United States Army Reserves

United States Army Reserves Employer Reviews

Being apart of the United States Army
Army Reservist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 24, 2014
Working in the Army Reserves has been an great experience. Working in the Army you meet a lot of people and, learn how to work well as a team.
Average
Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Devens, MANovember 24, 2014
It is the military, but there is not the efficiency people think. There are too many people who were horrible soldiers or refused to change with the times. A lot more time than just a weekend a month, two weeks a year, is required. Typical government inefficiencies
Review
Human Resources Specialist- SGT (Current Employee), Fort Dix, NJNovember 22, 2014
This job has been a great experience. I get to work with some of the most amazing people one would come across.
It's the Army!
Chaplains assistant (Current Employee), Middletown, CTNovember 21, 2014
Pros: teamwork
Cons: egos
Interact with soldiers, check on soldiers well being. Assist Chaplain with administrative duties as well as counseling. I learned to be an active listener. Best part about the job is being the one to lift soldiers up when they are down.
Productive and exciting place to work with great leaders as well as co-workers.
CBRN Specialist (Current Employee), Sanford, FLNovember 20, 2014
Pros: brothers in arms.
A typical day at work starts with the briefing of the day. After commanding officers put out needed info to soldiers, we as a team of soldiers start physical training for the day. There is no other place in the world I would rather work than the United States Army.
productive and fun workplace
Soldier/ mechanic (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZNovember 18, 2014
The U.S. Army reserves is a great place to work. They teach you many skills and you'll make friendships that will last a lifetime
Military Police Soldier (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CANovember 13, 2014
Enforce Federal and Civilian Law
very disciplined and hard working soldiers
fun diverse unit on base lots of fun and education being passed around.
Medical Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), forest park gaNovember 12, 2014
a typical work day is like any other workday, tiring mixed with fun.
Great career training
Military Police Officer (Former Employee), Inkster, MINovember 11, 2014
The Army Reserves prepared me for a professional career and helped me afford to finish my degree while still being able to serve my country.
Too much time away from family
Construction Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 10, 2014
This is a rewarding job but requires to much time away from family.
Summary
Physical/Personnel Security Manager (Former Employee), Jackson, MSNovember 9, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: long hours
Worked as physical security manager at a reserve unit and personnel manager monitoring the security clearances and training of 130 certified instructors. Ensured they were scheduled for training for various certifications related to logistics to include all HAZMAT, Global Harmonization, etc.
High tempo work enviroment, ability to work as a team
Supply Sergeant (Current Employee), VariesNovember 9, 2014
Prioritize tasks and practice time management
supervise teams and assess to increase efficiency
tight knit group, everyone is like family
25-50% travel
ability to see how each job contributes to the overall mission
Working in an Information Operations Unit for the Army Reserves
Signals Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 7, 2014
A typical day in an IO unit would include reporting to my section and accomplishing what's on the tasked schedule for the day. We are encouraged to apply for additional training and available schools to enhance our careers. Sometime during the day we are required to attend a class about Operation Security or other military related issues. At the end – more... of the day, the whole unit conducts Physical Training (PT) to stay on top of our fitness. I enjoy being a part of a community where we work as a team to accomplish a goal. – less
Great Job
Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee), Columbus OhNovember 5, 2014
Same as last one. Rewarding career that i will never forget. Co-workers are very supportive and will be friends for life
very productive and an amazing opportunity to explore the world and people of other cultures
Petroleum Supply Specialist, USAR (Current Employee), Elwood, ILOctober 28, 2014
Pros: tricare
Cons: budget cuts
i love the army reserves. i love my battle buddies which are my brother and sisters in arm. I've learned skills such as communicating , team work building and leadership skills. It has been very beneficial for me. i plan on making a career out of the reserves.
Army Reserve
2nd Lieutenant (Signal Officer) (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 22, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: some weekends run late.
Typical job just like every other place. Lots of forced training that fills up most of your time. Either that or meetings. Depends on the type of unit that you're in.
Military Police
Military Police, 31B (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MDOctober 22, 2014
Pros: building leaders
Cons: deploying
The army is the best way to build leadership as well as a way to open up carer advancement.
US Army Reserves helps put extra cash in your pocket
Sergeant - Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee), Fort Drum, NYOctober 20, 2014
Ideal part time job to help pay the bills and secure our amazing country.
great work place
Medic/Healthcare Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Wainwright, AKOctober 16, 2014
medical skills, soldier skills, deployment skills, learn to work as a team as well as individually
Facts about the Military
Automated Logistical Specialist (Current Employee), Bell, CAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: lunch is free
Cons: they (leadership) keep the same hours even if finish our work a head of schedule, it will not matter.
A typical day at work consists of us NCO's (Non Commissioned Officers) making sure that our soldiers show up for Battle Assembly. We have to assist the Platoon Sgt. in making sure that all of our soldiers have the necessary paperwork in getting certain missions completed. I learn about new military regulations every time I drill. Management has their – more... moments. Sometimes Management are not consistent with their rules and regulations. The hard part of a job is keeping soldier accountable for their actions while looking for Senior Leadership to back us up. The exciting part of the job is that I get to see how the soldiers are doing on and off duty from the military. – less

1 2 3 4 5