United States Conference of Catholic Bishops Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Staff Connect Contracting Service (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 27, 2016
It was a pleasure working there. I enjoyed the coworkers. I enjoyed the fact that they included contractors for Christmas parties and company picnics. It is a great place to work.
Pros
Everything. The lunch from the cafeteria is awesome.
Cons
location
Collegial, collaborative work environment
Assistant Director for Education and Outreach (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 21, 2016
Our boss valued collaboration and consultation in his decision-making and sought input from all members of staff, as well as colleagues in other departments. He ensured that lower-level staff had opportunities for growth and advancement and supported policy-level staff in their recommendations.
Respectable environment to work
assistant director (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 5, 2016
USCCB is a place where one could join a group of colleagues to realize a sense of mission in contributing to the common good. The most wonderful part are the parties and people who make them happen. And the most difficult part of the job is to leave it.
Benefits
Cons
company reorganizations
Multicultural Environment, professional development almost none
Administrative Assistant (NCO) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 1, 2015
A typical day at work would entitled checking and responding to emails of grantees from all over Latin America and the US, since I was the grant processor for those areas. General office work and dealing with pending projects. I learned how to process, manage and evaluate grants, manage the accounts payable for these projects so I learned to work with accounting software such as MICROROIX, learned a little bit more about the Catholic Church mission.
Management was a difficult issue. I served for an Executive Director, 4 Associate Directors and three grant specialists, all of which had different leadership styles. This was the most challenging part, trying to define deadlines accordingly.
Co-workers were amazing, a very diverse cultural group.
The most enjoyable part of the work was receiving grateful messages from grantees, thanking us for the approval of their projects because of our help many lives have changed for the better.
Pros
Multicultural environment
Cons
Not family oriented, some managers didn't follow thru with the appropiate protocol
Not-for-Profit
ACTING ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF GRANTS ACCOUNTING (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 3, 2014
Not-for-Profit in Washington DC area. Provides intake and placement of refugees relocated to the United States.
Pros
Not-for-Profit
Cons
Not-for-Profit
Wonderful play to work but they have unfair management
DATA PROCESS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 5, 2014
The typical day was great, I was able to obtain management knowledge about refugees. This place will let you go at the drop of a dime, especially if a person job was placed on hold but another person got laid off so she will keep a job there.
Pros
Wonderful benefits
Cons
Management having special people they would like to work with.
Great learning experience
Grants Specialist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 18, 2014
The staff is very friendly and for Catholics interested in going to daily Mass, they have a chapel in the building with daily noon Mass.
No comment
Monitor and Quality Assurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 22, 2013
Management is not flexible at all, Not enjoyable. I love the people minus management. Only work focus no interpersonal style at all.
Pros
free events to attend
Cons
7 hour work days

Comment – December 26, 2013

Do not join the Family Reunification team, no good experience, colleagues are great but management is horrible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4