United States Army Reserves Employee Reviews

The Army Reserves
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAOctober 21, 2015
The Army was an essential piece of my maturing as a working adult. Without the knowledge, experience, and discipline I learned while in the military, I would not have been able to lead in the civilian sector of business.
Challenging and rewarding
2nd Lieutenant (Military Police Officer) (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 21, 2015
The army has presented me with an opportunity to give back. Through hard work and guidelines I have become a more well rounded leader and individual.
Very Productive
Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 20, 2015
United States Military is a great working environment. I stay focused and alert with training. We take courses and do in field training to stay knowledgeable with policies throughout the Military
Serving my country
Human Resources Clerk (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 20, 2015
Helping people strive for the better is my passion.I love to assist my chaplain in any help he needs. I have my challenges as far as learning to be a solider but I surpass all my fears.
Excellent Medical unit to be of.
NCOIC (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 19, 2015
Enlisted started as a E-1 and went thru ranks to E-7 during my time. See skills for more info.
Excellent doctors, medical presonal and speciality people working together. Helping all patients coming in for care.
great way to start your career
Military Police Officer (Sergeant) (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 17, 2015
Every individual should try and join the military for at least a couple of years to have a deeper appreciation in life for day to day things.
Pros
Cheap health insurance
Cons
not so good for people who have regular jobs and family obligations
An adventure
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 14, 2015
Full of adventure, experiences like no other job. Provides travel, free of charge. Great chances for advancement, dependent on self motivation.
Join
Logistic Supplies Specialist-92A (Current Employee) –  everywhereOctober 13, 2015
I believe in this country. The duty is not the tough part, not having the support.

I am still serving... think about it! Nothing more to say.
Pros
benefit
Cons
staying fit
Hard work, long hours, intense training, dangerous work enviroments
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOOctober 13, 2015
0500 start of day with physical training (pt)
0800 fed showered and ready for formation to be told what your daily duties will be.
End of day is determined on how well and fast you completely your daily task.
Ability to work as one or a team with little to know direction.
Show leadership skills while training younger enlisted soldiers.
Ability to multi task.
Pros
exellent benefits, personal gratification
Cons
time spent away, deployments, highly dangerous
hard work and at the end of the day satisfying
Military Police Officer /Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort WayneOctober 12, 2015
I learned how to be aware of my surroundings. i learned how to work as a member of a team to get the mission done effectively.
Leading and Training
Team Leader/Team Chief (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 11, 2015
A typical day at work includes training new employees on equipment, procedures and enforcing safety regulations. The best part of the job is to see the team building evolve.
Great experience
75F20 Computer Information Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAOctober 11, 2015
I loved everything about the military. I wished I would have retired. I learned a lot. I got to travel to different parts of the world.
Pros
I learned a lot
Cons
Very productive and fast pace
88H Cargo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 10, 2015
work had long and short days. very productive when things got rolling. really helps develop teamwork, leadership and management skills to be successful at all attempts.
If your not trying to find a full time job or don't mind traveling
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  McChord AFB, WAOctober 9, 2015
I can't say to much about my experience in the reserves. Because my job in the reserves has no place to do my job in the hospital, I mostly sit and do online training or busy work.
91 Bravo
Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDOctober 6, 2015
o Conducted inspections on diesel equipment and engines to determine condition
o Maintained and managed preventative maintenance checks, services, general repairs, and driver write-ups
o Replaced parts as and when needed
Military
Finance Specialist Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 1, 2015
Was proud to have served my country and did so with great expectations. I was able to attend school and completed it with honors.
Pros
travel
Cons
missed my child
Good experience ,promotes self development
CBRN Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 25, 2015
Joining the reserves allowed me to become not only stronger physically, but also helped make me a be more team oriented and develop more respect for those who are my superiors.
Pros
Builds strength, character and is an extra paycheck
Cons
Multi-year contract
Life Of A Soldier
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 23, 2015
Start pumps and open valves or use automated equipment to regulate the flow of oil in pipelines and into and out of tanks.
• Control or operate manifold and pumping systems to circulate liquids through a petroleum refinery.
• Operate control panels to coordinate and regulate process variables such as temperature and pressure, and to direct product flow rate, according to process schedules.
▪ Verify that incoming and outgoing products are moving through the correct meters, and that meters are working properly.
Amazing environment and people
Sergeant E-5 92F10 Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INSeptember 21, 2015
Not in your typical job can you travel the world to help others less fortunate than you. It takes a very strong will to adjust to an ever changing environment.
Very interactive work enviroment
Food Prep/ Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas NVSeptember 18, 2015
A typical day here would involve working with team mates and managing what will be going on what training will be held as well what we must accomplish before the day is done.

4.5