United States Cold Storage Employee Reviews

Hard work and great Co workers
Transportation Coordinator/Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Tulare, CAJanuary 19, 2017
US cold is a good place to work and the people that work there are great. There are some perks to working there including the insurance and work environment. Not for lazy people. Lots of work and usually have opportunities to get overtime. Sometimes when we exceed expectations the company brings us free lunch which is appreciated. Around Thanksgiving and Christmas we are given bonuses. The bonuses are the same for all employees so it's not based on your pay grade.
Pros
Christmas bonus, great coworkers
Cons
Pay, Can not get promoted unless you're related to a supervisor
Pay and compensation is fairly good for job requirements but not good for people who need free time.
Forklift operator/warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 21, 2017
We are a union plant in Omaha NE. We are paid better than other non union plants but the drawbacks being we only have one shift. So starting at 7 a.m. and working until the work is done. Never worked less than a 9 hr day and often work 10 to 13 hrs plus 8 or 9 hours on Saturdays and/or Sundays. So having free time is very difficult but the compensation/overtime is pretty good for what the job requires. Not really any opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours, little advancement opportunities, customer relations
Fast paced, very high turnover
Warehouseman/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, ILOctober 17, 2016
The pay is competitive, and the health benefits are great. That is the only thing that keeps employees there so long. Their turnover rate is outrageous, and upper management is a complete disaster. Talking with veterans of the company say it's been run this way since the place opened.

Great resume builder, but don't get too comfortable. If they want to push you out, they'll find any reason to regardless of production you pump out.

There's always two sides of the story, but from an employee perspective, this place can prove to be quite bogus.
Pros
Plenty of OT, simple job assignments
Cons
Plenty of OT, fast paced protuctivity rate, not much career advancement within the facility itself.
even as a temp is was still good place to work
Labor Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  tulre caJanuary 25, 2017
as a temp the work environment was good most of the employees are nice and your always busy unloading cleaning wrapping and labeling what i did when i was there to bad the didn't get into full time position and they will work with you if you wanted to certified for fork lift
Amazing company, that honed my safety desired skills in the warehouse work culture.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Learned to operate, stand up lift trucks, scissor lifts, dually lift trucks, as well correct order pulling. Great respect for the care of unloading and loading trucks with company product for delivery.
Pros
Good beneifits, and insurance.
Cons
N/A
good work environment
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Lake City, FLJanuary 3, 2017
No room for advancement but over all good place to work with great benefits hourly pay is lacking. Management is lacking severly but great work environment
benefits
Cons
No to little room for advancement
Great benefits
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Covington, TNSeptember 11, 2016
USCS had fantastic benefits and a good culture if you can get in the right building and customer base. Advancement efforts are being made for younger workers and will have upward mobility in coming years.
Pros
Benefits and solid financials
Cons
Controlled by customers - hard to get back up
Horrible
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Minooka, ILJuly 15, 2016
Worst place I've ever worked in my life, good money but horrible management. Never a set schedule. They lost their biggest supplier now are cutting back on hours. Management will harass you constantly if they do not like you.. I would never recommend this job to anyone unless your a hillbilly with no other option. Kevin Sears the head of the company is a straight A.Good luck on your journey and if you're black, good luck
Pros
Pay
High reach operator
High reach operator (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 12, 2016
Great employees to work with. Most supervisor's are great to work with. Higher management is horrible. Treat employees like slaves. You need to ask permission to use the bathroom. They like to write you up for any reason. They make up rules every day. Management is so unprofessional. And if they don't like you. They will harass you until you can't take it anymore. If you want to feel like a nobody go work for United States cold storage in Bethlehem
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Feels like new age slavery
Good Job, Coorporate America
Refrigeration Mechanic and Safety Trainer (Current Employee) –  Quakertown, PAJanuary 8, 2017
Great job. Loved who I worked for and the work I performed. The "Corporate America" decisions sometimes made by management were hard to see and handle.

Want to know more about United States Cold Storage?

Ask a question
All in all a great place to work
Warehouseman/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, ILNovember 4, 2016
Good management, great benefits and pay, and working with the people there was a joy. There was a sense of community and the management often held a free lunch for the workers.
cold work
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Minooka, IL 60447January 12, 2017
This was a fast paced job were you would pick your orders from your lil comp on the fork lift. You had to hurry up an pick fast but safely. It was a good company.
Pros
lots of ot
Cons
Too many bosses
Good working place
Warehouseman (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 5, 2016
Good working company,check-in drivers, assigning correct door to work unloading and loading, assigning work to employees, manage employees to get the work done on time, answering customer calls, scheduling appt.. What I have learned from this company is to always stay up to date at work, with software and supplies needed to get the work done on time. Co- workers are always there to back up each other with any circumstances that can happened.
Pros
short breaks avery 2 hours
Cons
every weekend working
good work place but lacks job security
Forklift operations and warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, ILMay 31, 2016
The company has a lack of job security. This company has an LMS system that constantly monitors productivity in which makes it difficult for employees to adhere to and restricts safety regulations while trying to move forklifts through areas in which are congested with workers. Their data system is outdated and crashes constantly making the tasks of the daily job difficult to complete
Pros
good pay
Cons
LMS system
Productive workplace with exellent benefits
Warehouse Trainer (Current Employee) –  Minooka, ILJuly 27, 2016
This is an exellent workplace with plenty of overtime and exellent benefits, however advancement is difficult and comes with few raises
Pros
positive work environment and incentive programs
Cons
not alot of room for advancement
Cool place to work. I enjoy my job
Slip, clamp, double and single powered jacks (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 13, 2016
Good job to have. Always stay busy. Great benefits. Funny people to work with. Bosses are cool. They come to me a lot because they know I'm the go to guy to get the job done.
Pros
Free safety lunches every month
Cons
15 minute break every 2 hours
Cold place to work
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYMay 28, 2016
Cold long days management weren't friendly people to work with but my coworkers were all fun guys to work with and the hardest part of the job was riding around in the freezer stocking the freezer and u had to stay in the freezer at least one hour and I enjoyed getting off just so I could take those cold freezer suits off
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks not enough time to warm up
it was ok
Unloader/Loader (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCOctober 5, 2016
did not go by team work put all perssure on 1 man alone always short the hours pay rate was week didnt do permant hiring stressful aggravting job not cool
No hours
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, UTAugust 19, 2016
Left a great paying full time job for US cold storage. I worked 9 hours in 2 weeks when i was promised 40+ hours a week. The leads of the shifts are not very approachable either.
Pros
The HR team
Cons
Stand up forklifts.
Productive working all day
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Medley, FLSeptember 6, 2016
Good job if you want a quick buck. We would unload trucks all day and fix broken box's. My co-workers where very good to work with because they was hard working like me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Cold Storage. Our community is ready to answer.

United States Cold Storage Reviews by Location