United States Department Of Defense Employee Reviews

Found 2,940 reviews matching the search
fun work place, with kitchen
Park Ranger (Former Employee) –  Enid, MSSeptember 25, 2017
Opening gates going in day-use areas.

To always check the gates on days that i worked

i enjoyed helping campers out with their questions
a fun place.
Pros
a friendly caring place to work i wish i could of been full time year around.
Cons
on working on Sunday not able to attended church, but was able to go to Friday nite services
Nice place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDSeptember 25, 2017
I enjoyed my time working on the DISA project. While the environment was enjoyable, sometimes a bit of stress, but that's to be expected in a fast pace office. My time was short due to the amount of contractors over hired - and after staffing and placement was completed, my work was done.
Pros
Nice office
Cons
Short time
Productive work place
Senior Project Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Warren, MISeptember 25, 2017
Great place to work for as an intern coming straight out of college. I learned the Army does not leave no man behind. They are a team player. the hardest part of the job, there isn't one, if you get stuck you have ample team members to assist you.
Pros
holidays off
Cons
difficult advancement
Corporal, Non-Commissioned Officer and Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GA 31314September 25, 2017
A typical day was not limited to only training but also communications throughout our chain of commands. What I learned was how to be a leader and how to establish a strong foundation for success. The management was excellent. All who have which taught me many life skills. The hardest part of my job was truly the security of our nation. The most enjoyable part of the job was the comradery with my brothers and sister.
Pros
Health Benefits and Education Benefits
Cons
Field training in the cold
challenging
Mechanic & Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 24, 2017
good place to work.great benefits.good people.very happy to be part of a great team.a good wage.good leaders.pull daley maintenance and repairs.find ways to inprve work place.and tools.
Pros
education
Typical day at work.
Food Security and Defense Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Provincia di Napoli, CampaniaSeptember 24, 2017
We do more by 9 AM than some people do all day is not just a catchy phrase. It is true. Sometimes a typical day began with a work out from 0500 to 0545, a quick shower and breakfast, then hop a bus to the next installation to work on Food Defense folders on a highly secured SIPRNET computer. Challenging, fast paced day, that leaves you tired, but satisfied. I loved it. However 20 years, 2 months and 17 days is enough for me.
Pros
Excellent work opportunities
Cons
Hostile Manager
It was the begining of civilian employment at security gates
Supervisory Gate Guard (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDSeptember 23, 2017
It was an great experience and loved the folks I worked with but it was the beginning of having civilians at security gates opposed to military so a few hiccups and trying to get it set up and running smooth.
Normal Customer Service
Teller (Current Employee) –  DelawareSeptember 22, 2017
Checking ID card for authorize patrons, assist cashiers for refund, assists managers and accounting department. 30mins lunch break and two 15mins breaks.
Great
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 22, 2017
DoD is an excellent place to work. It has a fast paced community that is extremely engaging into careers. I would highly recommend this place for someone to work.
The pay was nice but the management wasn't
Assistant Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VASeptember 21, 2017
I enjoyed working at the Preschool. The pay was well and the parents were kind most of the time. Management constantly changed so the rules became more strict as time went on. Unprofessional behavior amongst management would deter advancement in the workplace no matter how qualified you were.
Pros
good pay, always open for new hires
Cons
management, unprofessional, no advancement in career
Fun and friendly work enviroment
Electrical Equipment Engineer Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCSeptember 21, 2017
The work environment was good and the leadership was good. Co-workers were very friendly and encouraging. Work space was always kept fairly clean. Over all it was a good experience
Pros
Paid time and holidays off
Cons
strict dress code
Awesome Experience!
Morris K. Udall Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 20, 2017
Very fast paced! I networked and made a lot of contacts. I worked in the Assistant Secretary of the Army-Civil Works Division. Best job in the world!!
Attiude
Combat Medic / Medical Logistic Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camp Blanding, FLSeptember 20, 2017
My career includes years of on the job training and experience that have allowed me to provide the highest quality support in an array of positions. I embraced the work ethic and a honest day of work.
fun place to work
Tank Crewmember (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GASeptember 20, 2017
I loved my time in the military. the traveling and meeting new people was very exciting I learned a wealth of thing while enlisted and wouldnt trade the experience for the world.
Great Job
Administrative Support Technician (OA) (Former Employee) –  Baden-WürttembergSeptember 20, 2017
It was a great environment. Supervisors were very nice and supportive. Not everyone was breathing down your neck. If you needed help they were willing to help
great place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDSeptember 20, 2017
great place to work with great benefits
a lot of red tape to complete your job
politics play a big role in doing your job
great leadership in most areas
Can be a great place
Cost / Price Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 19, 2017
Can be a great place to work if you get placed in the right team. When placed within the right team you can overcome a lot of obstacles caused by micromanagement and or poor management execution
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Micromanagement or poor management
Nice atmosphere
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GASeptember 19, 2017
Great place to work but opportunity to advance. The pay and benefits are fair for part-time work. Management is good but could be better. Helping customers was the best part of the job.
Pros
Nice work pace
Cons
Little chance to advance
Excellent Agency
Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 18, 2017
Amazing Team of Individuals!

Love working at DCAA!

Supervisors are great and very valuable. Good Place to grow!
Enjoyed working with peers
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 18, 2017
Enjoyed working with knowledgeable peers. Quick promotion after probationary period. Get to work with the contractor and learn about SAP. Overwhelming knowledge gained about defense contracts.