United States Air Force Reserve Command Employee Reviews in United States

Great organization to work for.
MXG/MXO Production Controller (Current Employee) –  Barksdale AFB, LAMarch 9, 2016
-Everyday is an adventure.
-I've always possessed leadership skills but the military sharpened those skills.
- Here I got the chance to have the best management I've ever had on any job.
- The hardest part is being responsible for others but I adapted rather quickly.
-The most enjoyable part is that your unit of co-workers are more like family than just co-workers.
Pros
Great pay & benifits
Cons
Very demanding
Building Foundation
Financial Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westhampton Beach, NYMarch 29, 2016
The Guard is a good foundation to start your career in the military and it helps with school benefits, all while gaining the structure of armed forces
Military Life Isn't Easy
Logistics and Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 23, 2016
Lied to about benefits, horrible work/life balance, and doesn't pay well for what you do. I would never recommend anyone joining in the military.
Great Choice
Aerial Port Specialist (Current Employee) –  Youngstown-Warren ARS, OHMarch 1, 2016
Awesome place to learn, work and the benefits are great. Great work life and family balance. Fosters a great teamwork environment.
Usafr
none (Current Employee) –  United StatesMarch 3, 2016
Depending on the job you're given it is a nice experience. In some units the morale is low because there are a lot of older (close to retirement) members that do not care anymore.
Pros
Benefits, military, serving county
Cons
morale
Best Opportunity, Family/Team Oriented Atmosphere
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  McGuire AFB, NJOctober 20, 2015
My time spent in the U.S. Air Force has been tremendous. Belonging to a unit full of people from all walks of life, police officers, doctors, lawyers, teachers, EMT., etc., has placed me in a network that I otherwise would have never been exposed to. There is great leadership and there are great bonds built within the USAFR. My status has helped me and my family progress. I've also had plenty of exposure with the Active Duty from all military branches. The benefits are endless.
Pros
Strong Network and Support
Cons
Part Time
Life Experience
Senior Airman (E-4) (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 9, 2015
A typical day at work would be very busy but fun if you make it. I learned a lot in this career field they teach you the core basics of the job. Management is everywhere it escalates all the way to the higher up. My Co-workers are very dedicated to the job and have some really interesting characteristics. The hardest part would probably be testing, training, and un-wanted attention. The Enjoyable part would be making it up in the ranks guiding, mentoring, helping out your fellow co-workers and of course traveling.
Pros
Benefits and Travel
Cons
Unexpected situations
Great job for the weekend!
aircraft maintenance (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 24, 2015
Fullfil a great commitment one weekend a month, two weeks a year. Learn while protecting this great nation. Travel and experience other cultures.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Lots of training requirements.
Great place for personal growth and development in work ethic and character
Avionics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beale AFB, CADecember 9, 2015
After Initial training and qualification we worked to maintain a small fleet of unmanned aircraft that were then rotated out to other locations. We studied daily the fundamental principles of electronics and networking while we were not doing actual labor. Our day usually started at around six A.M. and went until about six P.M. Our management reported directly to our Squadron Commander who was headquartered nearby. The young airman like myself had individual supervisors who helped us to acclimate to procedure and life on the flight-line. The most difficult part of the job was the painstaking attention to detail. We simply were not allowed to make mistakes and it was very mentally taxing. The most enjoyable part of the job however was the camaraderie and the opportunity to travel.
Pros
Great pay and job training
Cons
Long hours and inclement weather
Serving your country by helping others follow their dreams.
In-Service Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Okinawa Japan,Jacksonville FL, Tampa FLJuly 23, 2015
Rewarding team enviroment where your co-workers are like family. There are a lots of rules and regulations to follow but the rules provide the structure. With management often being the role model or mentor providing leadership and direction. As the In-service Recruiter helping separating Airmen fullfill a need by helping them obtain a job, gain benefits or relocate to a certain area is very gratifying!
Pros
Travel, job security
Cons
Time/distance away from family
Great place to work and pursue a career
Air Transportation Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXFebruary 18, 2016
A typical day of work includes training to perfect duties for a deployment environment. I have learned to act as leader and council younger airman on what they should expect and what is expected from them as airman. Management, of course has its own duties so you should have the initiative to get your own work done, though are very helpful when you ask. Co-workers are very easy to be around though they may not be likely to begin conversation with you immediately. The hardest part of the job is mastering in the in-house computer system called GATES- which you will you hardly ever use anyway. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to do training.
Pros
Free lunches- always different and can cater to different needs
Cons
Spend a lot of times in meetings
Enjoyable and Flexible
C-17A Aerospace Maintenance Craftsman/Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Charleston AFB, SCNovember 19, 2015
The AF Reserves has afforded me many benefits. It can be a very rewarding job at times, though as can be expected, there are many hard days.
Close environment with good people
Senior Airman, Transportation (Current Employee) –  Peterson AFB, COOctober 19, 2015
Good benefits and a good place of work. Good people and always someone to turn to. I do not have much more t say about it because i do not go there more than two times out of a month.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
travel
Great environment for building valuable skills
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Dover AFB, DESeptember 2, 2015
Great environment for building valuable skills. Job advancement, benefits, ability to travel are great. Awesome experience in serving your country. Allows an opportunity to give back to your community and country.
Benefits
Cons
Company is involved in war related activies
Is a great job as long as you have a full-time job
Transportation Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Whiteman AFB, MOJuly 2, 2016
As a Traditional Reservist, you will go to drill one weekend a month and 2 weeks a year (annual tour training). You will accomplish any training that needs to be done to stay sharp on your jobs skills as well as keeping up on medical requirements and P.T. (physical training) standards. The main job of an Air Force Reservist is to be ready to deploy and fight the war overseas at a moment's notice when needed.
Pros
Great benefits such as paid college and reasonable healthcare costs
Cons
Not a full-time job. Will have to work full-time as a civilian or ART (Air Reserve Technician)
US Air National Guard
Logistics Management Specialist Air National Guard (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 23, 2016
I enjoy working at the Air National Guard. I enhance my skills on problem solving and communication. I have learned a great deal of how logistics impacts our lives. Currently I manage 4 service members and assist in the development and enhancement of the skills required to complete the mission. I enjoy working with my co-workers because we work as a team to get the task done. Sometimes, the hardest part of my job is taking on a new task that I don't have all of the resources for. The most enjoyable part of my job is when the group applies all the skills together and successfully completes the mission.
Pros
Having all the resources to complete the mission.
Cons
When there is a short fall of resources needed to complete the mission.
Hard work pays off.
Civil Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lakehurst, NJOctober 10, 2015
A great company to work for. Always encouraging you to get better and appreciate and notice your hard work. Give back to those who are less fortunate that you is a great feeling.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
I wish I joined earlier.
Productive and friendly environment
Aircraft Electrician (Current Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAJune 17, 2016
Duty days include Mon-Friday and occasional Weekend duty one a month from 0630- 1630.

Work included repairing and performing Operational checks on Aircraft electrical and environmental systems parts.

Performed duties with little to no supervision and supervisors communicated what needs to be done effectively.

Developed excellent rapport with co workers which developed great teamwork.
Pros
Healthcare, Excellent communication between peers, supervisors communicate effectively, Tuition Assistance
Not the Same Reserve as 10 years ago
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  KansasMay 30, 2016
In the short term, it is a great opportunity to learn new skills and serve your country. The long haul will wear you down with bad annual tours, lack of personnel support, and internal/external politics. Many Airmen spend a majority of their time on computer-based training unrelated to their field. Travel reimbursement is a nightmare. There is too much emphasis on the administrative tasks, making it difficult to receive training in your field. You are expected to maintain some of the same standards as active duty, but you will not have access to the same resources. Fitness is a good example.

There are great health and education benefits. It is a family type of atmosphere. The first enlistment will be a great experience. By the third enlistment, you may start to become frustrated.
Pros
Skill Training, Great Health Care, Education Benefits, New Experiences, People
Cons
Extremely Poor Personnel support, travel reimbursement nightmares, excessive administrative work(Supervisory Level) computer based training not related to field, poor annual tours that do not utilize skillset
Best Experience you will ever have
Aircraft Loadmaster (Current Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAJuly 20, 2016
As an Aircrew member you will be exposed to constant mentorship from senior officers and will be able to travel the world unlike any other job. Days can be long, sometimes 24-30 hours, but the end result will pay off. The hardest part of the job is to ensure that you build yourself as a NCO without losing your edge, ability and performance as an aircrew member. The number one thing I loved about my career is the people I have served with and the mentorship I have received.
Pros
Unlimited mentorship
Cons
civilian transition

4.6