spirit and awesome management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAAugust 22, 2013
Data entry could be a bit tedious but working with the Santa Clara team and off site branches made the days go by very fast and with great pleasure. I looked forward to going to work everyday and seeing the wonderful team that I worked hand in hand with. Best managers I have ever worked for. And to work for a CEO that takes his time out to get to know each individual is the cherry on top.
Not bad
ROUTE DRIVER (Former Employee), Clackamas, ORFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: differant routs each day
Cons: bing on a leash
Service Units, doing specal events. Co-workers were fun. custumer service when down.
horable place
Heavy Diesel Mechanic Supervisor (Current Employee), Benicia, CAOctober 13, 2012
Pros: the will take ur lunch if u take it or not.
Cons: no promotions
hire illegals and force overtime. time not allowed off for family.
Must have a great sense of humor and thick skin.
Human Resources Generalist (Temporary Contract) (Former Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 22, 2012
Cons: overall culture
When I was employed with United Site Services, the company culture was in chaos. They had just transitioned from being Acme and Sons to what they are now. The culture was intimidating and not very supportive of employees. Overall it was not the best place to join for me since the culture and I were not a good fit.
very unorgainized management
yard labor (Former Employee), benicaMarch 23, 2012
seems like there was a lot of changes going on within the company and no regrades to safety
Productive and funworkplace
Customer Service representative/ Call center (Former Employee), San Jose CAFebruary 28, 2012
Pros: free lunches, bonuses
The company has over 200 employees. They would have weekly Meetings on how to improve customer service. Meetings also included ways to improve the call center we worked in.
POORLY RUN COMPANY AND BLATANTLY CORRUPT
AGENT (Former Employee), ALLAugust 10, 2011
This company knowingly treats their employees and customers terribly. Gender and racial descrimination in all departments. Poor salary for employees but management is over paid. Do not work here.

United Site Services Photos