United States Army Reserves

United States Army Reserves United States Employee Reviews

A New Side of the Army
Operations Material Plans NCO (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: to contribute to a great organization that still offer great benefits.
Cons: keeping civilian/military dates lined up do to changes
A typical day with my reserves unit start with our us planning our next real world mission in help our active duty counterpart accomplish there mission by serving as augmenting our times and services based upon our there needs and organization. The most difficult part can be that because we have civilian careers and the mission dates can change to keep them matched up. Management always tries to give the who,what,when,where and why of every mission so that we can plan as accurately as possible. They do a good job of foster the teamwork and family environment not just during drill time but in between as well.
Amazing
SGT/Soldier (Current Employee), EverywhereFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Join the Reserves and you'll know what I'm talking about. This is a great way to further yourself in life. The army reserves is the way to go.
Military Service
Master Sergeant (Current Employee), JBLMFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: annual physical requirements
Hard to put in words what military service provides a person. The Army is very mission focused, and there is never just one mission or project happening at the same time. I have become very skilled in project management by being able to effectively organize and prioritize projects or tasks resulting in excellent time managed projects.
The thing I do best
92A Automated Logistical Supply (Current Employee), Denver,coFebruary 13, 2015
I enjoy putting on the uniform every weekend that I drill or going out to the field for 2 weeks. Being able to serve this country is an honor and I wouldn't trade it in for anything.
Being able to help soldiers advance their careers in any shape or form.
Being able to work hand in hand with different backgrounds.
Applying motor skills and understanding the different types of vehicles.
Currently Enlisted
Non-Commissioned Officer (Current Employee), Belton, MOFebruary 10, 2015
The United States Army instills in me, skills and knowledge to excel in the civilian workplace and maintain the highest level of work ethic. Combine these qualities with discipline and integrity, I will prove valuable to any company.
Great place to learn things and work for
Military Police Officer (Current Employee), Davenport, IAFebruary 10, 2015
I am currently still in the Army as a Military Police Officer and have enjoyed all 8 years that I have been enlisted. I am glad that I made the choice to enlist, I made some of the greatest friends I could have ever asked for while in the Army.
92F
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Current Employee), Saint Charles, MOFebruary 10, 2015
• Receive, stock, issue and dispense bulk fuels
• Operate equipment used with petroleum and water distribution systems
• Plan and schedule petroleum transport
• Emphasized training in aviation refueling
Enlist
Petroleum and Water Supply Specialist (92F) (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: benefits, retirement, healthcare, education benefits
Cons: not active duty
Short and simple, if your not doing anything with your life, and need a fresh start. Enlist in the Armed Forces. Its the best choice of your life. No more, sitting and home, and getting high with your friends. Take advantage and do something with your life, and be somebody. But make sure you go active duty, its a whole another world.
Excellent working environment
Quartermaster and Chemical Equipment Repairer (Current Employee), Kinston, NCFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks, healthcare
Work round the clock to get the job done with fellow soldiers one weekend a month. Learn technical skills and other job talents to take you above and beyond in the civilian lifestyle.
Long Term career
CBRN Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Totten, NYFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: long term career
Cons: dangerous environment
I already wrote a review previous but I would also add that the hardest part of the job was serving in combat being away from my family and friends but with my awesome leadership with all got home together.
Productive and diverse environment.
Combat Medic (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: steady paycheck and benefits
Cons: not flexible working days
A typical day in the Army would be coming in to work at 7:45am each morning for a morning huddle, follwed by breaking off into our individual sections. Other soldiers will stop at each station to make sure their medical readiness is up to date, and make their last stop at Quality Control where I work. I review everyone else's work to make sure it has been done correctly, and stamp off on that soldier to be cleared.
My co-workers are very easy to get along with. We help each other out when they have questions, and work together to make our section solid.
The hardest part of the job would be the lack of help when we are scheduled to see a large group of soldiers that day. The work gets overwhelming, but we pick up each other's slack and we pull through.
The most enjoyable part of the job is having the opportunity to meet people from all over the United States and Puerto Rico. I have ran into a few people that I completed training with several years ago, and it is always nice to see how people are doing these days. I also love how diverse of a group we have here. We have soldiers from all different states wroking together, and that in itself has been wonderful.
Lovely place
Chaplains Assistant (Current Employee), scottsdale arizonaJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: ppl
Cons: pay
leanr how to be a soldier
managers are awesome
co workers are like family
hardest part of the job is when you dont pay attention
Challenging
92G48 Food Service Specialist-instructor/writer (Former Employee), Camp Parks, CaliforniaJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great pay, good benefits as active duty
Cons: eats your life.
It's not for everybody. You are valued as long as you are useful and once that is over, it is over.
Challenging Place to Work
Platoon Leader (Current Employee), Brainerd, MNJanuary 22, 2015
I have to work throughout the month with 31 soldiers who are spread out across 3 states to ensure that they are combat ready. I also work with my superiors to plan training events for my soldiers to participate in. I'm also responsible for over $3 million of equipment.
Great experience
CBRN Specilist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 22, 2015
In the USAR you can serve your country part time while still leading a fulfilling civilian life
A great way to serve and grow
Automated Logistics Clerk (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Establish and maintain stock records and other documents such as inventory, material control, accounting and supply reports
Review and verify quantities received against bills of contracts, purchase requests and shipping documents
Unload, unpack, count, segregate, palletize and store incoming supplies and equipment
Construct bins, shelving and other storage aids
Simplify and standardize the collection and use of maintenance data
Raise the quality and accuracy of performance, cost and parts data through improved maintenance management
Training
Behavior Health Specialist (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 20, 2015
-Military task review
-update profiles
-keep up to date with field training
-up to date on specialties (behavior health)
-preparedness/Army readiness
Best decision I made
Geospatial Engineer (Current Employee), Los Alamitos, CAJanuary 20, 2015
I joined the U.S Army last year and never looked back. It was a humbling experience and something I take great pride in.
A great career
Public Affairs Sergeant (Current Employee), Lakehurst, NJJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: great benefits like healthcare, tuition assistance, gaining skills
Cons: may be called to deply in hostile areas/overseas
The Army is a good place to be, but it isn't for everyone. If you are dedicated and focused, there isn't anything that can't be accomplished while serving.
Mechanics
91B All Wheel Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee), Opelika, AlabamaJanuary 16, 2015
It taught me many things about the vehicles in the Army and how to work on them. The people i worked with help keep you sane and well grounded.

United States Army Reserves Salaries