United States Army Reserves

United States Army Reserves Employee Reviews

Challenging and exciting
Paralegal Specialist (Current Employee), El Paso, TXApril 13, 2015
Great way to meet new people and work with a good chain of command. Great trainings that we get throughout the year. Get to travel for training and visit great places.
Good
Signal Support System Specialist (Current Employee), GovernmentApril 12, 2015
Love working for the army. Benefits are great and helps me take care of my family. Travel is also great. Met different people and made unforgettable memories. Hours are long but worth it.
Soldier
Soldier (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 8, 2015
Love my USA. Being in the military was the best thing that could happen to a young man.

Every young man or woman should join!
Army Medic/Nurse
Medic/LPN (Current Employee), Bartonville, ILApril 7, 2015
Performed basic and advanced patient assessments.
Assessed patient condition through physical and verbal exams and collected information from others at the scene.
Monitored patients for changes, and reviewed and revised plans accordingly
Great Experience, Fulfilling Position
Commander, HHD 719th MCB, 1st Lieutenant (Current Employee), Brockton, MAApril 6, 2015
Great if you feel a need to serve your country. The officer route is perfect for people with leadership skills and determination.
N/A
Supply & Services Manager / NCO (Current Employee), Wichita, KS 67210April 1, 2015
Work day starts early and goes into the the late evening. I learned alot. Management is great traeting everyone with respect. The hardest part of the job is being awy form family.
Administration Assistant (Current Employee), caMarch 31, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: na
Provides advice to subordinate units and is the authoritative resource person on diverse military personnel questions or problems in a multitude of action areas including strength management and assuring compliance with procedures and regulations. Provides technical guidance to reservists assigned to assist in functional areas.
Manage administrative and clerical operations of the headquarters office. Direct administrative services and personnel operations for internal operation of the headquarters. Coordinate and supervise training of ART or Reserve personnel performing administrative and clerical duties at the headquarters.
Serves as the scan operator and authorized official in the Personnel Electronic Records Management System (iPERMS).
Productive and fun work environment.
Laundry Shower Specialist, 92S Duties (Current Employee), Fort Totten, NYMarch 30, 2015
I start in the morning and we have formation. We work on the LADS which means Laundry advance system. We go to lunch and than we take some classes. Than we end the day with formation and what we got plan for next month.
It is what you make of it.
Sergeant - Generator Mechanic (Current Employee), Fort Meade, MDMarch 30, 2015
Army reserves provides people with opportunities to do great things if they are willing and able. It teaches people time management and other useful skills.
Learning to become a leader
Dental Assistant in the U.S. Army Reserves I (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Learning how to become a leader
Cons: Some situations can be stressful on the family
My experience with the United States Army Reserve has been a good one. There is pride in what you do unmeasurable. In the reserves it is different than being "full time" or active. You must be self motivated. Keeping in shape to comply with the Army's standards, fulfilling education requirements, and advancing through the ranks. I learned a form of leadership that cannot be taught in a classroom but resonates with people from all walks of life. For the managent portion of this review I will insert my views on my superiors since the Army's garrison is not likened to a traditional cvilian managment structure. The garrison is a rank structure that is proven for the work you do within the military that is set up to be versatile since you will experience the leadership of many different commanders. Your co-workers are your fellow soldiers who you train for life and death situations with and have your back no matter what. The hardest part of the job is maintaining yourself and being prepared by motivating yourself. The most enjoyable part of the job is all the things you get to do that you otherwise probably never get to do.
It's the Military
All Source Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), ColoradoMarch 28, 2015
Like all military units depends on which one you work with and the leadership that manages the unit. The unit I'm attached to is fair and most of the times considerate when it comes to someone's life.
Outstanding leadership opportunities
Team Leader (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 26, 2015
Pros: In 6 years, I will retire.
Cons: In 6 years, I will retire
I manage and mentor troops for the next stage of promotion. I ensure that same values and determination is placed in their hearts just as my mentors did for me. Best decision I made for my life.
Great people to work with.
Cadet Instructor (Former Employee), Joint Base Lewis McChord, WAMarch 25, 2015
My time in the United States Army truly shaped who I have become and has made a huge impact on the direction my life has taken. The discipline, attention to detail, and values I learned have been instrumental in my success and will continue to impact my professional and personal life going forward.
Weekend Warrior
Psychological Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 24, 2015
We disseminate information and assitance to foreign target audiences in order to achieve US national objectives. Your experience may vary depending on leadership aall levels.
Great organization to be apart of
Staff Sergeant (Current Employee), variousMarch 19, 2015
Learn a wide variety of skills
Opportunity to serve the county
Opportunity to travel
Multiple opportunities for growth and advancement
Challenging and rewarding being able to learn and quickly apply the skills
To serve the Nation and the Community is a privilege and an honor.
Drill Sergeant (Current Employee), Fort Thomas, KYMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Health Insurance.
It is my honor to serve both the nation and the Community this opportunity would not be available to me with out the Army Reserves. it allows me to be an intricate part of the community, while serving the nation by training the next generation of soldiers to meet this nations needs, and to help develop the into the leaders of tomorrow.
Its not the best company but its good enough
Supply Specialist (Current Employee), Seagoville, TXMarch 16, 2015
The best part is you are actually serving your nation and its a thing of pride. I love being in the US army and i will do it again if i have to
I enjoyed the Army career because I learned a lot, got to travel & meet a lot of nice people & receive a lot of varitions of training.
North United States Senior Regional Area Manager (Former Employee), Topeka, KSMarch 16, 2015
Pros: job security (until government cutback), pay, retirement, working with some great soldiers / instructors, traveling to all the places my military career took me to.
Cons: being retired early, (government cutback), with an unblemished career, having some soldiers that put their friends in front of others, when it came to receiving new uniforms or supplies from the battalion.
A normal day with the Army Reserve, started with checking attendance, visiting with my instructors to see how their month went & then looking over the training schedule, assigning work to each of my Regional Area Managers. Having conference calls on Saturday morning to discuss training matters of upcoming events. It was sometimes difficult to receive the materials we needed from our Battalion, which was located in Bossier City, Louisiana. I had a lot of very talented instructors, that had a take charge attitude so I didn't have to baby sit them to ensure that the work load was being taken care of. I mainly enjoyed passing on the knowledge that I had learned over my 27 years of service. It was also very nice to receive the respect from the public when traveling to all the places that I did.
at times i miss it
Cable Systems Installer (Former Employee), East Point, GAMarch 15, 2015
i enjoyed serving but i enjoy my life as a civilian
i do regret not serving my time active duty though
hardest part as a reservist was instilling the army regulations in your regular lifestyle
Great People and fast pace
Medical Laboratory Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville KYMarch 13, 2015
Pros: benifits
Cons: long days short nights
Its the Military
There isn't much I can say about it.
I am really just trying to take up space
that way you will let me submit this account

United States Army Reserves Salaries