United States Army Reserves

United States Army Reserves Employee Reviews

Enlist
Petroleum and Water Supply Specialist (92F) (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: benefits, retirement, healthcare, education benefits
Cons: not active duty
Short and simple, if your not doing anything with your life, and need a fresh start. Enlist in the Armed Forces. Its the best choice of your life. No more, sitting and home, and getting high with your friends. Take advantage and do something with your life, and be somebody. But make sure you go active duty, its a whole another world.
Excellent working environment
Quartermaster and Chemical Equipment Repairer (Current Employee), Kinston, NCFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks, healthcare
Work round the clock to get the job done with fellow soldiers one weekend a month. Learn technical skills and other job talents to take you above and beyond in the civilian lifestyle.
Long Term career
CBRN Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Totten, NYFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: long term career
Cons: dangerous environment
I already wrote a review previous but I would also add that the hardest part of the job was serving in combat being away from my family and friends but with my awesome leadership with all got home together.
Productive and diverse environment.
Combat Medic (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: steady paycheck and benefits
Cons: not flexible working days
A typical day in the Army would be coming in to work at 7:45am each morning for a morning huddle, follwed by breaking off into our individual sections. Other soldiers will stop at each station to make – more... sure their medical readiness is up to date, and make their last stop at Quality Control where I work. I review everyone else's work to make sure it has been done correctly, and stamp off on that soldier to be cleared.
My co-workers are very easy to get along with. We help each other out when they have questions, and work together to make our section solid.
The hardest part of the job would be the lack of help when we are scheduled to see a large group of soldiers that day. The work gets overwhelming, but we pick up each other's slack and we pull through.
The most enjoyable part of the job is having the opportunity to meet people from all over the United States and Puerto Rico. I have ran into a few people that I completed training with several years ago, and it is always nice to see how people are doing these days. I also love how diverse of a group we have here. We have soldiers from all different states wroking together, and that in itself has been wonderful. – less
Lovely place
Chaplains Assistant (Current Employee), scottsdale arizonaJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: ppl
Cons: pay
leanr how to be a soldier
managers are awesome
co workers are like family
hardest part of the job is when you dont pay attention
Challenging
92G48 Food Service Specialist-instructor/writer (Former Employee), Camp Parks, CaliforniaJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great pay, good benefits as active duty
Cons: eats your life.
It's not for everybody. You are valued as long as you are useful and once that is over, it is over.
Challenging Place to Work
Platoon Leader (Current Employee), Brainerd, MNJanuary 22, 2015
I have to work throughout the month with 31 soldiers who are spread out across 3 states to ensure that they are combat ready. I also work with my superiors to plan training events for my soldiers to participate in. I'm also responsible for over $3 million of equipment.
Great experience
CBRN Specilist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 22, 2015
In the USAR you can serve your country part time while still leading a fulfilling civilian life
A great way to serve and grow
Automated Logistics Clerk (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Establish and maintain stock records and other documents such as inventory, material control, accounting and supply reports
Review and verify quantities received against bills of contracts, purchase requests – more... and shipping documents
Unload, unpack, count, segregate, palletize and store incoming supplies and equipment
Construct bins, shelving and other storage aids
Simplify and standardize the collection and use of maintenance data
Raise the quality and accuracy of performance, cost and parts data through improved maintenance management – less
Training
Behavior Health Specialist (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 20, 2015
-Military task review
-update profiles
-keep up to date with field training
-up to date on specialties (behavior health)
-preparedness/Army readiness
Best decision I made
Geospatial Engineer (Current Employee), Los Alamitos, CAJanuary 20, 2015
I joined the U.S Army last year and never looked back. It was a humbling experience and something I take great pride in.
A great career
Public Affairs Sergeant (Current Employee), Lakehurst, NJJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: great benefits like healthcare, tuition assistance, gaining skills
Cons: may be called to deply in hostile areas/overseas
The Army is a good place to be, but it isn't for everyone. If you are dedicated and focused, there isn't anything that can't be accomplished while serving.
Mechanics
91B All Wheel Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee), Opelika, AlabamaJanuary 16, 2015
It taught me many things about the vehicles in the Army and how to work on them. The people i worked with help keep you sane and well grounded.
Productive and Active place helping Soldiers
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Dix, NJJanuary 15, 2015
Love Being able to help Soldiers with paperwork and helping them finish their training to get promoted.
Strict workplace
Soldier (Former Employee), Ft Polk, LAJanuary 14, 2015
I learned time management and how to lead others.
My superiors took the time to teach me lifelong skills.
Co workers were very supportive and helped when I needed it.
A richly rewarding work environment
Senior Info / LAN Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2015
I had a lot of fun learning and working with these men and women.
Do not enjoy it
Specialist Summer (Current Employee), Brevard, NCJanuary 12, 2015
We update all of our records, conduct physical training as well as job training.
Professional environment
UH-60 Pilot (Officer) (153D) (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJanuary 10, 2015
Great training environment.
Great way to learn skills and to learn new things.
Great way to serve the country.
Challenging
FOOD SERVICES / TRANSPORTATION (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: going different places in the world
Cons: working one weekend out of the month only
FOOD SERVICES
Prepare small and large quantities of food, cook, clean, took head counts, prepared salad bar, took inventory
TRANSPORTATION
Operates all wheel vehicles and equipment, manage entrucking and – more... detrucking of personnel being transported, checks for proper loading and unloading of cargo on vehicles and trailers, secures cargo against inclement weather, pilferage and damage; correct and report vehicle deficiencies, operates vehicle component material handling equipment as required, organize and participate in convoys, dispatches vehicles and verify vehicle logbooks, receives and fills requests from authorized persons for motor transport, compiles time, mileage and load data. – less
Productive and enjoyable environment
Military Police Investigator - Reservist (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 8, 2015
I instruct fellow civilian Reservists on proper Military Police Investigations procedures.

United States Army Reserves Salaries