United States Army Reserves

United States Army Reserves United States Employee Reviews

I enjoyed the Army career because I learned a lot, got to travel & meet a lot of nice people & receive a lot of varitions of training.
North United States Senior Regional Area Manager (Former Employee), Topeka, KSMarch 16, 2015
Pros: job security (until government cutback), pay, retirement, working with some great soldiers / instructors, traveling to all the places my military career took me to.
Cons: being retired early, (government cutback), with an unblemished career, having some soldiers that put their friends in front of others, when it came to receiving new uniforms or supplies from the battalion.
A normal day with the Army Reserve, started with checking attendance, visiting with my instructors to see how their month went & then looking over the training schedule, assigning work to each of my Regional Area Managers. Having conference calls on Saturday morning to discuss training matters of upcoming events. It was sometimes difficult to receive the materials we needed from our Battalion, which was located in Bossier City, Louisiana. I had a lot of very talented instructors, that had a take charge attitude so I didn't have to baby sit them to ensure that the work load was being taken care of. I mainly enjoyed passing on the knowledge that I had learned over my 27 years of service. It was also very nice to receive the respect from the public when traveling to all the places that I did.
at times i miss it
Cable Systems Installer (Former Employee), East Point, GAMarch 15, 2015
i enjoyed serving but i enjoy my life as a civilian
i do regret not serving my time active duty though
hardest part as a reservist was instilling the army regulations in your regular lifestyle
Great People and fast pace
Medical Laboratory Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville KYMarch 13, 2015
Pros: benifits
Cons: long days short nights
Its the Military
There isn't much I can say about it.
I am really just trying to take up space
that way you will let me submit this account
Military Service
Military Personnel (Former Employee), Washington DCMarch 11, 2015
Pros: Very organize
Cons: none
The Army provided the opportunity to serve and defend my country. It provided the resources to develop my leadership skills.
Great enviroment
Soldier/12N Engineer (Current Employee), Sheffield, ALMarch 10, 2015
Day at drill is doing maintenance on equipment, weapons training, and multiple classes. Love the soldiers I serve with. Hardest part is being away from my family, but I love being a soldier
One of a Kind
Sergeant First Class (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAMarch 10, 2015
Enable knowledge flow to enhance shared understanding, learning, and decision-making resulting in better decisions and enabling improved flexibility, adaptability, integration, and synchronization in order to achieve a position of relative advantage
Nothing like serving your country
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 9, 2015
Nothing like serving your country, training is hard on the body but the benefits outweigh the physical pain. You learn leadership skills, how to follow orders, chain of command, you become physically fit and obtain veteran benefits upon honorable discharge.
It wasn't what was expected
Carpentry and Masonry Specialist, Specialist (Former Employee), Scranton, PAMarch 4, 2015
We trained one weekend a month.

Training consisted of sitting in classes all day, not necessarily conducting military training.
Strategic working environment
Information Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 3, 2015
My job as a Information Systems Analyst is a very important factor in this line of work. Standards are exceeded and missions are always critical. I learn new things about the job everyday and the management is key to a successful mission. The hardest part of the job is failing to do whats required. I love the work ethics that my fellow co-workers posses and how it is family oriented.
Great place to work for, but did tired of management at times
Wiring Systems Specialist/Infantry Man (Former Employee), LSA Anaconda/RamadiMarch 2, 2015
Pros: patriotism and great team members
Cons: hard to find
PT every morning was great to exercise,
Learned to work in a fast paced environment with great team members.
The greatest managers are those that can trust their team and make a difference .
Dealing with serious dangers hardest .
The most enjoyable part is looking out for your brothers.
Great workplace with Great NCO's and officers
91 Bravo (Current Employee), Bedford VaFebruary 26, 2015
Always learning new mechanical traits on all sorts of military vehicles to keep the army running. Building teamwork and leadership skills every drill weekend.
Lots of fun and travel
Wheel Mechanic (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 25, 2015
Great people lots of travel and once of a lifetime experiences. I enjoyed learning and traveling while i was in the reserves. They provided me with the training i needed to succeed.
drill
Generator Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Gordon, GAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: free money
Cons: short lunches
alot of time us soldiers would sit around because the sgt didnt not have the plans ready for drill. so we either clean for hours until they was ready or just sat around and wait.
Great Place to work
Unit Supply Specialist (Current Employee), Milton, FLFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: health care, benifits, pay
Cons: sometime away from home for long periods
I'm thankful for being afforded the opportunity to continue serving my country. Superb audio, visual, hands on training! Very professional place to work.
US Army Reserve Staff Seargent
STAFF SEARGENT E-6 (Former Employee), 1110 North Fremont Avenue, Springfield, MO 65802February 23, 2015
Was responsible for the maintenance of equipment, soldiers wellbeing, planning and execution of complex tasks. Also was responsible for multiple additional duties.

I poured twelve years of my life into being a soldier. The education and experiences I received and earned have built me in to the person I am today. I have a confidence and ability that few outside the military will have. Being able to see the world and help make a positive change in the world means a lot to me. And I strive to continue that in to my civilian life.
Part Time/Military (Current Employee), RockfordFebruary 20, 2015
A typical drill weekend.
Reconnaissance Section Leader (Current Employee), Hammond, WisconsinFebruary 19, 2015
As a Staff Sergeant, my two main responsibilities are accomplishment of the mission and the welfare of my soldiers. I manage six soldiers and manage over 1 million dollars of equipment. The hardest part of my job is maintaining a state of combat readiness with so few days of available training. Conversely, this is what makes the job enjoyable; its the challenge of maintaining that readiness that keeps the job enjoyable.
Productive and meaningful work place
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee), Farrell, PAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: always learning new things
Cons: eat in lunches and long days
Checking and updating online systems and trackers. Learned to navigate online systems and what was needed on different trackers. Hardest part of the job was preparing new trackers and completing them by the deadline. Most enjoyable part of the job was completing my work on time or early and surpassing goals set for me.
US Army
377TH TSC RCMS ARB/RRT Project Manager (Current Employee), NCFebruary 17, 2015
For more than 13 consecutive years at war, Army Reserve Soldiers have brought skills, honed in the civilian sector, to contingency and Theater Security Cooperation missions across the globe. Today, those same Citizen-Soldiers are bringing enhanced skills to the communities where they live and work.
Great life experiences
Multimedia illustrator (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 16, 2015
A typical day in the Army is filled with amazing learning experiences and every day is very rewarding. You get to meet a variety of individuals from all over the world.

United States Army Reserves Salaries