United States Army Reserves

United States Army Reserves Employer Reviews

Always something to do and personnel to take care of
Captain/ 0-3 (Current Employee), Abingdon MDSeptember 28, 2014
As a Command Staff reservist, I am always on the go. I work around the clock. Not your average one weekend a month. I work with great leaders who mentor me and show me how to develop not only as a Commissioned Officer but as a human being. I love taking care of Soldiers. I love what I do. I stay available 24/7 to help those in need.
Awesome Experience
Medical Administration Officer (Current Employee), SLC, UTSeptember 26, 2014
I've enjoyed my time in the US Army Reserves thus far. I've got great training and experiences with my various units and groups. I've had the opportunity to do things I never imagined before joining. Co-workers are great and the environment is like no other.
Monthly Warrior
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 23, 2014
One is able to learn and excell as much or as little as possible. Physical fitness readiness is a must.
Network operations at a Tier I level.
Helpdesk customer service with the ability to drop what you are doing to assist high ranking individuals with immediate issues.
Training one weekend per month, two weeks per year.
Health Care Specialist (Current Employee), Omaha, NESeptember 21, 2014
The Health Care Specialist is primarily responsible for providing emergency medical treatment, limited primary care and health protection and evacuation from a point of injury or illness. Health Care Specialists are often called "combat medics" in the Army, because some Soldiers in this MOS are assigned to deploy with Army combat units, and provide – more... emergency medical treatment directly on the battlefield. Other Health Care Specialists are assigned to military hospitals and clinics to assist doctors and nurses with the health care needs of patients. Administer emergency medical treatment to battlefield casualties. Assist with outpatient and inpatient care and treatment. Interview patients and recording their medical histories. Take patients' temperature, pulse and blood pressure. Prepare blood samples for laboratory analysis. Keep health records and clinical files up-to-date. Give shots and medicines to patients. Prepare patients, operating rooms, equipment and supplies for surgery.
Training Information
Job training for a health care specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 16 weeks of Advanced Individual Training, including practice in-patient care. Certification with the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians. – less
USAR
Specialist E-4- 91k Armament Repair (Current Employee), Fort Meade, MDSeptember 19, 2014
Im a Armorer in the USAR. I drill once a month and have annual training once a year. I fix and maintain weapons for my own and other units in the area. Ive learned the basics and advanced skills of being a 91K (Armorer).
Exciting and Challenging
Behavioral Health Specialist, SSG (Current Employee), Mesa,AZSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: great health benefits
Cons: deployments
The military has opened many doors for me. Typical work day is morning formation.
-Learned to take care of fellow soldiers
-Management can be difficult at times but its for the best.
I learned alot about myself
Personnel Services Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2014
I am proud to say that I served my country early in life. My service has definitely been the foundation of upon which I have built my standards as an administrative assistant.
good work enviornment
Automated Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Monclova, OHSeptember 16, 2014
Easy to learn the job
Supervisors willing to help teach you how to do the job
Army of One
Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee), charlotte, ncSeptember 15, 2014
I joined the Army to serve my country and get an education. I love what I do.
Excellent experience
Military Police (Former Employee), New York, New YorkSeptember 13, 2014
Excellent experience and learned a lot about teamwork and dedication.
Supply Specialist (Current Employee), Davenport, IASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: great people, fun environment
Cons: work conditions varied
A typical work day contained many shipments incoming and outgoing. I learned numerous organizational tactics and gained time management experience. The current management was very down to earth and understanding, However always expected the best out of there employee's. The hardest part about the job was the numerous amounts of work loads and deadlines. – more... I considered the most enjoyable part of my job and or duties was when certain missions or objectives that needed to be met that involved additional troops it was great for moral boosting. – less
Being a civilian and also a soldier for your country.
Psychological Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Sheridan, ILSeptember 9, 2014
The United States Army Reserves gives soldiers Army training close to home to be able to live their lives as a civilian with their families as well as being up to par with their soldiering skills. It is a great transitioning phase for Active Duty soldiers to enter the civilian sector of the United States.
Army Reserves
Behavioral Health Specialist (Current Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: health insurance, gi bill, room for advancement
Cons: can't think of any
Enlisting was quite possibly the best decision that I have made thus far. The benefits of joining up seem to far outweigh the cons. Only go to drill one weekend a month and have annual training for 2-3 weeks out of the year.
Military
Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INSeptember 3, 2014
Great Job choice great work enviornment couldn't ask for anything better long hours but we make it fun
Military
Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INSeptember 3, 2014
wonderful place to work
38B - Civil Affairs Specialist (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 31, 2014
one weekend every month and two weeks out of every summer. my unit is awesome and takes care of each other. usually my day (on a drill weekend) begins at 7 in the morning and ends at 6 in the evening. activities vary month to month depending on what brigade has for my battalion to do.
A good alternative to begin or finish your military career.
Food service Supervisor (Former Employee), Winterville, NCAugust 31, 2014
Pros: benefits, healthcare, and educational and tuition programs
Cons: cannot collect retirement until the age of 62. 401k is taxed
Reserve unit is well trained in assigned MOS but is weak in basic urban-combat skills. Leaders will keep all service member informed of all assignments and will work with the Soldier. The unit will at times receive assignments on family holidays. Thus, the leadership may receive assignments late causing disorganization within the unit.
Very educational with a lot of experience
Military Police Officer (Current Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 29, 2014
Management of 42 Soldiers and $6,000,000.00 of equipment while planning and conducting Military Police Operations.Responsible for emergency response and casualty evacuation and emergency treatment. Responsible for securing attack sites while evacuating personnel and equipment.
Productive and good work place
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJAugust 27, 2014
daily tasking and tasks put out by command lots of learning experience
Diverse workplace which allows room for advancement and leardership skills
Team Leader/Military Police (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLAugust 25, 2014
The Army Reserve allows Soldiers to find skills and abilities that they may not have known they were capable of doing. It opens new opportunities and provides obstacles which will strengthen ones knowledge and skills.

1 2 3 4 5