United States Army Reserves

United States Army Reserves Employer Reviews

Great Place to work
Unit Supply Specialist (Current Employee), Milton, FLFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: health care, benifits, pay
Cons: sometime away from home for long periods
I'm thankful for being afforded the opportunity to continue serving my country. Superb audio, visual, hands on training! Very professional place to work.
US Army Reserve Staff Seargent
STAFF SEARGENT E-6 (Former Employee), 1110 North Fremont Avenue, Springfield, MO 65802February 23, 2015
Was responsible for the maintenance of equipment, soldiers wellbeing, planning and execution of complex tasks. Also was responsible for multiple additional duties.

I poured twelve years of my life into being a soldier. The education and experiences I received and earned have built me in to the person I am today. I have a confidence and ability that few outside the military will have. Being able to see the world and help make a positive change in the world means a lot to me. And I strive to continue that in to my civilian life.
Part Time/Military (Current Employee), RockfordFebruary 20, 2015
A typical drill weekend.
Reconnaissance Section Leader (Current Employee), Hammond, WisconsinFebruary 19, 2015
As a Staff Sergeant, my two main responsibilities are accomplishment of the mission and the welfare of my soldiers. I manage six soldiers and manage over 1 million dollars of equipment. The hardest part of my job is maintaining a state of combat readiness with so few days of available training. Conversely, this is what makes the job enjoyable; its the challenge of maintaining that readiness that keeps the job enjoyable.
Productive and meaningful work place
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee), Farrell, PAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: always learning new things
Cons: eat in lunches and long days
Checking and updating online systems and trackers. Learned to navigate online systems and what was needed on different trackers. Hardest part of the job was preparing new trackers and completing them by the deadline. Most enjoyable part of the job was completing my work on time or early and surpassing goals set for me.
US Army
377TH TSC RCMS ARB/RRT Project Manager (Current Employee), NCFebruary 17, 2015
For more than 13 consecutive years at war, Army Reserve Soldiers have brought skills, honed in the civilian sector, to contingency and Theater Security Cooperation missions across the globe. Today, those same Citizen-Soldiers are bringing enhanced skills to the communities where they live and work.
Great life experiences
Multimedia illustrator (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 16, 2015
A typical day in the Army is filled with amazing learning experiences and every day is very rewarding. You get to meet a variety of individuals from all over the world.
A New Side of the Army
Operations Material Plans NCO (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: to contribute to a great organization that still offer great benefits.
Cons: keeping civilian/military dates lined up do to changes
A typical day with my reserves unit start with our us planning our next real world mission in help our active duty counterpart accomplish there mission by serving as augmenting our times and services based upon our there needs and organization. The most difficult part can be that because we have civilian careers and the mission dates can change to keep them matched up. Management always tries to give the who,what,when,where and why of every mission so that we can plan as accurately as possible. They do a good job of foster the teamwork and family environment not just during drill time but in between as well.
Amazing
SGT/Soldier (Current Employee), EverywhereFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Join the Reserves and you'll know what I'm talking about. This is a great way to further yourself in life. The army reserves is the way to go.
Military Service
Master Sergeant (Current Employee), JBLMFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: annual physical requirements
Hard to put in words what military service provides a person. The Army is very mission focused, and there is never just one mission or project happening at the same time. I have become very skilled in project management by being able to effectively organize and prioritize projects or tasks resulting in excellent time managed projects.
The thing I do best
92A Automated Logistical Supply (Current Employee), Denver,coFebruary 13, 2015
I enjoy putting on the uniform every weekend that I drill or going out to the field for 2 weeks. Being able to serve this country is an honor and I wouldn't trade it in for anything.
Being able to help soldiers advance their careers in any shape or form.
Being able to work hand in hand with different backgrounds.
Applying motor skills and understanding the different types of vehicles.
Currently Enlisted
Non-Commissioned Officer (Current Employee), Belton, MOFebruary 10, 2015
The United States Army instills in me, skills and knowledge to excel in the civilian workplace and maintain the highest level of work ethic. Combine these qualities with discipline and integrity, I will prove valuable to any company.
Great place to learn things and work for
Military Police Officer (Current Employee), Davenport, IAFebruary 10, 2015
I am currently still in the Army as a Military Police Officer and have enjoyed all 8 years that I have been enlisted. I am glad that I made the choice to enlist, I made some of the greatest friends I could have ever asked for while in the Army.
92F
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Current Employee), Saint Charles, MOFebruary 10, 2015
• Receive, stock, issue and dispense bulk fuels
• Operate equipment used with petroleum and water distribution systems
• Plan and schedule petroleum transport
• Emphasized training in aviation refueling
Enlist
Petroleum and Water Supply Specialist (92F) (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: benefits, retirement, healthcare, education benefits
Cons: not active duty
Short and simple, if your not doing anything with your life, and need a fresh start. Enlist in the Armed Forces. Its the best choice of your life. No more, sitting and home, and getting high with your friends. Take advantage and do something with your life, and be somebody. But make sure you go active duty, its a whole another world.
Excellent working environment
Quartermaster and Chemical Equipment Repairer (Current Employee), Kinston, NCFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks, healthcare
Work round the clock to get the job done with fellow soldiers one weekend a month. Learn technical skills and other job talents to take you above and beyond in the civilian lifestyle.
Long Term career
CBRN Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Totten, NYFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: long term career
Cons: dangerous environment
I already wrote a review previous but I would also add that the hardest part of the job was serving in combat being away from my family and friends but with my awesome leadership with all got home together.
Productive and diverse environment.
Combat Medic (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: steady paycheck and benefits
Cons: not flexible working days
A typical day in the Army would be coming in to work at 7:45am each morning for a morning huddle, follwed by breaking off into our individual sections. Other soldiers will stop at each station to make sure their medical readiness is up to date, and make their last stop at Quality Control where I work. I review everyone else's work to make sure it has been done correctly, and stamp off on that soldier to be cleared.
My co-workers are very easy to get along with. We help each other out when they have questions, and work together to make our section solid.
The hardest part of the job would be the lack of help when we are scheduled to see a large group of soldiers that day. The work gets overwhelming, but we pick up each other's slack and we pull through.
The most enjoyable part of the job is having the opportunity to meet people from all over the United States and Puerto Rico. I have ran into a few people that I completed training with several years ago, and it is always nice to see how people are doing these days. I also love how diverse of a group we have here. We have soldiers from all different states wroking together, and that in itself has been wonderful.
Lovely place
Chaplains Assistant (Current Employee), scottsdale arizonaJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: ppl
Cons: pay
leanr how to be a soldier
managers are awesome
co workers are like family
hardest part of the job is when you dont pay attention
Challenging
92G48 Food Service Specialist-instructor/writer (Former Employee), Camp Parks, CaliforniaJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great pay, good benefits as active duty
Cons: eats your life.
It's not for everybody. You are valued as long as you are useful and once that is over, it is over.

1 2 3 4 5