United States Army Reserves Employee Reviews

A great place to start
Information Systems Management Officer (Current Employee), Fort Gordon, GAJune 23, 2015
The United States Army Reserves is a great place to start a new career and learn a trade or skill. The benefits are numerous and opportunities are endless.
Great Place to work for
Logistics, Quality Control (Current Employee), Newtown Square, PAJune 21, 2015
Great people to work with. Serving your country once a month is the least you can do. I am proud to be in the best military in the world.
organization needs much improvement
COLONEL / BATTALION COMMANDER (Current Employee), South El Monte, CAJune 19, 2015
The culture of this company was hostile. Certain individuals were allowed to run rampant and actually sabotage projects. The management was for the most part less than support of people making progress and more than supportive of managers and leaders making false allegations.
great experience
Ammunition Specialist (Current Employee), Conroe, TXJune 18, 2015
Great! Would recommend it to anyone to join the service. I choose to be discharged due to pregnancy and to be a full time mother.
Rewarding career field
Platoon Leader (Current Employee), Nashville, TnJune 17, 2015
Pros: Making a difference in an indivuduals life
Cons: Long days
Being in the military and leading Soldiers is one of the best choices I have made. Once a month and 2 weekends a year I am able to work one on one with my Soldiers to train, lead, and motivate them to be their best. The normal duties are supervising training and planning follow on training for the up coming battle assemblies where we meet.
Army
Supply Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJune 16, 2015
I love being in the Army Reserves they help me with skills that ill use in my everyday life. The Army helps me become a better person, helps me be more focused and motivated.
Biomedical Equipment Technician
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Current Employee), Iowa and AfghanistanJune 13, 2015
Pros: Living the Army values
A typical day as a Biomed would consist of working on multiple pieces of equipment that need serviced. I have worked on everything from an ultrasound unit to an X-Ray room. The services that a Biomed provides is preventive maintenance, calibration and repair; the system that the army uses to keep track of all of the scheduled and unscheduled services is DMLSS.
United States Army Reserves
36k10 Tactical wire operator specialist (Former Employee), Nashville, TennesseeJune 12, 2015
Pros: Life Skills
Cons: Non
The US Army is a great place to start. They give me my first skill sets. A typical day as a tactical wire operator specialist involves setting up combat phone lines and switchboards. Management is the chain of command, In 1981 it was the honorable Ronald Reagan.
My Co-Workers were all part of the 401st prisoner of war Camp Base in Nashville, Tennessee. The hardest part of the job was to do night repairs of damaged phone lines.
The most enjoyable part of the job, was being part of the US Army.
Wonderful place to work
Budget/Program Analyst (Former Employee), Fort DixJune 8, 2015
Pros: Great pay, benefits
Would still be working there, however I was Army Garrison and Air Force Garrison took over the base and no need for Army Garrison
5+ years of Experience
Signal Support System Specialist (Former Employee), Durham, NCMay 28, 2015
Making straight and crossover cables
Keeping an updated record of all IT equipment
Answer phone calls and respond back to emails
Collaborate and work with team members
Troubleshoot any hardware or software issues
Happy to a part of it
Military Police Investigator (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 26, 2015
Have great leaders who continue to teach me great leadership.
Helped mold me into a quality individual. Great life decision.
Productive and tough tough environment
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Barling, ARMay 25, 2015
Very beneficial work and very disciplined individuals. Great leaders and leaders in training. Hardest part of the day is probably all of it.
Fun and fast paced, Exciting and rewarding
Wheeled Mechanic (Current Employee), 460th Quartermaster Unit Suffolk VirginiaMay 19, 2015
Pros: college tuition, continue to serve and hold a civilian job.
The Army Reserve provides trained, equipped and ready Soldiers, Leaders, and Units to meet America’s requirements at home and abroad.
Great environment
Engineer Soldier (Current Employee), Hilo, HIMay 17, 2015
Pros: free lunch, great benefits
Cons: NA
I love working with my unit. Best unit on island. Great soldiers. Always working together as a team. Overseas mission every summer is awesome
Great
Signal Support Systems Specialist (Current Employee), Miami, FlMay 15, 2015
The military rocks its a great place to learn and meet new people. Easy money if you don't mind working for it. Always keep and open mind and you'll go far
Executive Officer
Executive Officer (Current Employee), Kapolei, HIMay 13, 2015
Pros: Leaership, Integrity, Loyalty
Cons: None
This position has help me to coordinate different medical operations with other field grade officers within the medical services corps and different functional components within the Unites States Army.
Great lifestyle but long contracts
Dental Specialist (Current Employee), Joint Base Lewis McChord, WAMay 12, 2015
Pros: great pay, expierence, good training
Cons: always lose papers, short notice for deployments/mobilazations
Life in the reserves is great, but you rarely get to practice your mos and there is a lot of administrative work going on while you are at drill. When you first sign up you don't take in consideration that the contract is actually real and at first eight years do not seem like anything at all, but after awhile it can become a lot to think about. A lot can happen in eight years, but at the end of the day it is a rewarding feeling to be part of the Reserves.
same
Supply Specialist/Custodian (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 8, 2015
worked school training running drinking water preparing for the war or if have to be sent off in the war attended classes to learn and master our mos which means the job we are going to be doing if sent off to war
E3
E3 (Former Employee), United StatesMay 4, 2015
Take orders, defending the country against any kind of terrorism domestic and foreign. Learned to be disciplined with not only work, but my whole life.
productive,
Internment ressetlement specialist (Current Employee), Concord, CAApril 29, 2015
Pros: great experience
Cons: away from family
team leader positions held, detainee operations, hand to hand combat training . escorting detained persons, and providing care, custody and control in a secure prison .