United States Army Reserves Employee Reviews

Best job working for the greatest country the USA
89A (Current Employee), Cross Lanes, WVJuly 29, 2015
Pros: work environment
Cons: alot of time spent away from family and friends
Love it, its one of the only jobs ive ever had that can keep me busy and interested and wanting to work harder and learn new ways to help benefit myself my teammates and my company.
General Military Benefits and Travel
Transportation Management Coordinator (Former Employee), Panama City, FloridaJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Travel the world, Excellent Job Training and Benefits
Cons: Its the military
Traveled the world and acquired excellent job training, guidance and strong support network. Advancement is always present if you wish present the challenge to yourself.
productive and fun
o Signal Support Satellite Specialist (25U) (Current Employee), Belton,TxJuly 23, 2015
there isnt much really to say we woke up early went to our job site did the work we needed to do and thats about it great management and good co-workers
It was new as for me being a female doing constructiuon. The job, comp/benefits, they were all ok. I feel like this would be forever.
Diesel engine mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Meade, MDJuly 23, 2015
Pros: I know to have worked on building a tunnel.
Cons: Not getting hurt
We worked hard, and learned how to build. The manager a very was interesting character, and the co worker was eager to assist. And hardest part was going down the stairs, they were very steep. The enjoyable part was the ideal of build the fort McHenry tunnel.
Productive work place, trips out of town
Senior Food Service Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Gordon, GAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Free lunchs, long breaks, one weekned a month, two weeks a year.
Cons: Long days and short nights
I loved being in the Army Reserves, The Reserves taught me how to be a leader, how to deal with different people from different walks of life. My co- workers were team players. The hardest part of my job was being promoted outside of my company and starting all over fresh at a new company.
Slower-paced than active duty but still a great learning experience.
Cook (Former Employee), Duluth, MNJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Everyone pulled together to get things done in a timely matter.
Cons: Should have received more physical training.
One weekend a month drills. Good team members. Hardest part was getting used to only cooking for around 40 soldiers compared to 400 plus in Active Duty.
Aircraft Pneudraulics Mechanic (Former Employee), N/AJuly 15, 2015
Employment as an Army Reservist was a great experience. I've learned to become a leader of a team and how to become accountable to for everything that happens in my line of work.
Love it
❸ Food Service Specialist- (Current Employee), San Antonio, TexasJuly 12, 2015
I love that I joined the Army Reserves, but it is only one weekend a month. Because of this I need to obtain a full time job. A typical day varies within this field because you are a soldier first and a cook next. Some weekends I cook and some we do supply or office work.
The Army Reserves was a great stepping stone to management opportunities.
Combat Instructor (Former Employee), Fort Hunter Leggitt, CaliforniaJuly 10, 2015
Pros: I received benefits such as retirement points and healthcare.
Cons: The training was redundant.
Although the Marine Corps was where I learned my leadership skills, the Army Reserves was a great place to utilize and perfect my skills. On a day to day basis I would be charge of instructing, teaching, and overseeing 6-10 troops. These would be troops that would be deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan. Overall if was a great employment opportunity.
A Typical day at work
Transportation (Current Employee), Anniston, ALJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Free buffet lunch
Cons: Long hot/cold days
A typical day at work would be out in the motor pool PMCS the trucks to ensure safety. The hardest part of the job would be actually driving because it can be a little scary on civilian roads.
fun place
Motor transportation operator (Current Employee), buffalo mnJuly 7, 2015
Pros: health care
Cons: chain of command
its a good thing to defend the nation. The joy of knowing you are part of a free country. i serve the nation with pride and i am ready to defend its constitution and freedom
Proud to serve and protect the people of the USA.
Automated Logistics Specialist (92A) (Current Employee), Macon, GAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Protecting the country
Cons: One weekend per month, not enough pay
Establish and maintain records such as stock list spreadsheets, material control, inventory, supply reports and accounting. Review and verify quantities received against bills of contracts ship documents and purchase requests. Monthly responsibilities include unloading and storing incoming equipment and supplies in database. Administer document control procedures and maintain stock location systems. Prepare requests and turn-in documents at direct support level through warehousing sections. Perform prescribed load list and shop stock list duties according to manual and automated supply applications. Managed shop stock of 200 items that cost $500,000. Prepare, explain, and distribute shipping documents in accordance to regulations.
Great leaders and training
Sergeant E-5, Vet Food Inspector (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXJuly 7, 2015
One of the best places to learn to be a leader and educator. Can be stressful but worth it at the end of the day. Incredible Culture of the Military and leaders
It sucks
Drill Sergeant Candidate (Current Employee), LouisianaJune 29, 2015
Totally and completely unorganized. I do not recommend this profession or type of work to anyone. Unless I hate you. Booo. It Sucks.
Great Place
Deputy Director of Transportation (Current Employee), Marysville, WaJune 29, 2015
Outstanding opportunities if you apply yourself and seek out full time work. Mission changes constantly and you must be ready to change with it.
Productive, hardwork, and learned alot!
Food Service Specialist (92G) (Current Employee), Barrigada, GUJune 28, 2015
Pros: Many oppurtunites!!!!!
Cons: Anything goes no matter what M.O.S!
Being in Army Reserves was a great experience! Met many new people all over the world and the chance to know them and there culture, but most importantly when called upon to serve in combat I was very honored to serve our country to the up most!
Outstanding organization for patriots
Executive Officer (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXJune 28, 2015
The United States Army Reserves is an outstanding organization. This institution is rich in morals and values and supports a unique culture.
Productive work environment
United States Army (Current Employee), Sloan, NVJune 25, 2015
Arrive to work on time with out an excuses, then proceed with the day and begin working on fixing vehicles in a timely manner to in the commanders request.
Productive and fun workplace
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Eustis, VAJune 24, 2015
Pros: Great learning experiences
Cons: Only worked one weekend out of the month
Working with and learning about computers and routers with great management and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was remembering all of the given information but everything about the job was very enjoyable.
Good
Intelligence Officer (35) (Current Employee), VAJune 24, 2015
It is very good.