United States Army Reserves

United States Army Reserves Employer Reviews

very productive and an amazing opportunity to explore the world and people of other cultures
Petroleum Supply Specialist, USAR (Current Employee), Elwood, ILOctober 28, 2014
Pros: tricare
Cons: budget cuts
i love the army reserves. i love my battle buddies which are my brother and sisters in arm. I've learned skills such as communicating , team work building and leadership skills. It has been very beneficial for me. i plan on making a career out of the reserves.
Army Reserve
2nd Lieutenant (Signal Officer) (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 22, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: some weekends run late.
Typical job just like every other place. Lots of forced training that fills up most of your time. Either that or meetings. Depends on the type of unit that you're in.
Military Police
Military Police, 31B (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MDOctober 22, 2014
Pros: building leaders
Cons: deploying
The army is the best way to build leadership as well as a way to open up carer advancement.
US Army Reserves helps put extra cash in your pocket
Sergeant - Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee), Fort Drum, NYOctober 20, 2014
Ideal part time job to help pay the bills and secure our amazing country.
great work place
Medic/Healthcare Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Wainwright, AKOctober 16, 2014
medical skills, soldier skills, deployment skills, learn to work as a team as well as individually
Facts about the Military
Automated Logistical Specialist (Current Employee), Bell, CAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: lunch is free
Cons: they (leadership) keep the same hours even if finish our work a head of schedule, it will not matter.
A typical day at work consists of us NCO's (Non Commissioned Officers) making sure that our soldiers show up for Battle Assembly. We have to assist the Platoon Sgt. in making sure that all of our soldiers have the necessary paperwork in getting certain missions completed. I learn about new military regulations every time I drill. Management has their – more... moments. Sometimes Management are not consistent with their rules and regulations. The hard part of a job is keeping soldier accountable for their actions while looking for Senior Leadership to back us up. The exciting part of the job is that I get to see how the soldiers are doing on and off duty from the military. – less
Productive and fun work pLACE
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Current Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 15, 2014
A typical day is getting to the unit about 6 am. Falling in to formation, and taking orders. From there we split off some taking classes and others going on missions.

I learn about suicide prevention. How to drive trucks, and also being a team to get the job done.

management is higher up ranks who we take our orders from.

My co-workers are my battle – more... buddies. Ones that I will go to war with and stand beside in a fire fight.

The hardest part is remembering all the trucks.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being around people that you love, and meeting new people. – less
Being apart of the Army Reserves comes with great benefits and also switching between civilian life and military life is a great learning experience.
Army Reserves (Current Employee), Clackamas, OROctober 8, 2014
Being in the Army Reserves is a great balance to my life. It's only one weekend a month, but during that weekend we learn many aspects to my MOS Civil Affairs. Being in the military means you always have a wish-washy management. I love my team and company that I'm in. There are so many great people to learn from. The hardest part of my job is going – more... from military life to civilian life. But, overall being apart of the Army comes with great benefits. – less
Good learning environment. Fun traveling around the world
Staff Sergeant Cargo Specialist (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 8, 2014
Pros: meeting people from all over the world and working with them.
Cons: not been able to keep in touch with someone the one's that you meet.
In the United States Army, I am a Staff Sergeant. In this job I am responsible for the training of 10-15 Soldiers. In this job I have learned how drive different military vehicle.
An endless adventure filled with open doors and immense experience
Transportation Management Coordinator (Current Employee), Bartlesville, OKOctober 4, 2014
The Army has been the most exciting and fulfilling career I have ever had. Everything has positives and negatives as well as the military. Its all a matter of determining whether or not the positives out-weigh the negatives.
It's the Military, the experience is one you have to live to understand
91 L Construction Equipment repair specialist (Current Employee), Tyler, TXSeptember 29, 2014
I love it, I hate it, but at times I can't live without it. The world of the Military is totally unique.
Always something to do and personnel to take care of
Captain/ 0-3 (Current Employee), Abingdon MDSeptember 28, 2014
As a Command Staff reservist, I am always on the go. I work around the clock. Not your average one weekend a month. I work with great leaders who mentor me and show me how to develop not only as a Commissioned Officer but as a human being. I love taking care of Soldiers. I love what I do. I stay available 24/7 to help those in need.
Awesome Experience
Medical Administration Officer (Current Employee), SLC, UTSeptember 26, 2014
I've enjoyed my time in the US Army Reserves thus far. I've got great training and experiences with my various units and groups. I've had the opportunity to do things I never imagined before joining. Co-workers are great and the environment is like no other.
Monthly Warrior
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 23, 2014
One is able to learn and excell as much or as little as possible. Physical fitness readiness is a must.
Network operations at a Tier I level.
Helpdesk customer service with the ability to drop what you are doing to assist high ranking individuals with immediate issues.
Training one weekend per month, two weeks per year.
Health Care Specialist (Current Employee), Omaha, NESeptember 21, 2014
The Health Care Specialist is primarily responsible for providing emergency medical treatment, limited primary care and health protection and evacuation from a point of injury or illness. Health Care Specialists are often called "combat medics" in the Army, because some Soldiers in this MOS are assigned to deploy with Army combat units, and provide – more... emergency medical treatment directly on the battlefield. Other Health Care Specialists are assigned to military hospitals and clinics to assist doctors and nurses with the health care needs of patients. Administer emergency medical treatment to battlefield casualties. Assist with outpatient and inpatient care and treatment. Interview patients and recording their medical histories. Take patients' temperature, pulse and blood pressure. Prepare blood samples for laboratory analysis. Keep health records and clinical files up-to-date. Give shots and medicines to patients. Prepare patients, operating rooms, equipment and supplies for surgery.
Training Information
Job training for a health care specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 16 weeks of Advanced Individual Training, including practice in-patient care. Certification with the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians. – less
USAR
Specialist E-4- 91k Armament Repair (Current Employee), Fort Meade, MDSeptember 19, 2014
Im a Armorer in the USAR. I drill once a month and have annual training once a year. I fix and maintain weapons for my own and other units in the area. Ive learned the basics and advanced skills of being a 91K (Armorer).
Exciting and Challenging
Behavioral Health Specialist, SSG (Current Employee), Mesa,AZSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: great health benefits
Cons: deployments
The military has opened many doors for me. Typical work day is morning formation.
-Learned to take care of fellow soldiers
-Management can be difficult at times but its for the best.
I learned alot about myself
Personnel Services Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2014
I am proud to say that I served my country early in life. My service has definitely been the foundation of upon which I have built my standards as an administrative assistant.
good work enviornment
Automated Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Monclova, OHSeptember 16, 2014
Easy to learn the job
Supervisors willing to help teach you how to do the job
Army of One
Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee), charlotte, ncSeptember 15, 2014
I joined the Army to serve my country and get an education. I love what I do.

1 2 3 4 5