United States Army Reserves

United States Army Reserves Employer Reviews

A great way to serve and grow
Automated Logistics Clerk (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Establish and maintain stock records and other documents such as inventory, material control, accounting and supply reports
Review and verify quantities received against bills of contracts, purchase requests and shipping documents
Unload, unpack, count, segregate, palletize and store incoming supplies and equipment
Construct bins, shelving and other storage aids
Simplify and standardize the collection and use of maintenance data
Raise the quality and accuracy of performance, cost and parts data through improved maintenance management
Training
Behavior Health Specialist (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 20, 2015
-Military task review
-update profiles
-keep up to date with field training
-up to date on specialties (behavior health)
-preparedness/Army readiness
Best decision I made
Geospatial Engineer (Current Employee), Los Alamitos, CAJanuary 20, 2015
I joined the U.S Army last year and never looked back. It was a humbling experience and something I take great pride in.
A great career
Public Affairs Sergeant (Current Employee), Lakehurst, NJJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: great benefits like healthcare, tuition assistance, gaining skills
Cons: may be called to deply in hostile areas/overseas
The Army is a good place to be, but it isn't for everyone. If you are dedicated and focused, there isn't anything that can't be accomplished while serving.
Mechanics
91B All Wheel Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee), Opelika, AlabamaJanuary 16, 2015
It taught me many things about the vehicles in the Army and how to work on them. The people i worked with help keep you sane and well grounded.
Productive and Active place helping Soldiers
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Dix, NJJanuary 15, 2015
Love Being able to help Soldiers with paperwork and helping them finish their training to get promoted.
Strict workplace
Soldier (Former Employee), Ft Polk, LAJanuary 14, 2015
I learned time management and how to lead others.
My superiors took the time to teach me lifelong skills.
Co workers were very supportive and helped when I needed it.
A richly rewarding work environment
Senior Info / LAN Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2015
I had a lot of fun learning and working with these men and women.
Do not enjoy it
Specialist Summer (Current Employee), Brevard, NCJanuary 12, 2015
We update all of our records, conduct physical training as well as job training.
Professional environment
UH-60 Pilot (Officer) (153D) (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJanuary 10, 2015
Great training environment.
Great way to learn skills and to learn new things.
Great way to serve the country.
Challenging
FOOD SERVICES / TRANSPORTATION (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: going different places in the world
Cons: working one weekend out of the month only
FOOD SERVICES
Prepare small and large quantities of food, cook, clean, took head counts, prepared salad bar, took inventory
TRANSPORTATION
Operates all wheel vehicles and equipment, manage entrucking and detrucking of personnel being transported, checks for proper loading and unloading of cargo on vehicles and trailers, secures cargo against inclement weather, pilferage and damage; correct and report vehicle deficiencies, operates vehicle component material handling equipment as required, organize and participate in convoys, dispatches vehicles and verify vehicle logbooks, receives and fills requests from authorized persons for motor transport, compiles time, mileage and load data.
Productive and enjoyable environment
Military Police Investigator - Reservist (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 8, 2015
I instruct fellow civilian Reservists on proper Military Police Investigations procedures.
I enjoy working for the United States Army Reserve.
Quartermaster and CBRN Equipment Repairer (Current Employee), Orangeburg, SCJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: n/a
I receive ample challenges throughout my day that I have enough time to correct in an expedient amount of time. The job includes working on MicroSoft Office, on multiple screens, hands-on experience with necessary equipment and soldier management.
It was eventful and an amazing experience.
Combat Medic (Current Employee), Kuwait/Bell, CA/Seagoville, TXJanuary 5, 2015
I was a combat medic and I was deployed for a year. I learned a lot about patient care and how to adapt quickly in different environments. I would screen patients and use reasoning and tests to help diagnose their medical problems. It was a fun and enjoyable environment, despite the sickness and injuries all around.
Combat Service Support training and development environment for leaders
Information Technology Officer (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSDecember 30, 2014
Pros: has great benefits, paid for college, and allows me the opportunity to travel the world to work with a variety of people.
Cons: positions are limited due to budget cuts in the military.
a typical day at my army reserve job is training leaders to be mission ready for deployment overseas. In the short time as an officer in the reserves I have learned how to manage soldiers and organize plans that will help my subordinates and I accomplish the task at hands. The organization has competent leaders who are very pleasant to work with. When I first got to the organization, they welcomed me with open arms and help me as I transitioned from college. The hardest part of the job would be keeping the team motivated, and I say this because as a leader your subordinates are all different and different things motivate each and every individual. Finally, the most enjoyable part of the job is when my subordinates are positive and working hard to create a less stressful environment.
Great organization to be part of and great benefits for school
Water Treatment Specialist (92W) (Current Employee), Winterville, NCDecember 30, 2014
Being in the Army Reserves is a great place to build teamwork and a place to learn discipline and earn great benefits for school. You attend one weekend a month and two weeks out the summer for annual training.
very fun and educating
transportation (Current Employee), Galax, VADecember 17, 2014
Pros: military
Cons: long hours
extremely fun and worthy work fun easy to get along with people always learning something new
Hardworking, motivated, and professional work environment
Career Development (Current Employee), Davenport, IowaDecember 10, 2014
Pros: free food and great experiences.
Cons: long hours and little sleep.
A typical day at work for the past year would consist of showing up the facility for early guard mount. In guard mount we would do roll call as well as being informed on what happened over night, what will need to be done during the day, and out positions of the day. Then we would work for 12 hours and start all over again the next day.
At most it will be 50 soldiers working in the facility and all day we are there for the care, custody, and control of the detainees and the camp.
The hardest part of the job would be working with the detainees because we are looking at the enemy in the face everyday.
The most enjoyable part of the day is working with my fellow soldiers. No matter if you're not the best of friends we had to be there for each other to get through the day.
Definitely not active duty.
Unit Supply Specialist (92Y) (Former Employee), Lafayette, LADecember 6, 2014
Could have been worse I guess. Vastly different from active duty but a good opportunity for someone looking for a change from civilian life.
lots of room to grow and learn
Field Communications Instructor (Current Employee), Fort McCoy, WIDecember 4, 2014
- lots of fun
- i love to learn new stuff and this was the perfect oppurtunity

1 2 3 4 5