United States Air Force Reserve Command

United States Air Force Reserve Command Employee Reviews

Stable
Air Transportation Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 19, 2017
Stable work environment with guaranteed pay. A lot of opportunities for advancement and promotion. Supervisors care about your training and ensuring you have all tools necessary to complete tasks.
Great
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJuly 18, 2017
great job for people who dont know what direction to go in life. they take really good care of their people. Supervisors will work with you to make sure you know your job.
Love it
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Moody AFB, GAJuly 18, 2017
I enjoyed my time served in the United States Air Force Reserve. It took some getting used to after coming from United States Air Force Active Duty. Management needed some work. Workplace culture was good.
Serving was my honor.
514th Mission Support Services - Staff Sergeant (Former Employee) –  McGuire AFB, NJJuly 16, 2017
What I learned overall was how to be of better service to myself, family, career, community, country and community. I gained a family for life and I would volunteer again without question.
Pros
Learning lifelong skills and service membership
Cons
Leaving family.
Great job with tiring requirements
Air Reserve Technician (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 16, 2017
The job is great but as an ART there are any limitation for making rank. The constant changes in policy can get tiring after some time. The work is constantly changing and sometime challenging.
Pros
Easy to build up and take time off. Good pay.
Cons
Changing polocies, unable to move up as easy as traditional reservists
Personnel
Personnel Specialist- HR (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKJuly 13, 2017
Great job in the Air Force, everyone works together as a team. They offer great benefits as well as opportunities to grow within the company. Always want the best for their airmen.
Production
Master Sergeant (MSgt) (Current Employee) –  Patrick Afb, FLJuly 10, 2017
My Unit is always on the go and always makes it happen if we are called to rescue or fellow soldiers or civilians. We practice what we say... "What we do so others may live"
Great supervisors who always take care of me no matter the problem.
Cyber Transport Specialist (Current Employee) –  Robins AFB, GAJuly 10, 2017
I love the military culture. No matter my hardship or what im going through in my life there is always someone else right there to help me stand up straight. I have a lot of time to study and continue to further my career. The hardest part of the job is keeping up to the PT standards and the most enjoyable part is the camaraderie.
Pros
1 hour lunch, laid back enviroment, plenty of time to study.
Productive and challenging workplace
Electrician/Maintainer (Current Employee) –  McGuire AFB, NJJuly 7, 2017
I see aircraft almost every single day, whether it's broken or about to launch, which has to be the highlight of the job. The hardest part of the job is that it takes place outside, especially during the winter time. Some of the tools and equipment are heavy but as long as you keep yourself fit, it's no problem. I'm only 5'0", 106lbs and my tools almost always weight half my weight. My supervisor is the best supervisor I've ever had in my whole career of working. He's very patient and remembers that I'm human and have family/personal needs and does his best to accommodate. The only downside of this job is that I only come in when the budget allows for it,
Pros
great pay, awesome leadership, fun work
Cons
harsh winters
Standard Military Environment
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Norton AFB, CAJuly 7, 2017
Great experience for a young person without skills. Learned a valuable skill and management skills. Traveled to different locations around the world. Varied work assignments depending on the mission requirements of the aircraft assigned to. Coordinate, schedule and supervise maintenance, repair and servicing on assigned aircraft and prepare for mission readiness.
Pros
A sense of accomplishment
Cons
Working in the weather

Want to know more about United States Air Force Reserve Command?

Ask a question
It's a privilege to serve.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Hickam AFB, HI 96853July 6, 2017
The U.S. A.F. Reserve is like a second family. Members are willing to look after each other. Members are willing to help each other. This builds a strong team.
Pros
Ceremonies are held when members retire.
Cons
Days can be long sometimes but no complaints.
Enlist
customer service (Current Employee) –  Chicopee, MAJuly 6, 2017
I enlisted back in 2013 in the reserves, i enjoy my work very much. The people i work with are amazing and my squadron is very supportive and helpful and
Summary
Aviation Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSJuly 6, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of very tedious work. I learned a lot from this job but I could really only use this information while in the Air Force Reserve.
Good place to work at
force support (Current Employee) –  Coraopolis, PAJuly 3, 2017
I am glad to be part of something bigger than myself. I love the people i work with and the different people i have met. I enjoy the discipline part of the job. The reward is awesme
One of the best employers in the US
RESOURCE & MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST, GS (Former Employee) –  McChord AFB, WAJuly 1, 2017
Great place to work from entry to high experience level. Opportunities for self development are plentiful. One definitely learns about oneself; limits, potential and leadership.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Limited promotional opportunities once you reach a certain rank
competitive for promotion
Radio Telephonic Operator (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 29, 2017
Can be a fun place to work, but there are long hours and aggressive training schedules. Must be flexible with your time and willing to volunteer. However, it is what you make of it.
Air Force Reserves E-8
Services Superintendent E-8 (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJune 28, 2017
After leaving the active duty Air Force, I went into the Air Force Reserves. As I did not have a job, when I left active duty, going into the reserves allowed me the opportunity, to continue to serve and earn points for retirement. I went on to serve 19 years in the Air Force Reserves. Plus I served 8 years Active Duty, for a combine total of 27 years. I rose from the rank of E-5, when I entered the Air Force Reserves, to the rank of E-8, Senior Master Sergeant... I really enjoyed my career in the Air Force. It proved to be one of my best decisions, I made in my life..
Pros
Commrades with other Military Personnel
Cons
Living in Rochester, New York...
no comment
Cardiopulmonary technician (Former Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXJune 27, 2017
It has been far to long since I have had gainful employment for the United States Air Force. I will say that it is a great opportunity to build a solid foundation.
Fun productive workplace
Inventory Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Barksdale AFB, LAJune 25, 2017
You get to serve your country while working a regular job. You get to be apart of a great organization. Meet some great people and have the opportunity to travel around the world.
Air Force Reserve
Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 24, 2017
Air Force Reserve is a good option for those who want to serve your country and still maintain a civilian status. I would recommend to anyone who has prior service or just starting out.