United States Army Reserves Employee Reviews

Challenging
Section Leader/LADS Technician (Current Employee) –  Various LocationsFebruary 9, 2016
The Army Reserves is what you make of it. But you can always learn something new and more importantly challenge yourself to progress.
Great oppurtunites
Religious Affairs Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, KYFebruary 8, 2016
Great benefits, advancement oopurtunity, rewarding to provide service to soldiers and country work ranges based on company, from preparing services to protecting chaplain
Team work and great experiences everyday
91bravo- All Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 1, 2016
Wake up to go to my unit and have formation at 7:00am. Start normal drills such as maintaining our work vehicles. Any other events or assignments that we have planned for the day.
Pros
Learning how to fix all the new vehicles
Task driven work place, attention to detail is very important.
Human Resources Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Fort Snelling, MNFebruary 1, 2016
As an instructor, day consists of reviewing Human resources duties and courseware to ensure proficiency when instructing. Practice of the courseware to include mock classrooms are completed to provide constructive criticism and build confidence. The instructor position was a career choice that I am glad I took as it allows me to provide guidance and expertise to a larger part of the Army Reserve community.
Pros
No longer completing Human resources daily tasks.
Cons
No longer completing Human resources daily tasks.
enjoyable variety in people
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ada, OKFebruary 1, 2016
I love to meet all the different people and be able to interact with all of them. I love the advancement process you put in the work and you receive credit for it the majority of the time. Sometimes command gets a little ridiculous about worrying about whos breathing down their neck so much that they forget to take care of the important things such as the soldiers that are under them.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
pay
It has been good so far
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  JBLMJanuary 29, 2016
A little getting used to going from full time to part time. My experience has been good thus far. It's a good operation to be part time
US Army
Sergeant First Class (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 27, 2016
I have been with the Army Reserve for 29 years, the army has been good for me. I have had a lot of good travel to various places for training and missions. I have had the chance to meet a lot of wonderful people, some of which have given me some good mentorship along the way.
Learn great life lessons.
Infantryman (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 15, 2016
A typical day can vary depending on what the primary objective is. Training for deployment can be stressful. It is not because of the training is to strenuous but the reasoning behind the training and knowing that it can potentially save your life or your battle buddies life. The leaders are very efficient and have their priorities in line with the mission. Other soldiers may seem a bit over whelmed, so it is up to the other soldiers that have deployed to calm their nerves. The hardest part of the job is the continuous good byes to the family. The most enjoyable portion of the job is saying hello to the family.
Benefits
Cons
Bad knees
Awesome
UNITED STATES ARMY OFFICER - SECOND LIEUTENANT (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 8, 2016
Although i'm a reservist, working for the Army has taught me lessons that have helped me strive as a professional out in the real world.
Professional Development
Transportation Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAJanuary 7, 2016
Serving in the military has been a great asset to my life. Balancing a very demanding job and schedule it has taught me the importance of time management, team work, and discipline.

Want to know more about United States Army Reserves?

Ask a question
army national gaurd and reserves
mechanic (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 6, 2016
I really didn't enjoy my time here not enough job training and not enough pay . never did the job I was paid or trained for always did other things.
Pros
noone
Cons
everything
great
desktop support (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 6, 2016
good pay and great benefits. you will probably go to war at some point. the world is getting worst and worst. wars everywhere. protect your guns and family from home.
Pros
good benefits.
Cons
must take disrespect
Military
Platoon Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Fort Wadsworth, NYJanuary 4, 2016
As this is a military organization, the structure is one in which job duties are very fluid from one day to the next. Duties are performed in accordance with mission requirements.
Upbeat, active and incredible learning experience
Civil Affairs Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 4, 2016
Working in Special Operations is definitely something that I hold dear, as I have learned what it means to serve and to have a duty to my country. A typical day includes physical training in the morning, and retraining/refresher courses in the afternoon/evening on Civil Information Management, Foreign Humanitarian Assistance, and other training.
Love the military
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Winterville, NCJanuary 3, 2016
I love the soldiers and my leaders. I was able to learn and then teach things. The entire environment is a enjoyable one. Everyone looks out for one another. I enjoy doing the physical training and testing to see exactly where I stand as a solider.
served my county wtih pride
Phycilogical operations Team Sargent (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNDecember 28, 2015
SSG- Team Sargent in the USAR for over 16 years. Served over seas during Desert Storm - leading several successful operations in many areas of a year there. Worked with many different military factions doing wartime and peacetime missions.
Pros
Pride in our country, teamanship, hard work
Cons
being shot at, stressfull situations, and those that were injured
Army Reserves
Carpentry and Masonry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTDecember 20, 2015
A great carrier and helps to build you as a person and teaches you that you don't have to be related to be family. The Reserves
will motivate you and teach you life long lessons.
Pros
structure
One Weekend a Month
COMMANDER (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHDecember 16, 2015
As an officer, a lot of time is spent working in an administrator and manager capacity. A lot of my time is spent planning and executing plans for training.
Always changing
Food Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 15, 2015
Something new is always happening wether it be training drills or learning new skills. The army reserves is very flexible with soldiers and more lenient with members who are having trouble.
Pros
only work weekends
ARMY!
SMP Cadet (09R) (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 14, 2015
The Army is the greatest job on the planet and everybody should experience it. Builds teamwork skills as well as leadership abilities with training in a multitude of fields as well as placing you in a brotherhood for life.

4.5