United States Army Reserves

United States Army Reserves Employer Reviews

Meaningful
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Jackson, SCOctober 23, 2013
A typical day for me at work is going over regulations to keep me familiarize with my job since I don't get to do it on a daily basis.
Productive Training, Team Work, Advancment opportunity
Truck Driver/Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Story, VirginiaOctober 22, 2013
Pros: good career opportunities
Cons: pay and benefits
Working with the Army reserves is a new and interesting experience. I have learned the army structure and combined it with my past military experience as a active Marine. I Currently manage at least 7 soldiers under me. I enjoy learning and teaching new skills to my team mates.
Learning experience, productive, diverse
Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 22, 2013
I am certain that this type of work differs in different locations. It is not an easy job for first timers. However, you will eventually get the hang of it. You have to be willing to work as a team, have competent organization skills, and must have the will to work.
Government Job
Human Resource Assistant/Training NCO Assistant (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 22, 2013
Pros: building a discipline and effective military, partaking implementation of battle drills and exercises, working with a phenomenal team.
Cons: breaks were non-existent, compensation wasn't consistent.
Amazing place to build experience, consistently using fundamental skills and building on those skills.
US ARMY
25B (Information Technology Specialist) (Current Employee), North Little Rock, AROctober 21, 2013
US ARMY
coworkers are good
all around good
needs better pay though
Proud to be part of something.
Specialist (Former Employee), Sturtevant, WIOctober 21, 2013
I joined the army to be part of it and to help me financially. I have been a bit disappointed in the misleading things that were told to me before I joined and the amount of difficulty it is to get anything done, but none the less I do not regret my decision. It maintains discipline, and ensues leadership, I do drill 1 weekend a month and what is done – more... that weekend usually varies greatly. – less
United States Army
Power-Generation Equipment Repairer (Current Employee), Fort Benning, GAOctober 20, 2013
Nothing in the world can beat this job. The benefits are excellent. The pay is great. The hardest part is deploying and leaving your family behind for 9 months at a time
Active Reserves
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee), Aurora, COOctober 15, 2013
Pros: education benefits, self improvements, and public service
Cons: hardships
This is a great way to serve your country and fulfill your civilian aspirations. However, it can place your life on hold at any moment. It can be hard to juggle work, school, family, and military commitments. The benefits make it worth the struggles if you are strong willed and hold yourself up to the Army values.
Drill with unit a weekend a month.
IT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSOctober 11, 2013
It is a good expirience to learn different skills and take classes to broaden your education.
commo
NCOIC S-6 (Former Employee), Darien, ILOctober 10, 2013
i was happy to serve for 14 years and loved every minute of it.
A Good Choice
Psychological Operations Specialist, Corporal (Former Employee), Parma, OHOctober 9, 2013
The military is a life choice that must be made carefully, although there are infinite benefits and rewards to anyone who can apply his or herself.
Reserves
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Fort Benning, GAOctober 9, 2013
Pros: health insurance
Cons: boring
It is miserable. The hours are long. Most of the time there is not anything for us to do. They even expect us to do work on our off time without any compensation. However, the benefits they offer are great.
A place with some opportunities
Counterintelligence Special Agent (Current Employee), Fort Belvoir, VAOctober 8, 2013
Pros: fair amount of training opportunities
Cons: not as many opportunities as there are for officers
The Army reserves (my experience is limited to one unit) is a place with some opportunities but there seems to be many more opportunities for real world missions for the officers and not so much for the enlisted personnel.
must be dedicated to be in the army reserves
Corporal, Team Leader (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 8, 2013
Pros: unity
Cons: hard to balance
if you have an mos that can translate into the civilian word the reserves would be a great thing if not its going to be challenging finding a job
Productive, good place company to grow in
Computer Information Specialist (Current Employee), Los Alamitos, CAOctober 5, 2013
Work only one weekend a month. Everyday is a learning experience.
a fun place where i met a lot of new and cool people
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 3, 2013
Pros: good food
Cons: long hours
Over all I would join again. the people in every unit I was in were

always fun to work with. we worked hard, but also played hard too
Working for the Man
Civil Affairs Sergeant (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCOctober 2, 2013
Pros: housing pay, medical, dental insurance
Cons: long hard hours for small amount of pay
You work 24-7 for the United States Government
Some travel to foreign countries
Must stay physically fit to get promoted
Must attend schools to further your military career
Military Instructor (Current Employee), Webster, NYSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: training
Cons: training
I love the US Army reserves. This is an awesome career with opportunity for growth.
great environment to be in, great camaraderie
Multi- Channel Communications Operator/Maintainer (Current Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 28, 2013
Pros: camaraderie, sense of pride in the work you are doing
Cons: not full time or active.
the people there are great and the environment is good to be in. working together everyday to ensure the mission gets done. we have learned many things from vehicle maintenance to trouble shooting the system networks and equipment. higher management are good people to work under they motivate you to become better and always try your best. the fellow – more... co-workers are a bunch of great people from all walks of life. Making the work place enjoyable because of the many different cultures that come united to work together for the same task. the hardest part about the job is knowing it is not full time so you cannot rely on that for main income. what is most enjoyable is the camaraderie that you get whit the men and women of that unit. – less
Very productive work place.
Human Resources Supervisor (Former Employee), CubaSeptember 27, 2013
Learned a lot of skills. Helped with a lot of costumer service and input into making decisions for outcome of the company.

United States Army Reserves Photos