United Site Services Employee Reviews

It was a paycheck
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 1, 2017
One of the worst jobs that I ever had!!! We serviced porto potties not a fun job. The hours were early as well and the days were long. As you can imagine it was a horrible job.
N/a
Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 31, 2017
I learned a lot. Business is unpredictable. Hiring and keeping employees is difficult due to the competitiveness of the business. There are lots of long term employees that are keeping the business thriving.
Pros
Work Relations
Cons
Lack of Technology
It's not too bad basic job with room to grow
Credits Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MAMay 24, 2017
Advancement opportunities are there if you are willing to learn. Basic office setting. a lot of moving around due to company expansion. Lack of qualified employees and no accountability for errors made by these employees.
Pros
job advancement and hours
Cons
very basic benefits almost none at all, High school like work environment, Employees get no training, pay is below market value
Definition of Micromanagement
Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MAMay 22, 2017
The work is easy enough once you get the hang of the outdated, finiky computer system. If management would leave you alone, it is not a bad place to work, but they micromanage everything you do, are not really flexible with hours if something comes up, and their incentive bonus plan is a joke. It is the epitome of "corporate culture" and you are more of a number than the millions of clients.
Pros
Health insurance benefits
Cons
managers
Fun workplace
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 17, 2017
I drive a big truck all day picking up and delivering porta potties sometimes I clean them all day and most days I do both stank job but great people to be around
Pros
30min breaks
Cons
Healthcare
Stressed environment
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 28, 2017
In the beginning it was great working there but as you get comfortable, management teams seems to dust you off and forget you are even there. I learned not to get too over stressed and focus on just getting the job done right.
Pros
listen to music, vending machines, benefits, vacation time
Cons
no communication between teams
Not fair.
None (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 28, 2017
The company is going through changes to much. So disorganized and hostile environment for the pay. It did stressed me out so much when I worked for this company you would not believe me. Management at this place will bargain with you to pay you the cheapest wage when you first start and later find out you were under payed by other people with same position by five or six dollars of a difference. You work so hard for this company and still they look at you as a number. If you have a class A license good luck partner you will be driving a class B truck regardless giving you no experience for your class A license. You can start at what ever time you want lol the lower manager will ask you to do the lazy people's routes you would end up getting out at 7 or 8pm. Mainance on your trucks is horrible at this place. You will find your self with no A/C in the middle of summer. Good luck future candidates.
Pros
Benefits package.
Cons
Hours.
Excellent place to work.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 25, 2017
Excellent pay and service to customers.

I was the salesperson in Louisiana. Called on jobsites under construction and advised them to grow with our company. I was successful and the company was great to work for. The bosses were nice and the company had a great reputation for excellent service,
Pros
Flexibility and pay.
Got a long way to go
Special Events Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 21, 2017
Changes budgets several times thru the year to guarantee less payout for commissions. Will Finch is best thing about job. Good people at lower levels.
Pros
good people working at lower levels
Cons
short pay commissions, hidden budgets
Sales/administrative
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Baltimore/DC VacinityMarch 19, 2017
Account Managers are required to do alot of paperwork which takes away from time selling. I learned how to be proactive with upcoming projects. Management is different in every area.Overall is good.
Growing company.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
Too much administrative for sales
No respect for drivers
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 15, 2017
Boss has no respect for drivers or their lives. Pushes production more than anything else. Makes you do things above and beyond your responsibility to favor other drivers. Was promised advancement time and time again and nothing ever happened. Nearly impossible to get a raise and keep taking every possibly for commission or bonuses away
Pros
Decent starting wages
Cons
Disrespectful, minimal advancement, near impossible to get a raise
driver and respect
driver (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMarch 5, 2017
Not the greatest place to work for. The bosses have no respect for you and they make you do other peoples routes after you are finished doing you route at 6pm. They explode the worker with no consideration for the worker or respect.
Pros
okay money and over time
Cons
no respect for drivers
Management is Fantatic and work pace is admirable
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 7, 2017
The pace of work was steady without becoming frantic, although we did incur several times of fast paced requirements as jobs poured in with excellent reviews from previous customers. Management provided breakfast for employees who agreed to work overtime on Saturdays to get caught up on contracts, I recommend United Site Services to anyone looking to advance their career in Welding/Fabrication.
Pros
Breakfast & coffee brought in for Sat. overtime workers
Cons
118* summertime temps are exhausting when wearing heavy leather welding gear.
Lack of proper management at both an upper and branch level
Account ManagerRifle (Former Employee) –  Rifle, COSeptember 14, 2016
This company was great in the beginning, good starting pay, friendly employees, "unlimited growth" (so they say).
I soon found out you have to mostly train yourself. Upper management is all about increasing revenue but do not want to invest their time or the companies money to give you the tools to do it. Operations and Sales butt heads constantly and it hinders your ability to sale effectively.

The order/quoting software is old and out of date. CRM reporting is a joke!

Equipment (trucks, toilets, fence, ect) is old and run down. USS is definitely second rate compared to its competitors and from what I could tell doesn't care as long as they see an increase in revenue.

I did learn alot about the industry (on my own) while working there.

Decent benefits but still expensive for such a large company

I gave a 3 star rating because even though USS has a ton of cons, it does have a few pros and for the right candidate it could be a good fit. If I wasn't open minded I'd give it a 2 possibly a 1.
Pros
Hours, benefits
Cons
Management, equipment, lack of advancement, Ops, out of date customer reporting software, unrealistic goals
Shady Company
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Port Allen, LAAugust 1, 2016
Do not work here the people and company are shady but the pay is great just not worth the headache you put up with.
Great Company Just Needs to Make Some Changes
Senior Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 30, 2016
The company seems to be more focused on buying other companies in the industry rather than providing exceptional customer service to its customers. Different departments within the company do not properly communicate with one another which ultimately impacts customers in a negative way. In the internal collections department in Modesto, California, collectors and lower-level managers are not empowered by senior management to make some key decisions. Instead, collectors and lower-level managers must get approvals from various executives from corporate. In conclusion, the company needs to develop more effective ways to keep all departments connected, senior executives need to empower lower-level managers and associates to make some key decisions, and the company needs to create a work environment where employees are promoted based on what they know, not who they know.
Pros
Pay Rate, Out of Office Functions, and Team Environment
Cons
Office Gossip, Favoritism, and Good Old Boy Management Style
Great Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 5, 2016
Daily would go over routes for techs. I learned about there systems and port o potties. Upper management was great and the co-workers were always a pleasure to work with. Hardest part was making sure events were done and scheduled right. Most enjoyable was I loved all the benefits
Pros
Cons
Not really any cons
Good Luck
Employee (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 19, 2016
Their business plan is to drive up revenue and sell to new investors. Doesn't sound bad right? If you're in sales, you're hired to sell a service that the company can't provide because of lack of and/or poor equipment. Account managers are responsible for their BOB and when customer is lost due to poor service, it falls on the account manager. If you're looking for operations position, you'll likely be given junk to work with but that's ok, if you can't service customers it won't be your fault, it will fall on AM. It's a good ole boy management style and it goes all the way up the chain. There are other companies hiring, dont waste your time on this one.
Pros
Decent health plan
Cons
Too many to list
Productive and welcoming Workplace
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 25, 2016
Welcoming environment and friendly staff. Work is easy to understand and get a hang of. I learned how to work in a team and to meet deadlines. Overall a great experience.
worked special events
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 9, 2016
great time on special events made a lot of money with overtime and tips.time flys and you get extra time off to spend with family
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
travel a lot away from family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Site Services. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval