United Skates of America Employee Reviews in United States

Multi Tasker
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60640May 17, 2016
A typical work day was running around trying to keep up with all departments and employees. I learned strong management skills at United Skates of America. My co-workers were fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was the long hours. I enjoyed the customers and the employees very much.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Skating for free
Productive and fun
Party Host (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 22, 2015
Contact with people, must greet everyone politely. It gets very busy since all kids love to go skating! You get to listen to music while having fun with your employees on the clock.
Pros
Skating
Cons
Rude customers
Fun place to work, great place to visit
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 7, 2015
As a rollerskating enthusiast, this was my dream job. Managing a rollerskating rink/family fun center was a huge responsibility. I dealt with many difficult parents, teachers, children and guests. The challenges I faced and overcame daily only helped to make me a stronger and more effective manager.

My responsibilities included inventory, safety director, pro shop and repair, social media coordinator, shopping and ordering for our cafe, prize center and pro shops. I also worked closely with our Sales/Marketing person to book groups and private events.

The most challenging and rewarding part of my job was satisfying our guests and making sure they had a great time at our facility.
Pros
Skating, Fun atmosphere, Great staff, Close to home
Cons
Constantly changing schedule. Always "on call" living so close to the rink
Productive and fun atmosphere
Administrative Asst. to Sales & Marketing Dir. (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 5, 2015
Day to day office duties with a lot of multi-tasking

Always engaging with people and coworkers

New and exciting promotions and birthdays
Pros
fast paced
Cons
a lot of retention
"Fun, Clean and Friendly", just like the motto!
HR Director/ Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 4, 2015
This is one of the most enjoyable positions that I have ever held. The greatest group of employees, from the CEO to the associates. Absolutely loved my time with the company. Only wish I was not moving. I learned so much with this company.
Pros
Great working environment and friendly, helpful co-workers.
Cons
None.
Most enjoyable part of my job fast past friendly retail environment
Cashier,Manager (Former Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHMay 19, 2015
A typical day a work vibrant, positive.i learn excellent leadership, people skills. My co-workers hard working, friendly, truthful My hardest part of my job dealing with a unhappy customer. Most enjoyable part of my job fast past friendly retail environment.
Fun environment but poor leadership
Prize Manager (Current Employee) –  tampa, flAugust 30, 2013
My typical day at work is opening up the facility and making sure everything is ok before the session starts. My only issue is the leadership and higher management lacks in their responsibility in leadership and cooperating with school schedules and church, for myself.
Pros
skate for free
Cons
lack of leadership
My first Job experiance
Combined Food & Serving Worker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 28, 2013
management flaws: low pay, unfair hours, poor treatment of employees

fun part of the job: interacting with the guest seeing and meeting new people

hardest part of the job: dealing with threats from management
productive and fun work place
Cash Officer (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJFebruary 18, 2014
This was very fast paced work place. The work day flew by with out you realizing it. there was room for advancement
Pros
fun, great coworkers, room for advancement
Cons
salary
Working with Kids
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHJuly 14, 2014
It was my first Job so it was a little rough. But also loved working with the kids and being in a fun atmosphere bring out the inner child in me.
My favorite job ever!
DJ/Floor (Former Employee) –  Rumford, RINovember 8, 2012
When I landed this job, I was skeptical. I used to go here as a child during my middle school years. Always wanted to work here. Its a fun environment. I dealt with mostly children, making sure that the music was appropriate for them and that they were following the rules on the skate floor. I aided in lowering the amount of accidents reported which was my primary goal every shift. I learned how to be patient with all types of customers. The management staff was great. Super friendly and very considerate of my schedule. They gave me lots of hours and gave me opportunities to earn more money. I was promoted to DJ from Floorguard after a few months. DJ is very close to management. I was offered a managerial position but I had lost my car and got kicked out of my home by my father. So I had to decline and relocate to NJ. There was never really a hard part of the job. If I had to say, it would be cleaning up after each session of kids. Sometimes it would require almost no effort but other times, the place got trashed and we had limited amount of time to accomplish cleaning to the standards of the company.
Pros
good breaks, fun
Cons
no benefits
Unsanitary and improper work scheduling
Concession host (Former Employee) –  North Massapequa, NYJanuary 28, 2014
Terrible atmosphere to work in. Hours are not as directed and working conditions are overly unsanitary and dangerous.
Fun Skating
Floorgaurd (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 11, 2014
Skating from anywhere up to 8 hours
How to skate
Management is young
co workers work hard
Nothing was hard
Skating
Pros
half off food
Cons
unsupportive
Technician/Maintenace
Game and Laser System Technician (Former Employee) –  Rumford, RIFebruary 5, 2014
Fun place for kids to skate and play games. Birthday parties as well.
Pros
work alone
Cons
screaming kids
Great Job
DJ/Floorguard (Former Employee) –  Rumford, RIMay 18, 2012
I had a great time working for United Skates. They provided a healthy and joyous work environment.
Pros
free food
Cons
very noisy
Fun, fast pace, and energizing
Floor Guard (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 1, 2014
I had a ton of fun with this job. I loved how the minute I walked through those doors I could put my skates on and get to work. My position was mainly a floor guard. Once people started to come in I handed out skates and when all the skates were handed out or when the skate floor was getting filled I would head out to the skate floor and make sure people were fallowing are rules, and help kids who fell, or needed help tying their skates. I was on the floor for hours music blaring and games being played every hour. It was a lot of fun. It was hard for me at first to get used to the games and the company mascot. When we had a birthday party I had to dress up as a huge dinosaur and dance for the kids. My co workers would stand by my side to make sure i didn't fall or when I didn't understand a game they always helped me to be sure i understood it fully. The hardest part of my job was staying on the floor for hours at a time with only bathroom breaks it was difficult but my body got used to it and it made it even more fun. My favorite part of my job was playing games with the kids. There was always a racing game or a tag game or a game where the floor guards would chase the kids around if we touched you you were out. That on was my favorite. My managers were nice and helpful. I learned different ways to skate and keep up with the kids and I also learned different ways to stop. I really enjoyed this job It was tiring but fun.
Pros
skating, playing games, and teaching kids to skate
Cons
no real breaks, and long hours on the skate floor

2.9