United Skates of America, Inc. the country's largest and most progressive roller skating chain is looking for a General Manager/Operating Partner with a proven track record to lead a first class modern roller skating / family fun center in Avon, Indiana, a suburb west of Indianapolis.
The 24,000 sq. ft facility provides entertainment for families, school age children, teens and adults. Our entertainment components are first class and includes a hardwood maple floor Roller Skating Rink, a modern pizza café with an extensive menu, a large game room with redemption center and a retail stuff shop selling the hottest novelties and glow products. The facility offers the worlds best birthday party providing parties for kids aged 4-14 and is the best place in Indianapolis to take your family for great fun!
Our company has been in business for 40 successful years and has a nationwide presence. We are the leaders in this exciting and fun industry. Roller Skating is a very popular activity that provides many healthy and fun benefits to the participants.
We believe the success of a facility is based on the GM and the team they lead. We are looking for a dynamic leader that has the ability to execute the programs that we have developed over our 40 year history and constantly refine and will also bring innovative new ideas to the table. We are looking for a high-energy leader that will embrace this culture and drive the success of the facility like it is their own business.
The Ideal Candidate:
- A leader who has proven experience in operational excellence and demonstrates it daily by focusing on customer needs, keeping employees positive and engaged and continually improving functions and processes in the facility.
- A leader that possess good judgment, strong problem solving skills, effective communication skills
- A leader with strong customer service skills, understands the importance of being visible on the floor, is able to cultivate relationships with guests to encourage repeat visits and is skillful at dealing with difficult guests in a calm and upbeat manner.
- A leader with proven ability to balance and effectively prioritize numerous responsibilities
- A leader who has demonstrated experience in hiring great people and effectively training them in operations and customer service
- A leader with proven success with development and execution of sales and marketing plans as well as managing a full time sales person
- An individual with prior profit and loss experience who understands financial information and can take the necessary actions to both increase revenue by driving additional guests to the facility as well as increasing internal revenue yields and can also control costs by managing expenses, particularly payroll.
- Must be available to work flexible hours including days, nights, weekends and holidays as needed to insure the profitability of the facility
This is a position where your efforts and success will pay large dividends.
first year compensation $35,000-50,000 depending on experience