United States Army Reserves Employee Reviews

Army
1st Lieutenant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 19, 2015
Direct and head personnel, manage field communications and operations Train personnel and equipment, and coordinate with other units Oversee security of weapons’ storage Execute safety and emergency procedures. Use computers to enter access or retrieve data and coordinate emergency response teams.Security Clearance: Secret
Pros
Job Advancement
Cons
Long days
Great lifelong skills
Second Lieutenant, Signal Corps Officer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 17, 2015
I have learned numerous skills and gained numerous experiences while working in the military as a human resource specialist that I would not trade for anything. The knowledge I have gained will benefit me in any job I strive for.
Service
Engineer - 12W/ Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIAugust 17, 2015
Work days are Long and dirty at time. War fighters only no what it's like to give all. Co-workers are great day to day assignment are never boring.
Pros
Educational Opportunity Pay
Cons
deployments
Excellent leadership building and work environment
Specialist- 91 B Wheel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Highland Park, ILAugust 13, 2015
We would normally come in and starting knocking out our to do list after formation. We made sure all the vehicles were up to standards by doing our usual maintenance work on them weather it was an oil change or dropping a transmission. My co workers are very professional at what they do but also very laid back so it made for a good work environment. It gets challenging when we have to preform our usual responsibilities against very extreme weather conditions but no matter what i always found myself learning something new from it.
Pros
Learning life skills such as leadership and team work
Cons
Random time of reporting for duty
Productve
91B - Wheeled Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesAugust 11, 2015
Best decision in my was was to join the United States Army and proudly serve my country. The pay is good and the training is very beneficial that can easily transport to the civilian world.
Recruitment
Retention Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Hamilton, NYAugust 5, 2015
It was great working with the up and coming soldiers and seeing the morale of young kids and watching them grow into adults. However the military is not for everyone and it was a little difficult to work with soldiers that were having a hard time adjusting to the military lifestyle having just leaving home for the first time.
Military Experience
Food Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Snelling, MNAugust 2, 2015
A typical drill weekend consists of managing Food Services Program under the direction of Military Guidelines. Employees were all engaged in the prep and serving of food to various counts of soldiers. The hardest part of the job is the variations in soldier counts to determine the right amount of food needed to serve. The most enjoyable portions of the job is the one-on-one interactions with soldiers and commanders to ensure food is within federal guidelines and to serve various requests.
Pros
Maintain food services programs using cleaning, prep, and serving protocols.
Cons
Short breaks and early rise
Team work
POL (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoAugust 1, 2015
Team work
build up managers
good delegation skills are acquired
Fundamentals of Leadership
Computer Applications
work with excel Microsoft work and PowerPoint
Best job working for the greatest country the USA
89A (Current Employee) –  Cross Lanes, WVJuly 29, 2015
Love it, its one of the only jobs ive ever had that can keep me busy and interested and wanting to work harder and learn new ways to help benefit myself my teammates and my company.
Pros
work environment
Cons
alot of time spent away from family and friends
General Military Benefits and Travel
Transportation Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FloridaJuly 27, 2015
Traveled the world and acquired excellent job training, guidance and strong support network. Advancement is always present if you wish present the challenge to yourself.
Pros
Travel the world, Excellent Job Training and Benefits
Cons
Its the military
productive and fun
o Signal Support Satellite Specialist (25U) (Current Employee) –  Belton,TxJuly 23, 2015
there isnt much really to say we woke up early went to our job site did the work we needed to do and thats about it great management and good co-workers
It was new as for me being a female doing constructiuon. The job, comp/benefits, they were all ok. I feel like this would be forever.
Diesel engine mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDJuly 23, 2015
We worked hard, and learned how to build. The manager a very was interesting character, and the co worker was eager to assist. And hardest part was going down the stairs, they were very steep. The enjoyable part was the ideal of build the fort McHenry tunnel.
Pros
I know to have worked on building a tunnel.
Cons
Not getting hurt
Productive work place, trips out of town
Senior Food Service Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAJuly 23, 2015
I loved being in the Army Reserves, The Reserves taught me how to be a leader, how to deal with different people from different walks of life. My co- workers were team players. The hardest part of my job was being promoted outside of my company and starting all over fresh at a new company.
Pros
Free lunchs, long breaks, one weekned a month, two weeks a year.
Cons
Long days and short nights
Slower-paced than active duty but still a great learning experience.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJuly 22, 2015
One weekend a month drills. Good team members. Hardest part was getting used to only cooking for around 40 soldiers compared to 400 plus in Active Duty.
Pros
Everyone pulled together to get things done in a timely matter.
Cons
Should have received more physical training.
Love it
❸ Food Service Specialist- (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasJuly 12, 2015
I love that I joined the Army Reserves, but it is only one weekend a month. Because of this I need to obtain a full time job. A typical day varies within this field because you are a soldier first and a cook next. Some weekends I cook and some we do supply or office work.
The Army Reserves was a great stepping stone to management opportunities.
Combat Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Hunter Leggitt, CaliforniaJuly 10, 2015
Although the Marine Corps was where I learned my leadership skills, the Army Reserves was a great place to utilize and perfect my skills. On a day to day basis I would be charge of instructing, teaching, and overseeing 6-10 troops. These would be troops that would be deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan. Overall if was a great employment opportunity.
Pros
I received benefits such as retirement points and healthcare.
Cons
The training was redundant.
A Typical day at work
Transportation (Current Employee) –  Anniston, ALJuly 8, 2015
A typical day at work would be out in the motor pool PMCS the trucks to ensure safety. The hardest part of the job would be actually driving because it can be a little scary on civilian roads.
Pros
Free buffet lunch
Cons
Long hot/cold days
fun place
Motor transportation operator (Current Employee) –  buffalo mnJuly 7, 2015
its a good thing to defend the nation. The joy of knowing you are part of a free country. i serve the nation with pride and i am ready to defend its constitution and freedom
Pros
health care
Cons
chain of command
Proud to serve and protect the people of the USA.
Automated Logistics Specialist (92A) (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 7, 2015
Establish and maintain records such as stock list spreadsheets, material control, inventory, supply reports and accounting. Review and verify quantities received against bills of contracts ship documents and purchase requests. Monthly responsibilities include unloading and storing incoming equipment and supplies in database. Administer document control procedures and maintain stock location systems. Prepare requests and turn-in documents at direct support level through warehousing sections. Perform prescribed load list and shop stock list duties according to manual and automated supply applications. Managed shop stock of 200 items that cost $500,000. Prepare, explain, and distribute shipping documents in accordance to regulations.
Pros
Protecting the country
Cons
One weekend per month, not enough pay
Great leaders and training
Sergeant E-5, Vet Food Inspector (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJuly 7, 2015
One of the best places to learn to be a leader and educator. Can be stressful but worth it at the end of the day. Incredible Culture of the Military and leaders

4.5