United States Army, Active Duty & Army Reserves Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Awesome
Motor Transport Operator (88M) (Current Employee) –  Fort Polk, LASeptember 19, 2017
Good career for families. Very family oriented and good. Would recommend it to anyone. Provides great benefits and health insurance along with housing, etc.
Not a bad job
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCSeptember 16, 2017
With serving my country it wasn't a bad choice in training free meals. More benefits than you can count and meet plenty of new people. Always something different to deal with.
Pros
free food
Cons
Basic training
It's the Army, it's as great as you expect.
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Sam Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2017
Depending on your job, the army is one of the best employers you could start with. I went from high school, straight into the military and don't regret it one bit. It is honestly the most stable career path you can get in to as a young man or woman. Highly recommend to those who don't know what they want to do with their life.
Pros
Always working, Good housing
Cons
away from family
Great Career
Aircraft Electrician Supervisor/Platoon Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYSeptember 15, 2017
Every job has it's drawbacks but if you can make it past the initial training this a very rewarding job where performance usually dictates advancement.
Great Job
Emergency Preparedness Liaison (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2017
If you have a sense of duty and like discounts join the Army or Army Reserves. You will get leadership experience as well as many great benefits. Be Army Strong.
Military Police Officer
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COSeptember 11, 2017
The hours are terrible, the corps super competitive in ranking up so it's every soldier for themselves instead of working as a team. There is really no balance in personal and work life, it consumes your life. It is a great stepping stone for young adults to save and experience different cultures.
Pros
Different cultures, Job stability
Cons
No persoal life realy, benefits
A lot of death and destruction.
19k Armor crewman (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXSeptember 8, 2017
Loved the experience. I had the ability to travel. I had the opportunity to kill people. Had the chance to serve my country and make some what of a difference.
Pros
Health care for my family.
Cons
Killing people.
First Job
Signal Support Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 5, 2017
I job the Army directly after high school and it was the best thing I ever did. I do not regret joining. I have meet some many people and been places I would have never gone had I not joined.
Pros
Learning, training, exercise, travel
Cons
Deployments, Away from family
Always something new in my career
Special Operations (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 4, 2017
My work was ever changing, it was very stressful and at the same time very enjoyable at times, the people were the best at what they did and was always surrounded by brothers in arms that were committed to each other and the missions. The hardest part is when you loose one of your brothers at arms by them leaving or other situations, the greatest of enjoyments is the knowledge in the man next to you and what you and them are willing to do for each other, I learned many things in my years of service to this great country but the most important was just how great this country is and the people that serve it.
Pros
Brotherhood and Pride.
Cons
Time away from the family.
Us army
Army Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Baden-WürttembergSeptember 2, 2017
The Army gave so much, it afforded me the opportunity to travel, education, and a family bond outside of the one I grew up with. The Army gave me career skills to last me for the rest of my life.
Life Experience
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIAugust 29, 2017
Takes a big risk to enlist in the military. You learn a lot, see a lot, and do a lot. It's really a job you have to have the passion and will power to pursue.
Fun, demanding
Sergeant E-5 (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSAugust 27, 2017
Every day presents new challenges; opportunities to advance are solely on the individual. Failure to assimilate to the culture of the unit will result in a hard tour for the individual.
Pros
Great mission; good pay and benefits
Very Stressful
Military Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAAugust 27, 2017
There is no typical day as a military police officer. Depending on the shift I'd wake up at 0300, Report to the company at 0330 for weapons draw, walk to the pmo, get a briefing, inspect our squad car for that day, then work until noon - 1 pm. go back to the company to turn in weapons, then do PT.
Benefits
Cons
job hours/life
Very laid back environment unless active. Deployments are long.
Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, NEAugust 26, 2017
I would recommend to anyone. Great pay and benefits. Student loan repayment is nice and have a lot of training capabilities that gives you knowledge to use in the civilian world.
For the strong minded
Active Duty (Former Employee) –  Washington StateAugust 24, 2017
Working for uncle sam is no easy feat and is something to be proud of. However, the days are extremely long and the Army requires a lot of you at all times. Be prepared to have very little time with loved ones and to leave the life you have now behind if you plan on enlisting. Great benefits like free healthcare a plus but there is a reason its free. Be prepared to leave feeling 25 years older as the toll the military takes on your body is devastating at times. Overall the Job is great. Don't go in expecting a free ride, you earn everything you get in the Army.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Long hours( as expected)
It is a great way to learn skills and apply the skills that you have.
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNAugust 24, 2017
I have learn a lot of valuable things during my time in the Army. I have learned how to manage and take care of soldiers. I have leanered how to drive forklifts and set up T wall. I learned how to keep track of forms and records.
Pros
Breaks during the day
Cons
Some times you have to work longer hours.
United States Army
Supply Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCAugust 22, 2017
The time I spent in the U.S Army was brief. There were sometimes that were tough and this taught me how to grow as a person and into the man that I am today. On a typical day as a Supply Sergeant I would first come to morning P.T at 0500 and provide all needed equipment for the service members, followed by a 0900 work call. A normal day as a supply sergeant for me was to back briefing the commander and executive officer on how the organization could excel and expand our budget. I provided all office, training, and food for more than 200 soldiers on a daily basis. I maintained more than $250,000 dollars worth of equipment for mission completion. I created a system within the company for all supply transactions.
Pros
Other soldiers, on the job training
Cons
24 hour shifts
Not for everyone but...
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COAugust 21, 2017
The Army of course isn't for everyone but, if you think you can make it I encourage you to try because it changed me from being a scumbag teenager to a goal driven individual. Plus, the military gives you experiences that you'll never encounter in the civilian world, and you'll meet some of the funniest and wittiest people in the world.
Pros
pretty much free health care, and develops an individuals morals.
Cons
At the total mercy of those above you, field chow was always cold
it was a great work environment and great people
Military Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOAugust 19, 2017
it was a great work environment and great people, we would patrol the streets and ensure safety of people an soldiers,learned to neer gie up on myself
The military? Loved it!
Combat Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOAugust 16, 2017
May have horrible leadership at most levels but overall. It's a job/career full of incredible opportunity. From daily work routine to out in the field training. It's an amazing fullfillimg experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Army, Active Duty & Army Reserves. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4