United States Army Reserves

United States Army Reserves Employee Reviews

Do not enjoy it
Specialist Summer (Current Employee), Brevard, NCJanuary 12, 2015
We update all of our records, conduct physical training as well as job training.
Professional environment
UH-60 Pilot (Officer) (153D) (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJanuary 10, 2015
Great training environment.
Great way to learn skills and to learn new things.
Great way to serve the country.
Challenging
FOOD SERVICES / TRANSPORTATION (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: going different places in the world
Cons: working one weekend out of the month only
FOOD SERVICES
Prepare small and large quantities of food, cook, clean, took head counts, prepared salad bar, took inventory
TRANSPORTATION
Operates all wheel vehicles and equipment, manage entrucking and detrucking of personnel being transported, checks for proper loading and unloading of cargo on vehicles and trailers, secures cargo against inclement weather, pilferage and damage; correct and report vehicle deficiencies, operates vehicle component material handling equipment as required, organize and participate in convoys, dispatches vehicles and verify vehicle logbooks, receives and fills requests from authorized persons for motor transport, compiles time, mileage and load data.
Productive and enjoyable environment
Military Police Investigator - Reservist (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 8, 2015
I instruct fellow civilian Reservists on proper Military Police Investigations procedures.
I enjoy working for the United States Army Reserve.
Quartermaster and CBRN Equipment Repairer (Current Employee), Orangeburg, SCJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: n/a
I receive ample challenges throughout my day that I have enough time to correct in an expedient amount of time. The job includes working on MicroSoft Office, on multiple screens, hands-on experience with necessary equipment and soldier management.
It was eventful and an amazing experience.
Combat Medic (Current Employee), Kuwait/Bell, CA/Seagoville, TXJanuary 5, 2015
I was a combat medic and I was deployed for a year. I learned a lot about patient care and how to adapt quickly in different environments. I would screen patients and use reasoning and tests to help diagnose their medical problems. It was a fun and enjoyable environment, despite the sickness and injuries all around.
Combat Service Support training and development environment for leaders
Information Technology Officer (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSDecember 30, 2014
Pros: has great benefits, paid for college, and allows me the opportunity to travel the world to work with a variety of people.
Cons: positions are limited due to budget cuts in the military.
a typical day at my army reserve job is training leaders to be mission ready for deployment overseas. In the short time as an officer in the reserves I have learned how to manage soldiers and organize plans that will help my subordinates and I accomplish the task at hands. The organization has competent leaders who are very pleasant to work with. When I first got to the organization, they welcomed me with open arms and help me as I transitioned from college. The hardest part of the job would be keeping the team motivated, and I say this because as a leader your subordinates are all different and different things motivate each and every individual. Finally, the most enjoyable part of the job is when my subordinates are positive and working hard to create a less stressful environment.
Great organization to be part of and great benefits for school
Water Treatment Specialist (92W) (Current Employee), Winterville, NCDecember 30, 2014
Being in the Army Reserves is a great place to build teamwork and a place to learn discipline and earn great benefits for school. You attend one weekend a month and two weeks out the summer for annual training.
very fun and educating
transportation (Current Employee), Galax, VADecember 17, 2014
Pros: military
Cons: long hours
extremely fun and worthy work fun easy to get along with people always learning something new
Hardworking, motivated, and professional work environment
Career Development (Current Employee), Davenport, IowaDecember 10, 2014
Pros: free food and great experiences.
Cons: long hours and little sleep.
A typical day at work for the past year would consist of showing up the facility for early guard mount. In guard mount we would do roll call as well as being informed on what happened over night, what will need to be done during the day, and out positions of the day. Then we would work for 12 hours and start all over again the next day.
At most it will be 50 soldiers working in the facility and all day we are there for the care, custody, and control of the detainees and the camp.
The hardest part of the job would be working with the detainees because we are looking at the enemy in the face everyday.
The most enjoyable part of the day is working with my fellow soldiers. No matter if you're not the best of friends we had to be there for each other to get through the day.
Definitely not active duty.
Unit Supply Specialist (92Y) (Former Employee), Lafayette, LADecember 6, 2014
Could have been worse I guess. Vastly different from active duty but a good opportunity for someone looking for a change from civilian life.
lots of room to grow and learn
Field Communications Instructor (Current Employee), Fort McCoy, WIDecember 4, 2014
- lots of fun
- i love to learn new stuff and this was the perfect oppurtunity
protect and serve
Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee), charlotte, ncDecember 1, 2014
I love my country. I joined to pay for. I hope to continue on and do my 20 years in the Army Rervese. I've been 6 going on 7 years. I am up for promotion in January.
Challenging but rewarding employment
Engineer Officer (Current Employee), Butler, PANovember 28, 2014
Pros: flexibility and advancement
Cons: requires time beyond normal day
Challenging experience that required time beyond the normal work day to ensure planning and resourcing is establish for mission completion and Soldier safety
Being apart of the United States Army
Army Reservist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 24, 2014
Working in the Army Reserves has been an great experience. Working in the Army you meet a lot of people and, learn how to work well as a team.
Average
Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Devens, MANovember 24, 2014
It is the military, but there is not the efficiency people think. There are too many people who were horrible soldiers or refused to change with the times. A lot more time than just a weekend a month, two weeks a year, is required. Typical government inefficiencies
Review
Human Resources Specialist- SGT (Current Employee), Fort Dix, NJNovember 22, 2014
This job has been a great experience. I get to work with some of the most amazing people one would come across.
It's the Army!
Chaplains assistant (Current Employee), Middletown, CTNovember 21, 2014
Pros: teamwork
Cons: egos
Interact with soldiers, check on soldiers well being. Assist Chaplain with administrative duties as well as counseling. I learned to be an active listener. Best part about the job is being the one to lift soldiers up when they are down.
Productive and exciting place to work with great leaders as well as co-workers.
CBRN Specialist (Current Employee), Sanford, FLNovember 20, 2014
Pros: brothers in arms.
A typical day at work starts with the briefing of the day. After commanding officers put out needed info to soldiers, we as a team of soldiers start physical training for the day. There is no other place in the world I would rather work than the United States Army.
productive and fun workplace
Soldier/ mechanic (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZNovember 18, 2014
The U.S. Army reserves is a great place to work. They teach you many skills and you'll make friendships that will last a lifetime

United States Army Reserves Salaries