United States Army Reserves

United States Army Reserves Employer Reviews

Army Reserves
Unit Supply Specialist (Current Employee), Greensburg, PAApril 15, 2014
Haven't met with my unit yet since I been back from training.
Learned A lot of Morals and Values
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), New Cumberland, PAApril 14, 2014
Pros: standards
Cons: ruins a weekend!
Would show up to my unit once a month for a weekend drill. Participated in all the training exercises that our Commander would give us.
Productive and a very diverse place to work.
Laundry Clothing Repair Specialist (Current Employee), Bayside, NYApril 14, 2014
A typical day at drill is planning and preparation for annual training, and for the Army Physical Fitness Test. The soldiers conduct classes and perform task within large teams.
Ok experience
Transportation Management Coordinator (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 22, 2014
Pros: affordable health and dental insurance
Cons: long work days
I've been in for over 5 years- I've had good experience and bad.
Productive and fun environment to work!
Deputy Chief of Maintenance (Former Employee), Fort Belvoir, VAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: healthcare benefits
Cons: deployments to other conutries
While deployed, you do physical fitness on your own. The work day starts at 8am until 6pm with a one hour lunch break. This job has multiple opportunities to advance, management, leadership, structure and career development. Friendly environment, great place to work and hardest part about the job is sometimes the best part about the job; working in – more... other countries making a difference throughout the world. – less
opportunities abound
88M/ 92A Automated Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 18, 2014
Pros: life experience
Cons: huge time commitment/ low entry pay
every young person should take this chance, it is a great after school option for those who do not yet know what they would like to go to school for
Awesome
Heavy Equipment Operator/Supervisor (Current Employee), New Kensington, PAMarch 13, 2014
Pros: operating equipment
Cons: couldn't do it more.
I found my calling with being a Heavy Equipment operator. maintaince of all the vehicals that I would use for the day. I was in charge of 8-10 soldiers. This job was 1 weekend a month but my team knew what they were doing. we went to Germany and built a road and i was overseeing two job sites.
Work Day
S-2 Non Commission Officer in Charge (NCOIC) (Former Employee), Anniston, ALMarch 13, 2014
A typical day for me would be passing on critical information from my bosses (officers and Senior Enliested) down to the people who work with me (my soldiers). Also, I sit on planning meeting trying to determine training and planning for future activities. I manage daily activities of my employees. I process data and put the information into understandable – more... information for everyone to understand. The hardest part of my job is making information understandable without complete knowledge of what is going on because I only have pieces of the information. The easiest part of my day is working hands on with my employees (soldiers). – less
Glad to have had this experience
Soldier/ Laundry and Bath Specialist (Former Employee), Wood River, ILMarch 11, 2014
I had several different positions in the military. I started as a cook. Then worked in maintenance and finished as a laundry and bath specialist. We built mobile showers and did laundry for troops in the field.
ths is a hard one to explain.
Sergeant (Former Employee), Klamath Falls, ORMarch 11, 2014
there isn't really a whole lot that i can go into about in this description.
Went to fast
Quartermaster (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAMarch 4, 2014
Pros: got to go places
Cons: red tape and lazy high ups
Army reserves drill days are very boring and not productive. Mostly sat around in classes learning something ( I think). When left the post to shot weapons (M-16) was the fun time to spend all weekend shooting.
One weekend a month, two weeks a year
Civil Affairs Officer (Current Employee), Fort Dix, NJMarch 4, 2014
As an Army Reservist I have the opportunity to serve my country and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
410th Brigade Signal Company
Nodal Network System Operator (Current Employee), Fort Belvoir, VAMarch 3, 2014
We only meet one weekend a month. This shouldn't get in the way of your personal life. Since I joined the military I've learned a lot about life and a lot about myself. You acquire some invaluable skills (i.e. leadership, teamwork, etc.). The chain of command is fantastic; they know what they are doing and they truly care about their soldiers. The greatest – more... part of the experience is that your coworkers are more like your family. – less
Productive and structured work environment.
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TexasMarch 3, 2014
It a great place to work and there are a lot of benefits of being in the United States Army. I have learned a lot throughout my years.
Proud to be an american
Platoon Sergeant Medical 91B (Former Employee), Fort Devens, MAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: multi cross-fuctional train
Cons: went through 2 closures
enjoyed the opportunity to serve our country as well as be attached to many different groups and having the chance to train on many different military equipment and assult weapons.
Very productive
Medical Specialist (Former Employee), Utica, NYMarch 3, 2014
Pros: good training skills, education benefits
Cons: i do not have any bad experiences or anything negative about being in the military.
I enjoyed everything about the military. It was the right environment for me.
It is an enjoyable and friendly place to work
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee), 319 Transportation CompanyFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: the atmosphere gave you the opportunity to do more than what you get paid to do.
Cons: opportunity to advance and get ahead.
I developed my managerial skills from within the Transportation Company and I would like to find other jobs that care about people.
Exciting military experience which has taughyt me loyalty, dignity, and hard work
Solider (Current Employee), Fort Leonard Wood, MOFebruary 26, 2014
Being away from family is the hardest part of my job. Brotherhood between soldiers is the most rewarding part of my job. I have learned numerous things about the Military Police as well as performing the duty of each job,
Military Operations
PART-TIME INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Upland, CAFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Training for military operations was a typical day of work. Co-workers were great and so was management. Hardest part of the job is being away from the family. The best part of the job is the people you work with.
One weekend a month/2 weeks a year and being a part of something special.
Equipment Records and Parts (Former Employee), Urbana, ILFebruary 18, 2014
Worked in the motor pool dispatching vehicles
Ordered repair parts