United States Army Reserves

United States Army Reserves Employee Reviews

Military Service
Military Personnel (Former Employee), Washington DCMarch 11, 2015
Pros: Very organize
Cons: none
The Army provided the opportunity to serve and defend my country. It provided the resources to develop my leadership skills.
Great enviroment
Soldier/12N Engineer (Current Employee), Sheffield, ALMarch 10, 2015
Day at drill is doing maintenance on equipment, weapons training, and multiple classes. Love the soldiers I serve with. Hardest part is being away from my family, but I love being a soldier
One of a Kind
Sergeant First Class (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAMarch 10, 2015
Enable knowledge flow to enhance shared understanding, learning, and decision-making resulting in better decisions and enabling improved flexibility, adaptability, integration, and synchronization in order to achieve a position of relative advantage
Nothing like serving your country
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 9, 2015
Nothing like serving your country, training is hard on the body but the benefits outweigh the physical pain. You learn leadership skills, how to follow orders, chain of command, you become physically fit and obtain veteran benefits upon honorable discharge.
It wasn't what was expected
Carpentry and Masonry Specialist, Specialist (Former Employee), Scranton, PAMarch 4, 2015
We trained one weekend a month.

Training consisted of sitting in classes all day, not necessarily conducting military training.
Strategic working environment
Information Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 3, 2015
My job as a Information Systems Analyst is a very important factor in this line of work. Standards are exceeded and missions are always critical. I learn new things about the job everyday and the management is key to a successful mission. The hardest part of the job is failing to do whats required. I love the work ethics that my fellow co-workers posses and how it is family oriented.
Great place to work for, but did tired of management at times
Wiring Systems Specialist/Infantry Man (Former Employee), LSA Anaconda/RamadiMarch 2, 2015
Pros: patriotism and great team members
Cons: hard to find
PT every morning was great to exercise,
Learned to work in a fast paced environment with great team members.
The greatest managers are those that can trust their team and make a difference .
Dealing with serious dangers hardest .
The most enjoyable part is looking out for your brothers.
Great workplace with Great NCO's and officers
91 Bravo (Current Employee), Bedford VaFebruary 26, 2015
Always learning new mechanical traits on all sorts of military vehicles to keep the army running. Building teamwork and leadership skills every drill weekend.
Lots of fun and travel
Wheel Mechanic (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 25, 2015
Great people lots of travel and once of a lifetime experiences. I enjoyed learning and traveling while i was in the reserves. They provided me with the training i needed to succeed.
drill
Generator Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Gordon, GAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: free money
Cons: short lunches
alot of time us soldiers would sit around because the sgt didnt not have the plans ready for drill. so we either clean for hours until they was ready or just sat around and wait.
Great Place to work
Unit Supply Specialist (Current Employee), Milton, FLFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: health care, benifits, pay
Cons: sometime away from home for long periods
I'm thankful for being afforded the opportunity to continue serving my country. Superb audio, visual, hands on training! Very professional place to work.
US Army Reserve Staff Seargent
STAFF SEARGENT E-6 (Former Employee), 1110 North Fremont Avenue, Springfield, MO 65802February 23, 2015
Was responsible for the maintenance of equipment, soldiers wellbeing, planning and execution of complex tasks. Also was responsible for multiple additional duties.

I poured twelve years of my life into being a soldier. The education and experiences I received and earned have built me in to the person I am today. I have a confidence and ability that few outside the military will have. Being able to see the world and help make a positive change in the world means a lot to me. And I strive to continue that in to my civilian life.
Part Time/Military (Current Employee), RockfordFebruary 20, 2015
A typical drill weekend.
Reconnaissance Section Leader (Current Employee), Hammond, WisconsinFebruary 19, 2015
As a Staff Sergeant, my two main responsibilities are accomplishment of the mission and the welfare of my soldiers. I manage six soldiers and manage over 1 million dollars of equipment. The hardest part of my job is maintaining a state of combat readiness with so few days of available training. Conversely, this is what makes the job enjoyable; its the challenge of maintaining that readiness that keeps the job enjoyable.
Productive and meaningful work place
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee), Farrell, PAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: always learning new things
Cons: eat in lunches and long days
Checking and updating online systems and trackers. Learned to navigate online systems and what was needed on different trackers. Hardest part of the job was preparing new trackers and completing them by the deadline. Most enjoyable part of the job was completing my work on time or early and surpassing goals set for me.
US Army
377TH TSC RCMS ARB/RRT Project Manager (Current Employee), NCFebruary 17, 2015
For more than 13 consecutive years at war, Army Reserve Soldiers have brought skills, honed in the civilian sector, to contingency and Theater Security Cooperation missions across the globe. Today, those same Citizen-Soldiers are bringing enhanced skills to the communities where they live and work.
Great life experiences
Multimedia illustrator (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 16, 2015
A typical day in the Army is filled with amazing learning experiences and every day is very rewarding. You get to meet a variety of individuals from all over the world.
A New Side of the Army
Operations Material Plans NCO (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: to contribute to a great organization that still offer great benefits.
Cons: keeping civilian/military dates lined up do to changes
A typical day with my reserves unit start with our us planning our next real world mission in help our active duty counterpart accomplish there mission by serving as augmenting our times and services based upon our there needs and organization. The most difficult part can be that because we have civilian careers and the mission dates can change to keep them matched up. Management always tries to give the who,what,when,where and why of every mission so that we can plan as accurately as possible. They do a good job of foster the teamwork and family environment not just during drill time but in between as well.
Amazing
SGT/Soldier (Current Employee), EverywhereFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Join the Reserves and you'll know what I'm talking about. This is a great way to further yourself in life. The army reserves is the way to go.
Military Service
Master Sergeant (Current Employee), JBLMFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: annual physical requirements
Hard to put in words what military service provides a person. The Army is very mission focused, and there is never just one mission or project happening at the same time. I have become very skilled in project management by being able to effectively organize and prioritize projects or tasks resulting in excellent time managed projects.

United States Army Reserves Salaries