United States Army Reserves

United States Army Reserves Employee Reviews

It's the Military
All Source Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), ColoradoMarch 28, 2015
Like all military units depends on which one you work with and the leadership that manages the unit. The unit I'm attached to is fair and most of the times considerate when it comes to someone's life.
Outstanding leadership opportunities
Team Leader (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 26, 2015
Pros: In 6 years, I will retire.
Cons: In 6 years, I will retire
I manage and mentor troops for the next stage of promotion. I ensure that same values and determination is placed in their hearts just as my mentors did for me. Best decision I made for my life.
Great people to work with.
Cadet Instructor (Former Employee), Joint Base Lewis McChord, WAMarch 25, 2015
My time in the United States Army truly shaped who I have become and has made a huge impact on the direction my life has taken. The discipline, attention to detail, and values I learned have been instrumental in my success and will continue to impact my professional and personal life going forward.
Weekend Warrior
Psychological Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 24, 2015
We disseminate information and assitance to foreign target audiences in order to achieve US national objectives. Your experience may vary depending on leadership aall levels.
Great organization to be apart of
Staff Sergeant (Current Employee), variousMarch 19, 2015
Learn a wide variety of skills
Opportunity to serve the county
Opportunity to travel
Multiple opportunities for growth and advancement
Challenging and rewarding being able to learn and quickly apply the skills
To serve the Nation and the Community is a privilege and an honor.
Drill Sergeant (Current Employee), Fort Thomas, KYMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Health Insurance.
It is my honor to serve both the nation and the Community this opportunity would not be available to me with out the Army Reserves. it allows me to be an intricate part of the community, while serving the nation by training the next generation of soldiers to meet this nations needs, and to help develop the into the leaders of tomorrow.
Its not the best company but its good enough
Supply Specialist (Current Employee), Seagoville, TXMarch 16, 2015
The best part is you are actually serving your nation and its a thing of pride. I love being in the US army and i will do it again if i have to
I enjoyed the Army career because I learned a lot, got to travel & meet a lot of nice people & receive a lot of varitions of training.
North United States Senior Regional Area Manager (Former Employee), Topeka, KSMarch 16, 2015
Pros: job security (until government cutback), pay, retirement, working with some great soldiers / instructors, traveling to all the places my military career took me to.
Cons: being retired early, (government cutback), with an unblemished career, having some soldiers that put their friends in front of others, when it came to receiving new uniforms or supplies from the battalion.
A normal day with the Army Reserve, started with checking attendance, visiting with my instructors to see how their month went & then looking over the training schedule, assigning work to each of my Regional – more... Area Managers. Having conference calls on Saturday morning to discuss training matters of upcoming events. It was sometimes difficult to receive the materials we needed from our Battalion, which was located in Bossier City, Louisiana. I had a lot of very talented instructors, that had a take charge attitude so I didn't have to baby sit them to ensure that the work load was being taken care of. I mainly enjoyed passing on the knowledge that I had learned over my 27 years of service. It was also very nice to receive the respect from the public when traveling to all the places that I did. – less
at times i miss it
Cable Systems Installer (Former Employee), East Point, GAMarch 15, 2015
i enjoyed serving but i enjoy my life as a civilian
i do regret not serving my time active duty though
hardest part as a reservist was instilling the army regulations in your regular lifestyle
Great People and fast pace
Medical Laboratory Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville KYMarch 13, 2015
Pros: benifits
Cons: long days short nights
Its the Military
There isn't much I can say about it.
I am really just trying to take up space
that way you will let me submit this account
Military Service
Military Personnel (Former Employee), Washington DCMarch 11, 2015
Pros: Very organize
Cons: none
The Army provided the opportunity to serve and defend my country. It provided the resources to develop my leadership skills.
Great enviroment
Soldier/12N Engineer (Current Employee), Sheffield, ALMarch 10, 2015
Day at drill is doing maintenance on equipment, weapons training, and multiple classes. Love the soldiers I serve with. Hardest part is being away from my family, but I love being a soldier
One of a Kind
Sergeant First Class (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAMarch 10, 2015
Enable knowledge flow to enhance shared understanding, learning, and decision-making resulting in better decisions and enabling improved flexibility, adaptability, integration, and synchronization in order to achieve a position of relative advantage
Nothing like serving your country
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 9, 2015
Nothing like serving your country, training is hard on the body but the benefits outweigh the physical pain. You learn leadership skills, how to follow orders, chain of command, you become physically fit and obtain veteran benefits upon honorable discharge.
It wasn't what was expected
Carpentry and Masonry Specialist, Specialist (Former Employee), Scranton, PAMarch 4, 2015
We trained one weekend a month.

Training consisted of sitting in classes all day, not necessarily conducting military training.
Strategic working environment
Information Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 3, 2015
My job as a Information Systems Analyst is a very important factor in this line of work. Standards are exceeded and missions are always critical. I learn new things about the job everyday and the management is key to a successful mission. The hardest part of the job is failing to do whats required. I love the work ethics that my fellow co-workers posses and how it is family oriented.
Great place to work for, but did tired of management at times
Wiring Systems Specialist/Infantry Man (Former Employee), LSA Anaconda/RamadiMarch 2, 2015
Pros: patriotism and great team members
Cons: hard to find
PT every morning was great to exercise,
Learned to work in a fast paced environment with great team members.
The greatest managers are those that can trust their team and make a difference .
Dealing with serious dangers hardest .
The most enjoyable part is looking out for your brothers.
Great workplace with Great NCO's and officers
91 Bravo (Current Employee), Bedford VaFebruary 26, 2015
Always learning new mechanical traits on all sorts of military vehicles to keep the army running. Building teamwork and leadership skills every drill weekend.
Lots of fun and travel
Wheel Mechanic (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 25, 2015
Great people lots of travel and once of a lifetime experiences. I enjoyed learning and traveling while i was in the reserves. They provided me with the training i needed to succeed.
drill
Generator Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Gordon, GAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: free money
Cons: short lunches
alot of time us soldiers would sit around because the sgt didnt not have the plans ready for drill. so we either clean for hours until they was ready or just sat around and wait.

United States Army Reserves Salaries