UNITED SKATES OF AMERICA AND AFFILIATED RINKS

UNITED SKATES OF AMERICA AND AFFILIATED RINKS Employee Reviews

stressful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Seaford, NYMarch 24, 2017
never any fun to work at. This place is not customer friendly as well as not employee friendly. This workplace is not clean and we are not encourge to do better
Worst place to work
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Temple Hills, MDJanuary 18, 2017
GM is horrible. Management is lazy and uneducated. Pay is ok but people who been there for years and don't do a thing get paid more which is crazy.
Pros
No pros
Cons
This place is a train wreck! I give it two to three months before they are closed completely
Fun workplace with a small business feel
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 11, 2017
I really enjoyed working here, but was let go without any notice. I feel like I was not given enough training and asked to do more than I had time in a normal business day. The General Manager would always be gone on the weekends and leave everything to me.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Healthcare, lack of support and training
Productive and a great workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHOctober 24, 2016
My typical day at work would be answering the phone, answering any questions a customer may have whether it be about our hours or birthday party packages, and I also book birthday parties. I also send out emails to schools about our STEM program that we offer. Since I started working here I have learned what it takes to make a business run successfully, how to be more confident, and a lot about sales.The management team and co-workers are amazing! They have helped me improve with my social skills and to stop being so timid. The management team alone are very understanding and down to earth people. What I enjoy most is pushing myself to be more out spoken, also the meeting of new people as well.
Fast paced, entertainment facility
Manager (Current Employee) –  Seaford, NYSeptember 29, 2016
I truly enjoy working at United Skates. When it comes to management though I do not agree with some things. I think that the business could run smoother if everyone was held accountable for their duties. I love solving problems and making customers happy, but sometimes the job itself makes both of those things near impossible. I have learned a lot though, and it is the reason I am going to school for Business Management.
Pros
Nice co-workers, flexible hours
Cons
No break, bad work/life balance, late hours, inconsistent hours, pay was ok
fun work place with great music
BRANCH BROOK PARK ROLLER SKATING RINK (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 7, 2016
My co workers are cool and understanding. it is a face paced environment that will need you to have patience with the kids and adults. the most fun about the job is I get to listen to music and work .
Decent work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Seaford, NYJune 8, 2016
The work was pretty simplistic. Great for highschool students who want to make minimum wage for doing minimum work. The hours weren't horrible and some of the managers made the job less stressful.
Pros
Free skating lessons
Cons
Short breaks
Multi Tasker
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60640May 17, 2016
A typical work day was running around trying to keep up with all departments and employees. I learned strong management skills at United Skates of America. My co-workers were fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was the long hours. I enjoyed the customers and the employees very much.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Skating for free
Productive and fun
Party Host (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 22, 2015
Contact with people, must greet everyone politely. It gets very busy since all kids love to go skating! You get to listen to music while having fun with your employees on the clock.
Pros
Skating
Cons
Rude customers
Productive and fun atmosphere
Administrative Asst. to Sales & Marketing Dir. (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 5, 2015
Day to day office duties with a lot of multi-tasking

Always engaging with people and coworkers

New and exciting promotions and birthdays
Pros
fast paced
Cons
a lot of retention
Fun place to work, great place to visit
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 7, 2015
As a rollerskating enthusiast, this was my dream job. Managing a rollerskating rink/family fun center was a huge responsibility. I dealt with many difficult parents, teachers, children and guests. The challenges I faced and overcame daily only helped to make me a stronger and more effective manager.

My responsibilities included inventory, safety director, pro shop and repair, social media coordinator, shopping and ordering for our cafe, prize center and pro shops. I also worked closely with our Sales/Marketing person to book groups and private events.

The most challenging and rewarding part of my job was satisfying our guests and making sure they had a great time at our facility.
Pros
Skating, Fun atmosphere, Great staff, Close to home
Cons
Constantly changing schedule. Always "on call" living so close to the rink
Most enjoyable part of my job fast past friendly retail environment
Cashier,Manager (Former Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHMay 19, 2015
A typical day a work vibrant, positive.i learn excellent leadership, people skills. My co-workers hard working, friendly, truthful My hardest part of my job dealing with a unhappy customer. Most enjoyable part of my job fast past friendly retail environment.
"Fun, Clean and Friendly", just like the motto!
HR Director/ Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 4, 2015
This is one of the most enjoyable positions that I have ever held. The greatest group of employees, from the CEO to the associates. Absolutely loved my time with the company. Only wish I was not moving. I learned so much with this company.
Pros
Great working environment and friendly, helpful co-workers.
Cons
None.
Working with Kids
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHJuly 14, 2014
It was my first Job so it was a little rough. But also loved working with the kids and being in a fun atmosphere bring out the inner child in me.
Fun Skating
Floorgaurd (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 11, 2014
Skating from anywhere up to 8 hours
How to skate
Management is young
co workers work hard
Nothing was hard
Skating
Pros
half off food
Cons
Unsupportive
productive and fun work place
Cash Officer (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJFebruary 18, 2014
This was very fast paced work place. The work day flew by with out you realizing it. there was room for advancement
Pros
fun, great coworkers, room for advancement
Cons
salary
Fun, fast pace, and energizing
Floor Guard (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 1, 2014
I had a ton of fun with this job. I loved how the minute I walked through those doors I could put my skates on and get to work. My position was mainly a floor guard. Once people started to come in I handed out skates and when all the skates were handed out or when the skate floor was getting filled I would head out to the skate floor and make sure people were fallowing are rules, and help kids who fell, or needed help tying their skates. I was on the floor for hours music blaring and games being played every hour. It was a lot of fun. It was hard for me at first to get used to the games and the company mascot. When we had a birthday party I had to dress up as a huge dinosaur and dance for the kids. My co workers would stand by my side to make sure i didn't fall or when I didn't understand a game they always helped me to be sure i understood it fully. The hardest part of my job was staying on the floor for hours at a time with only bathroom breaks it was difficult but my body got used to it and it made it even more fun. My favorite part of my job was playing games with the kids. There was always a racing game or a tag game or a game where the floor guards would chase the kids around if we touched you you were out. That on was my favorite. My managers were nice and helpful. I learned different ways to skate and keep up with the kids and I also learned different ways to stop. I really enjoyed this job It was tiring but fun.
Pros
Skating, playing games, and teaching kids to skate
Cons
No real breaks, and long hours on the skate floor
Unsanitary and improper work scheduling
Concession host (Former Employee) –  North Massapequa, NYJanuary 28, 2014
Terrible atmosphere to work in. Hours are not as directed and working conditions are overly unsanitary and dangerous.
My first Job experiance
Combined Food & Serving Worker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 28, 2013
management flaws: low pay, unfair hours, poor treatment of employees

fun part of the job: interacting with the guest seeing and meeting new people

hardest part of the job: dealing with threats from management
Fun environment but poor leadership
Prize Manager (Current Employee) –  tampa, flAugust 30, 2013
My typical day at work is opening up the facility and making sure everything is ok before the session starts. My only issue is the leadership and higher management lacks in their responsibility in leadership and cooperating with school schedules and church, for myself.
Pros
Skate for free
Cons
Lack of leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UNITED SKATES OF AMERICA AND AFFILIATED RINKS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5