United States Army Reserves

United States Army Reserves Employer Reviews

Army Reserves Review
Carpenter/Mason (Current Employee), Pewaukee, WIMay 8, 2014
I have been in the reserves for almost 4 years now and the management stinks. If you need something done it takes months and months. As far as co-workers I guess it is alright, we only see each other one weekend every month and three weeks in the spring or summer so we don't really get to know each other that well.
hard work from start to finish
Laundry Specialist (Former Employee), Flushing, NYMay 5, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: to much fooling around, supervisors hardly help at all
able to work in teams and learn new things everyday. learned to separate clothes and prepared them to be wash in the laundry advanced system trailer. superiors tend to overlook soldiers and hardly help at times. to much fooling around between co-workers but in the end the job gets done. working barely nonstop. nothing enjoyable
It's the Army.
Private First Class, 68A BMES (Current Employee), West Chester, PAMay 3, 2014
Pros: money for college
Cons: training was long and hard, but worth it.
Trained for more than a year for my MOS, go to drill a weekend a month and 2 weeks in the summer every year. My command is very solid and I'm proud to be a part of the US Army.
Excellent place to work
Combat Engineer (Former Employee), Chillicothe, OHApril 28, 2014
The environment was fun and very well coordinated. The supervisors were proficient and taught the lower enlisted personnel the true meaning of the military.
Good people to work with.
Technical Civil Engineer/Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), Norman, OKApril 24, 2014
Pros: being among professionals
Cons: not joining the ranks of the drill sergeants
It was only one weekend a month but I got the sense of belonging. In my short time I attended and got certified with the Army Substance Abuse Program as one of their administrators. Most enjoyable part was indoor EST 2000. Most difficult part was not being able to attend Drill Sergeant School.
a great learning experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 22, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: short breaks
i've learned a lot working for the armed forces
co-workers were fine throughut the duration of my time spent in the armed forces.
Very productive and fun job experience
Human Resources Officer (Former Employee), Des Moines, IowaApril 21, 2014
Pros: heightened sense of nationalism and patriotism
Cons: over-strength with junior officers which is an impediment for wanting to go back on active status
Typical day @ work: very productive
Learned: HR functions within the Personnel Administrative Center (PAC/S1)
Management: opportunities available to learn & hone my management skills
Co-workers: great rapport and camraderie
Hardest part of job: nothing
Most enjoyable: everything
The US Military is the way to go!!!
Army Reserves
Unit Supply Specialist (Current Employee), Greensburg, PAApril 15, 2014
Haven't met with my unit yet since I been back from training.
Learned A lot of Morals and Values
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), New Cumberland, PAApril 14, 2014
Pros: standards
Cons: ruins a weekend!
Would show up to my unit once a month for a weekend drill. Participated in all the training exercises that our Commander would give us.
Productive and a very diverse place to work.
Laundry Clothing Repair Specialist (Current Employee), Bayside, NYApril 14, 2014
A typical day at drill is planning and preparation for annual training, and for the Army Physical Fitness Test. The soldiers conduct classes and perform task within large teams.
Ok experience
Transportation Management Coordinator (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 22, 2014
Pros: affordable health and dental insurance
Cons: long work days
I've been in for over 5 years- I've had good experience and bad.
Productive and fun environment to work!
Deputy Chief of Maintenance (Former Employee), Fort Belvoir, VAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: healthcare benefits
Cons: deployments to other conutries
While deployed, you do physical fitness on your own. The work day starts at 8am until 6pm with a one hour lunch break. This job has multiple opportunities to advance, management, leadership, structure and career development. Friendly environment, great place to work and hardest part about the job is sometimes the best part about the job; working in – more... other countries making a difference throughout the world. – less
opportunities abound
88M/ 92A Automated Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 18, 2014
Pros: life experience
Cons: huge time commitment/ low entry pay
every young person should take this chance, it is a great after school option for those who do not yet know what they would like to go to school for
Awesome
Heavy Equipment Operator/Supervisor (Current Employee), New Kensington, PAMarch 13, 2014
Pros: operating equipment
Cons: couldn't do it more.
I found my calling with being a Heavy Equipment operator. maintaince of all the vehicals that I would use for the day. I was in charge of 8-10 soldiers. This job was 1 weekend a month but my team knew what they were doing. we went to Germany and built a road and i was overseeing two job sites.
Work Day
S-2 Non Commission Officer in Charge (NCOIC) (Former Employee), Anniston, ALMarch 13, 2014
A typical day for me would be passing on critical information from my bosses (officers and Senior Enliested) down to the people who work with me (my soldiers). Also, I sit on planning meeting trying to determine training and planning for future activities. I manage daily activities of my employees. I process data and put the information into understandable – more... information for everyone to understand. The hardest part of my job is making information understandable without complete knowledge of what is going on because I only have pieces of the information. The easiest part of my day is working hands on with my employees (soldiers). – less
Glad to have had this experience
Soldier/ Laundry and Bath Specialist (Former Employee), Wood River, ILMarch 11, 2014
I had several different positions in the military. I started as a cook. Then worked in maintenance and finished as a laundry and bath specialist. We built mobile showers and did laundry for troops in the field.
ths is a hard one to explain.
Sergeant (Former Employee), Klamath Falls, ORMarch 11, 2014
there isn't really a whole lot that i can go into about in this description.
Went to fast
Quartermaster (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAMarch 4, 2014
Pros: got to go places
Cons: red tape and lazy high ups
Army reserves drill days are very boring and not productive. Mostly sat around in classes learning something ( I think). When left the post to shot weapons (M-16) was the fun time to spend all weekend shooting.
One weekend a month, two weeks a year
Civil Affairs Officer (Current Employee), Fort Dix, NJMarch 4, 2014
As an Army Reservist I have the opportunity to serve my country and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
410th Brigade Signal Company
Nodal Network System Operator (Current Employee), Fort Belvoir, VAMarch 3, 2014
We only meet one weekend a month. This shouldn't get in the way of your personal life. Since I joined the military I've learned a lot about life and a lot about myself. You acquire some invaluable skills (i.e. leadership, teamwork, etc.). The chain of command is fantastic; they know what they are doing and they truly care about their soldiers. The greatest – more... part of the experience is that your coworkers are more like your family. – less

United States Army Reserves Photos